Medal of Honor Warfighter
NBA 2K13 [OOS]
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Nike+ Kinect Training ($49.99)
Resident Evil 6

Each of the games listed are available with the offer. They include:

•$10 gift card for future orders at MicrosoftStore.com
•1600 Microsoft Points

*Offer valid from September 4, 2012 through close of business on November 19, 2012. Other conditions with respect to preorder may apply. Gift card (in-store purchases) or Promo Code (online purchases) and 1600 Xbox Live points will be issued upon redemption of preordered product and eligibility will be verified with receipt upon redemption. No photocopies or facsimiles of receipt will be accepted. Neither Gift Card nor Promo Code may be used toward the purchase of preordered product and neither may be transferred or redeemed for cash. Other conditions on use of gift card may apply. Limit one per customer.

*A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped (or the product is made available for download).

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason my Halo code is not working on this...hmmm
From MS Chat:
it is part of our pre-order policy that those codes cannot be used on clearance items or other pre-orders.
They claim I cant use my Halo 4 promo code on any pre-orders.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']How do I know if my order has shipped? Do they send out an email? Pre-ordered Black Ops 2 and doesn't seem to have shipped yet, was hoping for 2 day shipping[/QUOTE]
You'll get an email with tracking number

You can check your order status online -- if it shows "in process" then they're about to ship it, if it shows "preordered" then not yet

[quote name='not2worried']For some reason my Halo code is not working on this...hmmm[/QUOTE]
Copy/paste and make sure theres no space at the end

[quote name='JaTaN']Y

Copy/paste and make sure theres no space at the end[/QUOTE]
Yeh thought of that.. funny thing, Not signed in.. I can put the game in the cart... it then go to check out, it then takes the code until I enter in my email, address, CC info.. then price goes up to normal.

[quote name='not2worried']Yeh thought of that.. funny thing, Not signed in.. I can put the game in the cart... it then go to check out, it then takes the code until I enter in my email, address, CC info.. then price goes up to normal.[/QUOTE]
Login first then try to place the order

If it doesnt work then delete your payment info from that account (if its saved) and log out. Then create a new MS store account using a different email and try to use the coupon from the new account. You can use the same card since you deleted the payment info from the other account or if you have another CC then use that to pay for it or if you have someone else in the household then create the account under their name and use their card

[quote name='not2worried']For some reason my Halo code is not working on this...hmmm
From MS Chat:
it is part of our pre-order policy that those codes cannot be used on clearance items or other pre-orders.
They claim I cant use my Halo 4 promo code on any pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

sorry friend, you must not have caught an earlier post where i stated m$ wont allow you use GC towards pre-orders. (yeah, they're smart)

However, you can buy 1600 m$ points, for free basically and if u use xbox alot, this pays for itself. Pretty much, the first round of dlc for blops2 is on them.

[quote name='cold_young_thug']sorry friend, you must not have caught an earlier post where i stated m$ wont allow you use GC towards pre-orders. (yeah, they're smart)

However, you can buy 1600 m$ points, for free basically and if u use xbox alot, this pays for itself. Pretty much, the first round of dlc for blops2 is on them.[/QUOTE]
Few of us just preordered BO2 using the $25 Halo coupon a little while ago -- mine came out $37 shipped

Jatan gets the gold star on this one! Got one on order with my normal account after remove CC info.. used my second Halo code using my work email... THANK YOU SIR!

[quote name='not2worried']Jatan gets the gold star on this one! Got one on order with my normal account after remove CC info.. used my second Halo code using my work email... THANK YOU SIR![/QUOTE]
No problem -- glad it worked

[quote name='JaTaN']Few of us just preordered BO2 using the $25 Halo coupon a little while ago -- mine came out $37 shipped[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, I get it. I wasn't aware of the workaround to this issue., but it makes sense. Of course M$ wont tell you this :whistle2:# Here's to hoping they stay uninformed. :bouncy:

[quote name='cold_young_thug']Ahhh, I get it. I wasn't aware of the workaround to this issue., but it makes sense. Of course M$ wont tell you this :whistle2:# Here's to hoping they stay uninformed. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Workaround? One of my coupons worked, but the other one won't even give me an invalid code message. Anyone else have this problem?

I ordered it from the MS store, and it probably won't come this week. Could I go to Gamestop tomorrow, buy a copy, play that, then return the one I got from the MS Store?

[quote name='nhlducks35']I ordered it from the MS store, and it probably won't come this week. Could I go to Gamestop tomorrow, buy a copy, play that, then return the one I got from the MS Store?[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting to hear some peoples thoughts on this as well.

[quote name='cold_young_thug']Ahhh, I get it. I wasn't aware of the workaround to this issue., but it makes sense. Of course M$ wont tell you this :whistle2:# Here's to hoping they stay uninformed. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Most people dont have problems rolling the bonus over to the next preorder. I've done BL2 -> AC3 -> Halo -> BO2 using the same account and saved CC. I ordered 2 Halo's from my first account so for the 2nd $25 coupon I created another account with my sister's info and used the coupon on there with a diff CC

MS store's website is a little crappy so it plays dumb from time to time -- you just have to get creative and try a bunch of things to get it to work

[quote name='nothernobody']Workaround? One of my coupons worked, but the other one won't even give me an invalid code message. Anyone else have this problem?[/QUOTE]I had 2 Halo $25 coupons and wanted 2 BO2 bonuses so I ordered 1 from my regular account and then created another account under my sister's name and used a diff email & CC for the 2nd order (same address)

[quote name='JaTaN']
I had 2 Halo $25 coupons and wanted 2 BO2 bonuses so I ordered 1 from my regular account and then created another account under my sister's name and used a diff email & CC for the 2nd order (same address)[/QUOTE]

Damn that's a good idea. Thanks for the tip!

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']How do I know if my order has shipped? Do they send out an email? Pre-ordered Black Ops 2 and doesn't seem to have shipped yet, was hoping for 2 day shipping[/QUOTE]

Yes, a shipment notification goes out.

[quote name='nhlducks35']I ordered it from the MS store, and it probably won't come this week. Could I go to Gamestop tomorrow, buy a copy, play that, then return the one I got from the MS Store?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the UPC's will be the same since all launch copies will include the Nuketown 2025 bonus map. It's the ones later on without the map that may not have the same UPC.

Return the one you got from the MS Store to GS? I don't see why not.

[quote name='IamPro']wtf is it so damn expensive?!?![/QUOTE]
COD is all about making money

I never buy those COD passes since they're way too expensive -- I'm willing to pay $25-30 for a season pass if I like the game, but not more than that

[quote name='IamPro']wtf is it so damn expensive?!?![/QUOTE]

I usually buy most map packs anyway, so a $10 savings plus the nuketown zombies map is worth it for me

[quote name='Ryuukishi']As opposed to other video games... which are free. ;)[/QUOTE]
You know what I mean -- Activision is greedier than other game makers. $60 retail for a game plus another $50 for DLC is a lot ($60 if you buy them separately), but they have a strong gamer base so they can do whatever they want

At least with other games they sell the season pass for $25-30 which is reasonable

Both of my orders from the evening are now showing "in process" and I have pending charges on both cards so it'll probably ship soon (not as long of a wait as Halo)

[quote name='Hunter Hybrid']Does anyone know if the $25 gift card you get from Halo 4 has an expiration date?[/QUOTE]
If you ordered online and got a $25 coupon then 12/31

If you bought it in store and got an actual gift card then check the back of the card (most likely it doesnt expire)

[quote name='JaTaN']If you ordered online and got a $25 coupon then 12/31

If you bought it in store and got an actual gift card then check the back of the card (most likely it doesnt expire)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I bought it on, thanks!

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Return the one you got from the MS Store to GS? I don't see why not.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is fine, but remember that sometimes stores have exclusive games and UPCs. I learned this the hard way as I bought Halo 4 from Wal*Mart to wait for my Microsoft Store copy and I realized that they had different UPCs (since WaltMart had this different mountain dew insert). So always double check!

Placed my order at 7:24 pm yesterday, so far im seeing this all day.

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

mine got here today ordered it like 3 weeks ago cuz I knew it would go oos so I got $50 msp with halo coupon for cod pass and usin cod points and coupon for more points for halo map pass and forza horizon dlc coming in december :D

[quote name='The 7th Number']Placed my order at 7:24 pm yesterday, so far im seeing this all day.[/QUOTE]
UPS usually picks up shipments in the evening so check again in 3-4 hours

Mine is via UPS Ground across the country (assuming it's coming from Harrisburg, PA like Halo 4 did), might get lucky and have it delivered before the weekend.

[quote name='JaTaN']You know what I mean -- Activision is greedier than other game makers. $60 retail for a game plus another $50 for DLC is a lot ($60 if you buy them separately), but they have a strong gamer base so they can do whatever they want

At least with other games they sell the season pass for $25-30 which is reasonable
[/QUOTE]

You have to keep in mind that the season pass price is based on the amount/value of the DLC it includes. A $25-$30 season pass usually contains about $30-$40 worth of DLC if it were bought individually. The COD season pass includes $60 worth of DLC as well as a couple other extras. Now whether a map pack on it's own should be $15 is another debate, but the season pass is still a good value compared to the individually priced DLCs.

[quote name='not2worried']For some reason my Halo code is not working on this...hmmm
From MS Chat:
They claim I cant use my Halo 4 promo code on any pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

Huh??? I was gonna to use the $25 halo coupon on BF, say suppose M$ store get some nice deals.

Based what the cs said guess I have to spend $25 on a full priced item? This is bs.

[quote name='Jonsoncao']Huh??? I was gonna to use the $25 halo coupon on BF, say suppose M$ store get some nice deals.

Based what the cs said guess I have to spend $25 on a full priced item? This is bs.[/QUOTE]

Despite what CS may have said above, I had no issues using the $25 code from my Halo 4 pre-order on the Black Ops 2 pre-order.

Did MSFT.com do a Black Friday deal last year? If so, they probably will do it again, but since I couldn't recall if they had or hadn't, I decided not to risk it and ordered BO2.

Mine shipped Monday but no 1600 point codes. Last time I got them right away. Anyone get their codes?

[quote name='The 7th Number']Son of a.... UPS tracking updated and it says i wont get the game until monday Nov. 19th. Gunna totally miss the double xp weekend. :/[/QUOTE]

Me too, I'm sad :cry:

[quote name='jhferry']Mine shipped Monday but no 1600 point codes. Last time I got them right away. Anyone get their codes?[/QUOTE]

I didnt get the 1600 points nor the $10 gift card either. will microsoft ship it after a week or so?

[quote name='Jonsoncao']Huh??? I was gonna to use the $25 halo coupon on BF, say suppose M$ store get some nice deals.

Based what the cs said guess I have to spend $25 on a full priced item? This is bs.[/QUOTE]
I was able to get the code to work ...It was mainly an issue with using a pre order bonus on a pre-order, which I did get working after a little help from here.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Son of a.... UPS tracking updated and it says i wont get the game until monday Nov. 19th. Gunna totally miss the double xp weekend. :/[/QUOTE]

Yep, same here.

[quote name='jhferry']Mine shipped Monday but no 1600 point codes. Last time I got them right away. Anyone get their codes?[/QUOTE]
Points may come take a few days. So thats normal, sadly.

UPS just dropped off Black Ops 2. It came from southern CA so it was a quick trip via Ground. Not bad considering I ordered less than 24 hours prior to release.

Apologies for the double posting, but I'm planning to sell this sealed and would like to know if anything besides the Nuketown 2025 map code is inside. TIA!

edit: nevermind, finally found relevant video. Looks like it's just the Nuketown map and a 2-day XBLG trial. The avatar stuff must be from the Hardened and Care Package editions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wondering about the people who aren't getting it until after the weekend...when did you order? I've ordered four games using these deals, and received all of them on launch day, but I also had my order in at least a full week before the launch.

Once I get my points code and $10 purchase code for Bl0ps, I'll be a perfect four for four in terms of getting the games on launch day and getting the bonus stuff as well.

This deal worked out well for me....well, except for seeing that Forza Horizon is going to be $15 at Wal-Mart on Black Friday. Definitely got the short end of that one, but you can't win 'em all.

[quote name='Central Scrutinizer']Wondering about the people who aren't getting it until after the weekend...when did you order? I've ordered four games using these deals, and received all of them on launch day, but I also had my order in at least a full week before the launch.[/QUOTE]
Mine is scheduled for delivery 11/19. I preordered on Monday night. Halo 4 and Assassin's Creed III both arrived on the release date but I preordered those weeks in advance.

[quote name='Central Scrutinizer']Wondering about the people who aren't getting it until after the weekend...when did you order? I've ordered four games using these deals, and received all of them on launch day, but I also had my order in at least a full week before the launch.
[/QUOTE]
My just dance 4 was ordered a week ahead of launch, got it 9 days after launch. Halo 4 order again a week before, got it on release. Blop2 order day before launch, getting Monday after. Funny halo was UPS red, the rest ground.

bread's done
Back