Microsoft Kinect $99.99+tax from Microsoft store after Microsoft emailed coupon YMMV

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
I received an email from the Microsoft store for labor day to save $50 off any item $100 or greater.

Was able to preorder Microsoft Kinect for $99.99+tax with free shipping after the unique email coupon code.

Received this as well.

this weekend only. Just use the code below:
Save $50 off any product of $100 or more

We've got Labor Day savings here at Microsoft Store. And now you've got even more reasons to shop, because this weekend only you'll save $50 off any product purchase of $100 or more*. Check out these great deals:

40643610-3.gif
40643610-3.gif
Pre-order Kinect™ for Xbox 360® and take fun to a new level with controller-free gaming.
40643610-3.gif
Ramp up for the most extreme Halo® experience yet! Pre-order Halo: Reach for Xbox 360, and get a token to download a Spartan Recon helmet. Let the battle begin!

So don't wait. Visit Microsoft Store and start saving right now. Remember get $50 off your product purchase of $100 or more,​

Enter discount code at checkout to receive $50 off any single Microsoft Store product of $100 or more. Discount applies before taxes, shipping and handling charges and is limited to pre orders and stock on hand. Discount code expires at 11:59 PM EST on Tuesday, September 7, 2010. Discount code may only be used once and cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer or promotion. Not valid on previous orders or at Microsoft Store retail locations.

Sorry guys would have listed the code if I wasn't gonna use it but they have tons of upcoming releases including the Reach Legendary Edition this can be used on. Also says it is non-transferrable but not sure how that works.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Neat. What do we need to sign up for to receive emails from that place? Probably too late to receive that if we sign up now but worth a shot.

[quote name='Diatribal Deity']Received this as well.

this weekend only. Just use the code below:
Save $50 off any product of $100 or more

We've got Labor Day savings here at Microsoft Store. And now you've got even more reasons to shop, because this weekend only you'll save $50 off any product purchase of $100 or more*. Check out these great deals:

40643610-3.gif
40643610-3.gif
Pre-order Kinect™ for Xbox 360® and take fun to a new level with controller-free gaming.
40643610-3.gif
Ramp up for the most extreme Halo® experience yet! Pre-order Halo: Reach for Xbox 360, and get a token to download a Spartan Recon helmet. Let the battle begin!

So don't wait. Visit Microsoft Store and start saving right now. Remember get $50 off your product purchase of $100 or more,

Enter discount code at checkout to receive $50 off any single Microsoft Store product of $100 or more. Discount applies before taxes, shipping and handling charges and is limited to pre orders and stock on hand. Discount code expires at 11:59 PM EST on Tuesday, September 7, 2010. Discount code may only be used once and cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer or promotion. Not valid on previous orders or at Microsoft Store retail locations.
[/QUOTE]

you forgot to include the code

I went and signed up to be contacted for their newsletter and special promotions... I'll see if I get a code. Thanks for the heads up op!

[quote name='phenommsu']@killeramen...How did you sign up?[/QUOTE]
Do you already have an account at the MS store? Or is that what you're asking about? If you do have an account, sign in and at the top of the screen then click on "Account" then on "Profile". At the bottom of that page it shows the Newsletter + Special Promotions email option.

[quote name='Markew001']Oh wow this would totally lock me in for the Kinect... if anyone doesn't want their coupon think of me! ;)[/QUOTE]

IF I get one (and thats a big if since I just signed up to receive emails) you can have mine.

[quote name='phenommsu']@killeramen...How did you sign up?[/QUOTE]

I first signed in with my Microsoft thing, then went to my account, then profile, scrolled down to where it says "Newsletter + Special Promotions" and clicked "Yes, I would like to receive messages."

[quote name='ShockandAww']IF I get one (and thats a big if since I just signed up to receive emails) you can have mine.[/QUOTE]

You are awesome!

I was planning to get Kinect when it got to be around $100... Seems I may be able to get it sooner than I thought... I don't need it right now, so hopefully I don't get the code :D Can't pass up a deal like this (I have issues when it comes to good video game deals :D )!

Turns out, when I bought my transfer cable from here, I forgot to actually make an account (they made a guest one). Just checked my e-mail, found my temp. password, and finished the registration procedure. Signed-up for the e-mails as well; who knows, hopefully it will work. I'd buy Kinect for $99, but most likely not for $150.

I'm another one, if someone has a code they won't use a PM would be appreciated. I just enabled e-mail offers but I doubt I'll be receiving this $50 off code.

Luckily I ordered something from them in the past, but didn't have the email notification. Hopefully that will give me a coupon. I'd order Kinect for 100.

Yes, we know, everyone would like a code. Please, stop making the entire thread just a beg-fest for codes; it will only end up getting this thread locked.

Before anyone goes posting their code, note the fine print!!!

"Discount code expires at 11:59 PM EST on Tuesday, September 7, 2010. Discount code may only be used once and cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer or promotion. Not valid on previous orders or at Microsoft Store retail locations. "

So, if you purchased something at the store and smart enough to have signed up for the news letter, bully for you. Also note, there are other items like an Asus PC and Halo Reach Discounts

BTW, its $50 any product over $100 plus free shipping with the code. The kinect is $149 pre-order and the $99 is with with the $50 off code.

I must say that getting $50 off Kinect would make me consider purchasing it. However, just today did I get around to watching the E3 Presentation of Kinect and the various Kinect games being released for it in November. Let me just say I laughed the whole way through it (as I'm sure Nintendo did too). Here's Microsoft, who always considered itself the "hardcore" gaming console. Then they release something like this! I feel the exact same way about PS Move.

They're both so desperate to take a piece of Nintendo's "pie" that they lower themselves to Wii's level. And this is coming from someone that owns all three systems, and enjoys certain elements of all three systems. I almost think it's just an excuse for both companies (Sony and Microsoft) to delay releasing Xbox 720 (or whatever they'll call it) and PS4 systems until 2013 or later (my guess is Wii HD or Wii 2 in 2012, Xbox 720 in 2013, and PS4 in 2014).

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I must say that getting $50 off Kinect would make me consider purchasing it. However, just today did I get around to watching the E3 Presentation of Kinect and the various Kinect games being released for it in November. Let me just say I laughed the whole way through it (as I'm sure Nintendo did too). Here's Microsoft, who always considered itself the "hardcore" gaming console. Then they release something like this! I feel the exact same way about PS Move.

They're both so desperate to take a piece of Nintendo's "pie" that they lower themselves to Wii's level. And this is coming from someone that owns all three systems, and enjoys certain elements of all three systems. I almost think it's just an excuse for both companies (Sony and Microsoft) to delay releasing Xbox 720 (or whatever they'll call it) and PS4 systems until 2013 or later (my guess is Wii HD or Wii 2 in 2012, Xbox 720 in 2013, and PS4 in 2014).[/QUOTE]

That all may be true, put I actually got to play with the kinect and unlike the Wii, being able to track full body movements makes for a really different experience and Dance Central was amazing on how it could track even subtle movements.

Also, the Sony Move and Eyetoy together are again, very much different in that you have true 3D space and there are moves you make with the Move that you can fake with the Wii

I also have all three systems, and while I have a lot of fun with my family with the Wii, the controls are as simple as the games at times but that is the point.

The Kinect is more hard core, because with the Wii you if play a dance game, you can pretty much play it on the couch and still get most of the moves correct. With the Kinect, your moves actually need to be correct and inline with the avatar otherwise you fail. When you are required to jump, you actually have to jump, when you cross your arms and legs, it actually matters.

With the Move, you have a real sense of 3D space.

So, yes, while they are trying to take some of the casual market away, IMHO from what I actually was able to get my hands on, it is a lot more work and you have to more into the games than the Wii where you can basically flail away and still do well.

I believe that the Kinect will do will at the $99 price point

This is not that great of a deal because you will still need to purchase a $60 launch title and Walmart or someone I believe will have better bundles

I just updated my account at the microsoft store to get the newsletter and such. Hopefully I get a code. Will either order Kinect or possible a Family Xbox Live Gold pack if they put that up for sale. Not sure if that will qualify, though since it's just under $100.

[quote name='lordopus99']Man if they send me this, I will bite on the kinect.[/QUOTE]

I'm considering the same thing. I don't think I'll actually play any games on it though. I signed up for the newsletter, hope I get one. It's an existing account, I just never got the newsletter before.

I am not sure if Kinect is worth $100. I am not flaming as I have all 3 consoles- but I actually played Kinect at Herald Square where they were demoing it. It screams eyetoy with more resources being put into the games.

I am content with the Wii Motion Plus and PlayStation Move, unless a killer app comes out for Kinect.

ordered mine this morning and i also got another code from someone else and look what i got with it:

Thank you for your purchase:
Test Drive Unlimited 2 for Xbox 360 Quantity: 1 $0.00

Subtotal: $0.00 Shipping: $0.00 Tax: $0.00 Total: $0.00

theres a loop hole to this that will allow you $50 off of any games too. i got test drive unlimited 2 for free bc its 49.99 and choose free shipping. now thats a great deal!!!!!!

bread's done
Back