Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

Don't now if anyone care about free movie screenings, but I saw this for Hot Tub Time Machine. It's a free screening of the movie, I went to these all the time in Phoenix, but it's usually packed. So if any one wanted to see a free movie here you go. I saw that Oakdale had vacancies, I did not check others though and they all seem to be on Tuesday nights for the most part. All my friends live in Phoenix or Eau Claire and do not want to drive to the cities to see a movie. I guess you get free shirts and popcorn as well, just figured I would throw it out there for you CAG's.

This is not a Minnesota only deal but wanted to share this thought it was a pretty good buy.

Bought this today - Free shipping and $20.00 off. New not refurb ;)

http://us.creative.com/local/1/promo/externalsoundblaster/welcome.asp?WT.srch=1&WT.source=Google&WT.camp=Sou nd%20Cards&WT.adgp=X-Fi%20Surround

Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1
Item ID:B0017QQQAE $59.99 Shipping $0.00 Promotional Discount: -$20.00 Total: $39.99

41g2P1RbAUL._SL75_.jpg
Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1

^ If that would work somehow with tvs, id be game. would love to hear all my games/movies in 5.1 in my room with something simple like that. Would make me re-watch everything/watch for 1st time (since I have a BD backlog)

So is there still anything decent at those HWVs in and around the Cities that are closing, or have they been picked clean? Finding a cheap Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Platinum Hits or L4D:GOTY would be awesome, but I suppose little chance of that.

The Movie Gallery in Blaine on 109th & University doesn't have much for gaming left. A few okay titles buried in the mix but most of the stuff is skip able. On a funny note they have the seventh season of "24" for $4.99 a disc. That would bring the total to $30 which is at least $5 more than it sells for new on Amazon for (and even more than what it sells for thru third party sellers).

Does anyone in the metro area have a 360 transfer cable they'd be willing to let me borrow. I bought a new hard drive and it should be here next week, but it doesn't come with a cable and Microsoft is charging for them now, so I thought I'd see if any Minnesotans had one lying around. Thanks.

Anyone looking to grab a beatles RB LE from target they have 1 of each @ the shorview store on lexington. That was as of 10 am today.

[quote name='rmb']Anyone looking to grab a beatles RB LE from target they have 1 of each @ the shorview store on lexington. That was as of 10 am today.[/QUOTE]
Is that priced at less than $120?

I've seen quite a few at $124. I have too many plastic instruments to bite until 75% off and even then probably only for a friend. I won't be too disappointed in the likely event that I miss one entirely.

Thanks, I did not want to drive too far without knowing. I have seen quite a few further South at $124. I have too many plastic instruments to buy at that price and even then it would probably be for a friend. I won't be too disappointed in the likely event that I miss one entirely.

Yea, pretty much the same here. Don't care about how the guitar looks, etc. I want the game and if I can grab a ps3 version @75% I would. Until then I could care less. I hadn't seen any at that price yet. They should make it to 75%, it will just be a matter of being there on the monday they get marked down to get one.

If for some reason you feel compelled to get Dark Void for the PS3, Minnetonka Best Buy has it for $30. It's on a 50% off display right by the registers.

metacritic of 59, users rate it 5.2! Gotta pass, most of the time user ratings are higher than the metacritic score. This has to be a real turd of a game!

yeah theres a lot of recent games on that rack by the registers for 50% off at Minnetonka BB. Getting paid today, going to go check it out again.

Stopped by Midway target last night. Picked up lego rock band for $12 and guitar hero smash hits for $10, both for 360. 2 lego rock bands left as of 6pm last night.

Didn't see any other worthwhile clearance.

Went to the Cottage Grove GameCrazy at lunch today to use some credit on the B2G1 free sale. Store was pretty bare and I was told everything left will be 30% off tomorrow because they are closing. He also said the only Hollywood Video that will be left in the Twin Cities will be Roseville. Obviously, I used up all my credit then and there. Anyone who still has credit/gift cards better use it now since it may be that there will be no place to spend it in a month or so.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Went to the Cottage Grove GameCrazy at lunch today to use some credit on the B2G1 free sale. Store was pretty bare and I was told everything left will be 30% off tomorrow because they are closing. He also said the only Hollywood Video that will be left in the Twin Cities will be Roseville. Obviously, I used up all my credit then and there. Anyone who still has credit/gift cards better use it now since it may be that there will be no place to spend it in a month or so.[/QUOTE]
Try the Blaine store. I believe they are still going to be open.

Have you been there in the last few days? It seems like this just came up pretty suddenly. That one is a drive for me. The clerk may not have known what he was talking about, but my impression was that one was closing as well.

Just called Blaine. He confirmed that Roseville will be the only presence left for HWV and GC in the Twin Cities. He believes the B2G1 will be on tomorrow, but Friday is liquidation. He was not sure of this though. I am very sorry to see GameCrazy go.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Just called Blaine. He confirmed that Roseville will be the only presence left for HWV and GC in the Twin Cities. He believes the B2G1 will be on tomorrow, but Friday is liquidation. He was not sure of this though. I am very sorry to see GameCrazy go.[/QUOTE]

Oh good, I'm glad Blaine is getting their's. Never had a good experience in that store, not once.

The big picture is there will be no more GameCrazys in the Twin Cities. I fail to see how that is a good thing. I hope you really like GameStop since soon that will be nearly your only choice. I'm sure they will continue to offer excellent deals even though they don't have to. I think they are run well enough to take full advantage of being the only option in the market. BTW, I have had way better service from GameCrazy than the competition.

That did come up recent then. Couple months ago CG and Blaine were to remain open. Roseville was closedlast I checked. They reopened?
IGH walmart still had a couple socom headset bundles left yesterday $19.xx

[quote name='PapaSmerf']The big picture is there will be no more GameCrazys in the Twin Cities. I fail to see how that is a good thing. I hope you really like GameStop since soon that will be nearly your only choice. I'm sure they will continue to offer excellent deals even though they don't have to. I think they are run well enough to take full advantage of being the only option in the market. BTW, I have had way better service from GameCrazy than the competition.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but Gamestop hasn't been considering Gamecrazy as competition for a while. Hence the reason we already see fewer trade-in deals (with the exception of the current 50% bump), overall lower trade-in values (games have gone up $10 this generation but the trade-in values are just about the same as the last generation?) and buy 2 get 1 free weekends. I've just plain switched to other avenues rather than gamestop. Ebay, Amazon, and just plain buying fewer games.

I used to be a loyal Gamestop Edge subscriber for at least 4 years straight, by that I mean as soon as my subscription came up then I would renew it again. My most recent subscription expired over 4 months ago and I've stepped foot in Gamestop exactly once since then. I have no plan to renew my Edge card ever again because I just don't see a point in dealing with them anymore. Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Amazon, etc. all pass on some savings to their customers, Gamestop doesn't.

I have no reason to shop at Gamestop when the only way you can save any money there is on used games. This is especially true now that game companies are including original purchaser only incentives.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was referring to used games. I seldom buy a game new unless it is on clearance or Best Buy is giving them away. You are correct in that we are surely going to see some strategies by the game producers to "encourage" the purchase of new retail copies and make used copies less attractive.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Yeah but Gamestop hasn't been considering Gamecrazy as competition for a while. Hence the reason we already see fewer trade-in deals (with the exception of the current 50% bump), overall lower trade-in values (games have gone up $10 this generation but the trade-in values are just about the same as the last generation?) and buy 2 get 1 free weekends. I've just plain switched to other avenues rather than gamestop. Ebay, Amazon, and just plain buying fewer games.

I used to be a loyal Gamestop Edge subscriber for at least 4 years straight, by that I mean as soon as my subscription came up then I would renew it again. My most recent subscription expired over 4 months ago and I've stepped foot in Gamestop exactly once since then. I have no plan to renew my Edge card ever again because I just don't see a point in dealing with them anymore. Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Amazon, etc. all pass on some savings to their customers, Gamestop doesn't.

I have no reason to shop at Gamestop when the only way you can save any money there is on used games. This is especially true now that game companies are including original purchaser only incentives.[/QUOTE]
It only makes sense that GS not discount new games. Considering their business model, they make more on used game sales. If they reduce new game prices the used ones would have to drop as well. To each their own but any gamer not taking advantage of various promos at GS is missing out on some of the good deals.

[quote name='PapaSmerf'] He believes the B2G1 will be on tomorrow, but Friday is liquidation. He was not sure of this though. I am very sorry to see GameCrazy go.[/QUOTE]

Nothing on sale there yet. Although I wouldn't say the store has much stock anyway.

[quote name='seraxell']Nothing on sale there yet. Although I wouldn't say the store has much stock anyway.[/QUOTE]
Cottage Grove was also cleared out. When they liquidate, most of the new and good titles are sent to other locations.

Just stopped by the quarry target. Not many good clearance finds.

I saw the following:

Rock Band Unplugged 7.48 PSP
Transformers ROF 7.48 PSP
Transformers ROF 7.48 PC
and 5+ copies of GI Joe Wii for 7.48

Just stopped by the target in lake elmo and they had about 5 of the wired xbox 360 controllers for 19.xx, a few fnr4(360) for 9.xx, they also had a bunch of
Batman AA(pc) 12.xx
transformers(pc) at 7.xx
nba 2k10(pc) at 12.xx

[quote name='PapaSmerf']He also said the only Hollywood Video that will be left in the Twin Cities will be Roseville.[/QUOTE]

That's a bummer...when I was up in the Cities checking out several HWVs during that $5 games sale awhile, the store that seemed both the nicest-looking and most busy (I actually had to wait in a line when I was checking out) was the one on Lyndale. Granted, I didn't stop in the Rosedale one, so I don't know what that one's like. But was almost sorta rooting for this one to remain open.

So I wonder when the Store Location list is going to update to mention the rest of the stores closng?

BTW, is there anyone here who's been to the Lakeville or Farmington HWVs recently and knows if they might have anything decent still?

[quote name='whiptcracker']Which Roseville one? The one on Snelling has been closed for awhile.[/QUOTE]
The GameCrazy on Snelling was closed, but the HWV was not. My info says the only store left from the whole franchise (in our area) will be one Hollywood Video in Roseville. No GameCrazys at all. All other Hollywood Video stores closed. As mentioned in another post, one HWV store serving the entire Twin Cities.

EDIT: I was assuming the HWV was the same one the the GC was located in. I don't know of any others in that city.

Hey, don't usually go deal hunting too often (not much time for gaming :( ) but I happened to walk by the PS3 case and saw GH Metallica PS3 for $10 at the Target in Woodbury Saturday night. There was 1 left.

[quote name='Cheapskate']
BTW, is there anyone here who's been to the Lakeville or Farmington HWVs recently and knows if they might have anything decent still?[/QUOTE]

I was at Lakeville yesterday, and games and :br: are at 50% off.

Wasn't much decent left though.

Most memorable deals were Watchmen 1&2 :ps3: for $8.50 and Public Enemies :br: for $10

Just got back from Sams Club in Woodbury and they had one copy of each if any CAG is interested and has a membership:

DJ Hero (PS3/360) $57.81
Ghostbusters (PS3) $10.81

[quote name='Davestation']Just got back from Sams Club in Woodbury and they had one copy of each if any CAG is interested and has a membership:

DJ Hero (PS3/360) $57.81
Ghostbusters (PS3) $10.81[/QUOTE]
Hm... that's about the price I'm willing to pay for DJ Hero, going to check out my Sam's Club sometime soon hopefully. Thanks.

Makes me wonder how long it'll be before other stores really cut the price on DJ Hero. Seems like every Best Buy in the metro is overstocked to the gills with the game along with the Tony Hawk skateboard game that nobody wants.

I've had second thoughts on two recent clearance purchases. If anyone wants them let me know by Saturday or I'll just return them:

EDIT: Nevermind, gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back