Microsoft E3 2012 Discussion

[quote name='KaneRobot']Gerstmann said it best on Twitter.

Yes the MS presentation was lacking, but some of you guys are fucking ridiculous. Get over it. It's not gonna be megaton every year. Next year we'll have plenty of holy shit moments.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention, consoles are evolving to be more multimedia orientated than strictly gaming.

I don't give a damn what is shown at E3 as long as good games continue to pump out.

Plus with the multitude of gaming sites and blogs, these conferences don't really mean much anymore as info can easily be made available.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Gerstmann said it best on Twitter.

Yes the MS presentation was lacking, but some of you guys are fucking ridiculous. Get over it. It's not gonna be megaton every year. Next year we'll have plenty of holy shit moments.[/QUOTE]

I was going to say something along those lines, but you beat me to it. The only thing I really wanted from this E3 was some news/gameplay on Halo 4 and I got it. I would say about Bungie's Destiny as well, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere they won't be at E3 this year.

Now, if this was 2013/14 and we were on the first year of the xbox 720 or whatever, then I could see if people would be disappointed. But right now? It's just silly expecting too much.

What the fuck is Watch Dogs and why does it look so awesome? He was playing on a 360 controller and if they can SOMEHOW achieve that with the 360 then next gen can wait for another few years.

[quote name='zewone']watch_dogs is the game of the show so far. That looked fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Without a doubt. I will be preordering this on Amazon the second I get a chance. That looked incredible.

Ubisoft's conference, despite the cheesy dialog, was fantastic. AC3 looks great, Watch Dogs looks amazing.

He was playing on a 360 controller and if they can SOMEHOW achieve that with the 360 then next gen can wait for another few years.

He had a PS3 controller.

Ubisoft... just, Ubisoft. Splinter Cell looks awful, Far Cry 3 looks like pretentious DEEP shit in an FPS, and AC3 doesn't look like it knows what stealth is, but thank you for saving E3. Rayman was the first good game I've seen all day, and Watch_Dogs, while not having the most original plot, does seem to have some pretty sharp writing and has the potential to really be something great (not to mention it being the first new IP we've seen all E3). My anticipation is still lukewarm for the future, but it's a glimmer of hope.

[quote name='Vinny']Does anyone know of a good summary site for the MS conference? It seems like they showed a million things but everyone's either bitching about Usher or jizzing over Halo 4.[/QUOTE]
There weren't any games, if that's what you were wondering.

[quote name='JStryke']I was going to say something along those lines, but you beat me to it. The only thing I really wanted from this E3 was some news/gameplay on Halo 4 and I got it. I would say about Bungie's Destiny as well, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere they won't be at E3 this year.

Now, if this was 2013/14 and we were on the first year of the xbox 720 or whatever, then I could see if people would be disappointed. But right now? It's just silly expecting too much.[/QUOTE]
And why shouldn't we? E3 is the biggest gaming event of the year. To go into E3 without ANYTHING of value to show outside of worthless Kinect garbage (which is now basically just a microphone, something that the goddamn Famicom had) is to say to everyone who cares about the Xbox, "Yeah, we're gonna take the year off. Go ahead and buy from all the other companies that are actually putting out games." MS clearly just didn't care. And they deserve to be berated and insulted for it.

Who the hell thought that Ubisoft would be winning E3 at this point? There mere fact they're bringing out a new IP is impressive enough, but one that looks that awesome?

[quote name='Salamando3000']Who the hell thought that Ubisoft would be winning E3 at this point? There mere fact they're bringing out a new IP is impressive enough, but one that looks that awesome?[/QUOTE]
After years of showcases ranging from terrible to god fucking awful, I guess they were due for one. Outside of Flo Rida and the awkward commenting, alot of great looking games and Jesus I can't get over how great looking Watch_Dogs is. If that is a WiiU exclusive then they've got me super interested.

Throwing in another "Watch_Dogs looked fucking awesome" post here. Can't wait to see and hear more on it. Halo 4 looked much better than I was anticipating, too. I am officially on board after thinking I was pretty much Halo'd out. Also interested in Tomb Raider, South Park, and Resident Evil 6.

Yeah, I found it on Youtube after I posted. And, uh... I guess I don't see what the huge deal is? It looks pretty much like a GTA game, with admittedly extremely impressive next-gen graphics, and a hacking veneer.

It's a new IP introduced in a show full shooter trash #4893218. The plot isn't terribly original, but there seems to be enough of a spin on it to set it apart, and the hacking mechanic could provide some really creative solutions to missions (read: traffic light). After the absolute travesties of the MS and EA conferences, it's the single glimmer of hope I have for the future. That and the new Rayman.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Im guessing that was just one small part of the game. Im sure there will be other parts of the game where you can explore, and climb stuff like normal TR games. I thought the demo was awesome.[/QUOTE]

That's 2 completely different segments though, and both have been linear and filled with QTE's. Well, 3 actually, considering they showed something new on Spike. I haven't seen anything from this game that resembles a Tomb Raider game.

Also, I have 0 faith in the story considering what we saw today was "vulnerable and fragile Lara Croft murdering a dozen dudes with no problem." Look, I like the premise of it, but I think they're going the wrong way about doing it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Read something very interesting re Dead Space 3 on Neogaf. It's not going the Resident Evil 5 route for single player/co-op. When you're playing alone, the partner character is not present. The story and cutscenes change depending on whether there's another player there or not. And it is drop in/drop out co-op.[/QUOTE]

Well that is great news. Good decision after the questionable one of adding co-op in the first place.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yeah, I found it on Youtube after I posted. And, uh... I guess I don't see what the huge deal is? It looks pretty much like a GTA game, with admittedly extremely impressive next-gen graphics, and a hacking veneer.[/QUOTE]

I did not get GTA out of this game at all. It was more Deus Ex than GTA.

[quote name='KingBroly']That's 2 completely different segments though, and both have been linear and filled with QTE's. Well, 3 actually, considering they showed something new on Spike. I haven't seen anything from this game that resembles a Tomb Raider game.

Also, I have 0 faith in the story considering what we saw today was "vulnerable and fragile Lara Croft murdering a dozen dudes with no problem." Look, I like the premise of it, but I think they're going the wrong way about doing it.[/QUOTE]
I've already played (or tried) a game with a frail protagonist who gets killed easily and that game was called I Am Alive and I wasn't a fan. So that's my other end of the spectrum or how I justify Lara being fine and dandy at murdering.

That watch_dogs footage was pretty impressive. That's basically what I imagined DE Human Revolution would be like.

It's incredible that companies can still push current gen platforms and get such fantastic results. I don't think I'm ready for next gen yet when the current gen still continues to impress me.

[quote name='Vinny']That watch_dogs footage was pretty impressive. That's basically what I imagined DE Human Revolution would be like.

It's incredible that companies can still push current gen platforms and get such fantastic results. I don't think I'm ready for next gen yet when the current gen still continues to impress me.[/QUOTE]

Adam Sessler ‏@AdamSessler
Chatting with @pmolyneux....increasingly convinced Watchdogs is not for this Gen. the amount of independent animations and AI do it for me

I would be so sad if I had to wait till a 720 or PS4 released to play this game. If it is a Wii U title it could be a system seller for the core crowd.

[quote name='Vinny']That watch_dogs footage was pretty impressive. That's basically what I imagined DE Human Revolution would be like.

It's incredible that companies can still push current gen platforms and get such fantastic results. I don't think I'm ready for next gen yet when the current gen still continues to impress me.[/QUOTE]
They have yet to announce any platforms for it, so it may very well be a next-gen exclusive.

Could just be both next-gen and current-gen, with what we saw being the next-gen version and the current-gen version just being graphically scaled down.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Adam Sessler ‏@AdamSessler
Chatting with @pmolyneux....increasingly convinced Watchdogs is not for this Gen. the amount of independent animations and AI do it for me

I would be so sad if I had to wait till a 720 or PS4 released to play this game. If it is a Wii U title it could be a system seller for the core crowd.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They have yet to announce any platforms for it, so it may very well be a next-gen exclusive.[/QUOTE]

Oh... damn... you guys are probably right.:whistle2:(

I just saw the Far Cry 3 trailer and holy shit, definitely not kiddy safe. I don't know if I should get excited though because FC2 was kinda shitty.

LOL I feel so behind on all this E3 news.

EDIT*
[quote name='airco']https://twitter.com/miladesn/status/209795736479604737

Confirmed for PC. Master race wins again.[/QUOTE]

Double damn. No way my PC could handle that... hell, I wonder what specs the PC they used had. Probably not gonna a budget system.

They just said they were working on it for the future.

Why does Ubisoft always get the worst people to host their events?

Far Cry 3 looks beautiful.

Splinter Cell- very excited about co-op and spies v mercs making a return, but the lack of Ironside and the run and gun gameplay is a bit worrisome. One bit of hope though...Remember when Ubi first showed conviction and people threw up a shit storm over it? Maybe if gamers put a big enough stink up Ubi will switch the voice actor. I'd like to know why Michael wasn't chosen again.

Wow just watched a video and Ubisoft choose to drop ironside. Dumb
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/06/04/splinter-cell-blacklist-video-michael-ironside/

[quote name='KingBroly']That's 2 completely different segments though, and both have been linear and filled with QTE's. Well, 3 actually, considering they showed something new on Spike. I haven't seen anything from this game that resembles a Tomb Raider game.[/QUOTE]

Well if they are going to show off a game, what should they show... segments that are action packed, though linear, but pretty damn awesome. Or a segment of free roam where you walk around exploring and dont do much. Im going to guess you would show the more awesome moments. Exploring is going to be a little boring to watch and wont get sales. Doesnt mean there wont be any free roam areas. Now i cant confirm there are, but i assume there would be. If it was all linear and awesome like the demos, the game would either be way too short, or take years and years to complete.

[quote name='KingBroly']Their press site says PC, PS3 and 360. Might be a bait and switch though.[/QUOTE]
They probably don't have PS4 or Xbox 3 categories yet.

[quote name='airco']Ubisoft... just, Ubisoft. Splinter Cell looks awful, Far Cry 3 looks like pretentious DEEP shit in an FPS, and AC3 doesn't look like it knows what stealth is, but thank you for saving E3. Rayman was the first good game I've seen all day, and Watch_Dogs, while not having the most original plot, does seem to have some pretty sharp writing and has the potential to really be something great (not to mention it being the first new IP we've seen all E3). My anticipation is still lukewarm for the future, but it's a glimmer of hope.

There weren't any games, if that's what you were wondering.
[/QUOTE]

wow. you put Rayman above Splinter Cell, Far Cry 3, Watch Dogs, and Assassin's Creed... just wow...

[quote name='dirtyvu']wow. you put Rayman above Splinter Cell, Far Cry 3, Watch Dogs, and Assassin's Creed... just wow...[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't put it above Watch_Dogs. I put it over the others, though.

[quote name='airco']No, I didn't put it above Watch_Dogs. I put it over the others, though.[/QUOTE]
I'd agree with you.

Rayman: Origins was one of the best games of last year, so I couldn't begrudge anyone for thinking Legends looked better than a lot of what was shown today.

I'm torn on Last of Us and Watch_Dogs being game of show so far. Last of Us I want to believe is where all the writing talent and commitment that should've been in Uncharted 3 went to.

That Last of Us demo blew me away.

If the whole game can play like that, I'll be amazed.
Love the non regenerating life bar.

Wow, so far Ubisoft has had the best show?
I can't believe I'm saying this but........ I'm really looking forward to Nintendo now. Sheesh.

Wow E3 so far is sad. Not much new that is worthwhile.
- Halo 4... sure will play it
- Gears... too far off
- South Park... hilarious
- Dance Central 3... of course pick up
- Black Ops... looks like shit. Might be the first one I don't play.
- Apps... ESPNs will be nice. The rest of the stuff I probably won't use. Also agree with the WTF on internet explorer/bing/whatever
- Nike +... great concept, probably will be poorly executed.
- Tomb Raider... you had me until the river on rails/moan/paracute on rails/moan
- Splinter Cell... looks good to me.
------------
- AC3... ship battles? Really? Really? I hope this doesn't turn in to that crap like Tower defense. I wonder how you hide to get down ratings when you are on a boat muthafucca. Where is T-Pain when you need him...

I would say Sony crapped out too. Last of Us is a nicer version of I Am Alive. Might play it. Beyond is intriguing. Outside that, zzzzzzzz. Smash Bros clone. PSN+ finally gets 2 year XBL apps. Reading is fundamental for 30 minutes. God of War seq.

Nintendo has a shot to take this.

Also I'm surprised not even teasing a next gen reveal from Sony. I Want to say the sales of Vita is definitely making them slow down and think, which isn't a bad thing. So I'm going to say E3 2013 is when shit gets crazy.

I don't know where the hell Watch Dogs came from, but holy fucking shit. Add me to the list of (at least slight) skeptics that it'll actually come out on the current consoles.

I love the idea of the jumping off point for the story inspiration being that Midwest/Northeast blackout from 2003. My power was out for a fucking week.

God of War Ascension demo looked sick. Loved that new elephant type enemy. Also Kratos seems to have the power to stop or reverse time? Overall it looked really nice. I cant wait until march 12th!

[quote name='Scorch']Without a doubt. I will be preordering this on Amazon the second I get a chance. That looked incredible.

Ubisoft's conference, despite the cheesy dialog, was fantastic. AC3 looks great, Watch Dogs looks amazing.

He had a PS3 controller.[/QUOTE]

He didnt have a PS3 or a xbox controller. He was using a Razor gamepad on a PC, seeing as how the game was played on a PC for the E3 preview. Its a Razor Onza I believe used via USB on a PC. You can clearly see the colored buttons as well as the distinct double shoulder buttons while he is playing.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Whoops, i thought this was a general E3 thread... not just MS.[/QUOTE]

umm.. this is the 360 forum. and the thread is titled Microsoft E3...

[quote name='The 7th Number']Whoops, i thought this was a general E3 thread... not just MS.[/QUOTE]
After awhile, does it matter? Majority of us here were watching it anyways.

Also Microsoft has never ever shown any more of that Crytek Kinect game set in Rome after last year.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I don't know where the hell Watch Dogs came from, but holy fucking shit. Add me to the list of (at least slight) skeptics that it'll actually come out on the current consoles.

I love the idea of the jumping off point for the story inspiration being that Midwest/Northeast blackout from 2003. My power was out for a fucking week.[/QUOTE]

Already been confirmed now. Watch Dogs is for PS3 and Xbox and PC. No word on Wii U.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...tch-dogs-unveiled-platforms-not-yet-disclosed

Hmm story is gone now? Link now to a eurogamer story.

bread's done
Back