Microsoft E3 Press Conference 11:30 EST Stream it LIVE!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm getting two if its LE, if not, I'll get one!![/QUOTE]

Don't forget about your child! ;)

I'll be amazed if it sells at $400.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So who's getting the new Halo 3 XBOX360 bundle not Elite but has HDMI port!!!
ilmhalo3console.jpg
  • Halo 3 Special Edition Console
  • Halo 3 Special Edition Wireless Controller
  • Halo 3 Special Edition 20GB Hard Drive
  • Halo 3 Special Edition Wired Headset
  • Halo 3 Special Edition Gamer Pics and Theme (Exclusive download via Xbox LIVE)
  • Component HD AV Cable
  • Ethernet Cable
  • HDMI Port
  • Play & Charge Kit
  • Xbox LIVE Silver Membership
  • One-month Lbox LIVE Gold Membership
  • Halo 3 game not included—sold separately
I'm getting two if its LE, if not, I'll get one!![/QUOTE]

That makes me sad. No data transfer cable. fuck. I don't want to spend the money, but I know I will. FUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Oh and someone needs to shoot and fire that "homeboy" that spoke before shane kim and was taking about "madden" and disney. Fire him , shoot him and then burn him at the stake

[quote name='Vendetta']...Like someone else said though, new footage of Super Smash Bros. Brawl is going to get mucho applause from the crowd. The first party stuff is going to be very strong, with titles like the aforementioned SSBB, Super Mario Galaxy, and Metroid Prime 3; it's just a matter of third parties starting to create compelling content on the console.

I'm expecting a good show from Nintendo, and I'm oddly hoping Sony has a good show too, just because they could really use one, and the recent price drop has made me really want one. :p[/QUOTE]

Funny how it's OK for Nintendo to show old games .

[quote name='KingBroly']I am trying to download the Blue Dragon demo, but it just gave me the 'you can't download 'game x' demo' message. A lot of people must want it.[/QUOTE]

Ya think ?

[quote name='Richlough']Funny how it's OK for Nintendo to show old games .[/quote]But it's NEW old footage of Mario Galaxy, Smash Brothers, and Metroid Prime 3!

[quote name='Zoglog']how can it be so fucking hard to find a video of this press conference after it's done?[/quote]

Afterparty drunkenness instead of encoding goodness.

Anyway, could they find a color closer to shit green? They should have bought the design from that one dude who madea custom mod with the raised gravel bits and stuff. That grey concrete styled one with the big Halo logo on the side.

I still wouldn't care, but at least it wouldn't look like something found in a septic tank.

It was an okay conference. There wasn't much of anything, much less stuff that's exclusive, that would motivate me to pick up a 360. I don't care about Bioshock, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, or Resident Evil 5. I'm definitely interested in Rock Band, Assassin's Creed, and GTAIV, but those are multi-platform. Maybe PGR4, Blue Dragon, and Mass Effect for exclusives, but not that much to get one right now. It just seemed like MS's message with the whole conference is to "Stay the course."

The strangest thing was no mention of GHIII at all in favor of Rock Band, which will undoubtedly outsell RB easily.

[quote name='Richlough']Funny how it's OK for Nintendo to show old games .[/QUOTE]

I hear ya.

Probably announce Mario Party 20 tomorrow.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So who's getting the new Halo 3 XBOX360 bundle not Elite but has HDMI port!!!
ilmhalo3console.jpg
  • Halo 3 Special Edition Console
  • Halo 3 Special Edition Wireless Controller
  • Halo 3 Special Edition 20GB Hard Drive
  • Halo 3 Special Edition Wired Headset
  • Halo 3 Special Edition Gamer Pics and Theme (Exclusive download via Xbox LIVE)
  • Component HD AV Cable
  • Ethernet Cable
  • HDMI Port
  • Play & Charge Kit
  • Xbox LIVE Silver Membership
  • One-month Lbox LIVE Gold Membership
  • Halo 3 game not included—sold separately
I'm getting two if its LE, if not, I'll get one!![/QUOTE]

LOL @ the Special Edition 20GB Hard Drive .

Well I didn't get to watch the conference, but just read every post about it.

It does suck that MS didn't feel like showing new games and "wowing" people with new, big game announcements. Then I thought about it and decided that they're probably saving news of new games for '08 and beyond at their X08 Event and other upcoming game events. They decided to focus on the '07 games to push more units this year rather than tease about games that we won't be seeing for awhile.

Seems like a good plan to me. I'm sure that's what Nintendo will be doing anyways by pushing their big 3 (Sonic, Metroid, and Zelda) as well as Sony pushing Killzone 2, Lair, etc.

It also seems that since E3 has been scaled down, more and more publishers are looking to announce their own games throughout the year rather than competing for space/press all at one time and leaving a drought later on. This way they can hold their own events with their own games and control the way the media is handled.

E3 isn't what it used to be, but this may be for the better. Only time will tell.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I like how Halo 3 isn't included in the special Halo 3 Xbox 360.[/quote]

Yeah, that was the first thing that caught my eye. Why would I be purchasing the Halo 3 Xbox if I wasn't interested in playing Halo 3?

Those new controller colors look nice. I like the pink, but the blue is especially nice. I wish they would release a nice green one (not like the ugly H3 LE controller).

So old footage and more Halo. CoD4 and RE5 are multiplatform anyway. Meh. The Sony price drop alone killed this. Even if Killzone blows the Sony Conference can't be much worse than this. Now where's a video of all the uninteniolly hillarious moments?

[quote name='graf1k']I left my console queued up for the Blue Dragon demo and some trailers since all the live video coverage was shit. Hopefully it's all ready and waiting for me when I wake up tomorrow.
.[/QUOTE]

Don't count on it. I got the Viva Pinata Party Animals tralier first (my son wanted to see it) and it took nearly a half hour just for that. DLs are nice and SLOW now. I wanted to play Blue Dragon late tonight, but I don't think it will be done yet in 4 hours when I check it again ;).

I wonder if this is it? I'm hoping that they are waiting for Sony to reveal their hands before they announce (insert something that would have been really cool here)...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I wonder if this is it? I'm hoping that they are waiting for Sony to reveal their hands before they announce (insert something that would have been really cool here)...[/quote]

I also get the feeling that they have an ace up their sleeve.

[quote name='Scorch']I also get the feeling that they have an ace up their sleeve.[/QUOTE]

3rd parties showing off their stuff might be the answer. Then again, they can hold off until X07 when that rolls around to show new stuff.

Nothing that exactly overwhelms me. People waiting for a secret surprise at this point are likely to be disappointed.

It's not like there isn't a shitton of stuff coming down the pipe, we just already know about most of it. That Halo 3 360 would be something I'd be interested in if 1) it had the revised chipset and 2) it didn't look like spinach-flavored diarrhea.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Nothing that exactly overwhelms me. People waiting for a secret surprise at this point are likely to be disappointed.

It's not like there isn't a shitton of stuff coming down the pipe, we just already know about most of it. That Halo 3 360 would be something I'd be interested in if 1) it had the revised chipset and 2) it didn't look like spinach-flavored diarrhea.[/quote]

That is probably the best possible description of the color, seriously the thing looks pretty awful.

Why they didn't make it an elite, include that $400 edition of the game, and charge something crazy is beyond me.

[quote name='Corvin']Looks like it is an Elite "Minus". It has HDMI but the 20GB hard drive.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360halo3console/default.htm[/QUOTE]

Does the Elite include a headset and charge and play kit? It has some changes from the Elite (namely the lack of 120GB HDD), but adds things as well, too.

Frankly, since it is an LE and offers more than the Premium, I'm betting it will retail for $430-450. And so many of you will buy it, too, so don't act like you won't. ;)

EDIT: Okay, the Halo 3 has these things that the Elite doesn't have:
Component Cable
Halo 3 Themes/Picturepack
Play and Charge Kit (not special edition?)
20GB HDD

The Elite has these things:
HDMI Cable
120GB HDD

So, the HDMI port, play and charge kit, and Halo 3 Theme/Picturepack are the only things separating the Halo Edition from the Premium, so I guess comparing it to the Elite is not fair. If they begin to add HDMI to all their consoles, then I could see this selling for $400. Otherwise, being an LE and having what it has over the average Premium, expect it to be priced above that, but below the Elite. Ouch.

I am a sucker for alternative colored consoles and whatnot but without the game included, no Halo 3 360 for me. Maybe Sony will announce more colors and my eventual PS3 purchase will be... White, I want a white PS3.

Meh. Call of Duty 4 and Assassin's Creed look awesome. Halo 3 went from near the top of my hype meter to outside my most anticipated games list.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']But it's NEW old footage of Mario Galaxy, Smash Brothers, and Metroid Prime 3![/QUOTE]

Msoft show was pedestrian so lets go after Nintendo being has how you saw their show already.

[quote name='happy']That is probably the best possible description of the color, seriously the thing looks pretty awful.[/QUOTE]
Are you kidding me? If you hate that color you should probably stop playing military games. That's a pretty standard shade of olive used in camouflage.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']Msoft show was pedestrian so lets go after Nintendo being has how you saw their show already.[/QUOTE]

So far Sony has had the best showing (although they're still in progress). Not that Sony was particularly amazing, but the other two were underwhelming. That said, I EXPECTED it to be underwhelming - we already KNOW that there is a TON of great stuff coming before the end of the year for the 360. Like I said in another thread, if the price of an awesome holiday lineup is an relatively meager E3 showing, then fuck, I hope every E3 is like this.

I have a feeling that E3 just isn't seen by the industry like it was before - yeah, you throw people a bone here and there, but the days of amazing surprise revelations could be over. Really, with E3 downsized there is NO reason for them not to save more "important" info for something like X07, which is their own show. Nintendo and Sony may as well follow a similar path.

[quote name='Damian']Are you kidding me? If you hate that color you should probably stop playing military games. That's a pretty standard shade of olive used in camouflage.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, because I want my game consoles to look like camouflage. I have a camouflage TV and sound system, after all.

KEWL COLORZ~!!!! don't mean dick. I guess I'll just stop playing military games though.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']Msoft show was pedestrian so lets go after Nintendo being has how you saw their show already.[/quote]Apparently, I did, because what did Nintendo show? NEW footage of these games. Actually, they showed more of that bogus fake family playing Galaxy than they did the actual game.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Yeah, because I want my game consoles to look like camouflage. I have a camouflage TV and sound system, after all.
KEWL COLORZ~!!!! don't mean dick. I guess I'll just stop playing military games though.[/QUOTE]
"That color looks like shit" is a very different argument than "that color isn't going to match anyone's equipment." The former is just whining. The latter is a valid opinion but it's also entirely irrelevant because that's not why people buy LE consoles.

Microsoft really blew it this year. Though I like them showing a bunch of games I'll be able to play by the end of the year, they failed at the easiest thing:

What they pushed at E3 this year was Halo, and yet they didn't even fucking demo the game. They had some lame violinist waste ten minutes on a crappy performance, and then gave us a shitty short-video inspired by Halo. When they finally did give the mediocre-fest two minutes of the Halo 3 trailer, it was extremely lame.

COME ON! What the fuck, Microsoft??? All you had to do was get the Bungie folks down to E3 to actually demo the game. You needed to renew everyone's faith in Halo 3. What I saw was utter shite.

[quote name='Plac1d']Anyone have a location where I can download/stream the full-length press conference?[/QUOTE]
http://e3.gamespot.com/live.html

Right side of the screen "full download" link.

[quote name='mykevermin']Does the Elite include a headset and charge and play kit?

EDIT: Okay, the Halo 3 has these things that the Elite doesn't have:
Component Cable
Halo 3 Themes/Picturepack
Play and Charge Kit (not special edition?)
20GB HDD

The Elite has these things:
HDMI Cable
120GB HDD
.[/QUOTE]

You probably figured this out before your Edit, but, yes, the Elite has a black headset. I sold mine on eBay for $20. I had 3 white ones from various Xbox Live kits and didn't think having a matching headset and controller was worth the $20 I could get out of it ;).

And I did get a component cable with my Elite - did you think that didn't come with the Elite because it also has the HDMI? I gots both.

[quote name='io']You probably figured this out before your Edit, but, yes, the Elite has a black headset. I sold mine on eBay for $20. I had 3 white ones from various Xbox Live kits and didn't think having a matching headset and controller was worth the $20 I could get out of it ;).

And I did get a component cable with my Elite - did you think that didn't come with the Elite because it also has the HDMI? I gots both.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that it had a headset (why I didn't include it in the edit), but did not know both HDMI and Component cables were included. Very impressive, and a slap in the face of Sony, who can't even include component cables in the box, let alone HDMI.

[quote name='Damian']Are you kidding me? If you hate that color you should probably stop playing military games. That's a pretty standard shade of olive used in camouflage.[/QUOTE]

it's also pretty standard color of baby poo

[quote name='Damian']"That color looks like shit" is a very different argument than "that color isn't going to match anyone's equipment."[/quote]
I guess you failed to grasp what I was saying in the post on the previous page. You're saying I said it looks like shit, as in "it looks bad." I didn't say it looks like shit, I said it looks like spinach-flavored diarrhea. Although I sadly must admit I have never seen such a thing, I have to imagine that that color is reasonably close to what it looks like. Hell, someone even SAID it was the best description they've seen of it.

Even saying that, it's two entirely different arguments? Well first of all, it's not - they're both regarding the look of the console. Even if you were right, so what? People can't bring up more than one point?

The latter is a valid opinion
As opposed to a fact - so people DO have spinach diarrhea green and vomitpoop orange home theater equipment? Where are you doing your shopping?

Really - you said that people shouldn't play military games if they don't like the color of a console.

bread's done
Back