Microsoft E3 Conference Discussion - Halo 3, GTAIV, Live Anywhere, Lumines Live!

Holyyyy shit. XBox Live just paid for itself. Halo 3 trailer available BEFORE it's shown at E3?

Shove that up your fucking ass, Sony.

Trade Pinatas over Live. Could be interesting.

Looks like they are going to try and make a killing on microtransations with DL's on this one.

Holiday 2006 release.

As many have noted, Viva Pinata appears to be very similar to Nintendo's Animal Crossing in concept. Moore doesn't miss a beat in reacting to the weak applause, "C'mon, it is an E-rated game, let's not forget here."

Ouch.

This is interesting too:

Pre-orders for Fight Night increased by over 5 times after the Fight Night demo was released.

Tonight, first time ever, you can download high-def TV content. Tonight's: "Gears of War: Road to E3". A docu-drama. Starts tonight, finishes next week on MTV.

meh

On to the HD-DVD player.

[quote name='Roufuss']October 17th, 2007... no mention if its exclusive or not, either.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't sound exclusive, but it will be out the same day for X360 as it is for PS3. Looks like they are working on exclusive download content though.

baby 360s!

DSC_3116.JPG

[quote name='Zoglog']that's a good catch. On a side the racing wheel, will it really be force feedback or just vibration?[/QUOTE]

EuroGamer specifically wrote "Force Feedback", so that's probably what they said.

Microsoft and Rockstar games have entered into an exclusive partnership to provide exclusive episodic content through Xbox Live.

What does this mean? The game is exclusive, or that the downloads themselves are exclusive?

[quote name='shipwreck']Doesn't sound exclusive, but it will be out the same day for X360 as it is for PS3. Looks like they are working on exclusive download content though.[/QUOTE]

The way Gamespot put it makes it seem like its only xbox 360.

12:22: "Major announcement about one of greatest franchsies of all time." Says its so exciting that he has to take his shirt off. Shows Halo 2 tatto--GRAND THEFT AUTO IV tatoo on other arm. Grand Theft Auto IV October 16 to Xbox 360 ONLY.

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6149698

[quote name='Gamespot update']12:26: Grand Theft Auto IV will be updated with regular fresh content, more details later. Crowd is stunned, gasps all around.[/quote]

The Eurogamer one is quicker, but the Gamespot one rules because it's more descriptive.

[quote name='Roufuss']What does this mean? The game is exclusive, or that the downloads themselves are exclusive?[/QUOTE]

it's Live content exclusive only

[quote name='shipwreck']Grand Theft Auto IV, that's freaking huge to get that at least at the same time as Sony.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm surprised, particularly that they chose MS' conference to announce it.

So does Peter Moore still have the Halo 2 tattoo? What terrible, terrible ideas.

Walk down the hall and borrow a copy of PowerPoint. Can't be expensive, your fucking boss owns it.

EDIT: To be sure, Grand Theft Auto for next-gen *this year* is a huge deal. If it's 360 exclusive, look for fewer and fewer people to care about PS3. What exclusive franchises does it have left? Obviously, Squaresoft's alliance with MS for the 360 was nothing but a big ol' shit sangwich (FFXI?) since they showed no forthcoming 360 stuff. So, outside of MGS and Squaresoft, is there anything?

I demand Contra, Galaga, and Street Fighter II fucking NOW!?!?

How ironic, that the future of gaming may be determined by the availability of its past?

Man... GTA 4 is still so long away, I wonder how many people will run out an buy a 360 ASAP for a game that is still a year and a half away from being released?

Wow, Microsoft is bringing Shadowrun to the PC as well, and is talking about joint releases? I may never need to buy one, at this rate.

"The future of gaming really involves software - better tools, better environments, being user-centric so you can find your friends, and use these games on any of the devices you have."

Is something big happening?

It looks like Gates is stalling. I'm sure it's the Halo 3 trailer, but they're doing a nice job of making them wait for it.

[quote name='gamerx0']Alan Wake (developer: Remedy) exclusively for Xbox 360 and Windows.[/QUOTE]

so if I'm windows vista owner, I'm pretty much a 360 owner?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']so if I'm windows vista owner, I'm pretty much a 360 owner?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, which works out awesome for me.

With both Shadowrun and Alan Wake hitting the PC, I'm losing my eagerness to buy a 360.

Apparently Rolento, you're even more right with this last announcement.

[quote name='apokalipze2']the halo3 trailer is availabe already on xbl marketplace. just saw it, good stuff[/QUOTE]
Thanks DL now

[quote name='KaneRobot']For the third time. We get it.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: sorry, I just have too much hate for the series... didn't mean to over emphasize it...

looks more like I'll be upgrading my PC than getting a 360 since there's almsot no point now in me getting a 360.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']looks more like I'll be upgrading my PC than getting a 360 since there's almsot no point now in me getting a 360.[/QUOTE]

Point taken, but it's not like EVERY GAME is going to be on both platforms.

bread's done
Back