Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

[quote name='Demolition Man']I might have to check out a few games there next summer. I still do enjoy going to a few Thunder games a year. Plus the NSC is only getting better and better with all the remodeling work they have been doing.[/QUOTE]
I agree, facilities there are great, if only they'd invest the same kind of money into the actual fields.

[quote name='One4Deuce']I agree, facilities there are great, if only they'd invest the same kind of money into the actual fields.[/QUOTE]

They did put in the new watering system prior to this season that uses the near by drain fields which saves them tons of money. Plus it looks like they are slowing putting in new turf as well.

At Chanhassen Target I picked up a Socom Confrontation Bundle for $30. I thought it may be at that price at other Targets. I've read great things about the bluetooth headset.

Anyone see any Valkyria Chronicles at their local Wallmart? They lowered the price to $20, but the official thread in Video Game Deals confirms thier in store availabilty is terrible and the Brooklyn Center store is sold out.

Anyone seen the Fallout 3 Add-on Pack (Pitt/Operation Anchorage) at local Target's at all? Apparently it's starting to hit clearance racks.

[quote name='Idx86']Anyone seen the Fallout 3 Add-on Pack (Pitt/Operation Anchorage) at local Target's at all? Apparently it's starting to hit clearance racks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='manthing']I saw it last week at the Fridley Super Target for $13.xx[/QUOTE]
they still have it

[quote name='whiptcracker']If your looking for X-Blades to use the $20 off coupon to get it for free at Best Buy, Maplewood had one copy left.[/QUOTE]
I stopped by the Richfield store after arriving at the MOA store just after someone bought the last three. There were two left in Richfield @ around 8:30 PM.

sorry if it was one of us that stashed the 360 X-Blades behind X-Men for the PS3 at the EP BB. I found it and used the coupon...

I checked on BB website last night, and it said Blaine and Maplewood (unsure, but I think that was it) had some, didn't have time to check in-store though. Pretty much if you didn't jump on it yesterday when they bumped the price down, you will not find it, AT LEAST NOT FOR FREE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apple Valley (off Cedar) Target had 4 PS3 GHWT single guitar bundles for $22.48. They also had I think 2 of the dual guitar bundles for PS3 for $22.48.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']I stopped by the Richfield store after arriving at the MOA store just after someone bought the last three. There were two left in Richfield @ around 8:30 PM.[/QUOTE]

You can blame me for that one. >.>

[quote name='Demolition Man']You just figured that out now? ;)[/QUOTE]
No, I've known it a while. So pissed at how conservative they called the game in the 1st half. On a more relevant note...

discount 70 has an additional 20% off their games. Really have to have them open the case and look. Found a dualshock3 new and sealed for 12 bucks tonight. None left. I'd have bought 100 at that price.

Supertarget in Blaine has a few Katana brand 32MB PS2 memory cards (officially licensed) on clearance for $6.24. There were two when I checked an hour ago. Also a number of console games are marked 30% off behind the movies section though the only notable game I could find is Street Fighter IV for the 360 ($24 something). Guild Wars Game of the Year Edition is also on clearance for around $15, I don't quite remember the exact price.

[quote name='Satoshi-kun']Supertarget in Blaine has a few Katana brand 32MB PS2 memory cards (officially licensed) on clearance for $6.24. There were two when I checked an hour ago. Also a number of console games are marked 30% off behind the movies section though the only notable game I could find is Street Fighter IV for the 360 ($24 something). Guild Wars Game of the Year Edition is also on clearance for around $15, I don't quite remember the exact price.[/QUOTE]
SF4 should be $27.xx
24 can't be right

[quote name='rmb']SF4 should be $27.xx
24 can't be right[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I could be wrong; I only gave the tags for the clearanced games a quick glance before I made my way out.

OK, who cleaned out Edina BB of guides? It must have been before I posted that Godfather II was pennied, cause that's all that was left. Nogib? You did it to me last week. Hmmmm? I was hoping to nab the Fire Emblem and RE5LE guides there.

Cheers!

[quote name='PapaSmerf']OK, who cleaned out Edina BB of guides? It must have been before I posted that Godfather II was pennied, cause that's all that was left. Nogib? You did it to me last week. Hmmmm? I was hoping to nab the Fire Emblem and RE5LE guides there.

Cheers![/QUOTE]

Oh sure, blame me. :p Lol

I too was on the lookout for Fire Emblem guides and didn't see any there either.

Was just at a local Super Target and found a copy of Madden '09 for the 360. Still rang up as $29.99. I thought all those bad boys got clearanced out? Boo urns.

Richfield Kmart was up to 30% off games - great selection was still available - if you go check it out, make sure to check the glass case in the front of electronics where digital cameras are kept - a lot of newer titles (seems they had releases up to Batman Arkham Asylum (sold out now) but most other titles are still available) are stored there...

Accessories were up to 20% off - Had 2 4000 pt. 360 points cards, 1 year (and 3 month)subs to xbox live, both wired and wireless controllers for 360, and dualshock 3s for ps3...

I got a deal with UPS! Preordered Halo3:ODST, selected Release Date Delivery (for free if amazon prime, which I am) and they rescheduled it for tomorrow.

I mean I can wait 1 more day, but that's kinda f'd up!

Awesome deal!

Anybody going to waste their time to track down Professor Layton in Minneapolis? He is going to be somewhere in Minneapolis between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm. Here is the link for clues and I guess you win stuff. I would do it but I gotta work, well I actually have better things to do.....well not really....:roll:

According to the official rules, Nintendo is going to have DSi and Professor Layton on display at Rosedale Center between 11 AM and 1 PM.

The contest involves playing the game and filling out an entry form, with 5 entries winning a copy of the game.

nasum, it was a joke/my bad sarcasm. Got it today though, now I need work to be done with, and need to finish Uncharted so I can play ODST

if anyone is interested i have 2 codes for 2 free guitar hero 5 songs. 360, ps3 or wii. pm me if interested. free to first 2 pms

This isn't a deal, but if anyone wants a PSP Go a day early the Best Buy in Eden Prairie had one black one and white one out on the shelf Tuesday night around 6 PM.

Read in the Target Clearance thread in the main forum that Lakeville Target has several copies of Madden '09 Wii for $19.xx.

Not the best deal but may be worth watching for future drops.

Anyone know if any of the gamecrazys around the city are going out of business? If they are the deals get better as time goes on, heres the rundown:

• 10/3-10/9: 30% off everything in the store
  • 10/10-10/16: 50% off everything in the store
  • 10/17-Closing: 80% off everything in the store

[quote name='Idx86']Read in the Target Clearance thread in the main forum that Lakeville Target has several copies of Madden '09 Wii for $19.xx.

Not the best deal but may be worth watching for future drops.[/QUOTE]
Haha, "several". I've never seen so many of one title at one time!

well as long as I get my Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2 (which I will) before they close (if it's true), I'll be happy. I wonder then if I get half off on those two since they come out on the 13th!

In response to post about GC closing!

Stopped in at my favorite GameCrazy on my way home from work to get the scoop (and my store credit on a gift card). All stores in the Twin Cities are closing except Cottage Grove and Blaine.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Stopped in at my favorite GameCrazy on my way home from work to get the scoop (and my store credit on a gift card). All stores in the Twin Cities are closing except Cottage Grove and Blaine.[/QUOTE]

fuck, guess I won't ever be going to Gamecrazy again.

YAY! So it's either GS/Amazon/CL/Ebay to sell games. Good thing I don't trade games all that much anymore and I only buy games I absolutely want/gamefly the rest. Like I said, I wonder if I can get the 50% off BL and UC2:AT since I have them PO'd at the local GC!

[quote name='nazman11']Thanks for the intel papasmurf, looks like we are losing yet another place to trade, i guess we will all have to go to toys r us(sarcasm)[/QUOTE]

Actually, their trade-in values were pretty damn good - especially on the older stuff. To be fair, that could be because I did it the day they opened up shop, and their values hadn't been adjusted for volume.

I got $43 for Arkham Asylum on the 360 (more than I paid for it); it's something like $30 now, which is still better than what Gamestop would give. For a number of games that I was previously offered 60 cents to $1 for, TRU gave me $5.25, which was higher than the ebay costs for those titles. Maybe with a trade 2 for an extra $10 or a 40% extra + edge I could have gotten that much from Gamestop, but I like that it's just a reasonably fair amount with little hassle.

The problem I've found is that the in-store selection at TRU is pretty spotty. If it's been out longer than a month, it's a coin flip whether they'll have it. Their customer service sucks, and the store nearest to me is kind of a dump.. I haven't ordered from their website yet, so I don't know how good or bad that is.. All I know is i hate it slightly less than Gamstop.

In any event.. they have a web-form where you can check the values they offer you, which alone makes it a good reason to at least check what they offer. http://www.toysrustradeincenter.com/

Toys R Us Trade In Values 9/13/2009
Game Price armored core 4 $5.25
Battle of the Bands $5.25
Bomberman act zero $2.10
bust-a-move DS $6.30
Culdcept Saga $6.30
DBZ Burst Limit $11.05
Final Fantasy PSP $6.85
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 $10.00
Front Mission DS $5.25
GTA Chinatown Wars $15.00
Guitar hero II $7.00
Guitar hero III $7.00
Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness $9.00
Lego Star Wars II (360)$5.25
Lego Star Wars xbox1 $2.10
lunar knights $5.25
Metroid Prime Pinball $4.20
NinjaTown DS $6.30
Prototype 360 $25.00
Simcity DS $6.30
Sonic Chronicles $9.00
Super DodgeBall Brawlers $5.25
Too Human $9.45
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume $8.75
Warhammer 40k Squad Command $5.25
Wario Master of Disguise $5.25
Wild Arms XF $5.25
Batman Arkham Asylum $43.00

If you look over what I traded, I could have gotten more for some of it by doing a craigs list or ebay thing, but my time is more valuble than the dollar or two more I'd have gotten for most of that.

For almost all the games I traded to TRU, the trade-in amounts were greater than what I'd have gotten from Gamestop - though, Gamestop's trade in values are absurdly bad 90% of the time, even if they had a decent deal going on.

So.. yeah. TRU is giving more in trade than most of their B&M competition, so I wouldn't rule them out. Use the site I linked, you'll know how much they'll give you in credit before you go in.

Just make sure you also get the SKU for your games of the site if you plan to do trades; If I didn't have my phone (G1, which has a full web browser), they wouldn't have taken prototype or the Guitar Hero games.. their internal computers can't get to the trade in page, so they can't look up things their scanner doesn't recognize.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Stopped in at my favorite GameCrazy on my way home from work to get the scoop (and my store credit on a gift card). All stores in the Twin Cities are closing except Cottage Grove and Blaine.[/QUOTE]
Totally missed this since I haven't been to the regional section in awhile, but damn. I didn't know damn near ALL of them were closing. Guess I'll hit up the 2 within 5 minutes of my place this weekend and see if anything decent is left for the clearance sale start.

I was just at GC within the last few weeks trading in X-Blades from that whole Best Buy thing. Almost bought an Edge card. Now I'm glad I didn't!

[quote name='Idx86']I was just at GC within the last few weeks trading in X-Blades from that whole Best Buy thing. Almost bought an Edge card. Now I'm glad I didn't![/QUOTE]

That must have been one hell of a salespitch to convince you to buy an EDGE card at Game Crazy.

:lol:

[quote name='MAGfuz']YAY! So it's either GS/Amazon/CL/Ebay to sell games. Good thing I don't trade games all that much anymore and I only buy games I absolutely want/gamefly the rest. Like I said, I wonder if I can get the 50% off BL and UC2:AT since I have them PO'd at the local GC![/QUOTE]

Hollywood video stores without GC have been accepting used games for trade as well. Not sure how good the trade in prices are however.

This shouldn't really be unexpected since most of the stores now have a small area for selling new videogames and consoles instead of having a larger seperate area like Gamecrazy.

bread's done
Back