MGS4 LE $69.99 B&M only

my canceled pre order justified. It just sucks compared to euro and japanese collectors and i guess it was just too expensive being at almost $90 at tax before.

HOLY CRAP YES! I have been waiting for this to drop and now that it has im DEFINITELY going to grab it! although...have to find out which one of my GS's has it...thanks a MILLION OP! MADE MY DAY!

Thanks OP. I didn't get this because I didn't like the extra cost, nor was I sure I'd like MGS4 as much as the other MGSs. But after playing most of it and with the drop in price, this is looking very tempting...

[quote name='OGHowie']Had a feeling about this. Most of their exclusive LE's like FF12 LE aren't that limited.[/quote]

I still think this LE was limited (not as much as MGS3 LE), since GS.com sold out and never restocked. I think the issue is demand for the LE was lower than expected.

It appears to me that the MGS4 LE Strategy Guide seems to be the MGS item that is hard to get at this point. It is rumored that there were only ~40,000 printed.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']It appears to me that the MGS4 LE Strategy Guide seems to be the MGS item that is hard to get at this point. It is rumored that there were only ~40,000 printed.[/QUOTE]

If you're interested you can still get those online at bestbuy and circuitcity. The stores are pretty much sold out though.

oh sweet, i think i'm able to return and rebuy... my receipt says 30 days for new (i haven't open my copy, since i got a copy from the gunmetal PS3). And i also picked up the game late... Thanks op!

NO GO ON THIS DEAL!!!! just went to a Gamestop B&M store, they Shaqf'ud me by saying that they don't match Gamestop.com prices!!! Not believing the B&M shady employees, I then called Customer Service & they confirmed that B&M stores don't price match on-line. I then asked Customer service what the B&M price was, they said it was still $84.99!!!!

As a side note, don't get it twisted, the MGS4 LE edition is really "limited."

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew this was going to happen. It will probably drop off even more.

I still think this LE was limited (not as much as MGS3 LE), since GS.com sold out and never restocked. I think the issue is demand for the LE was lower than expected.

:sigh: subsistence in general hard a very low PO count, so as a company you're not going to make many copies, especially for the LE version. MGS3 also wasn't all that popular. MGS 4 is quite the opposite, it had tons of hype and was thee go to game for the PS3. So of course gamestop is going to capitalise on it. Also, like panasonic said, it's not as good as the UK and japanese LE exclusives.

[quote name='fenix12']NO GO ON THIS DEAL!!!! just went to a Gamestop B&M store, they Shaqf'ud me by saying that they don't match Gamestop.com prices!!! Not believing the B&M shady employees, I then called Customer Service & they confirmed that B&M stores don't price match on-line. I then asked Customer service what the B&M price was, they said it was still $84.99!!!!

As a side note, don't get it twisted, the MGS4 LE edition is really "limited."[/QUOTE]

Pretty lame since the website has been sold out for more than a few weeks already. The website does say that online prices are different though....

No go here... and i'm not even asking for price match from on-line order either. I bought the LE from B&M GS at $84.99 w/o tax. I show the guy the receipt and preparing for return and rebuy, but behold, the price of the LE is still $84.99, so no go for me.

The local store said they still had a bunch of copies and that the LE had not sold well for them. Tempted to bite on this, but I'll probably wait it out for a bit.

[quote name='fenix12']NO GO ON THIS DEAL!!!! just went to a Gamestop B&M store, they Shaqf'ud me by saying that they don't match Gamestop.com prices!!! Not believing the B&M shady employees, I then called Customer Service & they confirmed that B&M stores don't price match on-line. I then asked Customer service what the B&M price was, they said it was still $84.99!!!!

As a side note, don't get it twisted, the MGS4 LE edition is really "limited."[/quote]Well, this blows. So much for that idea. :wall:

The local gamestop i went too had 1 copy that was a pre-order, they sold it to me at regular price, i told them about the price drop, but they could not find it in there computer. came back with a copy of the site, they stilll could not believe it. so they called customer service and they said they took down that ad. Distric manager was there so he statred to txt msg his peers to find out whatthe hell was going on, but in the end he sold it to me at the sell price on the web site. Pluse i hade 2 xbox360 games igot at BBV B1G1F to trade.

Well, the website does say "Call store to confirm pricing and availability."

I'm pretty sure the LE is pretty limited because I've seen only one copy at one store before, but online, that same store still has it in stock supposedly. Not sure what to make of this price drop or the rarity of the LE version, but happy hunting if you're looking for it at $70.

[quote name='Serpentor']This price drop must be YMMV, since the GSs i go to in NYC don't have LE in stock (not even the local ones in Queens).[/quote]

Pfft, I haven't seen one on the entire island aside from the one I pre-ordered. Everyone's been out of stock on them since launch.

According to the locator it is in-stock at the 3 stores within a quarter-mile of me (Yes, I live across the street from a shopping mall). I'm pissed that this is the first LE I sprung for and it's been disappointing (artbook = flyer). If the store prices match the online price tomorrow I'll consider buying a copy and returning the new copy with my original purchase receipt. Not something I'd normally do but I'm bitter about this.

Sorry this deal didn't work out for many of you. Since the recent GS.com "upgrade" a few months back, I believed that the online and B&M systems were more unified in terms of posted price and reported availability. One of the few exceptions, was for the MGS4 LE strategy guide which was marked at an "online only" price of $19.99.

[quote name='KSHLove']that sucks, was the deal ever available online?[/quote]

No it wasn't. Perhaps $69.99 was supposed to be the pre-owned price.

Who knows, this is GS we are dealing with....

is the copy in the LE identical to the stand alone copy? so in theory could you get the LE and return the unopened game part of it with a receipt from buying the regular edition a few weeks ago? because I wanted to get the LE but my local store sold out, but it appears some other stores have it now.

[quote name='TheShiz']is the copy in the LE identical to the stand alone copy? so in theory could you get the LE and return the unopened game part of it with a receipt from buying the regular edition a few weeks ago? because I wanted to get the LE but my local store sold out, but it appears some other stores have it now.[/quote]

You can't do that.

Inside the LE box the game comes unwrapped, and where the UPC should be it says "Not for Resale. Not for individual return or exchange."

[quote name='xl_prankster_lx']I figured this LE was due for a re pricing. Much like the Halo 3 LEs, they were too pricey and were due for a drop.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't surprise be... they are kinda big so they're probably taking up too much space.

I think this thread needs to be closed, a number of us confirmed the GS store's computer is still showing the $84.99 price. You can't even do return and rebuy to get the $15 back...

Correction... The price is now $69.99 in the B&M GS stores. I wasn't able to do it yesterday b/c the system still has the old price. The guy said he just got the new price memo this morning. So, i did the return and rebuy thing and got $15 back, thanks OP again!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bryan78']i'm glad i got mine for 58.80 total on release day[/quote]

The MGS LE for $58.80 on release day? Now did you pull that? No way... Don't tell me you applied GS credits, that don't count.

People, please, don't compare MGS LE with Halo 3 LE (LE as in Legendary, there's no such thing as Limited)... If you're, either you don't know jack about the LE version of both games or you're a sour puss for missing out the MGS LE version. Now if you want to compare the MGS LE with the Halo 3 CE, then i can understand your points on shelf spacing and what nots...

[quote name='cerot']mmm stupid gamestop.com stock system. Called 3 Gamestop with supposed stock and is OOS in all...[/quote]
Same here.

Do they do price adjustment within 30 days? Since they don't have it in stock here, return/repurchase may not be possible.

[quote name='Serpentor']The MGS LE for $58.80 on release day? Now did you pull that? No way... Don't tell me you applied GS credits, that don't count.[/quote]
Why wouldn't it count? Money saved is money saved. Besides, it wasn't like I had some GCs saved up or anything, I was just able to pick up some Target 360 clearance games for dirt cheap using those cpns and flip them in while they had their promo going on. I also used the 10% off any new game cpn. It turned out to be a pretty good deal for me, the LE cost less than the reg. version! :D

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4476917&postcount=1389

[quote name='eau']Same here.

Do they do price adjustment within 30 days? Since they don't have it in stock here, return/repurchase may not be possible.[/quote]

eau, you should be fine. I would, however, call around before you head out to any stores. The first store I called said they wouldn't do it for me, because my purchase is more than a week old. I tried explaining that it'd be the same thing if I returned and rebought the item, but she wasn't getting me.

On my second call to a different store, though (a store with no copies left, mind you), the manager was super nice. I explained the situation, told him I bought the game fewer than 30 days ago, and it was still sealed. He had no problem with doing the price adj. and didn't even need to see the game; he just wanted me to bring the receipt. I brought the game anyway--just in case--and he went ahead and put it through for me.

The $69.99, like others have said, is active in stores, now. I was lucky enough to find another copy in a store that still had 3.

[quote name='bryan78']Why wouldn't it count? Money saved is money saved. Besides, it wasn't like I had some GCs saved up or anything, I was just able to pick up some Target 360 clearance games for dirt cheap using those cpns and flip them in while they had their promo going on. I also used the 10% off any new game cpn. It turned out to be a pretty good deal for me, the LE cost less than the reg. version! :D

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4476917&postcount=1389[/QUOTE]

Well, i could i found $100 and the game was -$25

OMG Gamestop paid me $25 for buying the game...

The return and rebuy is definitely YMMV situation... The first GS store told me i can't do this b/c i pre-order it and they don't have my record in their local computer (WTF?). The 2nd GS store needs to make a call (to the headquater i believe). Once the call is made, i was allowed to return it and then rebuy it.

bread's done
Back