Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

I have no interest in the vita, at this time. I feel like it's really got an anti-customer vibe to it based on how the games are purchased, how absurd the (required) memory stick is, and just general Sony history.

I don't have a 3DS yet either for similar reasons.. I don't like that Nintendo can theoretically remote-brick a unit, so I'm skipping that one too for the time being. I've seen mixed reports about the 3DS and the remote-brick, but to my knowledge, nobody from Nintendo has said "no, we're not going to brick units". I dislike how the fear of piracy is resulting in a a whole lot of policies that impact a legitimate user more than the pirates.

[quote name='BattleChicken']I have no interest in the vita, at this time. I feel like it's really got an anti-customer vibe to it based on how the games are purchased, how absurd the (required) memory stick is, and just general Sony history.

I don't have a 3DS yet either for similar reasons.. I don't like that Nintendo can theoretically remote-brick a unit, so I'm skipping that one too for the time being. I've seen mixed reports about the 3DS and the remote-brick, but to my knowledge, nobody from Nintendo has said "no, we're not going to brick units". I dislike how the fear of piracy is resulting in a a whole lot of policies that impact a legitimate user more than the pirates.[/QUOTE]

You have to admit though, the 3DS in terms of your reasoning is the lesser of two evils. They let you use standard SD cards for storage, which is now a dedicated place for downloadable games...meaning its essentially "required" and Nintendo could just as easily pull a Sony to better pack their pockets (not to mention they also give you the required SD card with your system at what appears as a non additional charge (after initial price change)).

I completely agree with the remote brick fear, its insanely ridiculous. But you've got to draw a line between reality (ie, no reports that I've seen about bricks, and trust me alot of people are using flash cards) and legitimate concerns (Sony's non-standard memory cards) in terms of the enjoyment you could get out of the product (LoZ: OoT remake was AWESOME).

These are the first two handhelds I havent bought. In fact just before the 3ds came out I sold my DSi and PSP. I just found myself never using them. When I was at home I would use a console for the most part and unless you have a lot of public transportation, as an adult I don't have time to play besides right before I go to bed and the unspeakable bathroom break ;).

When I am actually interested in playing mobile games I need pick up and play and quit short bursts not portable console games no matter how good they are. Sadly, the android/iphone/ipad in my life satisfy this need much better than either of these devices do. Still part of me wants to buy them for the one-two killer games a year but I know they will just collect dust.

I will be picking up my Vita today on the way home from work. I am actually rather excited about it and really looking forward to it. The games look great so far and I like the specs of the system. I have held one of the demo units and I think it feels good in my hands. I will be holding off on buying everything I was going to until new week though with the ToysRUs deal that is suppose to be happening.

that's on PS3 as well? Never knew...

Ridgedale Target had a couple copies of Bulletstorm and Castlevania for 360 at the $9 price this morning. Knollwood Target had about a dozen copies of Madden 11 for $23 I think last night.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Anyone found targets with Child of Eden for PS3 at ~$11?[/QUOTE]

The Apple Valley South Target had a few copies as of Sunday.

[quote name='nasum']that's on PS3 as well? Never knew...[/QUOTE]

Yep, its been posted alot on the main deals thread.

[quote name='Azeroth2k']The Apple Valley South Target had a few copies as of Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Damn, figures it'd be a far away location!

As of 2:30 this afternoon, there is one more copy of Mass Effect 2 on PS3 available at the Apple Valley Best Buy. Coupled with the coupon in BB's magazine, I picked up the game for 5 bucks and some change. Most places around the Twin Cities have the game removed from their inventory.

If anyone is planning on going to the Apple Valley target that ALSO plan on being in or near Minneapolis, St. Louis Park, or the U of MN TC campus...could they pick me up a Child of Eden for PS3? :D

Otherwise I'm leaning towards just taking advantage of the Newegg deal of $16.

Roseville Target had 6+ copies of Castlevania for $8.98, Too good to pass up at that price even though I have no time to play it.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']If anyone is planning on going to the Apple Valley target that ALSO plan on being in or near Minneapolis, St. Louis Park, or the U of MN TC campus...could they pick me up a Child of Eden for PS3? :D

Otherwise I'm leaning towards just taking advantage of the Newegg deal of $16.[/QUOTE]

Fridley Target had two left as of yesterday.

Anyone see any cheap Skyrim collectors edition out in the wild? (PS3 version) - played it to death but am getting the itch again...

BestBuy on Cedar in Apple Valley had 3 :360: Skyrim Collector editions with a 30% off sticker on them. The clearance price is $99.99, so $70 after 30% off.

If you're looking for the $35 Tiger Woods game, there was one left for 360 and maybe 4 or 5 left for PS3 this morning at the Knollwood Target. I think I saw two or three Res Evil Raccoon City CE copies as well.

I am looking to sell my vita and extras - it is is perfect shape. i have UC:Golden Abyss, Lumines and FIFA. I have not used the 3G/Super Stardust offer either, so i will include that. Also comes with an 8GB mem card. PM me for more details. Local (Twin Cites) only. $280-$300

[quote name='PapaSmerf']BestBuy on Cedar in Apple Valley had 3 :360: Skyrim Collector editions with a 30% off sticker on them. The clearance price is $99.99, so $70 after 30% off.[/QUOTE]

Fun story, they still have them but took the 30% off away so they are just $99 again. Silly Best Buy, learn how to clearance...

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Fun story, they still have them but took the 30% off away so they are just $99 again. Silly Best Buy, learn how to clearance...[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too a couple days ago... Ugh. Not that I need one, but still...

[quote name='brak014']Eden Prarie Target still has stand alone copies of Rock Band 3 for PS3 for $9.98[/QUOTE]

is dead rising 2 otr on clerence yet

Richfield Best Buy will not be doing a midnight release for Diablo 3 due to construction.
For anyone that preordered there you should have received an email, but you can get it between 8-10AM and there will be a drawing for the people that show up to get theirs for 1 free collectors edition.
Also guides will be $10.99 and Collectors guides will be $19.99.
Nice deal on guides if you're still picking it up there.
I had to change mine because I MUST play this at 2AM when the servers pop up!

If anyone had the same idea I had, don't bother......

I went to Cedar Ave BB hoping they had the 30% sticker on the Skyrim CEs and the old $99 tag. With the recent price adjustment to $60, they would be $42.

Those darn meticulous blueshirts had it marked clearance at $60 already (obviously no yellow 30% stickers).

Perhaps these were $70 earlier in the week? I just saw the price cut post on the deals forum this morning so I may have missed it.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']If anyone had the same idea I had, don't bother......

I went to Cedar Ave BB hoping they had the 30% sticker on the Skyrim CEs and the old $99 tag. With the recent price adjustment to $60, they would be $42.

Those darn meticulous blueshirts had it marked clearance at $60 already (obviously no yellow 30% stickers).

Perhaps these were $70 earlier in the week? I just saw the price cut post on the deals forum this morning so I may have missed it.[/QUOTE]

Two post above your own I mentioned that they had put them back out at $70. A couple of post above that another user and myself discussed how they took the 30% off stickers weeks ago and actually were selling them at $99 again.

That said, I do like where your head is at.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Two post above your own I mentioned that they had put them back out at $70. A couple of post above that another user and myself discussed how they took the 30% off stickers weeks ago and actually were selling them at $99 again.

That said, I do like where your head is at.[/QUOTE]
I thought perhaps they were at $70 again because they put the 30% off stickers back on, but see now they were simply priced $70 in the system.

Fun story. So I was at Apple Valley South Target today. I happened to notice that they have a very random selection of mostly older pre-owned titles, all marked $12.99. It seems that they are doing all of their used games at one flat rate, meaning I'm sure that most games will be way over priced but there may be a few gems. Anyway, I brought up a clearanced 3DS game and ask them,

"how long have you had the pre-owned games?"

"This isn't a pre-owned game." says the clerk referring to the game I'm buying.

"No, I'm talking about the pre-owned games on the opposite side of the value games by the patio stuff."

"We shouldn't have pre-owned games out. Do you remember what title it was?"

"uhh... there was like 10 shelves of them."

"Uh oh... I have to go look into that, we shouldn't have those out. Have a good day."

He then walked away and immediately went to look at said games.

Maybe someone put out some pre-owned games ahead of time?

[quote name='whiptcracker']Best Buy in Brooklyn Center is closing and video games are 20% off. Bought Resistance 3, $6 came off and then I used the $20 coupon. Plenty of copies left.[/QUOTE]

Did it require manager override? i.e. they scanned the game, 20% comes off, you handed them the coupon and the additional $20 just came off without issue?

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Fun story. So I was at Apple Valley South Target today. I happened to notice that they have a very random selection of mostly older pre-owned titles, all marked $12.99. It seems that they are doing all of their used games at one flat rate, meaning I'm sure that most games will be way over priced but there may be a few gems.[/QUOTE]

Interesting...I didn't even think they took in games to be able to sell them...Also seems like a strange thing to make them all single price. Apple Valley is a bit outta the way, but if you notice anything more keep us posted. If it is early put out, then I'd doubt other targets would have them unless they are starting sometime this week.

[quote name='whiptcracker']Best Buy in Brooklyn Center is closing and video games are 20% off. Bought Resistance 3, $6 came off and then I used the $20 coupon. Plenty of copies left.[/QUOTE]

Dammit, I was just there last night and no games were on clearance!!! Please tell me the accessories were still just 25% off so I don't feel like i wasted money on getting a backup PS3 remote.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Did it require manager override? i.e. they scanned the game, 20% comes off, you handed them the coupon and the additional $20 just came off without issue?[/QUOTE]

I didn't even see any signs that the games were 20% so I didn't expect it, it just automatically came off with no manager override.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Dammit, I was just there last night and no games were on clearance!!! Please tell me the accessories were still just 25% off so I don't feel like i wasted money on getting a backup PS3 remote.[/QUOTE]

Didn't look at accessories, but the area where they were looked pretty cleared out, and all their used games are gone aside from a couple random ones.

[quote name='whiptcracker']I didn't even see any signs that the games were 20% so I didn't expect it, it just automatically came off with no manager override.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whiptcracker']Didn't look at accessories, but the area where they were looked pretty cleared out, and all their used games are gone aside from a couple random ones.[/QUOTE]

Ya, that was pretty much the same, but you say there was no signs? Maybe it was 20% off when I went and I just wasn't aware!

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Ya, that was pretty much the same, but you say there was no signs? Maybe it was 20% off when I went and I just wasn't aware![/QUOTE]

Didn't see any, except one for 15% off of some accessories in another area. I went in just to use the Resistance and Dirt 3 coupons, and was surprised when they took 20% off of both games. I'm going bakc tonight, because if it is 20% off in addition to the coupons, that's a pretty good deal on SSX.

[quote name='whiptcracker']Didn't see any, except one for 15% off of some accessories in another area. I went in just to use the Resistance and Dirt 3 coupons, and was surprised when they took 20% off of both games. I'm going bakc tonight, because if it is 20% off in addition to the coupons, that's a pretty good deal on SSX.[/QUOTE]

The coupons!! I forgot about that! Damn, I should get Resistance, but I think there was only 1 or 2 when I was there (and you probably got one of em)

Target in lakeville had used games too. Nothing really notable, Episodes from Liberty City is an ok price (not great) at $12.99, saw Obvlion Game of the Year edition as well but I'm guessing all the DLC is on codes so not a good deal.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']The coupons!! I forgot about that! Damn, I should get Resistance, but I think there was only 1 or 2 when I was there (and you probably got one of em)[/QUOTE]

At Brooklyn Center? There were like 15 of them.

[quote name='whiptcracker']At Brooklyn Center? There were like 15 of them.[/QUOTE]

Really? I swear I only saw a couple, maybe I'll drive back out there to check. Did they have any @gamer magazines, I didn't check last time?

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Really? I swear I only saw a couple, maybe I'll drive back out there to check. Did they have any @gamer magazines, I didn't check last time?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about that. I went in with coupons so I didn't look for one, but they are still signing people up for the Unlocked program there, so I would think that they would still have the magazine in store.

Edina Best Buy is closing and also has 20% off all games. They had 2 Skyrim CE's for PS3 and one for 360. Should be $48 + tax. They were told not to give the 20% off closing discount along with @gamer coupons. Only had one Resistance 3 left anyway.

[quote name='cloudmd23']Damn, what's with all the BB closures?

Edina is pretty close to me, I'll have to check that out.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy isn't doing so hot right now. A couple months back they announced a bunch of store closures around the nation.

I'll have to check out the Edina store as well. Hmm, maybe this weekend.

Also it doesn't help the company's image when the CEO leaves because he was using a private plane to bang an employee.

Damn, just got back from both Edina and Brooklyn Center. Both had Resistance 3 boxed to ship to other stores. I was super pissed because I called Edina within 15 minutes of getting there, was told they had 3 in stock, got there and was told they had none. They were super rude to me about it too. Oh well, I got 5 fucking long usb extension cables for $3, I'm happy.

If anyone simply happens to be interested in a copy, the Apple Valley Walmart has ACDC RockBand for $5. Worth it just for the download code to add a bunch of ACDC to your music library (in my opinion). They had quite a few of them on an end rack right in front of the glass case games (along with some other clearance games, nothing of note).

bread's done
Back