Feedback
2 (100%)
Mighty Muggs info thread:
Why? Because they are awesome

Target:
9.99 (not on website)

Toys R Us:
10.49 (
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=mighty%20muggs&origkw=Mighty%20muggs&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1) I have found them to have the biggest amount, and rarer ones of most of the stores

Wal-Mart:
9.98 (Not online?) Maybe some clearance ones?

Hasbro Store:
Price varies
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/SearchResults.htm?PG=1&CDT=1218299435
also offer rare and limited Muggs.

Borders: 19.99 (Not online) Pricing is steep, but don't forget some coupons can bring the price down on some rare older ones (I saw Vemon last week) Coupons--
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177479

Cool Mighty Muggs Blog:

http://mightymuggslounge.blogspot.com/

News

Marvel Wave 3 spotted in-stores.

HAS15331.jpg

LinkinPrime's collection:

mmgsji4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, with 20% off, it comes to about the same price as finding them in stores... basically pays for the shipping. ordered the whole set! hopefully i don't get any bad paint jobs.

Yesterday at the Toys R Us in Pittsburg CA, we got a few boxes of the Marvel Mighty Muggs, but they haven't been put up on the floor yet. I only know that we have a ton of the Star Wars kind.

Hey guys, sorry if this has been coevered, but I'm not really in the loop living in Japan and all.
I'd be interested in getting the G.I. Joe and Transformers ones.
After a look around on ebay, it seems that the Joes are out, but how about the Transformers?
Any idea when those come out?
Unfortunately I'm sure I'll have to spend as much on shipping as the Muggs themselves, but it's the curse of living overseas I guess.

[quote name='Vader582']Saw this while in a Target today:

So those interested should keep their eyes open in their local Targets.[/quote]

O.O i will definatley have to look ;)

[quote name='Vader582']Saw this while in a Target today:

So those interested should keep their eyes open in their local Targets.[/quote]

I saw that the Indy line is being clearanced at my Target

[quote name='dv8mad']Hey guys, sorry if this has been coevered, but I'm not really in the loop living in Japan and all.
I'd be interested in getting the G.I. Joe and Transformers ones.
After a look around on ebay, it seems that the Joes are out, but how about the Transformers?
Any idea when those come out?
Unfortunately I'm sure I'll have to spend as much on shipping as the Muggs themselves, but it's the curse of living overseas I guess.[/QUOTE]

those 2 lines are the ones that aren't out yet. the gi joe ones should be showing up any time now... supposed to be out mid-november. the transformers ones are not until next year though, around february or march, a few months before the new movie hits.

and i spotted clearance indy muggs at my target too, for $5.48 i think it was. they only had mola ram and cairo swordsman though.

I just got an email from the store i preordered the Previews exclusive Marvel Mighty Muggs (Red Skull & Thanos) saying that they received them and are in route to me. I can't wait.

[quote name='DocRamon']those 2 lines are the ones that aren't out yet. the gi joe ones should be showing up any time now... supposed to be out mid-november. the transformers ones are not until next year though, around february or march, a few months before the new movie hits.

and i spotted clearance indy muggs at my target too, for $5.48 i think it was. they only had mola ram and cairo swordsman though.[/quote]

I see. Thanks for the thorough response! :applause:
Now I'll have to determine if it's best to get the Joes soon and the TFs later or to hold out for combinrd shipping and hope the Joes are still available when the TFs release...
:roll:

yeah, tough call. i personally would rather be safe and go ahead and get them while you're sure that you can. i could easily see some of the more popular characters (especially snake eyes) selling out fast and getting hard to find, while the shelves are filled with dukes. but given that we have a joe movie coming out in the summer, i could also see hasbro ramping up production and/or re-releasing things in hopes of banking on the movie-generated demand.

I thought the Transformers were coming out this month and GI Joe was next year?

Anyway, I got Wave 2 of Indy Muggs at Walmart.com!

I bought a cairo swordman on clearence, to test out paints on, but he looks so psycho I can't do it, for fear he will kill me in my sleep.

I found a KB Toys near my college! I went in today on the Mugg Hunt and found that they had two sets of the Count Dooku wave on display and they were on sale for 9.99 marked down from 12.99 or so. I almost picked up Assaji Ventress or whatever her name is, but I don't like the way she looked. Too weird for me. Hopefully I'll find Plo Koon soon.

picked up a Cairo Swordsman for $5.48 at Target today! Sadly, it's the only Indy Mugg they had (and the one I wanted the least). It wasn't marked clearance, but rang up that way. So if you've got any in your store be sure to price check 'em.

I picked up Admiral Ackbar and Shadow Trooper at a local comic store today. They had Thanos, but I passed. No real markup on the exclusives 14.99 each.

My Admiral Ackbar and shadow stormtrooper arrived from bbts yesterday and they are really sweet. I'm happy I decided to order them.

I picked up Red Skull at my LCS, they wanted $20 for it but since its pretty much the only comic shop around I just had to bite the bullet on it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I gotta check the local comic store then...I really want the Black Stormtrooper...tempted to even trade one for a CC Iron Man.[/quote]

Shadow Trooper. I might have a few extras. Have to see though ;)

[quote name='gothamcentral79']Yep my two Previews Exclusives (Red Skull & Thanos) arrived in the mail yesterday.[/quote]

Got my Thanos too. Kinda wish he came with a mini Infinity Gauntlet, but I like it all the same. Does Red Skull come with anything?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']How much?[/quote]

I have to see how many I have left over after distributing some to friends and what not. I will let you know.

Worth Mentioning - the new Marvel wave is for order on HasbroToyShop.com with a shipping date of November 24. Might give us an idea of when to start hunting for the new muggs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cairo Swordman was down to 2.74 at my target. Thought i got the last one last time, luckily I didn't. I got this one to test paints on. The other was too awesomely psycho looking to paint on.

I know it's been said before, but watch the paint jobs on some of these new muggs. I was at Toys R us today (2 of which seemed incredibly well stocked on ... well, just about everything ... so might wanna check your own) and picked up the new Vader mugg.

Hopped in the car and looked at it only to realize it had an extreme lazy eye ... in the sense that one eye was nearly above the mouth. Luckily another Toys R Us had a less ... unique ... paint job. Just a word of warning ... the other figures in the line up looked good ... but I'm saving my pennies ...

Stopped by a Target tonight and they raised the price of all MMs to $12.09. Even the clearanced Indy line was at this price. :whistle2:s

Target - $9.99 -> $10.99 -> $12.09 :bomb:

[quote name='yukafls']I think I might sell some of mine[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking, last Mugg I bought I didn't even open, that was weeks ago. I have almost all of them but at this point they are releasing a lot of garbage (newest Star Wars line, Clone Wars, last wave of Marvels, etc) and I really don't care to collect a bunch of stuff I really don't even want now.

[quote name='FluxDF']I know they're released this month, but what is the street date for the G.I.Joe line?[/QUOTE]

these guys don't have street dates like video games or movies or things. they just kinda show up whenever hasbro gets around to shipping them out. i've heard they ship new stuff in the middle of the month, and it winds up in stores around the end of the target month... but i honestly can't say that i've noticed that trend myself.

the good news for gi joe muggs is that an online retailer (bbts) has already started shipping the next round of star wars muggs, and those weren't supposed to be out until december. and hasbro is shipping the next round of marvel muggs from their own site on 11/24. with both of these on or ahead of schedule, i'd imagine that we'll be seeing the joes soon. the bad news is that stuff usually appears in-hand on ebay before it finds its way to shelves... and that hasn't happened yet with anything gi joe.

you're in dallas? i'm in north richland hills. i'll let ya know if i find anything in our area.

[quote name='Cmosfm']at this point they are releasing a lot of garbage[/QUOTE]

:( call me a star wars geek, but i've really been loving the latest bunch of stuff, except for the new vader. tarkn is great, ackbar is the best (i often wave it around saying "it's a trap!") and the shadowtrooper is way better than i'd ever expected it to be. the same with the new marvel stuff... red skull is awesome and i'm really excited to get vision.

[quote name='DocRamon']:( call me a star wars geek, but i've really been loving the latest bunch of stuff, except for the new vader. tarkn is great, ackbar is the best (i often wave it around saying "it's a trap!") and the shadowtrooper is way better than i'd ever expected it to be. the same with the new marvel stuff... red skull is awesome and i'm really excited to get vision.[/QUOTE]

Thing is, I'm not, I'm a "main characters" Star Wars fan and a very minimal Marvel fan, hell, I couldn't even tell you where Red Skull is from, same with the Shadowtrooper.

Anyway, the only new Star Wars character that I like is Plo Koon and I don't even know who he is.

Also, I'd really love Ackbar, but 25 +/- for it is just out of my range I'm willing to pay.

I think I will no longer be buying any of these. The prices keep going up and they aren't hard to find around here so there is no fun in hunting them down. Oh well it was fun for the few weeks it lasted.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I think I will no longer be buying any of these. The prices keep going up and they aren't hard to find around here so there is no fun in hunting them down. Oh well it was fun for the few weeks it lasted.[/QUOTE]

Opposite for me, every single store around here hasn't had anything new in MONTHS. Honestly out of TRU, Target & 3 Wal-Marts I haven't seen a single new Mugg. Same old stuff, Toys R Us has 5 Spider-Man and 5 Wolverine and it's been like that ever since I started collecting and I'm at the point where this hobby isn't even remotely fun anymore. I'll keep what I like and dump the rest on ebay or something. :/

Sounds like a few of you are having a moment of clarity. Stick with that feeling. It leads to less regret and wasted money down the line. Fortunately eBay is still a friend, back in the day I had to sell my unwanted stuff at garage sales/flea markets.

My collection will be complete when I get Soundwave.

Iron Man & Soundwave = complete.

bread's done
Back