Microsoft store sale XBOX ONE games @ 30$

These multiplayer-only titles like Titanfall and PvZ:GW are a complete insult to people who like single player games (like myself). Any games that are multiplayer-only are an instant pass for me. Most times when I game, I just want to sit back and enjoy the games on my own, without some scrubs/kids running around cursing and using cheats for insta-kills. This and the forced Kinect gimmick made it very easy for me to pass completely on the XBone, even though last gen my favorite console (slightly) was the 360.

I still have my multiple OG XBoxes and 360s (and PS3s for that matter), but I'm sticking with the PS4 only this gen.
Those single player games like Skyrim are a complete insult because it makes me be unsocial. In fact it stunted my social growth so much that I feel the need to sue because it's not what I want.

Conversely Elder Scrolls Online is ALL online. I can't play SP mode and think I need to be pissed because I can't choose to be anti social when I want to!

Those single player games like Skyrim are a complete insult because it makes me be unsocial. In fact it stunted my social growth so much that I feel the need to sue because it's not what I want.

Conversely Elder Scrolls Online is ALL online. I can't play SP mode and think I need to be pissed because I can't choose to be anti social when I want to!
Well played.

At least you can play a SP game anytime you want, sit back and enjoy without worrying about scrubs, servers being online, playing with cursing kids, etc. MP only games are "flash-in-the-pans", like junk food. Consume it, crap it out, and forget about it later. Not having ANY kind of offline mode just makes the games very unattractive. And if you don't think this isn't a problem, there are plenty of articles about Titanfalls MP-only restriction hurting sales of the game (and not drawing in more XBone fans, obviously). Just a few examples:

http://business.financialpost.com/2014/03/10/titanfall-is-great-but-probably-not-a-reason-to-choose-the-new-xbox-over-the-playstation-4-like-microsoft-hopes/

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/03/25/titanfall-didnt-save-microsofts-xbox-one.aspx

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/14/the-5-best-and-worst-things-about-titanfall-4566808/

Is it a terrible game? No, I'm not saying that. But being MP-only is a huge downside, particularly for people who just don't care for multiplayer games. Sure Skyrim is SP only, but it has an enormous story mode that can keep you busy for many, many hours, and it doesn't depend on a required online connection to play, and doesn't force you to play with others. I'll take that anyday over these forced MP-only games (PvZ:GW included).

Excerpt from one article:

There’s no single-player mode. Everyone’s known this since the game was first announced but it’s worth repeating because some people are still acting surprised about it. What is genuinely unexpected though is how bad the campaign multiplayer is. This was supposed to merge ‘cinematic storytelling’ with traditional multiplayer but all it’s ended up as is a bunch of actors jabbering over the radio about nothing of consequence, and putting you off when you’re trying to play.

Last edited by a moderator:
These multiplayer-only titles like Titanfall and PvZ:GW are a complete insult to people who like single player games (like myself). Any games that are multiplayer-only are an instant pass for me. Most times when I game, I just want to sit back and enjoy the games on my own, without some scrubs/kids running around cursing and using cheats for insta-kills. This and the forced Kinect gimmick made it very easy for me to pass completely on the XBone, even though last gen my favorite console (slightly) was the 360.

I still have my multiple OG XBoxes and 360s (and PS3s for that matter), but I'm sticking with the PS4 only this gen.
Congratulations on your purchasing decision...that is what you came here looking for, right?

I hope you are enjoying Infamous. How is it with replay value? Because I bought Titanfall on launch day and have already put over 72 hours into it. Already under $1.00 per hour in terms of bang for the buck.

How's Infamous in that regard? Because I've heard reports of people already finishing both good and evil storylines in less than 20 hours. In other words, they're paying three bucks an hour, or more, for that experience....and if it's anything like the other Infamous games, the story isn't worth anywhere near that much.

No kids cursing, because I game with adult friends and limit feedback....and in fact, you can just turn voice off entirely if you wish to remain non-interactive. You see, it's a choice, one you can opt out of. You don't have to listen to it unless you really like painful experiences...wait, you bought Infamous and Killzone, right? If so, you might actually enjoy painful experiences....

And that "forced Kinect gimmick", let me tell you, most everyone hates it at first...but within a week or two of getting the console, the voice controls are among the favorite features....at least, this has been the case among the 5-6 people I know who bought a XBO over the past few weeks for Titanfall. They were very resistant and whiny about how it was different at first. Now, they just use the voice commands and get on with it. They're actually incredibly easy and convenient: "Xbox, snap party. Invite party to game." Takes the place of six or seven button clicks. It's pretty awesome, actually.

88884c7fe675c4d0516670c2df32ba40.gif

A guy with a mindless sports avatar pic is complaining about someone with an actual GAME as his avatar, look who's talking dude.
Oh, so you want some gaming credentials?

First console purchase was an Intellivision, and there have been at least 20 others since then.

Now that your concern over my gaming history has been addressed, perhaps you'd care to expand on how Serious Sam advances the important art of gaming narrative, since the "lack of story" seems to be the most compelling missing ingredient in Titanfall.

Oh, so you want some gaming credentials?

First console purchase was an Intellivision, and there have been at least 20 others since then.

Now that your concern over my gaming history has been addressed, perhaps you'd care to expand on how Serious Sam advances the important art of gaming narrative, since the "lack of story" seems to be the most compelling missing ingredient in Titanfall.

God damn, these failed trolled attempts are getting out of hand. They're only getting worse in quality too.

On topic, I was able to price match at Best Buy even though the nearest MS store is like 300 miles away.

God damn, these failed trolled attempts are getting out of hand. They're only getting worse in quality too.

On topic, I was able to price match at Best Buy even though the nearest MS store is like 300 miles away.
Yeah, they've only been getting more and more ridiculous as the generation continues through its opening stages.

I am currently torn...take advantage of these specials, or use the Buy2Get1 deal from Target next week? Thinking of getting Kinect Sports Rivals and PvZ:GW as two of the games, but this sale kind of removes the rest of the likely purchasing targets.

Yeah, they've only been getting more and more ridiculous as the generation continues through its opening stages.

I am currently torn...take advantage of these specials, or use the Buy2Get1 deal from Target next week? Thinking of getting Kinect Sports Rivals and PvZ:GW as two of the games, but this sale kind of removes the rest of the likely purchasing targets.
If you watch AWD you can find a PvZ GW for Xbone for $22-$24. Unless you have to buy it new I would suggest that as isn't rivals $60? That's how I got PvZGW and am extremely happy I did. M$ did crappy job in hyping this game and is really a gem so far as it combines the EA/Bioware "card" upgrades with PvZ. It's amazingly fun and addictive in the same way. You'll rip your hair out trying to get an item from the pack, but keep coming back for more.

That said I do believe next update will probably have micro transactions for coins. Its aching for it the way ME3 did. That and considering all major DLC is supposedly free ala ME3 also.

At least you can play a SP game anytime you want, sit back and enjoy without worrying about scrubs, servers being online, playing with cursing kids, etc. MP only games are "flash-in-the-pans", like junk food. Consume it, crap it out, and forget about it later. Not having ANY kind of offline mode just makes the games very unattractive. And if you don't think this isn't a problem, there are plenty of articles about Titanfalls MP-only restriction hurting sales of the game (and not drawing in more XBone fans, obviously). Just a few examples:

http://business.financialpost.com/2014/03/10/titanfall-is-great-but-probably-not-a-reason-to-choose-the-new-xbox-over-the-playstation-4-like-microsoft-hopes/

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/03/25/titanfall-didnt-save-microsofts-xbox-one.aspx

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/14/the-5-best-and-worst-things-about-titanfall-4566808/

Is it a terrible game? No, I'm not saying that. But being MP-only is a huge downside, particularly for people who just don't care for multiplayer games. Sure Skyrim is SP only, but it has an enormous story mode that can keep you busy for many, many hours, and it doesn't depend on a required online connection to play, and doesn't force you to play with others. I'll take that anyday over these forced MP-only games (PvZ:GW included).

Excerpt from one article:
I wonder if you realize that no one would care or argue with what you said if you had left out "These multiplayer-only titles like Titanfall and PvZ:GW are a complete insult to people who like single player games (like myself)." Your response seems to be defending your rational views rather than your irrational statement.

I wonder if you realize that no one would care or argue with what you said if you had left out "These multiplayer-only titles like Titanfall and PvZ:GW are a complete insult to people who like single player games (like myself)." Your response seems to be defending your rational views rather than your irrational statement.
I admit that might have been a poor way to phrase it. "Insult" is really not what I meant. More appropriately, MP only games are very unappealing and very narrow in scope/playability, for me (and many others). It just reminds me of Microsoft's attempt at making the Bone an "always online", DRM crippled console.

EDIT: And just to be clear, I'm still a huge fan of the OG XBox and the 360, own a bunch of each of those consoles (multiples for backups) and they're among my favorite consoles. The 360 controller is my one of my favorites of any type, much better than the Dualshock 3 (though the DS4 is a really nice improvement). I have literally hundreds of games for both of those as well. I'm not a Microsoft hater in the least, just disappointed in a lot of things they did with the XBox One.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are probably going to dump the Xbox one and come out with their real all digital console come September.
Mine is already all digital. I just don't buy disc based games. It does make it hard to be a CAG though. I sometimes have to buy games on sale and get creative to get the digital version instead.

bread's done
Back