MGS: Peace Walker Collector's Edition - $49.99 at GS

[quote name='Vader582']Big Boss Pack Unboxing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNVe9Y3qUV0
I reserved the BBP but made a few calls and was able to score what seems to be, the only unreserved CE in the Richmond Area. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That is the worst unboxing video I have ever seen. Camera is never on the item and there was still more unboxing to do...

[quote name='Davestation']That is the worst unboxing video I have ever seen. Camera is never on the item and there was still more unboxing to do...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's certainly not great but at least the guy did some editing.:lol:
I'll take 2 minutes over 9 minutes of not seeing the unboxing.

Bah! I hate living in CA when I order from Gamestop. If I choose the free shipping with SAVER they normally ship through USPS or UPS but it comes from KY so I won't get my game until Friday. Ah well, I might play through MGS3 again and maybe Portable Ops while I wait.

I got some playtime on my Big Boss Pack, and I gotta say I'm loving the game and the PSP 3000 (I have a launch 1000.)

The interlaced screen looks weird in the XMB, and I can see why some people hate it, but all is good once you get into the game. Also it works great on an SDTV with component cables. Even the case is pretty nice, it holds the system, 2 UMD's, and my headphones.

[quote name='Ed_']I went by my local store and the gal who usually helps me was there with the manager. I traded in a few psp games and picked up my big boss bundle. As I was chatting away with the gal the manager walked up to her and tossed a bandana in the bag she put my bundle in. I let out a massive, "sweet!" and they both laughed. He said he hadn't forgotten I asked for one well over a month in advance.

The beat part is that a soon as I walked out of the store and I got a confirmation email stating my MGS PW CE order had shipped and I also got a bandana through there :cool:[/QUOTE]

That's some kickass customer service. That gal and the manager knows how to treat their customers properly. I wish more GSes are like this, but I know it's hard to be a motivated employee with the shit pay and benefits they give them.

Can ya guyz help me with some ?s

Is the MGS PW LE (game only+art book?) only at GS, is the target listing one a mistake? How come amazon never offered it? Or did they and I just missed it.

The Is the boss pack a GS exclusive too? What were the bonus goodies besides badana? T-shirt? Did other retailers have their version of preorder bonus items?

That boss pack psp lookz pretty schweeeeet! Wish I could affordz it but cant :whistle2:(

[quote name='muzras']Can ya guyz help me with some ?s

Is the MGS PW LE (game only+art book?) only at GS, is the target listing one a mistake? How come amazon never offered it? Or did they and I just missed it.

The Is the boss pack a GS exclusive too? What were the bonus goodies besides badana? T-shirt? Did other retailers have their version of preorder bonus items?

That boss pack psp lookz pretty schweeeeet! Wish I could affordz it but cant :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

They both were GS exclusives only and will not find it in any other stores. Some stores still do have some extras. Less LE, more Boss Pack.

[quote name='miriamleo']What kind of cable do I need to hook up my PSP to TV?[/QUOTE]

lol believe or not I actually have one of these Sony brand factory sealed psp into Tv cable for the slim version psp. It is sort or like a rca/component cable combo. Plugs straight into your tv from your psp.

wanna trade? do u haz sum stuffz to tradez? ;)

[quote name='miriamleo']So they dismantled the game already on the day of release? And a Collector's Edition at that too.
I bet those employees were curious so they just ripped open the games they received, and sold it back to people after they fulfilled their curiosity.[/QUOTE]

so stupid of gamestop to gut CEs. I was just watching her like WTF is she doing? also had stickers on the CE box itself. Would have picked it up ina heartbeat if it was sealed.

The big boss bundle box itself is not supposed to be sealed right? Just the two clear circular stickers..? curious if they ripped that away, too.

[quote name='kozu']Man that unboxing was really underwhelming. :/[/QUOTE]

Really, I quite enjoyed watching it from an upside down perspective, as if he was unboxing it but didn't really want the camera to see everything he was seeing. The narrative was especially compelling, though I suppose I'd take a soundtrack over heavy breathing any day ... I could feel the tension as he struggled to pull the plastic off the game. ;)

Presentation wise I have to say I don't think the CE is a complete letdown. The artbook doesn't look awful and while a hardback copy would have made this CE 100% worth the additional cost, I think the oversized box and normal sized art book were a nice touch for what really could have been something similar to what was given out to pre-orders with MGS4.

[quote name='miriamleo']What kind of cable do I need to hook up my PSP to TV?[/QUOTE]

Just look for the PSP slim/2000 video cables, they work with the 3000 even though they say they are for the 2000 only. If your tv has component get the component set, if not there is a set for composite as well.

The only downside to the cables is that it plays games in a window, but that window is still bigger than a psp screen.

Wooh, didn't pre-order, but I did pick up the LE along with a bandana. My GS is awesome, sucks that the online deals are always better then the instore ones so I don't pre-order much in-store.

Wow, my super late CE order from Barnes and Noble actually shipped!

This was two or three days after Gamestop took it off their site.

Welp, time to sell that copy. I guess that paid for my instore copy.

Gotta love emailing customer service every time I place an order to get a refund on the tax charged.

I'm surprised they've complied 2 out of 2 times now.

Target has some Monster brand PSP cables on clearance right now. You can try your luck there.

I got mine in today. I was really pleased with how it was packaged (in a flat box with the product surrounded in bubblewrap) using the 2 day ship option. I wonder if people who order this through using the free (SAVER) shipping got the same treatment?

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']Guys, does the big boss bundle or the limited edition game comes with a special dlc code like the mgs spirited green bundle?[/QUOTE]
The BBP comes with a DLC code for a "stealth gun" and a t-shirt for Snake to wear.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I got mine in today. I was really pleased with how it was packaged (in a flat box with the product surrounded in bubblewrap) using the 2 day ship option. I wonder if people who order this through using the free (SAVER) shipping got the same treatment?[/QUOTE]
Yep! Same treatment and just as fast ;).

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']What about the limited edition, does it comes with a special code too for dlc? thanks[/QUOTE]

No, it's just the Standard Game, artbook and over-sized case. No exclusive DLC.

Picked up the last copy at my local GS today... Wonder how rare this will end up being compared to the Subsistence limited edition.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I got mine in today. I was really pleased with how it was packaged (in a flat box with the product surrounded in bubblewrap) using the 2 day ship option. I wonder if people who order this through using the free (SAVER) shipping got the same treatment?[/QUOTE]

I used SAVER and it came in Wednesday all bubble wrapped and everything. It's great having a distribution center one state away. Saver never takes longer then two days.

Did anyone order a regular copy of the game from Amazon? When I add the regular $39.99 version of Peace Walker into my cart it shows up as, "Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (Collector's Edition) (PlayStation Portable)", give it a try. What the hell is that? I ordered my copy from B&N yesterday but if Amazon is really is selling the CE for $39 that would be pretty crazy......

I'm 99% sure that's an error in the item name, as it comes up the same with PW games from 3rd party sellers as well. You can try, but I have a feeling you'll end up disappointed.

[quote name='tyrok3k']I used SAVER and it came in Wednesday all bubble wrapped and everything. It's great having a distribution center one state away. Saver never takes longer then two days.[/QUOTE]

I haven't received mine yet, how much did your guys' packages weigh? My previous experiences with GS.com have been mixed, with most single games coming in bubble mailers, but the TE FightStick I ordered came packed better than it went from MadCatz->GS (it was the original shipping box which holds two of them, but only had 1 + ton of packing material)

[quote name='etcrane']I'm 99% sure that's an error in the item name, as it comes up the same with PW games from 3rd party sellers as well. You can try, but I have a feeling you'll end up disappointed.[/QUOTE]

yeah i figured as much, i'm not going to risk it :)

[quote name='malrock']yeah i figured as much, i'm not going to risk it :)[/QUOTE]

I got a regular copy of the game from amazon. The CE really is only from Gamestop.

Broke down and got Big Boss Bundle at GS. I'll Probably sell my 2000 if i can get any sort of money back for it. I have to say the camo matte finish is really classy. I heard that the patterns are unique to each system, that doesn't seem like it can be true but has anyone heard something similar?

[quote name='Fatbot3']Broke down and got Big Boss Bundle at GS. I'll Probably sell my 2000 if i can get any sort of money back for it. I have to say the camo matte finish is really classy. I heard that the patterns are unique to each system, that doesn't seem like it can be true but has anyone heard something similar?[/QUOTE]Pretty sure they are.

Aaarrrggghhh! I finally broke down and ordered the LE at BN.com for $53. I can't recall when was the last time I paid retail AND shipping for a game. I should have ordered it at GS last week with free ship using one of the $10 coupons I still have.

Now hopefully they will ship.

Is the screen resolution on the 3000 that much better than past psps and if so buy how much? Every upgrade they are claiming that.

[quote name='trunks982']Inside the limited edition box, is the back of the game case says NOT FOR RESALE or is it just like the original edition?[/QUOTE]

It has a bar code like a retail copy.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Broke down and got Big Boss Bundle at GS. I'll Probably sell my 2000 if i can get any sort of money back for it. I have to say the camo matte finish is really classy. I heard that the patterns are unique to each system, that doesn't seem like it can be true but has anyone heard something similar?[/QUOTE]

I compare mine to various pictures on the web, and yes, each Camo PSP has unique patterns to them.

[quote name='miriamleo']I compare mine to various pictures on the web, and yes, each Camo PSP has unique patterns to them.[/QUOTE]

I gotta say, that is really cool. Even more pleasant was seeing that a PSP 2000 still goes for 70-100 on ebay.

Now the only question is, should I keep the 2000 for it's "different" screen? Most people seem to say the 3000 is better I believe I remember an IGN video that said it was actually worse.

[quote name='gepet0']Is the screen resolution on the 3000 that much better than past psps and if so buy how much? Every upgrade they are claiming that.[/QUOTE]

I don't think there is THAT much difference b/t the 2000 & 3000 myself. There is a big jump from the original Phat model 1000 to the 2000/3000 though.

I like my 2000 a bit better for the screen than the 3000, but like the 3000 too because of Skype & other things.

http://www.gamingbits.com/content/view/4785

bread's done
Back