MineCraft 360 Edition $15 bestbuy.com (dead for now, might still work in stores)

ShadowMillions

CAGiversary!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Minecra...02488&skuId=1000002489&st=minecraft&lp=1&cp=1

Cannot order it yet online, but you can preorder it in the store for $15, saves you $5.

"When I printed out the preorder ticket though, it said I would owe $15 at the register, instead of $20. It's priced the same on the website. Either pre-ordering it at the store or waiting to buy it when it is available on the website will net you a code given to you through e-mail tomorrow at some point. If you wait until tomorrow to buy it at the store, the code will be on your receipt and they will e-mail you the code as well, just in case."

See how long it lasts and if it'll be $15 on the website when it releases tonight at midnight instead of "coming soon." I won't be going to one tonight to try and preorder it, so if someone does, tell us your experience!

EDIT: Currently works in store and gives you the code right away, allowing you to download it as soon as you get home!
[quote name='URMonkeyTron']It totally works. Just got back from BB and with a $10.00 GC I had it came out to $5.00. The code is printed on the receipt and sent through the email you give.

You wanna know the best part?....... I'M PLAYING IT RIGHT NOW!!!!

So not only do you get it cheaper, but you can have access to it early.[/QUOTE]

EDIT: Still might work in stores as of today (May 9):
[quote name='vicious7171']I can. I went to BB after the price went up to 19.99 online, and bought it for 15.00 + tax at B&M. I asked an employee if they had it. He said they had been selling them all day, printed out a voucher on the electronic kiosk and we paid for it up at the cashier.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zao366']113.21 mb[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Much appreciated.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Is this even worth it? I mean, isn't the PC version more customizable? I've been interested in teh game, but don't want a watered down version.[/QUOTE]

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard the game is going to get updates until it catches up with the PC and that they are also planning cross platform game play. Along with kinect support later down the line.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Is this even worth it? I mean, isn't the PC version more customizable? I've been interested in teh game, but don't want a watered down version.[/QUOTE]

The PC version was always going to be more customizable, but I don't think anyone expected the XBLA version to be this crippled:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcYNKsxx6-k

To understand just how small that is when compared to the PC version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jQGT8krCDU

Consider this a warning to anyone interested in the XBLA version:

I don't understand the appeal of this game.. or the fact that people are willing to pay $15-20 to play it.

Thanks OP, I was able to get 2 codes. One for me and one for a friend, and a couple employees even bought a code when they saw it was $5 less.

Wow tax really hurts this deal. I don't get why Best Buy charges me tax sometimes and not others for things like this. $16.37 when it would have only cost my like $18 anwyay with the MSP I have bankrolled. Oh well, whatever. Better'd be worth it...

Picked it up a little while ago but can't play till tonight. Not a huge fan of the game but my 4 year old loves the Android demo so much that I'm sure he's bound to love this even more.

BTW no tax here.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Wow tax really hurts this deal. I don't get why Best Buy charges me tax sometimes and not others for things like this. $16.37 when it would have only cost my like $18 with my MSP I have bankrolled. Oh well, whatever. Better'd be worth it...[/QUOTE]

I wasn't taxed at all for my 2 codes, both rang up for 15 each.

I got taxed too. Oh well. Thanks for the info OP, will enjoy it whenever it finished downloading...well that was way too quick.

I just dont understand for the life of me what there is to like about this "game". Its not fun to me. You dont do anything but stack blocks... I tried playing it on the PC for 5 minutes and just couldnt bear it. Everything was so blocky and ugly. The only fun I had was being a dick and messing up my buddys house he was building. Then I felt bad after. :whistle2:/

They should pay me $20 to play this "game"...

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Lol. Was going to post "MSRP is not a deal", but then I remembered this game is insanely overpriced at $20.

Why am I tempted to buy this when I have little to no desire to play it? Cause it's probably not going to be less than this for a loong time, that's why. Hmm...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Wow tax really hurts this deal. I don't get why Best Buy charges me tax sometimes and not others for things like this. $16.37 when it would have only cost my like $18 anwyay with the MSP I have bankrolled. Oh well, whatever. Better'd be worth it...[/QUOTE]

I did the exact same thing today. Bought it for $14 off of the trade thread before this deal posted (probably could have got it for $10-$12 if I had waited a couple more hours) just because I could, I really didn't have any desire to play it.

However, I sunk about 2 1/2 hours into it so far, it's really addictive. I'm gonna hop back in in a little while, I FINALLY understand what all the hubbub was about.

If you have and enjoy playing the PC version, the consensus is that you don't need this version.

If you don't have Minecraft on PC, or you do have it but don't enjoy PC games/controls/anything else, than getting this version may be advised.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']I just dont understand for the life of me what there is to like about this "game". Its not fun to me. You dont do anything but stack blocks... I tried playing it on the PC for 5 minutes and just couldnt bear it. Everything was so blocky and ugly. The only fun I had was being a dick and messing up my buddys house he was building. Then I felt bad after. :whistle2:/

They should pay me $20 to play this "game"...[/QUOTE]

Just because the game doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean they have to pay you for it, you self-entitled douchebag.

Dang it.. I saved up 1600 points for this, but the cheapness in me wants to get it for $15. I don't ever really spend points on anything else though.. Hmm.

I guess I'll try ordering it online tomorrow if it's the same price. They'll just email you the code right away right? (similar to xbox live/points codes?)

I gotta agree with the douche who hates the game. I found this mind-numblingly dull, but my kid loves it. I think it's the Lego subculture - I was always an Erector set guy, never a Lego fan.

But I will buy it for my kid, because he likes it, and not every game with appeal to every gamer.

So how different is the 360 version supposed to be compared to the PC version? Similar to the mobile version?

[quote name='jaydepps']So how different is the 360 version supposed to be compared to the PC version? Similar to the mobile version?[/QUOTE]

It's a few patches behind the PC version right now, in a beta stage patch. But they said they'll be updating it frequently and trying to get it to the same patch as PC. There's some good videos on youtube

[quote name='bburpee']I gotta agree with the douche who hates the game. I found this mind-numblingly dull, but my kid loves it. I think it's the Lego subculture - I was always an Erector set guy, never a Lego fan.

But I will buy it for my kid, because he likes it, and not every game with appeal to every gamer.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I remember the first time I saw this game, I was like what's the point? I got into it due to survival and the fear of monsters and wanting to build as great of a fortress and a monster spawner as possible to gather supplies. It's really self driven, not game driver to like this game.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']I just dont understand for the life of me what there is to like about this "game". Its not fun to me. You dont do anything but stack blocks... I tried playing it on the PC for 5 minutes and just couldnt bear it. Everything was so blocky and ugly. The only fun I had was being a dick and messing up my buddys house he was building. Then I felt bad after. :whistle2:/

They should pay me $20 to play this "game"...[/QUOTE]

Think of it this way :) Adult Legos lol

I just came back from my local Best Buy. I didn't see the Minecraft cards/slips for sale. The greeter/security guy at the front told me they don't sell individual xbox live arcade games in store anymore. Guess I should of called ahead, I was just too excited. I'll wait for it to go live on their website.

[quote name='wiideal08']I just came back from my local Best Buy. I didn't see the Minecraft cards/slips for sale. The greeter/security guy at the front told me they don't sell individual xbox live arcade games in store anymore. Guess I should of called ahead, I was just too excited. I'll wait for it to go live on their website.[/QUOTE]

To my understanding, there are no physical cards. You order them at the game section at the register and they print a receipt

[quote name='wiideal08']I just came back from my local Best Buy. I didn't see the Minecraft cards/slips for sale. The greeter/security guy at the front told me they don't sell individual xbox live arcade games in store anymore. Guess I should of called ahead, I was just too excited. I'll wait for it to go live on their website.[/QUOTE]

There should a large vertical touch screen within the gaming department where you can search for games/content. Search for Minecraft, and print the slip and bring it to the register to check out

Thank you for replying. There was a register set up in electronics, but no one was there at the time. I'll check with them tomorrow.

[quote name='Kevfactor']still saying coming soon on the BB website[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking by 12 AM PST. Hopefully......:bouncy:

Well atleast everyone on my friendslist wont be on netflix all day. I guess im gonna have to get it. 15 isnt too bad. The pc version is like 30 now.

[quote name='yohsh']Well atleast everyone on my friendslist wont be on netflix all day. I guess im gonna have to get it. 15 isnt too bad. The pc version is like 30 now.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. For $15 bucks I am most definitely in.

[quote name='Chinese_cuisine']past midnight PST but not available yet :([/QUOTE]

Usually updates around 3-5am PST but chances are they will update the price for $20 when it goes live.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Usually updates around 3-5am PST but chances are they will update the price for $20 when it goes live.[/QUOTE]

Don't jinx it!!! I would be devastated of that was the case, lol..

[quote name='mario23air']$15 + tax but still better than 1600 MS points.[/QUOTE]

I live in a state where BB always taxes me, but I didn't get a tax on this order... My total was $15.00, and I thought on digital orders such as XBL codes and iTunes cards and gift cards etc you never get taxed?

[quote name='SeanTM22']Great deal right here, hurry before the price is changed![/QUOTE]

Code shouldve come instantly. My code is on the order submitted page

[quote name='guyinga']Just ordered it at BBY.com -- and no email yet. I know it will take awhile.[/QUOTE]

You may also save/print out your receipt. I ordered it from BBY.com about 6 seconds after it went live, haven't even gotten a confirmation email. So in case they change the price I at least have the original order confirmation.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Code shouldve come instantly. My code is on the order submitted page[/QUOTE]

Not on my end, it gave me the following message:

"Delivery Information:

We'll e-mail you a code and instructions when your order is ready to redeem."

[quote name='VaultBoy101']Depends on how much you pay for your points. ;)[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this. I get a lot of my points from Xbox Rewards and Bing Rewards, so this game won't cost me much at all.

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']Just ordered one. Got my $5 Reward Zone coupon yesterday so I ended up getting it for $10.63.[/QUOTE]

I did this as well, but I still have no code, it said it would be emailed. Guess I have to wait.

[quote name='jlg6184']I did this as well, but I still have no code, it said it would be emailed. Guess I have to wait.[/QUOTE]

I haven't received anything either. Hope it doesn't take too long.

None of you guys got a page like this? really weird that mine would be instant

x0Ud2.jpg

bread's done
Back