ミ★  Only wants listed... If you have something, LMK and maybe we can work it out! 

Well, that's 3 payments down. Still waiting to see how shipping will go for the last 2 items.

Also, dv8mad I noticed that you won the Mass Effect 2 without the Cerberus code. I have an extra code kicking around you can have if you want. Eb replaced my CE copy as it got damaged but I already used the code before I was aware of the damage on the case (gashes on the back of the Steelbook).
Seeing as I got it in a shady way I want to make sure it leaves my hand positivity and seeing as I apperciate what you (and everyone else) did I feel it falls to you.

[quote name='skaterguy_119']I pm'd saetia last night about winning CoD: WAW and he said today he sent out all the invoices but I didn't get one. Should I pm him again or wait a day?[/QUOTE]

If you can wait, give it a day or three. Some of these folks are overwhelmed. When I woke up this morning, I had received 33 PMs (between 12:30am and 7:00am). It's a bit daunting.

Thanks for checking!

Perhaps a weird question... I just saw an Xbox Live Gamer Picture that I must have, but it is only available on the Japanese Xbox Live Marketplace.

I'm fairly sure it's one of the five X Edge Dash pictures. I tried to order the most popular one assuming it was Etna on the Xbox Japan Website, but they told me that I couldn't buy it (meanies).

DV8 do you know if there is any way for you to buy it for me and if it would work on my Xbox? I want it soo bad. :cry:

[quote name='thelonepig']Alright, as promised:

Relysis
Rave Child
C076 Psychonauts - $10

dv8 can update the front page at his leisure (or feel free to contact Rave Child directly).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for checking on that for me!

[quote name='thelonepig']One would think we don't communicate. ;)[/QUOTE]

#-oI'm finally caught up this morning. Living on an opposite schedule from most of the rest of you assures that I wake up to too much stuff and, now I find that I should be working from the end and back rather than from where I last left off as many things have already been addressed and covered.

[quote name='dancrane212']Well, that's 3 payments down. Still waiting to see how shipping will go for the last 2 items.

Also, dv8mad I noticed that you won the Mass Effect 2 without the Cerberus code. I have an extra code kicking around you can have if you want. Eb replaced my CE copy as it got damaged but I already used the code before I was aware of the damage on the case (gashes on the back of the Steelbook).
Seeing as I got it in a shady way I want to make sure it leaves my hand positivity and seeing as I apperciate what you (and everyone else) did I feel it falls to you.[/QUOTE]

That would be great dc! As everyone well knows, PMs are impossible at this point, but if you could email my aol addy, that would be cool. Thanks!

everyone else - So sorry about the mix-ups and such.I know I've said this before, and I will probably say it a few more times before it's all said and done, but coordinating something between so many people with so many items on so many schedules is not a picnic. If it were, I would be eating fried chicken and sipping lemonade. Mmmmm, fried chicken.... :drool:

Anyway, Looks like there was some miscommunication on my end and, of course, there were also a coupe bids left out through the proceedings. Again, really sorry and I hope that more people were pleased than displeased. The best way for me to gauge that is with the star rating of the thread, which is currently just below 4.5 I think that's a pretty decent score for something this big.

That said, I am not really leaning toward having a 3rd UL next year.

Lots of complications arise throughout the process. Here are some!

- Even with a month's notice, late lists arrive and it's all a huge rush at the end.

- Instead of single lists, multiple are given and all are different. Trying to figure out stuff like that through email is a tall order!

- Having sellers from multiple countries, we really have no better option than using a base per item shipping rate, but most CAGs seemed to complain about it. Let me explain - If we say actual shipping, then no one would bid on my items or the items of Canadians if someone from the US had the same item. If that's the case, we may as well not participate. If we say $2 base per, every single seller will lose money when they ship a single item. $2.50 per and probably most in the US are breaking even, while myself and Canadians lose money. I personally settled on $3 as I have seen many lowballs start with this rate and then discount additional items. The biggest reason for us to have a single per item rate was simply to make adding things up at the end much simpler. rather than having to go, ok, 7 items... So that's $3 plus $1.75 x 6 items which is uh... Umm... Wait, $3 plus...

- PMs a-plenty! It seems it doesn't matter how many times or where I post my email, everything still comes via PM. I have gone through and counted up the amount of PMs I have received (bounced mostly) since the start of the lowball. 233. With a limit of 150 and having to keep a good 40 or 50 that are in progress with addresses, names, trades and such, it just makes me look like I can't manage to contact anyone, and I don't really like that.

There are many more things, but overall, I just don't feel it's worth the effort anymore as most people seemed be mildly irritated with the UL this year than enjoyed it.

It's not such a bad thing anyway, as dv8CAG.com is becoming much busier and I have found myself juggling the lowball and the site everyday; this past week especially. Who knows? Hopefully by this time next year I will be so busy getting items to all of you from the site that it will feel like a lowball! :lol: But hopefully with less complaints.

[quote name='skaterguy_119']I pm'd saetia last night about winning CoD: WAW and he said today he sent out all the invoices but I didn't get one. Should I pm him again or wait a day?[/QUOTE]

Dammit, I messaged someone named "skaterguy". My fault. Invoice forthcoming.

Alright, I sent the code to your aol account.

Just a note in case you weren't aware, the code doesn't work with the Xbox marketplace you have to use it with an EA account and it will let you download the content from the menu of the game.

I recommend not using the code until you are past the opening; one of the packs has a revealing title you might want to avoid before starting the game.

[quote name='guynextshore']Thanks TLP![/QUOTE]

It's really not a big deal, you should be able to be apart of lowballs, people shouldn't freak out so easily about this stuff, I'm sorry people decided to go a little far with the assumptions gns.

[quote name='Relysis']You want to hit "Personal" then "Gift." This avoids the Paypal fees for you and the seller.[/QUOTE]

Is Amazon Payments like that? If so I effed up

[quote name='buckythekat']well I've now paid all the sellers I won stuff from :bouncy: thanks everyone!

sounds like just a mixup to me not anything shady[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Aw, leaning towards not having a 3rd UL? That'd suck. I honestly didn't like the $3 shipping thing either, but I just went with it cause I wanted to participate last year too, but my rating wasn't high enough.

Maybe someone mean could take charge in getting people's lists next year lol. And put into an excel/openoffice template spreadsheet so dv8 can organize everything easier.

Ive paid for everything so far, except one item:

the_punisher

B140. Ex-Driver Volumes 1&2 + Movie (Complete Collection) - $12

I can't seem to find the_punisher on the payment list. I have sent him a PM and gotten no response. Is this possibly an error? Is this someone else's item?

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Ive paid for everything so far, except one item:

the_punisher

B140. Ex-Driver Volumes 1&2 + Movie (Complete Collection) - $12

I can't seem to find the_punisher on the payment list. I have sent him a PM and gotten no response. Is this possibly an error? Is this someone else's item?[/QUOTE]

I just did a double check and it's definitely the_punisher.

Yes, please. Come on sellers, we still have this list of items that tlp and I could not track down the owners of through all of our lists. Please identify yourselves so you can get paid!

Games
C040 Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection - $18
C327 Black SP system with power cable - $18
C108 Devil May Cry 5th Anni. Coll. - $17.50
B287. Evolution - $1
B017. Zombie BBQ - $10.50
B018. The World Ends With You - $12.50

Guides
A093.Grand Theft Auto IV - $2
A100.Perfect Dark Zero - $1
A091.Gears of War 2: Last Stand Edition - $5
A094.Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and The Damned - $1
A097.Knights of the Old Republic 2 includes bonus poster - $3
A101.Saints Row includes bonus fold-out poster - $1
A099.Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence - $6
A089.Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: The Shivering Isles - $2
A092.Godfather 2 $1
A088.Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Launch version - $5

Ok, I finally got around to looking up some of the info.

1) I sent Paypal payment to the following sellers:
deadbodyman11, thelonepig (for refusedchaos), Saetia

2) I've sent PMs to the following sellers to ask them for their Paypal e-mails / confirm totals (awaiting their responses):
elessar123, Azumangaman, punkmaggit, Porksta, FatBoyInside, TekJansen, the_punisher

3) the following sellers don't have PAC information on the first post (dv8, could you update that post if you have the info?):
punkmaggit, the_punisher

4) I can't even find this user via the advanced search so I couldn't contact them (is there a typo somewhere?):
sweetja713

5) As dv8 indicated in a previous post, I have no idea who the seller is for this:
???
A100.Perfect Dark Zero - $1

Paid one of my sellers but I am going to wait for the other 2 to contact me. Don't feel like adding another PM to the flood they probably have already

[quote name='penetratingpincer']

4) I can't even find this user via the advanced search so I couldn't contact them (is there a typo somewhere?):
sweetja713

[/QUOTE]

I believe the actual name is "sweeetja713". So try adding an extra 'e'.

I managed to pay him, so if absolutely necessary I can probably send you his Paypal address.

[quote name='penetratingpincer']
3) the following sellers don't have PAC information on the first post (dv8, could you update that post if you have the info?):
punkmaggit
[/QUOTE]

He hasn't been on since the totals were added to the op.

I've had no luck getting a response from him at all either, but it is the weekend, so he's probably just out doing things and what not.

[quote name='penetratingpincer']Ok, I finally got around to looking up some of the info.

1) I sent Paypal payment to the following sellers:
deadbodyman11, thelonepig (for refusedchaos), Saetia

2) I've sent PMs to the following sellers to ask them for their Paypal e-mails / confirm totals (awaiting their responses):
elessar123, Azumangaman, punkmaggit, Porksta, FatBoyInside, TekJansen, the_punisher

punkmaggit, the_punisher

sweetja713

5) As dv8 indicated in a previous post, I have no idea who the seller is for this:
???
A100.Perfect Dark Zero - $1[/QUOTE]

Sorry pp,
LOL, pp... :cool:
but both users have not yet posted payment info AFAIK.

[quote name='mb7241']Payments sent to the following sellers:

AkariK
battousai11
technolover (

[quote name='Ace!']since when do buyers get to dictate which shipping method is used?[/QUOTE]

The standard $3 fee was for the most convenient method giving the contents (and is pretty good for covering a single game/item with 1st class shipping). Once that 13 oz rate is topped (like with a system, for example) I think it defaults to whatever the seller is most comfortable with. Remember, 1) the buyer paid $3 so anything above that is on the seller and 2) the seller is taking a risk sending all of this. They're not going to haphazardly drop everything in a box with no packing and give an orphan $0.50 to pack it cross-country.

So yeah, if the buyer wants to dictate shipping method (which I personally don't have a problem with), then shipping ought to be higher. Maybe they could pay the difference between how you were planning on shipping and how they want it shipped?

[quote name='elessar123']Aw, leaning towards not having a 3rd UL? That'd suck. I honestly didn't like the $3 shipping thing either, but I just went with it cause I wanted to participate last year too, but my rating wasn't high enough.

Maybe someone mean could take charge in getting people's lists next year lol. And put into an excel/openoffice template spreadsheet so dv8 can organize everything easier.[/QUOTE]

The $3 shipping makes sense on a lot of items, but I think it would hurt bids on DVDs ($2.50 is close to the yardsale rate, but $4 would be kinda high in my opinion)

[quote name='elessar123']Good idea, but I feel sorry for Rave Child if that's the case. He sold a ton of stuff... =P[/QUOTE]

I know, I had to help sort it.

:rofl:

[quote name='thebob101']Still haven't heard from my seller FatBoyInside. Anyone else who won any of his items heard from him.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I already paid FBI.

Yeah but when you consider I had one buyer that got two boxed sets (smallville) for a buck each, I'm shipping that the cheapeast way possible, and they're heavy so it's gonna cost more. I sincerely doubt I make anything on those except space on dvd shelf. Granted that was kinda the point of half the items on my list but I'm just saying on stuff like that and some of the mighty muggs I will probably make only about .50 tops

Alright all invoices sent. If you haven't heard from me and you have items you won from me please let me know asap. I believe I have messaged everyone I haven't already heard from.

[quote name='sweeetja713']I sincerely doubt I make anything on those except space on dvd shelf. Granted that was kinda the point of half the items on my list but I'm just saying on stuff like that and some of the mighty muggs I will probably make only about .50 tops[/QUOTE]

That's kinda depressing.

[quote name='thebob101']Still haven't heard from my seller FatBoyInside. Anyone else who won any of his items heard from him.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry for any worries. I already stated in an earlier message that I will work on the invoices/message replies after this weekend and won't be able to ship the stuff until later this week. I don't want to hold onto buyer's money for any extended period longer than necessary and cause more concern :p. I appreciate everyone's patience.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wune']That's kinda depressing.[/QUOTE]

Not when you consider that most of the stuff I'm not really making money on I've either had for 2+ years and gotten a lotta use out of it or I got them as gifts and didn't care for it, plus this way it goes to a cag that will enjoy it. Besides I think clearing enough for a phenom x6 3.4 processor and some misc other stuff was worth it.

[quote name='bvharris']DVDs can legally be shipped Media Mail, fyi.

Of course, plenty of people ship games that way too, but I don't believe they qualify.[/QUOTE]

I am fairly sure they actually do qualify. The confusion comes from the fact that any "hardware" games, as in those on cartridges, do not qualify. Games on "media", such as those that are disc based, do qualify.

I just basically moved across country by using media mail. Its actually fairly quick, and for some of my larger packages, saved me almost $90 per package.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']I am fairly sure they actually do qualify. The confusion comes from the fact that any "hardware" games, as in those on cartridges, do not qualify. Games on "media", such as those that are disc based, do qualify.

I just basically moved across country by using media mail. Its actually fairly quick, and for some of my larger packages, saved me almost $90 per package.[/QUOTE]

Media mail is used for certain types of books, films, manuscripts, printed music, printed test materials, sound recordings, play scripts, printed educational charts, loose-leaf pages and their binders consisting of medical information, video recordings, educational reference charts, and computer-readable media. Video games, whether on CD-ROM, diskettes, or similar software, or playable systems including computers, do not meet the standards for Media Mail. Storage devices such as "portable hard drives", "thumb drives", "flash drives", "jump-drives", and "USB drives" for use with computers are not eligible for Media Mail prices. For specific eligibility please see DMM 173.3.
:*(

bread's done
Back