MineCraft 360 Edition $15 bestbuy.com (dead for now, might still work in stores)

ShadowMillions

CAGiversary!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Minecra...02488&skuId=1000002489&st=minecraft&lp=1&cp=1

Cannot order it yet online, but you can preorder it in the store for $15, saves you $5.

"When I printed out the preorder ticket though, it said I would owe $15 at the register, instead of $20. It's priced the same on the website. Either pre-ordering it at the store or waiting to buy it when it is available on the website will net you a code given to you through e-mail tomorrow at some point. If you wait until tomorrow to buy it at the store, the code will be on your receipt and they will e-mail you the code as well, just in case."

See how long it lasts and if it'll be $15 on the website when it releases tonight at midnight instead of "coming soon." I won't be going to one tonight to try and preorder it, so if someone does, tell us your experience!

EDIT: Currently works in store and gives you the code right away, allowing you to download it as soon as you get home!
[quote name='URMonkeyTron']It totally works. Just got back from BB and with a $10.00 GC I had it came out to $5.00. The code is printed on the receipt and sent through the email you give.

You wanna know the best part?....... I'M PLAYING IT RIGHT NOW!!!!

So not only do you get it cheaper, but you can have access to it early.[/QUOTE]

EDIT: Still might work in stores as of today (May 9):
[quote name='vicious7171']I can. I went to BB after the price went up to 19.99 online, and bought it for 15.00 + tax at B&M. I asked an employee if they had it. He said they had been selling them all day, printed out a voucher on the electronic kiosk and we paid for it up at the cashier.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Woooowwwww...... just got an email saying it was canceled due to not being able to verify my info......what?

Called them, and raged. In the end they gave me a free code to minecraft and refunded me my money. awesome.

never will i buy a digital code through bestbuy again. the digital gaming future scares the shit out of me now...

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']Woooowwwww...... just got an email saying it was canceled due to not being able to verify my info......what?

Called them, and raged. In the end they gave me a free code to minecraft and refunded me my money. awesome.

never will i buy a digital code through bestbuy again. the digital gaming future scares the shit out of me now...[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that, man. I only bought two digital items from them. I tried to get in on the Flaming Spartan Helmet avatar item for $1. I got in too late and they canceled my orders, so I got my two dollars back (bought another for my brother).
I bought four, 3-month Xbox Live passes from them during Black Friday. Came in 6 hours, but I got all 4 when the limit was only 2 or 3, can't remember.

At least you got it, but I know that feeling of having a headache dealing with things that should have gone smoothly. Hopefully you can relax with the game tonight.

On a side note, glad people have been able to get this to work, both Online (when it was live for like 6 hours) and to the others who got it in-store. I'm having fun, just the splitscreen limitations are bugging me, but only the more reason to be on the lookout for an HDTV. Happy Mining and Crafting! :D

[quote name='vicious7171']Yeah it's a rough go either way. Dropping couch co-op sucks, but even on a big HDTV it's hard to read the text in split screen. I could see how it would be impossible with standard def.[/QUOTE]

Just played a bit of split screen and you're right, the text is really small. Of course having played so much of the game on PC plus another 6 or so hours on XBLA already, I really have no need to read any text in the game. I know what all of the icons are and that's all of the info that I need now.

Well I screwed myself waiting- doh! I have plenty of M$ points, but I agree with all of you Cags that $20 just seems high. But I also like the idea of chilling on the couch and mining... Sigh.

Are any of you playing this late/early? I am probably going to bite anyway, damn digital purchases make it so easy to be lazy, heh.

[quote name='teknikalei']Well I screwed myself waiting- doh! I have plenty of M$ points, but I agree with all of you Cags that $20 just seems high. But I also like the idea of chilling on the couch and mining... Sigh.

Are any of you playing this late/early? I am probably going to bite anyway, damn digital purchases make it so easy to be lazy, heh.[/QUOTE]

Sad to say, I wish I kinda was playing this game right now... I've been Island hoping with my fiancee for the last three weeks and I miss my Xbox, lol...

So is anyone heading to BB today to try to get it at that price still?
Edit: Guess not.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']So is anyone heading to BB today to try to get it at that price still?
Edit: Guess not.[/QUOTE]

Trying to send my friend in Texas, if he goes today I'll let yall know the outcome.

[quote name='MochaRaf']Trying to send my friend in Texas, if he goes today I'll let yall know the outcome.[/QUOTE]

Cool. If it's still $15 in-store, maybe I can find someone to run there. Nearest BB is an hour away and I've got my daughter all day.
I might have to PayPal my parents some money or something and see if they can go to the one back home and nab me a code.

Hate living in the middle of nowhere...
Then again, this is all my fault that I am not playing the game right now. I ordered twice from BB yesterday and cancelled it both times. It was only after playing the trial all night that I realized I am a moron.

You should look in the trading forums for 1600 MSP cards. People sell them for $16 average price, so you'd only be paying $1 more than the former BB price.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that I pulled it up on the kiosk and it said $19.99 - didn't actually check to see what it rang up as.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']so glad I waited. got it for free from raptr.[/QUOTE]

NO!!!!!!!!!

As soon as I read that, I checked my email and ofcourse an email from raptr. Sais I won a copy of minecraft for free. As soon as I read "Hurry, get yours before we run out", I knew they would all be gone. Damnit. I like how the email tells me it will expire on 6-10-2012. Like all those free copies would last that long. 43 mins late.

[quote name='Br4inDead']NO!!!!!!!!!

As soon as I read that, I checked my email and ofcourse an email from raptr. Sais I won a copy of minecraft for free. As soon as I read "Hurry, get yours before we run out", I knew they would all be gone. Damnit. I like how the email tells me it will expire on 6-10-2012. Like all those free copies would last that long. 43 mins late.[/QUOTE]

So you didn't get a free copy?

Just a heads up to anyone who might be interested. I had ordered this from best buy and then they canceled my order. I ended up calling them up and they opened up a case to clear it up. I didnt want to wait and just bought it from somewhere else.

Now if they end up giving me a minecraft code like another poster on here got, I will simply sell it for the $15 price. So just a heads up to anyone who might be interested.

[quote name='Br4inDead']NO!!!!!!!!!

As soon as I read that, I checked my email and ofcourse an email from raptr. Sais I won a copy of minecraft for free. As soon as I read "Hurry, get yours before we run out", I knew they would all be gone. Damnit. I like how the email tells me it will expire on 6-10-2012. Like all those free copies would last that long. 43 mins late.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was BS. I saw quite a few messages on Facebook of people claiming codes even though they already had the game. I bet eBay is going to light up with Minecraft codes now :(

[quote name='GenPirate']One seller has codes for 16 bucks, hmmm. I am very tempted I just don't want to fund a leecher :([/QUOTE]

You aren't. After fees, eBay is the one raking in the dough. The seller likely lost some money.

[quote name='GenPirate']One seller has codes for 16 bucks, hmmm. I am very tempted I just don't want to fund a leecher :([/QUOTE]

If his feedback is solid, then buy it from him. Ignore any of those holier-than-thou posters on here telling you to report that person. :drool:

I'm waiting for it drop to 800 points myself. Backlog is nasty right now.

[quote name='NoelVermillion']how did u get it free? what did you do[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320899 it's dead btw

Hey guys I'm playing now, will probably play for at least 3 hours or so tonight. Feel free to add me and join in, I'll take all the help I can get. :D

I logged in like 20min after they gave away the codes,and i was eligible so sad right now :(
Anyway d3 in 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

bread's done
Back