Microsoft giving MS points back for movie/tv show purchases

NutManIV

CAGiversary!
For a limited time, when you grab a movie or two TV shows from Xbox Live, Microsoft will automatically add 160($2) points to your account. The TV show deal is essentially buy 1 get 1 free after the rebate.

Seems like a cool thing to get a little "cash" back.

Some things to note
-I learned about this offer from an email from XBL
-The email seems to play up comedies, but you can download any kind of movie/2 tv shows and it should work
-Offer good 1 time per person
-ends December 7, 2009

Last edited by a moderator:
**Offer good only for named recipient of this e-mail with Xbox LIVE Marketplace offer from Microsoft. Limit: one (1) gift per person.

[quote name='serge2k']**Offer good only for named recipient of this e-mail with Xbox LIVE Marketplace offer from Microsoft. Limit: one (1) gift per person.[/QUOTE]

I assume that everyone on XBL got this email though?

[quote name='NutManIV']I assume that everyone on XBL got this email though?[/QUOTE]

I would assume so myself, but you never know... don't want someone going off an buying a movie or shows and then don't get the refund... just as precaution if they don't get the email.

Any tv shows 160 ms points? id buy one if i new id get it all back otherwise i have a pc and i can get tv shows free and super easy lol

Not everyone got the e-mail. I got it, but my friend did not. He is the only profile on his 360, but he's only a silver...does this mean it's only for gold subscribers, maybe?

[quote name='Xenokai']Any tv shows 160 ms points? id buy one if i new id get it all back otherwise i have a pc and i can get tv shows free and super easy lol[/QUOTE]

they are having a sale for 80 pts for some

might grab a few southpark episodes that i missed.

too bad i cant check my email tho since i set this account up several years ago and dont even remember the email..hm

[quote name='sabanoo']I have not received an email like this yet and I'm a gold member. Dunno who is getting it exactly...[/QUOTE]

I haven't received it either and I'm a gold member.

I did not get it buy my podcast co-host did. Kinda insulting since he barely buys any DLC for games (thinks $10 is too much for map packs) where as I use Live as my main TV service to watch my favorite shows when I want to.

[quote name='Xenokai']Any tv shows 160 ms points? id buy one if i new id get it all back otherwise i have a pc and i can get tv shows free and super easy lol[/QUOTE]

The regular price for a TV episode is 160 MS points. So essentially if you can take advantage of this deal it's buy 1 get 1 free.

However, the refund wont be delivered for like 4-6 weeks even though the email body says it happens "automatically". I guess they just mean you don't have to fill out a form or anything like that.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I did not get it buy my podcast co-host did. Kinda insulting since he barely buys any DLC for games (thinks $10 is too much for map packs) where as I use Live as my main TV service to watch my favorite shows when I want to.[/QUOTE]

That's the whole point. They've already caught you hook, line and sinker. They are using the worm to try and hook another fish. This is why I hardly ever got ebay coupons, because I used to buy on ebay all the time.

[quote name='Chemosh013']I haven't received it either and I'm a gold member.[/QUOTE]

ok, my friend (silver member) got the e-mail today.

Isn't this part of the rewards things they are in beta testing? Not everyone should be getting this last I knew.

I got the same exact e-mail, minus the middle section that talks about the deal and the ** fine print at the bottom that goes along with it. So mine was just an ad, instead of an ad plus a deal.

bread's done
Back