Microsoft forcing EBAY to Pull Scalper Systems???

[quote name='dafoomie']PS2's shortage was much worse... MS shipped twice as many 360s in the US than PS2's were shipped here at launch. And Sony didn't do a worldwide simulanteous launch, PS2 launched in Japan 8 months before it did here, and they still had a worse shortage.[/QUOTE]

Exactly how many were both shipped? I doubt the 360 was over 200k.

I will love microsoft forever if this is true. I know they are doing it to make more money themselves, but I don't really care. Please, microsoft, please, bend the scalpers over the table and fuck them in the ___.

[quote name='usickenme']That is not the point. Other shortage were not accompanied by a supposed ebay black out (which looks more and more unlikely).

it was the combination of a short shipment coupled with MS forcing an end to ebay sales I was responding to, numbnuts. They can't have it both ways.

And the GC and PSP had plenty of systems at launch.[/QUOTE]

Read dafoomie's post numbnuts, he spells out my point perfectly. And the PSP had plenty of systems at launch, you are right. Go figure.

*edited*
I'm not a fanboy, I like all game systems, I play games, not the brand. However, I will be the first to say that I'm a spiteful fucker. I want MS or Nintendo to be ahead of Sony just to see their *we are the best we can't lose* attitude eat them. Even to the point of seeing them in Nintendo's supposed 3rd place now. (even though I still think N is in a catagory all their own)

People would be more passive about this launch if it were Sony. Just like many seem to think the PS2 launch wasn't much worse than this as far as games and available systems. Any launch of an anticipated console will suffer some shortages in one way or another. That's the nature of this hobby we all share. Some are just worse and widespread than others. There were reports of people not finding PSPs, but other places there were plenty. It's all relative.

[quote name='gizmogc']They can, but if MS wants ebay to pull them, and ebay does, oh well.
Hopefully that means returns to stores![/QUOTE]

You wouldn't be able to do "highest bidder" type auctions making insane profits, but you could make some descent money still by asking for $xxx in a classified ad or on craigslist.

[quote name='gokou36']Exactly how many were both shipped? I doubt the 360 was over 200k.[/QUOTE]

I doubt 200K also... my walmart & meijer only got around 5-10 system.. wat kinda launch is that.. even my walmart had 40+ during the PS2 lanuch and that was hard to come by already...

this was RUSHED lanuch for sure...

[quote name='Spoon_si']this was RUSHED lanuch for sure...[/QUOTE]

It wasn't a rushed launch, it was an intentional shortage.

I don't get why people selling 360's didn't block zero/negative feedback bidders from bidding on the auction, there is an option to do that. Yeah, you lose a few potential buyers, but 90% of those wouldn't pay in the first place.

That's how I did my auction that just ended only received $750 for the Premium Bundle but was already paid via PayPal from a bidder with a positive 20 rating and a confirmed address. I'll take that over somebody that received a bid of $1,000 from a bidder with a zero rating that never gets paid all day long.

I would have like to get more, but the profit on this sale basiclally covered 3/4 of my other Xbox 360 Premium that is coming on Tuesday via Best Buy.

All I can say is dont shoot the messenger......I was only passing along a rumor I read on another forum where some guys auction bids were being cancelled.

Thats why in my first post I ask "Can anyone confirm"...

Ass....

[quote name='gokou36']I'm gonna laugh when the buyers file a chargeback after getting their xbox 360.[/QUOTE]
:lol: I totally agree. I was screwed last year selling my GTA:SA for $60 to someone with great feedback and paid paypal in an hour though it wasn't confirmed. A month later, the fucker does some lame excuse saying her credit card was stolen and that it wasn't her, so the chargeback through the card company hits paypal, which in turn hits my account. I was so tempted to go to the address I shipped the game to (somewhere in Iowa) and wait outside the door for someone to come out... but it was only for $60, not worth the plane fare. On the other hand, if I sold a 360 for over $700 and got screwed, I will be at their door the next day with a baseball bat in hand! :twisted:

I can't imagine this is true. As of right now, if you search on eBay for "Xbox 360 Premium sealed" it gets you 523 results. I sincerely doubt all of those are licensed MS retailers.

[quote name='howlinmad']Read dafoomie's post numbnuts, he spells out my point perfectly. And the PSP had plenty of systems at launch, you are right. Go figure.

[/QUOTE]

yeah but Sony wasn't allegedly pulling ebay listings..which was MY point. That is the difference. Again, It is not about shortages but shortages plus ebay sales stopping.

I bashed Sony for doing a similar thing with the PSP in Europe (by banning importers)

Supply and Demand is a fair game, Microsoft would definitely like for people to wait so that they can still sell on the buzz, but I can't imagine half those auctions even being real, most are probably scammed up or offering the "Premium Xbox 360 Sealed" email address.

All you who believe MS can't do this you need to read eBay's policy on "Vero". This will happen and all who got in on early be lucky you did.

Microsoft does not have the authority to do that. I can sell anything that is legal and that I own.

[quote name='Indiana']Microsoft does not have the authority to do that. I can sell anything that is legal and that I own.[/QUOTE]

No, they don't, but eBay does. As said earlier in the thread, Microsoft can request that the auctions be taken down and eBay may/may not comply.

would say is bogus given the fact that there are 351 pages of 360 consoles on ebay as we speak

"17492 items found for Microsoft Xbox 360 - Game console" tells me is good to go

Like I said before Dell does this all the time. I have had at least 5 auctions pulled by Ebay's VeRO program at the requset of Dell Corp. I am not saying MS is doing this but it is compltetly legal and possible. Microsoft is an Ebay VeRO paticipant but they have mainly dealt with unauthorized software auctions. Here is part of Ebay's VeRO policy. In this case MS is the "intellectual property rights owners".

What is the VeRO Program?
eBay is dedicated to protecting its users from purchasing counterfeit or otherwise unauthorized items through eBay. However, because eBay is generally unable to determine whether a particular item on eBay is authorized or not, eBay has reached out to intellectual property rights owners for their help.

eBay established the VeRO Program in 1997 to enable intellectual property rights owners to easily report and request removal of listings offering items or containing materials that infringe their rights.

No way - I actually subscribe to the conspiracy theory that it's Microsoft shills who are bidding on these XBox 360's on ebay, so every forum and news site will say "whoa whoa whoa whoa look at how in demand this thing is" - just like how MS is holding back stock from stores as to "sell out"

Hey if is it possible that all the auctions being pulled are using stock photos from Microsoft. MS may have copyright on them and that would be a valid reason to pull the auctions

bread's done
Back