Minimum $100 Gift Card for PS3 or XBOX @ BB

I traded in my Xbox360 Pro 20GB. They wouldn't take it without the HDD. The guy didn't bother plugging the system in, he only checked for the security sticker.

For those that wanted to upgrade from their fat 360s to a newer Slim 360, Walmart is selling the 4GB Xbox 360 E Console on BF for $99. Just buy a slim xbox hard drive enclosure and open up your old hard drive to put in there. Of course, you'd lose out on those 4 games, but with the money you save, you could just buy physical copies of all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those that wanted to upgrade from their fat 360s to a newer Slim 360, Walmart is selling the 4GB Xbox 360 E Console on BF for $99. Just buy a slim xbox hard drive enclosure and open up your old hard drive to put in there. Of course, you'd lose out on those 4 games, but with the money you save, you could just buy physical copies of all of them.

And just an FYI, the Xbox 360 E consoles don't include a component/HDMI cable apparently.
This is brilliant, I assume the Walmart deal is online, or else... The horror....

To anyone with at least $190 Best Buy credit, I'm looking to trade my $190 Gamestop Trade Credit.

I wish I hadn't already sent my old Xbox 360 Pro off to Amazon...

for those who do not want to spend real cash, bestbuy is a better deal, if you can find 2 old xbox 360 models from craig list with all the require accessories for trading in.
Wait, wouldn't you still have to spend cash on the ones you find on craigslist...or what are you paying them in

I love Craigslist. Thanks. Just hit this guy up for his broken 360 for $20. It turns on has the controller which is beat to death apparently. I'll take the free $80

Broken as in I guess it doesn't read games, that's what he says.

Cry me a river.

Does it have to be a 1st party controller or does it matter? I have a WWE controller i used for Street fighter vs Tekken. Also have a Arcade 360 which powers on ok but the drive wont read discs. Any issues there?

Does it have to be a 1st party controller or does it matter? I have a WWE controller i used for Street fighter vs Tekken. Also have a Arcade 360 which powers on ok but the drive wont read discs. Any issues there?
Shh don't talk about stuff being broken. They won't test the disc drive, just to see if it will turn on. Some don't even check at all. As for the controller, its ymmv, some would accept it or they might not.

Shh don't talk about stuff being broken. They won't test the disc drive, just to see if it will turn on. Some don't even check at all. As for the controller, its ymmv, some would accept it or they might not.
Nah I only mention the disc drive HERE on the forum. Turns on fine. Ok i'll bring both controllers like in a bag and hand them the WWE controller first and see how that goes. Still keeping my 2nd 360 as that does get used regularly. If I get the $100 ill use it towards my daughter's 3DS for Christmas

A question for tech-savvy people. The Xbox 360 E comes with a composite A/V cable, and there is no port for the old component cables. This means to go HD, we must use HDMI? Would it be possible to use Turtle Beach X31s while having full chat/sound and HD?

What I'm thinking is having the HDMI plugged into the TV and Xbox and also having that composite cable plugged into the stereo audio splitter cables, but I'm not sure if this will take the sound from the Xbox and detect it on the X31s.

Nah I only mention the disc drive HERE on the forum. Turns on fine. Ok i'll bring both controllers like in a bag and hand them the WWE controller first and see how that goes. Still keeping my 2nd 360 as that does get used regularly. If I get the $100 ill use it towards my daughter's 3DS for Christmas
Good luck.

most requires a first party /official controller

i seem to be one of the few in this thread to trade in a PS3...unloaded a refurbished 60gb bc tonight....had it 4 years after my original YLOD.  Only played it once a week as playing PS2 games made the thing run hot.  

No sooner had I traded it in and went back to look at games I told a BB associate about my trade and he goes "I would have given you $250 for it." 

Great. 

Absolutely. Though it seems you may already be wanted by the grammar police.

well il prob either put my broked 1 on craiglist or ebay if my paypal hold gets off soon .... cnat decide if i shuld keep 360 or move on 2 xbox 1 i alredy have ps4 and wii u but i want em all and who still play 360 and ps3 n e way ps no need 2 be a motherf**** im on asmartphone so this is internet site 4 games 2 chat about not spelling bee 4 grades in schol so shut the f*** up

well il prob either put my broked 1 on craiglist or ebay if my paypal hold gets off soon .... cnat decide if i shuld keep 360 or move on 2 xbox 1 i alredy have ps4 and wii u but i want em all and who still play 360 and ps3 n e way ps no need 2 be a motherf**** im on asmartphone so this is internet site 4 games 2 chat about not spelling bee 4 grades in schol so shut the f*** up
Oh lawd. Here we go.

How are people having success with this ?

3 best buys in NY are saying they wont take it, one even said "theyre not allowed to buy used stuff because they dont have a pawn license?"

Wtf?
If you are on long island you have to have a receipt to do trade ins to prove you bought it there. They are subject to municipal pawn shop laws and had to fight like hell just to be able to do that. Two years ago no trade ins at all. Game stop gets around those laws because they are considered a "specialty store"

So I'm looking to trade two in but they have HDMI and component cables, respectively. Does anyone know if they need the AV cables or can I swing it with those?

Hopefully going to go trade my xbox elite 120 gig tommorow.

100 dollars is pretty much the price for it right now and I have been wanting to buy a white console and upgrade it 320 gig

so I heard some best buys are not allowing console trade-ins?

I think im gonna trade in my 120 slim. Dont ever play it and 100-120 is the going rate on ebay and i dont feel like dealing with the fees and shipping, plus itll go right towards my XB1

You can get gift cards for weed now? Sweet, I never knew that. I wonder if my local drug dealer accepts debit cards? Worth a shot, I guess. Yes, because the only reason you'd ever want to make money is for drugs. That's the only reason anyone has a job, and the only reason why people would look to profit. It's not like some posters here are still in high school, either.

I love how you contradict yourself at the end by saying it's okay as long as you have a "crappy base model worth $20 or something," which is the only version people would consider buying and reselling to maximize profit.

Everyone is missing the fact that the systems get REFURBISHED, either by factory or BB, before being sold again. Cowboom also has a rating scale of 1-10 and describes the defects and scratches the system has that they didn't fix. This new trend called "thinking" is really going to help you guys out someday.
calm down lmao. It was a figure of speech. You'll learn how to not take things literally eventually. In short, the turn of phrase has more to do with the amount of money involved and the process to get that money, not the actual return process itself lol.

and no, no one here, including me, is condoning anything. I included "unethical" right in my post. I was being facetious. Using context clues and critical thinking can take you far, my child.

Amazon needs a to make a gold box deal on tissues, stat. Blade, with all due respect, you look like you're thirteen. Let's not discuss "thinking" and intelligence please. Acing your algebra test doesn't give you a license to be patronizing. You like to use a lot of hyperbole and make a lot of assumptions. Typical.

Okay, I just patched/updated my launch 360 (I've upgraded since then, Yay! HDMI!) and I'm looking at cables, boxes, and whatnot and I want to make sure I got my ducks in a row...

First, they don't need a chat headset, right?  First posts on the front page all seen to agree on this. 

Second, does my controller need to turn on...  There wireless ones that come with it but I took the charge and play set off of them and put on the empty battery cases. (I always used wired anyways.)

Third, Box...  Do they need it or even want it?  (Not that I have much use for it...)

Forth, what A/V cable are they looking for...?  I have one with S Video and ones with about 5 plugs that I've never used...  Guessing the later but figured I should ask to be sure.

This! And always bring a friend. I sold my PS4 right in front of a police station!
That's going to make payment awkward.

Okay, I just patched/updated my launch 360 (I've upgraded since then, Yay! HDMI!) and I'm looking at cables, boxes, and whatnot and I want to make sure I got my ducks in a row...

First, they don't need a chat headset, right? First posts on the front page all seen to agree on this.

Second, does my controller need to turn on... There wireless ones that come with it but I took the charge and play set off of them and put on the empty battery cases. (I always used wired anyways.)

Third, Box... Do they need it or even want it? (Not that I have much use for it...)

Forth, what A/V cable are they looking for...? I have one with S Video and ones with about 5 plugs that I've never used... Guessing the later but figured I should ask to be sure.
No headest. They don't seem to care and it takes AAs anyway. They do not want the box but you can take it in with the box to carry it if you like. Long as it has either an AV cable or an HDMI cable it should be fine, just so it plugs into the TV.

Man people on Craigslist are asking too much for old Xbox systems, it's hard to find one under $50. I did actually find a system with wires and no controller, but it's 40 minutes away, and by the time you add in gas and the cost of the controller, id just about break even. Hoping to have more luck by Saturday, but I doubt it.

Xbox 360 Pro COnsole System -     $6.00   :booty:

Gaming Hardware Promo          -     $94.00   :bow:

Gaming Consoles Subtotal              $100.00  :twoguns:

I asked if the additional ten percent added and the BB Rep said no.

I walked out of there like I just heist the place.....

Feels good getting $100 for something I haven't used for YEARS!

FYI I already purchase a slim model two years ago.

Xbox 360 Pro COnsole System - $6.00 :booty:

Gaming Hardware Promo - $94.00 :bow:

Gaming Consoles Subtotal $100.00 :twoguns:

I asked if the additional ten percent added and the BB Rep said no.

I walked out of there like I just heist the place.....

Feels good getting $100 for something I haven't used for YEARS!

FYI I already purchase a slim model two years ago.
I wasn't expecting the 10% but the lady who did my Xbox said that it wouldn't even let me enter my rewards info to get the points for the trade-in. After walking away with $100 for a thing collecting dust, I wasn't upset.

So they put my 20gb model through a rigorous test because "it's unbelievable that it would last that long." They needed my hdd, wireless controller, power brick, and cables. They inspected the outside for awhile, hooked it up to a tv, tested my disc drive by opening and closing it literally 12 times "just to check," played around on it, then formatted the drive even though I had already done so. It took about 40 minutes total, but I got my gift card. I'm impressed by the store's thoroughness. 

Successfully traded in an old 60 GB Pro model with everything originally included in the box. They actually went through the contents list on the side of the box and made sure everything was included (HDD too). The system has difficulty reading discs, but as their trade in requirements state, they just checked to see the unit turned on and went to the dashboard properly.

So they put my 20gb model through a rigorous test because "it's unbelievable that it would last that long." They needed my hdd, wireless controller, power brick, and cables. They inspected the outside for awhile, hooked it up to a tv, tested my disc drive by opening and closing it literally 12 times "just to check," played around on it, then formatted the drive even though I had already done so. It took about 40 minutes total, but I got my gift card. I'm impressed by the store's thoroughness.
Meanwhile, my store didn't even plug in the two systems I brought in. I was done in less than 10 minutes. I assume they worked since I bought them from Gamestop a half hour prior...

bread's done
Back