MIghty no. 9 Signature edition 47.99 (Amazon prime discount shown in cart)

I cancelled my copies a few days ago, and when reading around, it appears many more have done the same. Did they ever announce what the qty amounts would be?

Cancelled my copy as well... all the positive hype this game had is long gone. 

Granted, it might still be an amazing game, but I'm not taking any chances. 

Last edited by a moderator:
crap

forgot I ordered this at best buy.

seems like I'm too late, it is preparing for shipment/can't be canceled.

I like how, anyone this game is posted for pre-order, it just acts as a reminder for people cancel their already existing pre-order. 

Cancelled mine lol. For something that was susposed to be so limited and numbered to come back in stock the weekend before release after having more and more gameplay videos posted, that can't be a good sign.

I'll hope for a price drop on this, or wait for the Standard to tank in price

I mostly wanted the little art book, and I figured the "limited" nature of the figure would be cool, but as stated, it's not looking to limited.

Since the art book is included with the standard game as well, I'll hopefully be able to get it cheap at some point down the road with the that or the LE set, whichever gets lower first.

Crap, forgot to cancel mine from BB. I guess I'll be taking it back to the store once it arrives. 

It's too bad; this game looked so promising a year ago. Now, I'll be shocked if it's any good at all.

Noooo.... there are a few unboxings on youtube and you posted the one of the most annoying ones. I can't watch his videos.
I didn't even listen to him, I just skipped through to see what the poster and art book looked like. After seeing those, I'm not even sorry to have missed out on the art book.

At least they included some bonus items for the price, as $60 games don't have any manuals or bonuses of any kind mostly, so for that they get some respect, but I wonder what those figures look like?

Cancelled mine lol. For something that was susposed to be so limited and numbered to come back in stock the weekend before release after having more and more gameplay videos posted, that can't be a good sign.

I'll hope for a price drop on this, or wait for the Standard to tank in price
I've got a feeling more are available now because people are cancelling, not because extra stock was made.

I've got a feeling more are available now because people are cancelling, not because extra stock was made.
I actually think it's a combination of both things. Since this game delayed several times, and since they never gave a LE qty amount, I just think they ended up making more since it sold out originally. And of course, many of us have cancelled, so that's not in debate.

no-thanks.gif

wait wasn't amazon giving this game away for free when you preordered because they accidently sent a cancel email? My order used to say $0 Did they fix that?

I actually think it's a combination of both things. Since this game delayed several times, and since they never gave a LE qty amount, I just think they ended up making more since it sold out originally. And of course, many of us have cancelled, so that's not in debate.
I'd be surprised if they made more; those kinds of manufacturing contracts take lead time. It's not like they own a factory and can just make more whenever.

I'd be willing to be these will hit the bargain bin at some point.

Well, it seems to be getting average reviews.  IGN ripped it pretty hard, you would think they were reviewing a Megaman game from all the times they brought it up.  I think most people just wanted another regular Megaman game and it isn't really that.  Ironically, they could have released Megaman 11 and the same people probably would have complained they didn't do anything new.

The game looks decently fun, but definitely not Collector's Edition worthy.

I forsee many refunds and cancellations after the slew of negative reviews today. What a shame. A clear cut case why failed economic systems like Kickstarter do not work on the most fundamental of levels.

Well, it seems to be getting average reviews. IGN ripped it pretty hard,
EVERYONE ripped it pretty hard.

I canceled my signature pre order as well- Kickstarted so I'll play it eventually. I'm also wondering if some of the reviews are bashing the process and its failure despite the game being quality. If not I'll be pretty bummed - definitely looking to get my side scroller on.

I forsee many refunds and cancellations after the slew of negative reviews today. What a shame. A clear cut case why failed economic systems like Kickstarter do not work on the most fundamental of levels.

EVERYONE ripped it pretty hard.
Most are around 70-80 according to Metacritic last I looked. That's not ripped, except in a "70 is an abject failure, anything less than a 90 is budget bin fodder" mindset that many gamers seem to have these days. IGN gave it a 5.6, but they had a hardcore Megaman fan reviewing it, and from what he said anything less than a perfect Megaman clone was not going to live up.

I'm keeping my preorder for the regular PS4 edition (which has crossbuy), which I used a credit at Dell and will also get a $15 GC. That makes it about $15 for the game on PS4/PS3 and Vita (eventually) plus the Ray DLC. My son has been into Megaman games lately, so he will give it a spin - and he doesn't have as high of standards as us old school Megaman fans. I'll play through it, but I enjoy sidescrollers a lot.

As far as Kickstarter, people are quick to forget it gave us Shovel Knight, so it isn't such a terrible thing. Yooka-Laylee also looks promising. People need to be a great deal more careful on their investments though, a couple screenshots and a pedigree are not perfect indicators of a triple A game - investing involves risks. And investing in a product that is nothing more than promises involves even more risk. You are taking a chance, not buying a guaranteed early edition of a great game.

I want to play Mighty No. 9, but am going to wait now after seeing the negative reviews. I figure I can pick this up sub $20 in a couple of weeks at Best Buy. I ended up pre-ordering Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Collector's Edition from Best Buy, but am still unsure if that game is going to be any good or not, seems iffy. 

KS wasn't the issue, but poor planning was. It appears they spread themselves to thin working across several systems, when 1 or 2 should have been the focus. This is why most games are only on a few systems at most.

They still have to produce the Vita and 3DS games, and how well will those sales go after the fact? I could give 4 million dollars to several different people, and some will turn it in to 8 million, while others will squander it, it's just the way of the world.

I've gotten tons of great projects through KS, but I didn't participate in this one, as it never looked all that interesting to me. I did get in on the Shantae KS, as I like those games, and the same group has a track record of success.

Mega Man is just about the most basic games out there, as it has the same formula across tons of titles. It's a no brainer style of game, how something like this gets goofed up is beyond me, but I'll still get the physical Vita version if and when it ever gets released, but I'm not mad the game didn't turn out great.

Most are around 70-80 according to Metacritic last I looked.

As far as Kickstarter, people are quick to forget it gave us Shovel Knight, so it isn't such a terrible thing.
Um, I don't think you looked. At both the time of my original post and right now, the average is in the 50s - math says it's literally impossible that most were 70-80

As for Kickstarter and Shovelknight, there are exceptions to every rule. It by no means undermines the economic fundamentals that makes Kickstarter all-in-all not a trustworthy platform.

I really think it's silly to think that Shovel Knight wouldn't exist if not for Kickstarter. They had an amazing game and would've went through traditional fundraising means if they had to. If Barbie Horses 4 can get it, so could have Shovel Knight

Um, I don't think you looked. At both the time of my original post and right now, the average is in the 50s - math says it's literally impossible that most were 70-80

As for Kickstarter and Shovelknight, there are exceptions to every rule. It by no means undermines the economic fundamentals that makes Kickstarter all-in-all not a trustworthy platform.

I really think it's silly to think that Shovel Knight wouldn't exist if not for Kickstarter. They had an amazing game and would've went through traditional fundraising means if they had to. If Barbie Horses 4 can get it, so could have Shovel Knight
I looked when there were a total of four reviews up, two of which were green. I went almost as soon as the blockade was lifted because I was interested. I didn't make a special visit for your purposes, but it has definitely gone downward since. Most of the critic reviews seem to be stuck on it not being Megaman 11. And a good bit of the user scores obviously haven't even played it or bought it.

And Barbie/other shovelware gets published because it will move copies because of the license. Shovel Knight did not have that, and the retro style wasn't a thing back then if you remember. It might be able to get published in today's market, but not back then. I'm not debating the "trustworthy-ness" of KickStarter, because it is just a service that does what it says. People that throw money at games based on a few screenshots expecting it to be amazing are taking investment risks have no one to blame but themselves. Mighty No. 9 says nothing about Kickstarter, but it does say a lot about the gullibility of the average game backer. People are treating it like it is a guarantee to get great games early.

As far as the game, it really is pretty fun. I played it for a long while last night, beat a couple Mightys and sub-bosses. It's no Megaman, but it has some nice things - it has more in common with Megaman X games. I like how defeated Mightys helping you in other stages by clearing obstacles, similar to how in the earlier X games defeated bosses would alter other stages. The earned weapons have to be used in unconventional ways that make you think a bit more. And boss fights are clever, with obvious patterns to learn, seem tough the first time you get to them, but once you learn them they are manageable. The gimmick is different, but actually fun when you get the hang of it. Graphics are about on par with the PSP Megaman Maverick Hunter X. Voices are annoying at times. Sound is ok, but music is really low - but it has a bit of Megaman spirit in it.

It really doesn't deserve the hate it is getting. Had it come out without all the hype people would have enjoyed it. It's a $20 digital game, and it has at least as much entertainment as most of the other digital releases. If you buy the retail version for $30 you get the DLC for free, and Dell gave a $15 GC with preorder. The PS4 version includes crossbuy with PS3 and eventually Vita. Not a bad deal. It cannot be compared to a triple A $60 game, because that is ridiculous.

Hate the delays and communication all you want, those are definite failures. That is a risk anytime you invest in something. If you backed it then Inafune has some 'splaining to do for you. But people need to stop acting like this is like the end of the world. Keep it in mind next time you have an urge to throw money at a game that doesn't exist yet.

Blah blah blah.  All your puny walls of text can't shield you from the cold hard reality that the game is a piece of shit.

Blah blah blah. All your puny walls of text can't shield you from the cold hard reality that the game is a piece of shit.
Wow, it must suck to be so jaded that you cannot enjoy a game like this for a budget price. Have you played it, or are you just jumping on the hate train because the other cool kids are doing so?

I'm far from blowing sunshine up its ass, but I can enjoy it for what it is. A platform game on the price and level of a game like Tembo the Badass Elephant (which is also fun). Or Bionic Commando Rearmed. Or many, many other budget digital offerings people seem to enjoy.

I want to play Mighty No. 9, but am going to wait now after seeing the negative reviews. I figure I can pick this up sub $20 in a couple of weeks at Best Buy. I ended up pre-ordering Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Collector's Edition from Best Buy, but am still unsure if that game is going to be any good or not, seems iffy.
So far I have heard nothing but praise from critics, reviewers and people that imported TMS#FE. The only issue most have, is that the story is mild/lighthearted (and of course censorship once it gets over here).

So far I have heard nothing but praise from critics, reviewers and people that imported TMS#FE. The only issue most have, is that the story is mild/lighthearted (and of course censorship once it gets over here).
And the lack of quality in the physical CE contents.

I looked when there were a total of four reviews up, two of which were green. I went almost as soon as the blockade was lifted because I was interested. I didn't make a special visit for your purposes, but it has definitely gone downward since. Most of the critic reviews seem to be stuck on it not being Megaman 11. And a good bit of the user scores obviously haven't even played it or bought it.

And Barbie/other shovelware gets published because it will move copies because of the license. Shovel Knight did not have that, and the retro style wasn't a thing back then if you remember. It might be able to get published in today's market, but not back then. I'm not debating the "trustworthy-ness" of KickStarter, because it is just a service that does what it says. People that throw money at games based on a few screenshots expecting it to be amazing are taking investment risks have no one to blame but themselves. Mighty No. 9 says nothing about Kickstarter, but it does say a lot about the gullibility of the average game backer. People are treating it like it is a guarantee to get great games early.

As far as the game, it really is pretty fun. I played it for a long while last night, beat a couple Mightys and sub-bosses. It's no Megaman, but it has some nice things - it has more in common with Megaman X games. I like how defeated Mightys helping you in other stages by clearing obstacles, similar to how in the earlier X games defeated bosses would alter other stages. The earned weapons have to be used in unconventional ways that make you think a bit more. And boss fights are clever, with obvious patterns to learn, seem tough the first time you get to them, but once you learn them they are manageable. The gimmick is different, but actually fun when you get the hang of it. Graphics are about on par with the PSP Megaman Maverick Hunter X. Voices are annoying at times. Sound is ok, but music is really low - but it has a bit of Megaman spirit in it.

It really doesn't deserve the hate it is getting. Had it come out without all the hype people would have enjoyed it. It's a $20 digital game, and it has at least as much entertainment as most of the other digital releases. If you buy the retail version for $30 you get the DLC for free, and Dell gave a $15 GC with preorder. The PS4 version includes crossbuy with PS3 and eventually Vita. Not a bad deal. It cannot be compared to a triple A $60 game, because that is ridiculous.

Hate the delays and communication all you want, those are definite failures. That is a risk anytime you invest in something. If you backed it then Inafune has some 'splaining to do for you. But people need to stop acting like this is like the end of the world. Keep it in mind next time you have an urge to throw money at a game that doesn't exist yet.
Sorry to quote wall of text- I went to meta critic as the discussion started and saw an average of 75%. It was green and all of the poster reviews looked to be above 70. This is why I commented that most of the reviews seem to say game fun but process was shit storm. I too was baffled at the person who said everyone bashed it- reading reviews and seeing the numbers I didn't see "bashing." But I'm like WTF I'll try it anyway.

There's definitely bashing out there now. I'm glad I canceled my preorders simply because I do not want to support this shitty treatment of the supporters. I'll go out of my way not to support them in the future as well.

Support for people who are shitty to their supporters is bad support. I don't support this type of support.

Sorry to quote wall of text- I went to meta critic as the discussion started and saw an average of 75%. It was green and all of the poster reviews looked to be above 70. This is why I commented that most of the reviews seem to say game fun but process was shit storm. I too was baffled at the person who said everyone bashed it- reading reviews and seeing the numbers I didn't see "bashing." But I'm like WTF I'll try it anyway.

There's definitely bashing out there now. I'm glad I canceled my preorders simply because I do not want to support this shitty treatment of the supporters. I'll go out of my way not to support them in the future as well.

Support for people who are shitty to their supporters is bad support. I don't support this type of support.
Pretty much what I saw when I went there originally. Right now it is just a pile on from people just complaining, most of whom haven't even played it.

There was actually a better way to return the shitty treatment ... the physical PS4 version includes a code to enable cross buy, it unlocks the digital game for PS4/3 and eventually Vita in addition to the DLC. If you bought somewhere that gave a discount or GC (Dell had it for a $15 GC), you are getting it for cheaper than $30. You input the code and never need the disc again, the disc has never been in my PS4 - but the full game is unlocked and I played it a while last night. Then trade in the disc while the trade value is still decent. You can even keep the poster and artbook as most places just want the disk/case. And you will still have the game and DLC.

When I gotta take a dump instead of number 2 I call it a No.9. A Mighty No.9.
A+ for cleverness. Well done.

Oh!, I thought sigma was referring to the actual game and not the C.E content.
I was referring to the CE and I agree the content of that CE isn't great, similar to Xenoblade Chronicles. I figure this will be hard to find down the line considering it's a Fire Emblem/Persona mash-up game on the Wii U so I went for the CE for that reason alone, I don't plan on opening any of the extras and should have probably just ordered the standard edition of the game to save some money.

Why would anyone want to spend money on this? The creator seems like a snake oil salesman.
I am a huge fan of Keiji Inafune and have been for years, Mega Man is also one of my favorite video game franchises of all time, but even I decided to pass on Mighty No. 9 (came real close to buying it at Best Buy today though). I have a feeling it will drop in price pretty quickly despite it already being cheap, I can wait for $19.99 on the physical just so that I can check the game out because I am still curious despite the negative reviews and generally poor reception of the game. I've been following the game for 3 damn years and I am glad I didn't Kickstart it, but damn I want to see how bad it really it is!

bread's done
Back