Feedback
2 (100%)
Mighty Muggs info thread:
Why? Because they are awesome

Target:
9.99 (not on website)

Toys R Us:
10.49 (
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=mighty%20muggs&origkw=Mighty%20muggs&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1) I have found them to have the biggest amount, and rarer ones of most of the stores

Wal-Mart:
9.98 (Not online?) Maybe some clearance ones?

Hasbro Store:
Price varies
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/SearchResults.htm?PG=1&CDT=1218299435
also offer rare and limited Muggs.

Borders: 19.99 (Not online) Pricing is steep, but don't forget some coupons can bring the price down on some rare older ones (I saw Vemon last week) Coupons--
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177479

Cool Mighty Muggs Blog:

http://mightymuggslounge.blogspot.com/

News

Marvel Wave 3 spotted in-stores.

HAS15331.jpg

LinkinPrime's collection:

mmgsji4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cmosfm']Thing is, I'm not, I'm a "main characters" Star Wars fan and a very minimal Marvel fan, hell, I couldn't even tell you where Red Skull is from, same with the Shadowtrooper. Anyway, the only new Star Wars character that I like is Plo Koon and I don't even know who he is.[/QUOTE]

yeah... collecting these definitely isn't for you.

to collect a toy line, especially a star wars line, you have to be a BIG fan of the material. hasbro's star wars stuff, perhaps more than any other toy, is all about one-shot characters and fan favorites and things only an uber-geek would be able to enjoy. a casual fan (such as yourself?) can pick up stuff here and there, but to really COLLECT it, you gotta love it... all of it... even jar jar binks.

another good example... i also have a complete set of the simpsons world of springfield figures. this thing is over 200 figures total... and playsets! casual fans only cared about the family and a few of the more popular supporting characters, and they were all released a couple times over to appeal to that crowd. hell, a line of simpsons figures without, say, marge would just be incomplete and worthless. and i like all of my marges, but she was a given when the line started. i knew she'd be there. as a BIG simpsons fan, the stuff that's really exciting are the random one-shot figures i never expected to see made into a toy... like hank scorpio or frank grimes or lucy lawless as xena. if you missed that episode, you have no idea who the figure is. but as a fan, i LOVE it.

this is just a long, drawn-out way of saying... if you don't know who red skull is, you REALLY shouldn't be "collecting" a marvel line of anything. same with plo koon and star wars.

but you seem kinda frustrated by the fact that you have all these figures and now... don't want them. don't be. just be glad you're stopping now and not a year from now.

hang on to the ones you like, and stick around for the day that hasbro announces more that you'll like. just because you buy one, doesn't mean you have to "collect" them. :)

I completely stopped buying and searching for any muggs. But I do think once I see that soundwave and optimus prime im back in.

for those who still care... rumblings from other boards...

the newest marvel muggs (ultimate captain america, mark I iron man, vision, skrull) have been found at walmarts pretty much everywhere.

the newest star wars muggs (darth revan and shirtless darth maul) have been found at urban outfitters in california.

the gi joe muggs (duke, snake eyes, cobra commander, storm shadow) have been found at urban outfitters in california.

[quote name='DocRamon']for those who still care... rumblings from other boards...

the newest marvel muggs (ultimate captain america, mark I iron man, vision, skrull) have been found at walmarts pretty much everywhere.

the newest star wars muggs (darth revan and shirtless darth maul) have been found at urban outfitters in california.

the gi joe muggs (duke, snake eyes, cobra commander, storm shadow) have been found at urban outfitters in california.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up.

Picked up the Thing at Walmart. Printed the TRU coupon hoping for a good find there but they still have the same MMs. No sign of anything new in my area.

Last night, I finally found and picked up Hoth Han Solo, Tarkin and Maskless Darth Vader. No Plo Koon sighting yet much less Darth Revan and shirt-less Maul.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Is Venom reprint ever going to be released?[/QUOTE]

i had my doubts once too, but now i think it will be, eventually... i've started seeing a lot of other re-releases at stores, particularly walmart. thing, dr doom, iron man... seems like they're everywhere now.

although, if you have an urban outfitters nearby, they seem to have a bunch of venoms for $20ish

Has anyone seen Punisher yet?? Thought this was supposed to be out at ToysRus the same time Galactus and Silver Surfer were. Or will it be out during the movie in December

If anyone is looking for any particular Muggs from the four waves of Star Wars & Marvel, as well as any Indiana Jones, I'm going to be selling off my "opened, displayed, box stored away" collection as I hope to recoup most of the money I've put into it because this hobby just isn't for me. I've got almost all of them. As for Venom though, I'll be putting him on ebay. Sorry guys.

Anyway. feel free to PM me.

EDIT: I also have an unopened Fertility God & Dr. Doom, DD was the last mugg I bought that made me realize I was just not "into it" like I was originally. I left him sit in the box for 2 weeks before I realized "I forgot all about him, and I also haven't been looking for new ones". That's when I called it quits.

[quote name='emg28']Last night, I finally found and picked up Hoth Han Solo, Tarkin and Maskless Darth Vader. No Plo Koon sighting yet much less Darth Revan and shirt-less Maul.[/quote]

I haven't seen either of these waves at any of the stores around me. This lack of muggs to go hunting for is draining me of my desire to put the money and time into getting them.

[quote name='tinman_licks']Has anyone seen Punisher yet?? Thought this was supposed to be out at ToysRus the same time Galactus and Silver Surfer were. Or will it be out during the movie in December[/quote]

Nope i've been checking the toysrus website every few days for Punisher and Jigsaw and haven't seen anything yet.

I picked up 3 of the new Marvel wave at walmart this week (Ult. Cap, Vision and Skrull) now just need Silver Iron Man and i'll have the whole marvel collection so far.

Last night, I picked up a Plo Koon at Target. I had found one before but it had a bad paint job.

Looks like alot of CAGs have lost interest in MMs. Maybe they are waiting for the new waves/lines to come out.

I like the Marvel Muggs, but I don't collect them because I came into the game late and dont want to put forth the effort. I'm getting in on the ground level with the Joe's and Transformers though.

it's really not much effort catching up. i started just as the last star wars wave hit (anakin, dooku, rex and ventress) and managed to catch up, all muggs, in about a month. and i didn't buy a single one off of ebay or anything. i managed to find them all from b&m stores, online retailers, or trades with people on here.

with re-releases and the overall niche market that these guys fall into (part of the reason i'm thinking that so many people are bailing), it's pretty easy to jump in, even this late in the game.

I've got Muggs in the first three Marvel waves, unopened and MIB for sale. I'll make a good deal for anyone looking to buy all 12 at once. I'll make a decent deal for anyone looking to buy a wave of 4. If interested, PM me an offer.

I got the SDCC Iron Man yesterday as a late birthday present from a friend which was great because I got him Darth Vader for his birthday a few months ago. And I just came back from Wal-Mart where I picked up a Skrull from the new wave. They had the whole wave, but I figured that I'd save those for my Christmas list.

[quote name='twanky']Anyone want to sell me the earlier captain america? i can't find that mofo anywhere.[/quote]

I will sell you a mola ram

What's the deal with Luke Skywalker?
I saw one today that looked like he got punched in the eye.

Also, the G.I. Joe wave should be in stores now?
Totally interested in them.

that's bespin luke, from the end of empire strikes back. different outfit, battle damaged, and his hand comes off.

and people have seen joes at urban outfitters, but they're overpriced compared to other stores. should be everywhere... well, i would thought by now, but definitely by christmas, i'd think.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']Are there any harder to find one besides Venom?
And apparently the G.I. Joes. Only cause I want them.[/quote]

Pirate Venom and Hibernating Wolverine.

The pirate venom basically has one eye only and of course the hibernating wolverine has no eyes at all.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Pirate Venom and Hibernating Wolverine.

The pirate venom basically has one eye only and of course the hibernating wolverine has no eyes at all.[/quote]
I love the hibernating Wolverine, hes so cute. With his Bamf doll and how you can make him suck his thumb. It's so great.

HasbroToyShop.com has Darth Maul (Shirtless) & Darth Revan in stock...as well as Skrull from Marvel. Use code HOLIDAY25 to get 25% off your order.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']HasbroToyShop.com has Darth Maul (Shirtless) & Darth Revan in stock...as well as Skrull from Marvel. Use code HOLIDAY25 to get 25% off your order.[/QUOTE]

STOP IT I NEED TO SAVE MONEY! Thanks.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']I bought my first mugg today.
Lando is the shit what can I say.

I was hoping my first would be with G.I. Joe.[/QUOTE]

nice to see someone JOINING the mugg collecting instead of dropping it. welcome aboard! lando is one of my faves. great place to start!

for anyone who didn't pre-order, if anyone is interested, the short round and sallah set are listed as in stock at entertainment earth. they're exclusives, so you gotta get them there. not a great set, i think, but probably the last indy muggs and online only, so likely harder to find down the line.

[quote name='FluxDF']Has anyone seen G.I. Joe in the wild? I pre-ordered from BBTS, but no dice. Did they get delayed?[/quote]

Tons of GI Joe are in stock at Urban Outfitters in Berkeley, CA.

Actually stopped by the local UO today in search of Joes. I'm in Michigan though, so none to be found. They did have a healthy stock of Star Wars and Marvels, including a few venoms. Of course, they were at the $20 price - which as a cheapass, I'm not willing to pay for one.

Thanks for the Hasbro code! I'm only collecting the Marvel one's and the only one i'm missing is Silver Iron Man which is unfortunately out of stock. I did pick up the blank black and white muggs though just because i think they look cool.

Does anyone have any good locations for finding the new Iron Man? I've been too at least 20 different targets/walmarts in the last few weeks and have only found two stores that even had any of the new wave and none had Iron Man.

[quote name='brighenne']Tons of GI Joe are in stock at Urban Outfitters in Berkeley, CA.[/quote]

Well what the fuck? Where's my pre-order?

[quote name='gothamcentral79']Thanks for the Hasbro code! I'm only collecting the Marvel one's and the only one i'm missing is Silver Iron Man which is unfortunately out of stock. I did pick up the blank black and white muggs though just because i think they look cool.

Does anyone have any good locations for finding the new Iron Man? I've been too at least 20 different targets/walmarts in the last few weeks and have only found two stores that even had any of the new wave and none had Iron Man.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i don't know what's up with iron man. i've only seen the wave at walmarts, and at first i had the same problem. i'd go places and find everyone but him. but i've since found one, and over the past few days have started seeing him at walmarts as well. and even then... it tends to be 2 or 3 each of skrulls, captains and visions... and 1 iron man.

keep checking walmarts, and if you haven't already and want to, buy up the rest of the wave. it'll force them to restock... hopefully this time with a case that has iron man in it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I totally want Darth Revan still...didn't want to spend $16 on HSTS even w/25% off. I'm hoping I get lucky and spot it in a store soon.[/quote]He's my new fav one of them all, mostly because I'm partial to KotOR, and because he's badass holding two lightsabers (comes with one, but I had to let him dual-wield).

[quote name='munch']Wait, there's Darth Revan, like from KOTOR?[/quote]Yes, I couldn't believe my eyes when they announced it way back when :cool:

MMRevan.jpg

Woo hoo my wife came home today and surprised me with the Silver Iron Man. So now I have every Marvel Mighty Mugg. I find it funny that i've went to over 10 different walmarts (i'm a truck driver so i stop in if i see one) looking for the new Iron Man with no luck but my wife finds one at the walmart a block from our house.

bread's done
Back