Microsoft Kinect $99.99+tax from Microsoft store after Microsoft emailed coupon YMMV

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
I received an email from the Microsoft store for labor day to save $50 off any item $100 or greater.

Was able to preorder Microsoft Kinect for $99.99+tax with free shipping after the unique email coupon code.

I just called MS and they were able to order & adjust the price for me. Told them I "accidentally" deleted the e-mail... $109.49.

if u didnt pay about 119 and change for it then u wont get it nov 4th when t comes out. if u got free shipping u wont get it until about a week after its been out

[quote name='NewOrder01']I just called MS and they were able to order & adjust the price for me. Told them I "accidentally" deleted the e-mail... $109.49.[/QUOTE]
Well played sir:applause:

[quote name='NewOrder01']I just called MS and they were able to order & adjust the price for me. Told them I "accidentally" deleted the e-mail... $109.49.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that you can call and be honest about the situation and they will adjust the price.

http://store.microsoft.com
1-877-696-7786

[quote name='gamingdroid']What did you say exactly?[/QUOTE]

Basically I said that someone told me about this e-mail that they received about a labor day sale and they were able to get the Kinect for $50 off. They told me that the e-mail was sent to everyone on their newsletter and that they would make a one time exception and adjust the price.

I just e-mailed them about it, and they seem to be very helpful with getting me the discount. They asked me to leave a number and time to be contacted at, to help me place any order I wanted with the discount.

I just left another e-mail asking if they could order it for me via e-mail (my account is pre-filled with everything needed to order it), since I don't have much free time to talk due to working. So, we'll see; worst comes to worst, I'll just call them, but they gladly offered to help me out with it, so that's a good sign.

[quote name='KillerRamen']Basically I said that someone told me about this e-mail that they received about a labor day sale and they were able to get the Kinect for $50 off. They told me that the e-mail was sent to everyone on their newsletter and that they would make a one time exception and adjust the price.[/QUOTE]

I got shotdown via the phone. I guess I will try the email route.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I first signed in with my Microsoft thing, then went to my account, then profile, scrolled down to where it says "Newsletter + Special Promotions" and clicked "Yes, I would like to receive messages."[/QUOTE]

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/newsletter/default.htm

I emailed. I'll bite on Kinect for this price. One of these stupid contraptions has got to be able to get my girlfriend to play games with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an email back. They said leave my name and number and they'll call me to place the order. :D

Is there anything better to place an order for other than Kinect or Halo 3 Legendary? I kind of want Kinect. Kind of.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Got my Kinect! Sweet. Maybe. I dunno.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of how I feel. :lol:

...I'm kind of looking forward to Dance Central, Dance Masters and Children of Eden. Other than that, I dunno. I'm hopeful Sega will come to their senses and release a new Space Channel 5 for one of these things.

I'm already signed up but didnt get anything. If anyone wants to donate one I'll put it to good use.

I tried calling and told them I deleted my 50$ off email and they asked for my email and they said I hadn't purchased anything within the last 90 days so there wasn't any record or anything so they can't confirm that I actually received an email.

If anyone wants to give up a code i'd love to grab this at the low low price!

PLEASE pm me or someone else who has been here forever. Don't feed the kids who signed up to beg. :D

Looks like signing up does no good. I called them and only people who purchased something from themonline qualify. I'm surprised people are actually able to order these over the phone. i was denied.

got a response email 3 times. I kept asking if I can just get an email of the promotion, but hey kept saying I have to call because I am a valued customer and need personalized support.

Hope they allow it for preorders over the phone.

Hey, where do I go to re-activate my account for the email newsletter? (or whatever this came through)

[quote name='sageridder']Hmm drops the 4 GB console with kinect to $250 if they count the bundle as 1 item.
[/QUOTE]

Hmm, now I'm temped. If I subtract the 100 I already paid for Kinect, that makes the new 360 arcade 150 bucks. That's not bad, and my 360 warranty will start its final year this September. Hmm...

I'll be damned, I got an e-mail response pretty fast. Here's what it said:

"[FONT=&quot]Thank you for choosing to email the Microsoft Store. I am sorry to hear that you did not receive your promotion code. I understand the importance of getting the best value for your software, and appreciate the chance to assist you with this promotion.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Under normal circumstances, the promotion you mentioned is available exclusively to customers who opted to receive our newsletter upon completing their order. Following your request, however, we are willing to make an exception, and offer the "$50 off" promotion on your purchase.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]To that end, I would ask that you provide us with a contact phone number, and a time at which you can be reached, including time zone. One of our specialized agents will happily contact you on this matter, to place your order with the $50 discount. Please note that this offer is only available via our contact team, and cannot be obtained through our standard support line.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In addition, if you have not already done so, I would encourage you to sign up for our newsletter, to take advantage of future offers."[/FONT]

I replied to this, and hopefully, I'll be able to get the Kinect on the cheap.

UPDATE: I just got a call from the same guy who sent me the e-mail. When I asked for Kinect, he chuckled and said a lot of people have been asking for it today. Word gets around, huh CAGers?
I just got my confirmation e-mail so it looks like my $100 Kinect is a go. Thanks OP!

I just got a call from the same guy who sent me the e-mail. When I asked for Kinect, he chuckled and said a lot of people have been asking for it today. Word gets around, huh CAGers?
I just got my confirmation e-mail so it looks like my $100 Kinect is a go. Woot.

Just got off the phone with them and placed the order. UPS 2nd day shipping was only $5, and they said that pre-orders will ship on November 4th, so I went for it, what the hell. Amazing service. Really impressed. Thanks OP for the thread. $100 was my tipping point, $150 was going to be a six month "wait and see".

I figured what the hell and called. I got rejected. He said I had to get the email or purchase something from them in the past 90 days. Maybe I'll try the email route. Just not sure if I even want the thing at the moment. Damn impulse buys.....

Kinect for Xbox 360*
Quantity: 1 $99.99
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal: $99.99
Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $6.50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total: $106.49

I called them, let them know I didn't get the email but I did buy something last year (not 90 days, I bought windows 7 pro from them last august). Got a great rep on the phone that pushed it through for me. Between this and jumping on the gamestop deal to get the move for $80 I'm going to be in motion control heaven by the end of the year.

What email address do we use to contact them?

If anyone has an extra code I would like it as well. Thanks in advance.

Gamestop deal for the move at $80?! Where did you see that? i preordered mine but did not see any deal.

[quote name='majorscud']Kinect for Xbox 360*
Quantity: 1 $99.99
Subtotal: $99.99
Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $6.50
Total: $106.49

I called them, let them know I didn't get the email but I did buy something last year (not 90 days, I bought windows 7 pro from them last august). Got a great rep on the phone that pushed it through for me. Between this and jumping on the gamestop deal to get the move for $80 I'm going to be in motion control heaven by the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

They had a deal with $20 off $80 that worked on preorders. I applied it to an order for the move bundle.

MOVE SPORTS CHAMPIONS BUNDLE - PS3 1 0 $79.99 Pre-order Ships 9/17/2010
N/A

Hello all, first post :bouncy:

Quick question for those who got through the process.

Can I buy two items at one time? Say kinetic and the reach 360 bundle?

Is fed ex offered as a shipping service? if so, how much is the one day shipping?

Thank you for your time :)

My advice. Kill em with kindness. Maybe it helped that I had an account with them, even though I never bought anything (think I just downloaded MS office demo once, in fact) because the guy mentioned in email that they saw I had an account and suggested that I opt-in for the newsletters (which I thought I had done anyway). Guy I spoke with was Graeme and he was very understanding. Said they don't normally do it, but that they can make an exception.

Yep - emailing definitely works. I got the same email as someone posted above and the guy is supposed to be calling me at some point tomorrow. I'm still trying to decide if I want to go through with it or not... but I think I do. It's a great deal and I have relatively high hopes for Kinect.

Now I need to find a deal for Move.... anyone know if Gamestop will be doing any trade-in deals in the next couple of weeks?

bread's done
Back