Microsoft-brand VGA cable for 360 - $16.07 with free first-class shipping

I just wanted to recommend the VGA cable, I got one a few months ago to use with my PC monitor, I've had no trouble with it so far and was happy paying $35 (MSRP $39.99).

Read this review if you are unsure about it: TeamXbox Review

[quote name='bassec']Is VGA a better picture than component? Any input on that?[/quote]

some tv's don't allow 1080p through component but most that have a VGA connection will do 1080p through VGA.....also if you have the HD DVD player the only way to watch movies at 1080p or upscaled dvd's you need the VGA cable....HD DVD will only go up to 1080i through component

and some tv's, like mine, have limited settings tweaking capability on their VGA input.

If I can find it for dirt cheap, I'll pick up the VGA cable, until then 720p (my tv's native res) looks just fine. Use my HTPC to upscale DVD's anyway...

I have it for my computer monitor, works great. Have also used it with my roommate's 32" Westinghouse HDTV, also works well with that. Definitely do not regret paying the $40 for it like bobtheape, so getting it at $20 shipped is a steal.

I found this for $10 ($9 after Edge) used at one of my local EB's. It wasn't labeled VGA cable, just A/V cable for 360 or something like that. I saw this at ANOTHER EB as well, so this could be common. Seems worth to check it out if you need one. :)

Yep, I called about 4 or 5 Gamestop's in the area today, but nobody had 'em used.

This was the best deal on Froogle, so I just went for it instead.

Is this legitimate? They seem to be using interface buttons from several different sites. For example the enter coupon button is from EB/GS's website...

It actually appears that they are 16.07 shipped. The 19.99 price is in CAD (Canadian) which currently trades for 16.07 US. Making this an even better deal. Try clicking on currency below the items in your basket and you can change it to US. My order total showed up at 16.07 when I checked out. Thanks OP, hope they come quick!

Play-asia has them for like 7 bucks and they work the EXACT same i have one and i have another microsoft one for my BIG screen tv.

I can vouch for the play-asia version. It's awesome. Once MS fixes the brightness issues some people have, it will be perfect. Personally, I like my gamma higher, so once they add all those settings it will be way cooler.

Also keep in mind that games like GoW and R6:V are widescreen with 4:3 computer monitors. That means that you can either stretch the image or run it with bars.

Well, not surprisingly, I went to one of the local EB Games in person (to get a copy of Street Fighter Anniversary Collection) and found a VGA cable for $10.

Not sure if the worker was just being lazy or if the computer inventory was messed up.

:)

Anyway, hope things work out for those who went ahead and made the order.

[quote name='Darkarts']Play-asia has them for like 7 bucks and they work the EXACT same i have one and i have another microsoft one for my BIG screen tv.[/QUOTE]

It's ~$11.50 shipped. Less than $5 more for a sturdier cable with more accessories isn't bad.

[quote name='Malik112099']some tv's don't allow 1080p through component but most that have a VGA connection will do 1080p through VGA.....also if you have the HD DVD player the only way to watch movies at 1080p or upscaled dvd's you need the VGA cable....HD DVD will only go up to 1080i through component[/QUOTE]

I remember reading somewhere that Xbox 360 outputs 1080p via component... the only problem is that a very low % of TV actually support 1080p via component.

So are the brightness issues for sure being fixed in the next update? My 32 inch Westinghouse using the 360 VGA cables looks like complete washed out crap, but if it's fixed I'd love this for upscaling my dvds.

I'd have to wonder if it's not your TV. I have a 37" Westinghouse 1080P set, and the picture looks fabulous via VGA. I wanted to go to an Elite of course, and just run everything with HDMI... but I couldn't justify the extra expense quite yet. Especially when I've had 3 older 360's die, and had to wait for MS to send me someone else's unit Refurbed. The next 360 I buy will be an Elite through EB or GS with the $50 warranty, so I can swap it in-store for a BRAND NEW UNIT... (not some damn refurb) if any when it has issues.

Anyway, I've run component to my Dell 2405FPW LCD, and I got very faint (but too noticable for me) pink bars using the cable that came with my 360 premium system. And yes, it was set to component correctly. That's why I got the 360 VGA cable for full price when it first came out, and I've found it to be EXCEPTIONAL. Whether on the Dell, or now in the front room on the Westinghouse, it looks REALLY good. Can't emphasize enough how much better my 350 looked with it.

But I'm definately waiting for an Elite at this point. More HD space and HDMI make it a no brainer for my next system.

I was using the Monster VGA cable on a 40" 1080p Sony XBR2 and I noticed a big difference over component. You also get the bonus of upconversion over VGA for DVDs.

My Xbox just got the 3 rings of death and I upgraded to an Elite and now use HDMI. I now use the VGA cable on a 19" Dell monitor for a second Xbox 360 and it works great. No issue and clean picture.

The Play-Asia cables are the absolute lowest quality of any cable that I've ever seen. You definitely get what you paid for, and I wish I had paid a little more.

just wait if you don't have an elite... i beleive that microsoft will have hdmi cables for the other 2 systems too... just not too soon for they want you to upgrade. im keeping mine untill i get the ring of red.

is this an official vga cable, or is it third party?

the picture on ebgames shows the rca cables being different

isn't there really not supposed to be a difference between vga and component other than dvd upscaling?

I have a 720p tv and it features more tweaking capabilities on the component inputs than it does the vga...

dont know if my 22" widescreen monitor will be too small for gaming but 1680x1050 would beat the hell out of my old sdtv. in for one, thanks!

[quote name='Baylro']dont know if my 22" widescreen monitor will be too small for gaming but 1680x1050 would beat the hell out of my old sdtv. in for one, thanks![/QUOTE]

22" that isn't small unless your playing in a living/family room or maybe in master bed room and siting like 15ft away. I got like a average size bed room and my 19" is just about right for gaming, 23"+ would be perfect.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Ordered, but my invoice changed from $16.07 to $19.99. What happened?[/quote]

They charge you in canadian dollars, your credit card or bank will do the conversation for you.

Has anyone order this and recieved it? I ordered it a couple days ago, and it hasn't moved from pending since.

[quote name='SonicPower']Be sure to change your VGA settings from Standard to Extended when you receive your cable to rid the "washed" color effect.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I might have forgot about this.

BTW, 19.99 CAD=17.99 USD, currently. Did the exchange rate change that much?

[quote name='bassec']I got a message saying this item has been discontinued or is no longer in stock. Anyone else get this?[/QUOTE]

Me too. It was nice while it lasted... :cry:

next lowest price i can find is ~$29 shipped on buy.com... anyone seeing it cheaper? there seems to be a lot of fakes on ebay

bread's done
Back