Midnight launch for Wii at my Eb games

hfdpro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just got back from the mall where my local Eb games is located. The manager told me as I was walking in that there would be a midnight launch for the Wii at his store. Might be very YMMV, but worth asking about. Store is in Washington County , Maryland.

Hell I nearly find this as a given for cool new stuff and not just new systems. I know I seen my local Hastings do a midnight launch of Madden the last two years.

I think they are all doing this. So far, I have mainly seen it billed as a midnight Zelda Launch, but they'll be selling the systems (to the people with pre-orders) as well.

My store doubts they'll be doing it since when they did a midnight Madden launch the mall saw fit to charge both stores (there's an eb and gamestop) for being open late even though they're one company - the mall charges extra for hours before or after mall norm - which is particularly beat.

I should call the one I preordered at. Hopefully I can wait at WalMart next store and get one at midnight, and then head over to grab my preorder there and have two in the event a CAGer can't get ahold of one before Christmas.

I dobut my store will do it, but I really dont' care much as I probably won't play it until Sunday afternoon either way.

I asked the first employee I saw in the store that I preordered from if they were doing a midnight release and he told me no. Then the employee who was actually there for the preorders said that they were doing a midnight release and showed me their count-down clock.

One of the employees told me he was 98% sure they would be doing a midnight launch for both. But he got no info on either yet. Still doesn't even know the guaranteed allocations yet.

The manager at the EB that I pre-ordered from (Lincoln, NE) said that they are doing a midnight launch, but he said if you don't have a pre-order, don't bother showing up at all because they aren't serving any non-preorder customers until regular opening time.

We might be, then again we might be doing an employee late night launch. We are probably doing one for FFXII and Gears, so who knows if we are doing one.

[quote name='ShimSham']Mine's not because mall secuity is too expensive for the store... :([/quote]

You could always offer to do some pro bono security work for them...

I have to visit my local EB and see if they are doing a midnight launch. We are still in a small town so I'm not sure.

I could be a real geek and do a podcast for work from there.

bread's done
Back