Microsoft Wireless 360 Mic is the worst product of this Generation of Consoles

Poor2More

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I bought 2 different white wireless mics, and they both are broke, 120 dollars later. One lasted 3 months, and another lasted 8 days. Im so pissed, and MS will not help me out. I WAS a big supporter of Xbox360 but after this I am lead to believe MS has the most problematic items.I was wondering is their anyway to fix this Mic.

Problem- It just shut off, and I put it on the charger and it wont charge at all, and none of the lights will come on at all. I do not have a receipt

I have the green Halo 3 version and it works great. Ive read that the white version has issues, but the green halo one works better.

Once in a while it will start acting weird if I keep it muted for too long while playing CoD4, but it's never had an issue with charging or anything.

[quote name='Poor2More']I bought 2 different white wireless mics, and they both are broke, 120 dollars later. One lasted 3 months, and another lasted 8 days. Im so pissed, and MS will not help me out. I WAS a big supporter of Xbox360 but after this I am lead to believe MS has the most problematic items.I was wondering is their anyway to fix this Mic.

Problem- It just shut off, and I put it on the charger and it wont charge at all, and none of the lights will come on at all. I do not have a receipt[/quote]

Can't you just take the newest broken one back and exchange it?

Ive had mine for awhile now and I have had no problems with it. I do agree that I have seen alot of people complain about problems with them.

[quote name='Poor2More']I wish, no receipt[/quote]

If you fight the cause, you could win.

I actually have 2 wireless mics, both white ones, and they work fine. I guess I'm lucky. But at some points, I did have minor issues on charging them. Now, I am fine. They are nice if you get it to work.

No wai PS3 and Wii are the worst gaming product this generation! ;)

Did you buy either on a credit card? I know there are some things you can do with those or even maybe get a copy of transactions.

I thought the new Halo 3 headsets had no issues but apparently theres a post or two there about them having issues to, as one guy said he called Bungie.

This makes me concerned because I was going to grab a Halo 3 headset off of eBay but I'll have no warranty whatsoever.

The OG XBox had no problems with any of my friends and this makes me very concerned that not only does the 360 have problems, but their accessories do as well.

The title seems a bit harsh...I seriously doubt it's the worst product...

Besides I've used my Halo 3 one and I haven't had anything go wrong.

Uh I have had one since they came out as well. When it first came out it had some problems where it would make a static noise that everyone else talking to you would hear. Turning the mic off and then back on would fix it temporarily.

Now the mix works perfect and it has been for a very long time. So eh maybe yours is defective or something.

Funny, I've had problems with the wired headsets... been through 10 of them in 2 years.

Got a Halo wireless headset (they're "tweaked" over the original white one) and have had no problems, way cleaner sound, for 4 months now. There's been a lot of 50% off sales on it, recently, too. Not bad for $30.

i had a white one that i picked up for clan matches it lasted one month then died the only reason my wired one died was because my new puppy got hungry. now i have a nyko camo wired headset and it works great.

[quote name='mike.m']The lesson to be learned here is, save your receipt. :roll:[/QUOTE]

This.

No reciept? Tough shit. Lesson learned.

How the fuck do you lose a receipt over the course of a week? Did you not buy it from a store?

[quote name='Razzuel']Uh I have had one since they came out as well. When it first came out it had some problems where it would make a static noise that everyone else talking to you would hear. Turning the mic off and then back on would fix it temporarily.

Now the mix works perfect and it has been for a very long time. So eh maybe yours is defective or something.[/quote]

the static you hear is from nearby radio waves, if you have a cell phone nearby and you hear a static noise or a weird noise coming from any electronic sound device, its because your cell phone is synching up to the satellite to tell it where it is, location and like zone and other things that way it can keep its signal up.

[quote name='Poor2More']I wish, no receipt[/QUOTE]
I would say you've learned a life lesson then. If you can't afford to take $60 cash and throw it in the garbage, why would you treat a $60 receipt any less carefully?

Seriously, how is this the worst product this gen. of consoles? Sure, the first "gen" of these mics were really bad, but i have the Halo 3 Edish and love it. Do some research, and hold on to receipts for your accessories/purchases in general.

I bought the Halo 3 one. I thought it was a piece of crap - the sound was bad, I had to yell for it to pick up my voice, even with all the settings turned up.

Sold it on ebay and got a wired headset.

I've got a white one and it works fantastic no issues at all with it except when I let the battery run out of charge like a moron.

Microsoft just sucks at making hardware of any kind and has seemingly no process or procedure set up to handle product defects until they get big enough to generate the interest of the top brass. I would bet that RROD excluded their failure rate on all of their hardware is at least 3X the average for consumer electronics.

They also continuously make slight modifications to their core hardware and software and do not have proper testing procedures established to make sure they're testing new products against older versions. See the original wireless mic and Bully as very public examples of this.

I think the lesson to be learned here is that if you're not willing to pay the price for a Microsoft product + cost of an additional warranty, then don't buy the Microsoft product. And if you don't have the option of getting a warranty, you're assuming 3X the risk of any other electronics product without any benefit to you.

[quote name='jkanownik']Microsoft just sucks at making hardware of any kind and has seemingly no process or procedure set up to handle product defects until they get big enough to generate the interest of the top brass. I would bet that RROD excluded their failure rate on all of their hardware is at least 3X the average for consumer electronics.

They also continuously make slight modifications to their core hardware and software and do not have proper testing procedures established to make sure they're testing new products against older versions. See the original wireless mic and Bully as very public examples of this.

I think the lesson to be learned here is that if you're not willing to pay the price for a Microsoft product + cost of an additional warranty, then don't buy the Microsoft product. And if you don't have the option of getting a warranty, you're assuming 3X the risk of any other electronics product without any benefit to you.[/QUOTE]

In what way did Microsoft have the responsibility to make sure Bully was fully tested? Wouldn't that be Rockstar's fault?

[quote name='mogshaz']In what way did Microsoft have the responsibility to make sure Bully was fully tested? Wouldn't that be Rockstar's fault?[/quote]

Only if the differences in the hardware were communicated to Rockstar. Even then it would be a horrible use of resources for each developer to be running testing and identitifying the differences between the different hardware configs versus Microsoft handling it centrally as part of their own approval process.

This thread is completely ridiculous.
Clearly the Xbox 360 itself is the worst made product of this generation. ;)

[quote name='jkanownik']Only if the differences in the hardware were communicated to Rockstar. Even then it would be a horrible use of resources for each developer to be running testing and identitifying the differences between the different hardware configs versus Microsoft handling it centrally as part of their own approval process.[/QUOTE]

eh, I don't want to keep going off topic so, we can agree That you believe Rockstar shouldn't actually have to Test the game they are creating then distributing, and then when there is a problem with it they can then blame Microsoft for it. While I disagree with that.

bread's done
Back