Medal of Honor Warfighter
NBA 2K13 [OOS]
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Nike+ Kinect Training ($49.99)
Resident Evil 6

Each of the games listed are available with the offer. They include:

•$10 gift card for future orders at MicrosoftStore.com
•1600 Microsoft Points

*Offer valid from September 4, 2012 through close of business on November 19, 2012. Other conditions with respect to preorder may apply. Gift card (in-store purchases) or Promo Code (online purchases) and 1600 Xbox Live points will be issued upon redemption of preordered product and eligibility will be verified with receipt upon redemption. No photocopies or facsimiles of receipt will be accepted. Neither Gift Card nor Promo Code may be used toward the purchase of preordered product and neither may be transferred or redeemed for cash. Other conditions on use of gift card may apply. Limit one per customer.

*A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped (or the product is made available for download).

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright. After 10 business days I live chated with support this time (called before). She messaged me the codes so now I have the codes for both games (one set in spam, one set in live chat). I also confirmed that you cannot stack the 10 dollar off codes.

[quote name='aus_nacht'] I also confirmed that you cannot stack the 10 dollar off codes.[/QUOTE]

Shit...really? Damn. I must have ignored the fine print. I guess MS points here I come.

I too got the codes for borderlands, but not for K:SS. I spoke to them today, they sent me the codes, but the 1600MS point code was already used. Now they are 'escalating' the case to level 2, and it will take another 2 days. This is becoming more of a pain than worth it.

I just checked, they gave the exact same codes for K:SS that I got for borderlands. That does not make sense. Are the codes the same?

[quote name='Xerostomia']I too got the codes for borderlands, but not for K:SS. I spoke to them today, they sent me the codes, but the 1600MS point code was already used. Now they are 'escalating' the case to level 2, and it will take another 2 days. This is becoming more of a pain than worth it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Xerostomia']I just checked, they gave the exact same codes for K:SS that I got for borderlands. That does not make sense. Are the codes the same?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gamer SDP']got Sesame Street on release. still no codes. what is the email subject people have been getting?[/QUOTE]

I ordered two copies of KSS and one copy of Borderlands. KSS copies arrived on release day but no codes; Borderlands didn't arrive until a week later but I got codes for it 3 days before it arrived.

Once they finally give me working codes for my orders of KSS I'm done with this promotion. It could have truly been awesome if they had done it right.

I've gotten my codes for Sesame Street, but the MS online store is brutal to use. The games don't show if they're in stock until you click on each title. And most are out of stock. Ridiculous.

[quote name='Xerostomia']I just checked, they gave the exact same codes for K:SS that I got for borderlands. That does not make sense. Are the codes the same?[/QUOTE]

No they are different. One use per code. If they are giving you the same codes you should call them on it.

[quote name='Xerostomia']I too got the codes for borderlands, but not for K:SS. I spoke to them today, they sent me the codes, but the 1600MS point code was already used. Now they are 'escalating' the case to level 2, and it will take another 2 days. This is becoming more of a pain than worth it.[/QUOTE]

I actually reserved 6 games on this deal. I've canceled three. I'm only keeping BLOPS 2 because it seems like a good deal for a COD game.

Just to be clear, the MS store doesn't do release date delivery right? As in, I probably won't receive RE6 until Thur-Fri?

[quote name='Ranced']Just to be clear, the MS store doesn't do release date delivery right? As in, I probably won't receive RE6 until Thur-Fri?[/QUOTE]

Fifa was received on release day so I think they do.

[quote name='Ranced']Just to be clear, the MS store doesn't do release date delivery right? As in, I probably won't receive RE6 until Thur-Fri?[/QUOTE]

It's a maybe. They won't say that they do release date delivery but most of us (though not all) got games on the release date. One guy said he didn't get his for a week after so YMMV.

I decided to give the MS Store a chance with FIFA 13 and I got the game on release day like many of us. I think the MS Store is going to get more of my money sooner than I expected.

EDIT: Has anyone seen the BLOPS 2 promo come back or should I assume it's gone for good and look for a better pre-order deal?

[quote name='3kingdoms']Still no codes LOL.. YMMV on when you get the codes.[/QUOTE]

Be sure to check your spam folder for the email you used. A lot of posters here have reported that the filters incorrectly ID the promo code emails as spam.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Be sure to check your spam folder for the email you used. A lot of posters here have reported that the filters incorrectly ID the promo code emails as spam.[/QUOTE]

Yes and most of us have had better luck with live chat than with calling.

wasnt halo 4 $10 credit at MicrosoftStore.com and 1600 Microsoft Points? i could swear it was, i am now seeing it as a $25 credit at the MicrosoftStore.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Be sure to check your spam folder for the email you used. A lot of posters here have reported that the filters incorrectly ID the promo code emails as spam.[/QUOTE]

damn jordi. Thats 2/2 on you helping me today!!!

Finally got my code for Sesame Street after getting the code for BL2 a day after receipt. Was like pulling teeth. Tried Live Chat, phone. Eventually it was email that got them to send it to me. I love MS, and I've liked the MS Store in the past, but the delivery on this promo was such an immense pain in the ass to chase down, it will stay in the back of my mind when evaluating future promos from them.

[quote name='berzirk']Finally got my code for Sesame Street after getting the code for BL2 a day after receipt. Was like pulling teeth. Tried Live Chat, phone. Eventually it was email that got them to send it to me. I love MS, and I've liked the MS Store in the past, but the delivery on this promo was such an immense pain in the ass to chase down, it will stay in the back of my mind when evaluating future promos from them.[/QUOTE]

tell me about it.. I chose the download option and now its said i have no download purchases. LOL

[quote name='Lonegunman718']wasnt halo 4 $10 credit at MicrosoftStore.com and 1600 Microsoft Points? i could swear it was, i am now seeing it as a $25 credit at the MicrosoftStore.[/QUOTE]
Halo was always $25 credit

I have called 4 times, live chat twice, and finally a code. Live chat works best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for those who got their game on release day- did you just pick the regular free shipping, or did you pay for overnight?

[quote name='ShinAkuma']Question for those who got their game on release day- did you just pick the regular free shipping, or did you pay for overnight?[/QUOTE]
Free

[quote name='JaTaN']Free[/QUOTE]

Nice! Hopefully I'm one of the lucky ones and not like the couple people who are still waiting.

[quote name='2&2']Does anyone know if two of the $10 gift cards can be used on a single order?[/QUOTE]

No. Tried it a couple times so did several other people.

has anyone had any problems using their $10 code for a pre-order? I am thinking about AC3 and using the ten on Halo 4. I notice the fine print on AC3 stated " Neither Gift Card nor Promo Code may be used toward the purchase of preordered product and neither may be transferred or redeemed for cash. Other conditions on use of gift card may apply. Limit one per customer."

previous posts seem to state you can but can't say I trust MS!

not interested if can't use the 10 on Halo 4 and get the 25--

Where is the live chat option on the Microsoft Store webpage? I need to contact them AGAIN regarding codes I never received for Kinect Sesame Street. I only see options for "call us" which of course is closed and "e-mail us" but the page won't like.

I didn't see any option for live chat

Not a great deal considering you have to use the $10 gift card on MS over-priced website.

[quote name='Ltrain8765']has anyone had any problems using their $10 code for a pre-order? I am thinking about AC3 and using the ten on Halo 4. I notice the fine print on AC3 stated " Neither Gift Card nor Promo Code may be used toward the purchase of preordered product and neither may be transferred or redeemed for cash. Other conditions on use of gift card may apply. Limit one per customer."

previous posts seem to state you can but can't say I trust MS!

not interested if can't use the 10 on Halo 4 and get the 25--[/QUOTE]

didn't have any problems using 10 code from Sesame Street on ordering Fable Journey.

[quote name='WTFer']Not a great deal considering you have to use the $10 gift card on MS over-priced website.[/QUOTE]

Can always use it on points purchase if nothing else, so its not too bad.

[quote name='blinknot4']Anybody's RE6 ship yet? ...[/QUOTE]

I was curious what was up with this. Seeing the RE6 reviews, I thought about cancelling if I still could.

I went to my order history and they are missing most of the preorders I did. I preordered like 5-6 games and only 2 show in my order history. Borderlands 2, which I got and Assassin's Creed 3. RE6 was on the same order as BL2, but it is no where to be found.

[quote name='Hoffer']I was curious what was up with this. Seeing the RE6 reviews, I thought about cancelling if I still could.

I went to my order history and they are missing most of the preorders I did. I preordered like 5-6 games and only 2 show in my order history. Borderlands 2, which I got and Assassin's Creed 3. RE6 was on the same order as BL2, but it is no where to be found.[/QUOTE]

I am not canceling based on the reviews. I figured they would be polarizing (either love or full hate - no in between). I played the demo and enjoyed it - I'm looking forward to it for sure... Just hoping I get it tomorrow from M'soft. No shipping confirmation email yet...

[quote name='blinknot4']I am not canceling based on the reviews. I figured they would be polarizing (either love or full hate - no in between). I played the demo and enjoyed it - I'm looking forward to it for sure... Just hoping I get it tomorrow from M'soft. No shipping confirmation email yet...[/QUOTE]

Did you check your order history on the MS Store site? Is your preorder for RE6 still there? Most of the games I preordered from the MS Store aren't there.

[quote name='Hoffer']Did you check your order history on the MS Store site? Is your preorder for RE6 still there? Most of the games I preordered from the MS Store aren't there.[/QUOTE]

wait for the email confirmations. their system is truly garbage.

[quote name='Hoffer']Did you check your order history on the MS Store site? Is your preorder for RE6 still there? Most of the games I preordered from the MS Store aren't there.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='3kingdoms']wait for the email confirmations. their system is truly garbage.[/QUOTE]

It's still 'In Process' ... But I'm not worried about it in the least. I was just asking to see if anybody got the 'upgrade' to overnight release day delivery.

[quote name='loomis1975']didn't have any problems using 10 code from Sesame Street on ordering Fable Journey.[/QUOTE]
thanks for the reply- will wait a couple of weeks and see if any problems come up then take the plunge if not

So... for those of you who received games on their release date, can you tell me at what point your order updated to reflect the next-day shipping? So far my RE6 order still just says 'in process' and lists UPS Ground as the shipping option. As far as I am aware it still hasn't shipped...

I ended up getting my AC3 this way. Honestly I wanted the Best Buy preorder so I could get the $20 certificate but I put my order in through the MS website for the hell of it at the time thinking I'd just cancel it if I got up to Best Buy sometime soon. I don't have Unlocked to get the deal and apparently they now force you to go to a damn store (to scan a barcode on a paper you print out) just to activate it as they don't let you sign up for it on the site. I did not realize MS made it a pain to cancel your preorder, though since it's MS and money is involved, should not have been surprised. I'm just going to let them win and keep my order in as I still don't have Unlocked and considering I'll probably want AC3 DLC anyway those extra 1600 points will come in handy there plus I will still get a $10 toward a future purchase there so if nothing else I'll use it for points or a new subscription if they sell those.

Crap, was really hoping Halo 4 had the 1600 pts tacked on to it.

I still can't find a good preorder deal on this game. I missed out on the $45 at newegg and have been kicking myself since.

bread's done
Back