Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

Just called my local Walmart (Shakopee) and they said they are holding them till Sunday December 15 for sale

Same with Best Buy, doing same thing like last Sunday, get there early and get a ticket for a PS4

So whats the status of all the blockbusters? I've only gone to Bloomington, and up until the 50% off drop, they had alot of good stock...now its pretty meh. Anyone gone to Uptown, W St. Paul or Rosemount recently? Trying to decide where to either check out today, or plan for checking tomorrow early morning...before the asshat hoarder resellers...

So whats the status of all the blockbusters? I've only gone to Bloomington, and up until the 50% off drop, they had alot of good stock...now its pretty meh. Anyone gone to Uptown, W St. Paul or Rosemount recently? Trying to decide where to either check out today, or plan for checking tomorrow early morning...before the asshat hoarder resellers...
I've had to laugh at any of the "deals" though as they were grossly overpriced. If hoarders want to overpay for a bunch of abused discs of movies no one wants, go ahead and let the fools get stuck with them!

FYI, check your emails I just got a 10% off coupon for the MOA Best Buy because they are closing the mobile phone store part of it or something. Plenty of restrictions and I don't know what triggers it (I have it listed as one of my preferred stores as I used to work at MOA and I'd stop in there all the time and it is still one of the two closest stores to where I live). 

Also, if anyone bought some blurays at Blockbuster and would like some regular bluray cases instead of those ugly converted dvd cases to put them in I've got some I'm looking to get rid of. I'd prefer to sell them in groups of 10 for $10, but would maybe consider dividing it up more. Otherwise they are going on eBay soon. 

Shoot me a PM if interested, I don't check this thread often.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an fyi...

Minnetonka Toys R Us has a copy of Project X Zone Limited Edition for $20 (the stock checker lies, they've had 2 copies for months, but I only just today picked up one of em).

Also, Best Buy in Minnetonka has a Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector's Edition. You can PM GameStop for $10 if you don't wanna goto Shingle Creek/Brooklyn Center for their potentially gutted copy or are not making an order over $25 online

Best Buy in Minnetonka has some clearance games that I believe just went down to 50% off.  Examples of what I  bought with GCU (20% off taken before 50%):

:3ds: Project X Zone - $11.19

:360:  Amazing Spiderman - $11.19

:360:  Family Guy - $9.59

:ps3: Dead Space 3 - $7.99

:360: DMC =- $8.39

There were more of those listed above and some others.  I missed out on Monster Hunter Ultimate 3 for Wii U

EDIT:  Somehow lost this one when posting - :WiiU: Wonderful 101 $10.79 (two left at 3:30 PM)

Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! for the Xbox 360 was $11.98 (Labeled as $19.98) at the Knollwood Target.  At least 2 copies were left.

Minneapolis area folks looking for a copy of Wonderful 101 for $12 at Toys R Us clearance might care to know...

The Minnetonka store had about 9 left as of 2pm Sunday. They weren't marked as clearance before so probably a big part of why they were still there but they are marked now.  Had a fair amount of games left in general (a few by the front door but plenty in the back electronics area).

I've had awful luck finding anything recently. A 3ds crossword game from TRU is the best I've done for the last couple of months.

Heads up guys, Blaine and Anoka Kmarts are closing in Dec. and are starting liquidation this Sun.

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_26605675/4-minnesota-kmart-stores-set-close
My god, the Anoka one is finally on the chopping block. I don't think I ever saw that parking lot with more than 15-20 cars in it, even on the busiest of days. At a certain point I just figured it was an entire store version of Milton Wadams and Kmart just forgot it was still sitting there open.

My god, the Anoka one is finally on the chopping block. I don't think I ever saw that parking lot with more than 15-20 cars in it, even on the busiest of days. At a certain point I just figured it was an entire store version of Milton Wadams and Kmart just forgot it was still sitting there open.
Yea, I agree. It's so remote and far out of the way - very bad local, but close to my parent's house.

Yea, I agree. It's so remote and far out of the way - very bad local, but close to my parent's house.
Yeah by today's standards it is a bad location. But when it was built it was slightly better given that the monster known as Riverdale didn't exist at the time and there wasn't much in shopping in the area. And with it being near the technical college it seemed like a good idea since K-Mart could have drawn some good business from college students. But sadly that's not the case as I suspect not even the college students know that K-Mart is across the street and are instead going to Riverdale for whatever shopping needs they have (or simply pretending that K-Mart is not there).

Yeah by today's standards it is a bad location. But when it was built it was slightly better given that the monster known as Riverdale didn't exist at the time and there wasn't much in shopping in the area. And with it being near the technical college it seemed like a good idea since K-Mart could have drawn some good business from college students. But sadly that's not the case as I suspect not even the college students know that K-Mart is across the street and are instead going to Riverdale for whatever shopping needs they have (or simply pretending that K-Mart is not there).
Indeed. I'd say Sears is on it's way out too, but they stay afloat because of their appliances and tools.

Games are 25% off, systems and accessories 10% off. Anoka still had a ton of stuff. Got Hometown Story which was clearance marked for $16, I got it for less than $6.

Indeed. I'd say Sears is on it's way out too, but they stay afloat because of their appliances and tools.
At this point I wouldn't be shocked if the Coon Rapids Sears is gone by the end of next year at the latest. The last time I was in there I saw more employees roaming around than customers. And this mind you was December last year on a Saturday during the holiday shopping season. Not a good sign for Sears.

I stopped by the Blaine K-Mart yesterday. Very depressing experience. No electronics or gaming to speak of the entire area is gutted with only some figures left. Mostly random crap that's left and they only had three registers open with lines fairly backed up. I saw nothing of value left in my opinion.

I stopped by the Blaine K-Mart yesterday. Very depressing experience. No electronics or gaming to speak of the entire area is gutted with only some figures left. Mostly random crap that's left and they only had three registers open with lines fairly backed up. I saw nothing of value left in my opinion.
The Lake Street Kmart in Minneapolis is also dead. Tons of shovelware and the gaming section is down to one wall. Kmart will be gone soon at this rate.

Sears in St. Paul has Pokemon Y x2 for $12.99 each, Pokemon X x1 for $12.99, Mario Kart 7 for $14.97, and a handful of PS4 + XB1 headsets and controller chargers. Happy hunting!

Looking to offload some stuff. Shoot me a PM if you're interested. I'm located in south burbs, so prefer local, but if you pay for shipping can ship out too.

Consoles:
- Nintendo 3DS XL Yoshi version - $175
- NES (just the system, no cords or controllers) - $5

Video Game Controllers:
- US KOC Beatmania Controllers x 2 - $35 each
- Guilty Gear XX PS3 conroller - $35
- Hori Real Arcade Pro PS3 w/Seimitsu buttons - $50
- Off brand soft DDR pads x 2 - $5 each

Games:

PS3
- BlazBlue limited edition - $20

Nintendo 3DS:
- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask - $10
- Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright (unopened) - $20

PS4
- EA UFC - $20

Thanks!

Selling my PS4 with 2 controllers & 3 games:
https://post.craigslist.org/manage/5209464785/vq77j

Located in Uptown Minneapolis.

Like new perfect condition with a brushed metal skin applied, 2 controllers, all cables, 3 games (Monopoly Family Fun Pack, Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition, and Driveclub). Everything pre-owned from Gamestop would be $533 (that's including tax @ 6.875%). Willing to take $133 off of Gamestop's price for $400 even. Keep in mind that outside of gaming it also doubles as a standard and 3D BluRay player & has apps for Spotify, Netflix, Vidzone, Crackle, Crunchyroll, Popcornflix, FUNimation, HBO GO, Plex, SnagFilms, YouTube, Hulu, NHL, Quello HD Concerts, WWE Network, NBA Gametime, YuppTV, EPIX, and more. If you aren't interested but know someone who may be - pass it on. Offers welcome but Lowballs will be ignored.

Hello Twin Cities.  I see this Thread has been Dormant for awhile but I am hoping there is some CAGs still around.  I am a CAG that has been on the site for a very long time and will be in MN for at least several months.  I have started hitting SAVERs but if anyone CAGs can direct me to some good game hunting spots, it would be appreciated.  Also, is there any indoor flea markets that are active during the winter?

Just wondering if any CAGs in Twin Cities, MN were able to find Rise of the Tomb Raiders on PS4 at Costco for $19.97, Coon Rapids had nothing and I can't think up an excuse to go to Maplewood or Maple Grove. I know there hasn't been much in this thread lately.  Figured there may be some Switch sightings posted here but I haven't seen much myself.  

*sigh* Guess I'm all alone in the Minnesota forums.  Today at Goodwill in Blaine saw they had 4 copies of Injustice 2 for PS4 and a couple for X-Box one at $49.99 not too great but if you drop off a bag of stuff the receipt has a 25% coupon bringing it to $37.50.  Sunday the 18th theres a promo for 30% off purchases of $25 or more.

I meant to post earlier but did anyone stop by Discland in Bloomington, MN the past few weeks? They are closed for good but had escalating sales all the way up through 4/30, ending with 90% off.

I got tons of games for the collection - plenty of

bread's done
Back