Microsoft 20GB Hard Drive for XBox 360 - Retail Box - $52.49 shipped

wow that sucks. It was there 15 minutes ago again when i posted.

EDIT. I still see it working. Did you click on the link?? There is one for 100 and one for 50. Please double check.

Still $49.90 for me.

And still overpriced, and still doesn't make the core worth it, really (at the $280/$350 price point).

Good price though, if you need one.

Sorry about that. Link was dead for me this morning and when I ran a manual search it came up to $102. Moved back up to deals.

The link produces a blank page through Firefox but it is correctly priced at $49.90 when browsing with Internet Explorer. Odd.

I have a question about the 20GB hard drive. If you don't store music or movies on the hard drive, do you really need a hard drive bigger than 20GB if you only plan on saving game data and downloading some MS Live games? How much memory does a game from MS Live's network really take?

Just curious because I'm deciding if there's a need for me to get the Elite version, or if the Premium version is good enough in terms of memory storage...I won't need HDMI. Thanks!

Wow, this is a good deal is you need the HD. My 2nd Xbox needed a HD so I bought a "broken" one off of ebay for $37 shipped and it ended up working perfectly. I would of gotten this brand new instead.

to FOBB, if you do not want to use HDMI and color is not a preference than I would just get this deal. I download demos, themes, gamer pics, etc... off of Xbox live and never had the 20 GB HD full. I also have about 40 or so game saves on there from the past year and some change. Save your money.

[quote name='fobb']I have a question about the 20GB hard drive. If you don't store music or movies on the hard drive, do you really need a hard drive bigger than 20GB if you only plan on saving game data and downloading some MS Live games? How much memory does a game from MS Live's network really take?

Just curious because I'm deciding if there's a need for me to get the Elite version, or if the Premium version is good enough in terms of memory storage...I won't need HDMI. Thanks![/quote]

If all you are doing is saving games and downloading XBLA titles, 20 gigs is about 15 gigs too much.

From what you just said, buying an elite would be a waste of money.

Elite if you want tv, movies and lots of demos on your HD. Who knows what MS will come out with. I went out and got the elite for future compatibility.

Yea, a 20 GB HDD is plenty for me. Just make sure that if you're running out of space (2 GB or less) that you delete stuff you're not using. Examples are old demos, arcade games you don't play (You can always re-download them WITHOUT purchasing them again), and maybe old videos/movies you've seen numerous times (Again you can always re-download at no fee, except for movies which are on a rental basis).

The Elite is for people with HD and watch loads of movies from the marketplace and things like that that would make good use of the 120 GB HDD.

When I had a 20GB drive on my Premium, the only time I had concerns about space where when I wasn't going through demos in a timely manner. Game saves + XBLA games + downloaded content shouldn't be an issue for a 20GB drive. It's the demos + videos that add up to be the items that suck up the most space on the drive.

Switching out to the 120GB drive is what kicked me to download lots of game videos, the TV show or two, and the like. Even with all of the E3 content down, 15+ demos, a couple of TV shows and the other usual stuff, I think there's 70+ GB free on it.

If you don't have a 20GB drive, this is about as cheap as it's going to get for a while, unless you buy it used from another CAG. I'd think hard about passing on it.

I wonder why there is one for 102 bucks and this deal. Must be something different between the two to have a 50 dollar difference

It's out of stock now. Anyone know why they would sell them this cheaply? Perhaps Microsoft is dropping the price or discontinuing the 20GB drive?

Demos are the only thing that ever clutter my HDD and even with 5 or 6 of them on there I've never gone above 15GB used.

I just want to remind people that the 20 GB HDD only have 13 GB of usable space. The other is reserved. If you don't have demo and videos, 20 GB HDD is big enough IMO, but sometimes there is so much stuff to download. If you don't have time to check them out and delete stuff, you will run out of space fast and need to some space management.

[quote name='pentapenguin']Has anyone here actually purchased from GoGamer before? Is it a legit site?[/quote]i've purchased a couple of games from them. Mostly old stuff from '48 hour sale'. PoP:WW, CivIII, and someting else for good prices. No complaints.

Well I ordered yesterday about 1:30pm and got a backorder notice. I hope they can still ship as it's a great deal since a 512MB memory card is $50!

was about to bite on this the other day when i found someone on craigslist selling a 20 gig hard drive for $35. needless to say, i bit.

now to get a core system!

[quote name='pentapenguin']Well I ordered yesterday about 1:30pm and got a backorder notice. I hope they can still ship as it's a great deal since a 512MB memory card is $50![/quote]

Now it says shipped and I have a tracking number....

I got mine today. Its retail box. mines a bit scuffed the plastic that is but I think thats probably from being banged around in the priority mail box. Other than that its just like what you'd find in stores.

[quote name='herkulease']I got mine today. Its retail box. mines a bit scuffed the plastic that is but I think thats probably from being banged around in the priority mail box. Other than that its just like what you'd find in stores.[/quote]

what shipping method did you do and when?

[quote name='nicz888']20gb is nothing, maybe like 5 demos[/quote]

one of the people who likes the additions of more and more space on these hard drives?

[quote name='enjoi777']what shipping method did you do and when?[/QUOTE]

I choose priority mail. or whatever they call the 5.99 option.

Didn't know how long they'd take with the cheapest shipping. As in processing the order. Plus I had to pay tax anyhow so 4 bucks more didn't kill me. Its still a whole lot cheaper than buying instores.

Oh and I ordered on the 6th. It was backordered then on the 9th I got a shipping notice.

when i went to order mine today at 3 it said in stock. at 5 i got an email saying its been backordered. this sucks cause this shipment will basically decide if i buy a 360, now i gotta wait.......and gamers dont like to wait

Anybody got theirs yet? I was a true CAG and got the dirt cheap shipping + insurance and still waiting for it to come in. Must have used real snail mail! :lol:

does anyone know any other sites were i can get it one of u said something about some craiglist thing how do i get to that site

bread's done
Back