Microsoft Store Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
Microsoft Store Sale
All of the following come with free shipping.
For those lucky enough to have one of the few B&M stores nearby, these prices also ring up automatically in store.

Here's the full sale link

:360: Elder Scrolls V Skyrim $39.99
:360: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon $24.99
:360: Brain and Body Connection (Kinect) $9.99
:360: Armored Core V $39.99
:360: Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition $24.99
:pc: Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition $19.99
:360: Lord of the Rings: War in the North $19.99
:360: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record $19.99
:360: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 $19.99

:360:Halo 4 $59.99 Pre-Order
- Get $25 off your next purchase when you pre-order Halo 4
(Limited time offer valid on eligible products thru 11/5/2012. $25 single use promo code coupon will be delivered via email within 10 days of game release. Offer and promo code not valid on previous orders, cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer or promotion. Online and in-store terms may differ. Promo code may only be used for future online purchase and expires on 12/31/2012. Limit 3 per person)
- Pre-order Halo 4 today and receive the customizable “Pulse” armor skin!
(NOTE: Halo Infinity Multiplayer will revert players to default colors in some competitive modes. Coupon code for "Pulse" armor skin will be delivered via email within 10 days of game release.)

:360:Limited Edition Kinect Star Wars Bundle $399.99

Possible $25 gift card. Take the phone challenge [In Store Only]

Feel free to add more titles from the sale if I didn't list them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kylerg']How do you get them to when it is OOS? I would take a trip if I could do it. (Ohio).[/QUOTE]

I don't think it'll work with a OOS item though. Sorry should have stated that.

Ordered NeverDead and Syndicate from Microsoft, receive a single shipping tracking number and 0.7 pound weight. Suspicions rising.

Receive order today. Syndicate is in the bubble mailer, but no sign of NeverDead.

Call Microsoft.

They ask me to check the package three times for a NeverDead voucher. There is none.

They agree to send another copy out. Now, they are out of stock. I say, "Well, I'll take one of the digital vouchers" before hearing:

"According to our records, this game isn't available via voucher"
(facepalm)

[quote name='Brother Daz']There are some BBY's that are starting to pm online prices.[/QUOTE]In Canada, it's now PM policy as stated on bestbuy.ca.

Here in the US, it's not official policy, though managers always have some latitude on price adjustments to close deals. Some CAGs have it done, other's don't.

In other news, I ordered a copy of Asura's Wrath this morning, since it was the cheapest price I've seen it and it's disappearing out of retail stores due to an apparent low print run. Already have my shipping notification with tracking number.

[quote name='shrike4242']In Canada, it's now PM policy as stated on bestbuy.ca.

Here in the US, it's not official policy, though managers always have some latitude on price adjustments to close deals. Some CAGs have it done, other's don't.

In other news, I ordered a copy of Asura's Wrath this morning, since it was the cheapest price I've seen it and it's disappearing out of retail stores due to an apparent low print run. Already have my shipping notification with tracking number.[/QUOTE]
I haven't read US policy or anything but I've seen Amazon.com as a retailer in the list of retailers to PM in the POS. Pretty interesting, and I've never heard of it being done otherwise in my experience, but like you said, some have done it.

In other news, I pricematched Syndicate at Fry's, so I am a happy camper. :D

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Ordered NeverDead and Syndicate from Microsoft, receive a single shipping tracking number and 0.7 pound weight. Suspicions rising.

Receive order today. Syndicate is in the bubble mailer, but no sign of NeverDead.

Call Microsoft.

They ask me to check the package three times for a NeverDead voucher. There is none.

They agree to send another copy out. Now, they are out of stock. I say, "Well, I'll take one of the digital vouchers" before hearing:

"According to our records, this game isn't available via voucher"
(facepalm)[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. I also got a 0.7 pound weight but I got both games in the same bubble mailer today. Remarkably fast shipping.

[quote name='Aziatic1']Did it work[/QUOTE]

Yea worked for me, needed a manager's approval though

[quote name='kylerg']But they don't PM to online..and we don't have any MS stores near.. :([/QUOTE]

If they give you trouble you could always try the "physical store is too far so I would prefer to buy from you" line. That's what I ended up doing since I live at the far end of NYC and the closest MS store is in New Jersey.

And about the OOS try to see if you have a cached version of the page? Or if someone who printed it out could scan for you? I would have scanned mine for you but threw it away after my purchase.

[quote name='CoruptAI125']Hmmm. I also got a 0.7 pound weight but I got both games in the same bubble mailer today. Remarkably fast shipping.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I'm off today and tomorrow. I could probably fit in some Syndicate time :bouncy:

Listens to the dub-step soundtrack.

Wub-wubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubw.:cool:

Been two days & still no shipping confirmation, now seeing Neverdead not getting shipped for some people. Just waiting for MS to send me an e-mail saying my order has been cancelled. I just dont see it staying "In Process" this long.

[quote name='downsouthtigger']Been two days & still no shipping confirmation, now seeing Neverdead not getting shipped for some people. Just waiting for MS to send me an e-mail saying my order has been cancelled. I just dont see it staying "In Process" this long.[/QUOTE]
I'm also still waiting for shipping confirmation.I chatted with them and asked them why I haven't received a shipping confirmation and all they sent me was my order confirmation again and told me to wait an extra week.This has been the worst experience ever from shopping online.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']I'm also still waiting for shipping confirmation.I chatted with them and asked them why I haven't received a shipping confirmation and all they sent me was my order confirmation again and told me to wait an extra week.This has been the worst experience ever from shopping online.[/QUOTE]

Ever? You apparently haven't shopped with DeepDiscount.com

Either way, it's only $6.99 -- you'll live.

I feel like most of these people that are talking about the shitty shipping probably ordered at the tailend of what stock they had left.

These are probably the same people that in a week will be like, "UGH WASTED 7 BUCKS ON THIS GARBAGE"

Guess I got lucky, both orders I submitted have been shipped by UPS and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow and Monday respectively. Would definitely order from them again. Good luck to those who seem to be having trouble.

[quote name='TheSingingBard']Guess I got lucky, both orders I submitted have been shipped by UPS and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow and Monday respectively. Would definitely order from them again. Good luck to those who seem to be having trouble.[/QUOTE]

Same here, and when I ordered the last sale, I had the same thing happen where it took less than a week after ordering to reach me on the East Coast.

[quote name='TheSingingBard']Guess I got lucky, both orders I submitted have been shipped by UPS and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow and Monday respectively. Would definitely order from them again. Good luck to those who seem to be having trouble.[/QUOTE]

Me 2. Ordered on the 16th and Syndicate was waiting for me yesterday when i got home. Very fast. (Though it did ship from a Ca Warehouse)

[quote name='tuffguycore']I feel like most of these people that are talking about the shitty shipping probably ordered at the tailend of what stock they had left.

These are probably the same people that in a week will be like, "UGH WASTED 7 BUCKS ON THIS GARBAGE"[/QUOTE]

Actually I ordered on Monday in the Morning and I didn't ordered NeverDead I ordered Syndicate.

[quote name='tuffguycore']
These are probably the same people that in a week will be like, "UGH WASTED 7 BUCKS ON THIS GARBAGE"[/QUOTE]

But I want to say that now! I cant wait a week, you know the backlog is still hungry.
Im calling JG Wentworth soon,"Its my game & I want it now!"

[quote name='downsouthtigger']But I want to say that now! I cant wait a week, you know the backlog is still hungry.
Im calling JG Wentworth soon,"Its my game & I want it now!"[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I won't say it for about a year and a half until I finally get around to opening it. Shit, I just opened DNF after everyone was talking about it in that 3 dollar thread(I bought it for 5 right around the new year, I know, 5 whole dollars) and don't hate it.

I think I'm gonna start ordering all the bad games and just assume/hope they get rare since no one wants them now

If you live in the San Diego area, the Fashion Valley store has copies of The Syndicate in the back.

And they have copies of Neverdead in the front, but I would not recommend getting that game.

[quote name='lochdoun']Got my Syndicate, really enjoying it so far.
It's like Deus Ex but far more action oriented and with a L4D style co-op mode.[/QUOTE]

For me, it's nothing like Deus Ex because I hate that game. I'm loving Syndicate so far and can't wait to play co-op.

[quote name='HydroX']Ever? You apparently haven't shopped with DeepDiscount.com

Either way, it's only $6.99 -- you'll live.[/QUOTE]
Seriously, DeepDiscount is a perpetual disappointment. Waiting a week with no shipment confirmation is nothing in comparison.

I just came back from Best Buy and I picked up Kingdoms of Amalur for $10 and thought I would try Price Matching Syndicate to $10 and...... IT WORKED

The cashier didn't even ask for the proof so I got lucky

So im even more impressed with Microsoft I gave them a call and asked them how come my game hasnt shipped since i ordered on monday and she told me that the game is sold out,and i told her if its sold out then why didnt they refund my money and she said to just wait whenever they get more copies they will send me one.Sigh.... Im just so angry at them.

I have yet to receive any update on my order, come Sunday I'll just try to pm at bestbuy. Probably get denied though but it doesn't hurt to try

WTF. I havent used UPS in a long time and now i remember why. They friggin suck. Evidently microsoft uses them. I missed the first delivery attempt so they said they'd deliver it thursday but put no time.. Ok so i make sure im home pretty much all day thursday but have some errands to run early in the morning. Im back home a little past 10am and theres another note on the door saying they missed me. Grrr.. this one says they will deliver it Friday between 2-5pm. I make sure im home by 1:30... NOTE ON THE DAMN DOOR SAYING THEY MISSED ME. I cant belive that crap. I get home half an hour before the window and they already came. Its the 3rd attempt.

I tried calling the number on the back and they said there wasn't much they could do. They sent a note out to the driver to see if it can be delivered today but im not too sure about that. I think the only other option they gave me was to call the MS store i ordered it from and see if they can put a hold on it at the facility before it gets returned to MS, but i think i have to actually drive to pick it up and its like 40 miles away! I may give UPS a call in about an hour or so if i still havent got it or heard back from them to see whats going on.

Anyone know what happens after the 3rd delivery attempt with UPS? I really couldn't understand the guy on the phone very well he had a thick Indian accent. It sounded like the game goes back to Microsoft. Do they send it back out, or just refund my money or what? I really wanted my game and am pretty annoyed that its such a hassle for it to be delivered. I rushed home to make it within the window, got home before it and they still screwed me. Having to sign for a 10 dollar games a bit stupid. Im worried that if i dont call MS and have them hold it today I may lose my game and just be refunded. How does this work? Like i said i called the UPS number but couldn't really understand the gu ythat was helping me so im hoping someones had experience witht his before. I almost think the guy i was talking to was just trying to pass me off.. he said they would call me back by 8pm but they stop deliveries/service by 7pm.. soo.. wtf?

^_^x KD

[quote name='Kenshindono']
Anyone know what happens after the 3rd delivery attempt with UPS? [/QUOTE]

There should be a number on the slip the driver left, as well as instructions. You'll have to drive out to the UPS facility (they should tell you which location). They'll hold it for several days (I don't recall how many it is, I want to say 10).

And I know the frustration. I used to live in an older apartment building with a common foyer and not much room to leave packages, so the driver would always leave an attempted delivery notice. Eventually I'd have to drive about 20 miles roundtrip to pick up anything that shipped to me via UPS. USPS was much easier because my local PO was only a mile away.

Finally ordered Wrath.

What's with the UPS banter -- does M'soft Store require a signature for all UPS deliveries?

(I'm AMZN Prime and I never need to be home/sig.)

[quote name='eLefAdEr']There should be a number on the slip the driver left, as well as instructions. You'll have to drive out to the UPS facility (they should tell you which location). They'll hold it for several days (I don't recall how many it is, I want to say 10).

And I know the frustration. I used to live in an older apartment building with a common foyer and not much room to leave packages, so the driver would always leave an attempted delivery notice. Eventually I'd have to drive about 20 miles roundtrip to pick up anything that shipped to me via UPS. USPS was much easier because my local PO was only a mile away.[/QUOTE]

Like i said, i called the number as soon as i got home but had a very hard time understanding the guys accent, so i was wondering if anyone here had experience with this. The way he made it sound was that I had to call the seller and have THEM put a hold on it at the UPS facility, or it goes back to the seller. Is that right?. I better call them here soon if i dont see it since i think they close at 7pm. This is a huge hassle, and all because they did not deliver it within the window they said they would. I arrived half an hour before the earliest time noted and it was already there, grrr

I just dont want it to go back to MS and them to refund my money since theyre sold out of the game now and i cant get it again. I also dont want to drive like 40 miles to pick the damn thing up either. If they say theyre gonna deliver it between 2-5pm there shouldn't be a 'sorry we missed you' note on the door when you get home at 1:30

[quote name='blinknot4']Finally ordered Wrath. $

What's with the UPS banter -- does M'soft Store require a signature for all UPS deliveries?$

(I'm AMZN Prime and I never need to be home/sig.)[/QUOTE]

evidently. Which surprises me. A signature for a 10 dollar game? wtf?

*edit* hah was going through my mail and see an email from the microsoft store asking how the experience/service was.. i think im gonna take a few minutes to fill that out ;P

^_^x KD

[quote name='Kenshindono']The way he made it sound was that I had to call the seller and have THEM put a hold on it at the UPS facility, or it goes back to the seller. Is that right?
[/QUOTE]

It's been many years since I've had it happen to me, but that doesn't sound right at all. Maybe someone else has had more recent dealings but I would end up calling the number and getting a robot on the other end, input the tracking info, and it would tell me where to pick up the package and what the deadline was before it was returned to the sender.

got them to deliver it today luckily.. still not sure what would have happened if i hadn't dont that though. Just a warning to those ordering from here, they use UPS which is a pain

^_^x KD

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']So im even more impressed with Microsoft I gave them a call and asked them how come my game hasnt shipped since i ordered on monday and she told me that the game is sold out,and i told her if its sold out then why didnt they refund my money and she said to just wait whenever they get more copies they will send me one.Sigh.... Im just so angry at them.[/QUOTE]

Lol wut? I know they want their money but really? Still nothing here either, but damn thats just stupid. So if they never get more stock in then what? God just so glad I didnt use real money to get this game, even though I know its only

Does anyone recommend Asura's wrath for 25 bucks? I'm so tempted to get it at that price, but my inner cheapness is telling me to wait for maybe a cheaper deal in the near future. :whistle2:k:whistle2:k

[quote name='downsouthtigger']Lol wut? I know they want their money but really? Still nothing here either, but damn thats just stupid. So if they never get more stock in then what? God just so glad I didnt use real money to get this game, even though I know its only

[quote name='DojimaDragon']Does anyone recommend Asura's wrath for 25 bucks? I'm so tempted to get it at that price, but my inner cheapness is telling me to wait for maybe a cheaper deal in the near future. :whistle2:k:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I picked it up since another CAG mentioned the low print run, sure enough I went looking around and the price is not under $35...anywhere. (even with sales some places have with 30% off you'd still score it for $26 shipped.

Went looking for answers and ended up at neogaf, they speculate that Capcom did a small print run and the game will more than likely go back up (due to rarity) before it goes down in price.

As far as recommendation, they say if you like DBZ anime, and over the top action scenes you will like it since you watch it quite a bit instead of playing and the end game DLC is mandatory, but worth every penny to see how it ends, but it was a most satisfying conclusion. (the rest you can take or leave as you see fit)

So if you're mildly interested I'd take a chance, if you can stomach paying $25-26 shipped, if the rumors of a tiny print run are true the only place you might score a decent price is Gamefly, and then only if you luck out and get it when it would come up, otherwise so far this is your best bet.

Take that for what it's worth.

[quote name='snky_pete']Does anyone know if Best Buy will price match the $9.99 price point for Syndicate if it is OOS?[/QUOTE]

Came here to ask basically the same thing. BB or anyone else. Still starving for a $10 Syndicate.

Was nearby a Microsoft Store today, took a chance, they had 2 copies of Syndicate left, guy already knew the deal with its price and it was already in system as $9.99 (no need to price match website). Lucky me, because I ran into a CAG who told me they refused to price match the website price for him like a day or 2 prior.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Was nearby a Microsoft Store today, took a chance, they had 2 copies of Syndicate left, guy already knew the deal with its price and it was already in system as $9.99 (no need to price match website). Lucky me, because I ran into a CAG who told me they refused to price match the website price for him like a day or 2 prior.[/QUOTE]
Strange. I bought three games including Syndicate on day 1 of the sale and they rang up at the sale prices automatically. Did he just ask if they'd price match the site or did he try having them ring it up?

[quote name='jdawgg76']Strange. I bought three games including Syndicate on day 1 of the sale and they rang up at the sale prices automatically. Did he just ask if they'd price match the site or did he try having them ring it up?[/QUOTE]
No idea, only talked to him briefly; ran into him at Best Buy looking for Assassin's Creed Revelations. There wasn't any copies out, but luckily I happen to find 2x hidden behind some Assassin's Creed Brotherhoods :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back