Microcenter After the Holidays Sale (12/26-12/28)

[quote name='rs600cubed']Anyone know if their Microcenters have Jaspers?[/quote]
jaspers are mostly found on the arcade holiday bundles. go to anandtech.com and read their article about jasper 360. it'll show you how to spot one. most holiday arcade bundles are jaspers though i believe. the pro and elite arent though

I just wasnt sure how fresh their stock is. Just checked online and my store shows no stock, hopefully they will show for Friday.

I was just at the one in Boston, they had 30+ on display of each. I got an arcade [jasper] (I knew about the deal, but only had a car/micro-center gift card today and couldn't get there this weekend).

[quote name='tava84']jaspers are mostly found on the arcade holiday bundles. go to anandtech.com and read their article about jasper 360. it'll show you how to spot one. most holiday arcade bundles are jaspers though i believe. the pro and elite arent though[/QUOTE]

i wont say most but so far they are only in arcade bundle

[quote name='tava84']jaspers are mostly found on the arcade holiday bundles. go to anandtech.com and read their article about jasper 360. it'll show you how to spot one. most holiday arcade bundles are jaspers though i believe. the pro and elite arent though[/quote]
sorry if this is a dumb question but what are jaspers?

[quote name='weeitzme']sorry if this is a dumb question but what are jaspers?[/quote]

Newer, smaller chipsets for the 360. They use less power, and generate less heat.

and less likely to RRoD.. in theory.

nice deals. I might pick up that Guitar Hero and cement myself on the Wii. I guess i can get a 2nd guitar later. Now I just have to decide if it's worth it to wait from 5 AM like last year.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Does Microcenter offer an extended warranty on systems? If so, the price and is it any good? Thanks[/quote]

Yep, that's why I was there w/ a gift card (they just gifted my original receipt from 2 years ago)... Err, off the top of my head, 25 bucks for a 200 dollar purchase, something like 50-60 for a 400 dollar purchase (1 year, slightly more for a 2 year).

[quote name='Fido_One']Yep, that's why I was there w/ a gift card (they just gifted my original receipt from 2 years ago)... Err, off the top of my head, 25 bucks for a 200 dollar purchase, something like 50-60 for a 400 dollar purchase (1 year, slightly more for a 2 year).[/quote]

So it is a replacement plan and not a "send your system away to a 3rd party for repair"? Sounds pretty good if it is a replacement. Only problem is I would have no use for a MC gift card and it is about 20 miles away from me. I am just not keeping the Falcon I bought from Target, even though it was a way better deal- it was a Pro Lot number 0845X manufactured on 11-6-2208..

[quote name='Needles-Kane']So it is a replacement plan and not a "send your system away to a 3rd party for repair"? Sounds pretty good if it is a replacement. Only problem is I would have no use for a MC gift card and it is about 20 miles away from me. I am just not keeping the Falcon I bought from Target, even though it was a way better deal- it was a Pro Lot number 0845X manufactured on 11-6-2208..[/QUOTE]
So it's FROM THE FUTURE

[quote name='Needles-Kane']So it is a replacement plan and not a "send your system away to a 3rd party for repair"? Sounds pretty good if it is a replacement. Only problem is I would have no use for a MC gift card and it is about 20 miles away from me. I am just not keeping the Falcon I bought from Target, even though it was a way better deal- it was a Pro Lot number 0845X manufactured on 11-6-2208..[/quote]

What I've been told by them is that it's a replacement plan after the original warranty expires, until then you're sending it away to MS... but yeah, I got a 2 year warranty when I bought mine a couple years back

[quote name='Gdiguy']What I've been told by them is that it's a replacement plan after the original warranty expires, until then you're sending it away to MS... but yeah, I got a 2 year warranty when I bought mine a couple years back[/quote]

Yep; so if you're talking about the 360, that warranty extends after 3 years for the RRoD, and one year for 'everything else'. I had to call the support line a couple of times to get the ball rolling but finally got a confirmation return.

It took a good hour at the store, however, to A) wait in the line, and B) let them wrap their head around the idea that I bought the system with the replacement plan in another Microcenter store out of state and was hoping to replace it at Boston. A pain, but one always expects that on such things.

Like the other poster here, the Micro Center is too inconvenient to get to for the most part, but when you're talking about a 400 dollar purchase (at the time...), it's worth the hassle.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Does Microcenter offer an extended warranty on systems? If so, the price and is it any good? Thanks[/quote]

I've had pretty good luck in the past with Microcenters extended warranty programs. They totaly beat the best buy and circuit city plans. At those place when you come in for service its almost as though they would rather find you at fautl then honor the extended warranty. That is why I've always thought extended warranty plans were a scam.

But last year my Xbox went out and lucily I purchased it from Microcenter with 1 year extended warranty. The other guys are right; the extended warranty kicks in after the manufacturers warrenty expires. But if you think about it it's actually a great deal cause you have double protection.
Anyways after a phone call to the service center they just ask you to bring the system in. They have a tech look at it and if its determined they can't fix the problem they'll just give you a gift card for the original purchase price minus tax.

Was a pretty good deal for me, I ended up picking up a Halo 3 edition 360 and had about 50$ extra since there was a price drop from the time I bought my first 360.

[quote name='42zeRo']I've had pretty good luck in the past with Microcenters extended warranty programs. They totaly beat the best buy and circuit city plans. At those place when you come in for service its almost as though they would rather find you at fautl then honor the extended warranty. That is why I've always thought extended warranty plans were a scam.

But last year my Xbox went out and lucily I purchased it from Microcenter with 1 year extended warranty. The other guys are right; the extended warranty kicks in after the manufacturers warrenty expires. But if you think about it it's actually a great deal cause you have double protection.
Anyways after a phone call to the service center they just ask you to bring the system in. They have a tech look at it and if its determined they can't fix the problem they'll just give you a gift card for the original purchase price minus tax.

Was a pretty good deal for me, I ended up picking up a Halo 3 edition 360 and had about 50$ extra since there was a price drop from the time I bought my first 360.[/quote]

A microcenter instore tech CANNOT fix a red ringed system. They are not an authorized repair center for microsoft. (from what I was told)
They can turn it on, see if it red rings and that's it, it's dead.

An arcade unit (hopefully a Jasper model) with a 50 dollar gift card is a good deal, considering you can get some good stuff in that store. If someone has a spare 20 gig hard drive lying around, even better or you can use that to get a 60 gig hard drive for half off or a game.

Lego Batman for the PC for 10 bucks..that's good!!!

bread's done
Back