Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

[quote name='dbiersdorf']Also anyone interested in a GP2X? I'm selling mine.[/QUOTE]

If...

A) Improved GP2Xes weren't coming out

And...

B) I wasn't in such a tight cash squeeze at the moment

Then I would grab it.

[quote name='whiptcracker']I can probably pick Pokemon Dash up for you(there were still a bunch of copies yesterday), but everything I've heard about the game has been absolutely horrible.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I know, I sort of collect every Pokemon game. :D

Anyone know of a CC with Drill Dozer near the Twin Cities? They were out at Burnsville and Minnetonka. That's pretty much the only one I really want (other than Guilty Gear which I grabbed yay).

Hey, Demolition Man, how many of the games from the current clearance does your Circuit City still have? Are the prices at your store in the system yet? If so, I might stop by tonight and grab a few.

[quote name='inubu']Hey, Demolition Man, how many of the games from the current clearance does your Circuit City still have? Are the prices at your store in the system yet? If so, I might stop by tonight and grab a few.[/QUOTE]

I believe there's a special rack that has the clearanced games. I only saw a few marked down in the regular area.

Mine had a few of the GBA.

Regardless I picked up

Trace Memory
Metroid Prime Pinball
Mario Party Advance
Donkey Kong King of Swing

And had I seen Final Fantasy IV on the list I would have got that too. :( Oh and this was Edina BTW. Didn't really look at console stuff too much, either I had it all or it was mostly garbage. I really only looked for Half-Life 2, because I just assumed that would be good trade bait, but they didn't have it.

Anyone seen any of these?

Dr. Mario Puzzle League
Drill Dozer
Kirby And The Amazing Mirror
Mario VS Donkey Kong
Metroid Classics Series
Tales Of Phantasia

That's pretty much all I want from the sale.

[quote name='dbiersdorf']Mine had a few of the GBA.

Regardless I picked up

Trace Memory
Metroid Prime Pinball
Mario Party Advance

And had I seen Final Fantasy IV on the list I would have got that too. :( Oh and this was Edina BTW. Didn't really look at console stuff too much, either I had it all or it was mostly garbage. I really only looked for Half-Life 2, because I just assumed that would be good trade bait, but they didn't have it.

Dr. Mario Puzzle League
Drill Dozer
Mario VS Donkey Kong
Metroid Classics Series
Tales Of Phantasia

That's pretty much all I want from the sale.[/quote]

I was at Burnsville last night and they had Dr. Mario, Mario vs DK, Metroid, and Tales of Phantasia...but that was last night. May be gone by now.

[quote name='dbiersdorf']Mine had a few of the GBA.

Regardless I picked up

Trace Memory
Metroid Prime Pinball
Mario Party Advance

Dr. Mario Puzzle League
Drill Dozer
Mario VS Donkey Kong
Metroid Classics Series
Tales Of Phantasia

That's pretty much all I want from the sale.[/QUOTE]

Huh? When I was there earlier today, the DS/GBA stuff was pretty much wiped clean, but there was at least 6 copies of HL2 there. And I was hoping to get Trace Memory. Curse you!

woodbury didn't have much, but the employee was sooo helpful. He looked up about 15 titles in the system.

only found Mario Party Advance, Donkey Kong King Of Swing, Mario VS Donkey Kong

Someone played 'Hide-the-Game' at the Ridgedale store. They still had Sigma Star Story and Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral town at close last night if anyone is looking for them, but I got the last Dr. Mario Puzzle League and Metal Slug 4 & 5. Called around and I don't think any store has Drill Dozer.

Has anyone seen a store(preferably TRU or BB) with Killer 7 in stock, GC version? I heard it's $15 everywhere now, but I haven't found any copies yet.

I may have found the worst video game deal of all times.

At the Blaine Walmart they have a *used* copy of Catwoman for the Xbox for sale on their store shelves. It is a previously played/returned item, and as such comes with a No Warranty/No Return policy.

The price? $19.99.

Better run and get it before it's gone!

As of right this moment, St Paul Sears on Rice St has three 3-month Xbox LIVE packages with the headset for $5.00 - apparently, its being closed out.

Would grab one for myself but I don't have internet. That sucks.

[quote name='vamspapi']Has anyone seen a store(preferably TRU or BB) with Killer 7 in stock, GC version? I heard it's $15 everywhere now, but I haven't found any copies yet.[/QUOTE]
the gamestop in lino lakes had one a few days ago

What happened to all of the Gamestop's and EB's PS1 games? I'm too lazy to call and ask. ANyone have a clue if they were sent up north to coon rapids LIKE ALWAYS! I hate driving up there for the B2G1 free sale just to find 1 game without pairing it up with another one I want.

I've noticed the same thing around the South Burbian part of town. PS1 in EB/GS is almost non-existant. The store in Lakeville that I go to has some, but again, it's not an EB/GS. I agree that they're probably going to some central location, and if it's Coon Rapids, that's a helluva haul for me just to find a couple of good ones.

Is the B2G1 sale coming back soon?

[quote name='nintendokid']What happened to all of the Gamestop's and EB's PS1 games? I'm too lazy to call and ask. ANyone have a clue if they were sent up north to coon rapids LIKE ALWAYS! I hate driving up there for the B2G1 free sale just to find 1 game without pairing it up with another one I want.[/QUOTE]

since they don't buy them back anymore they were consolidated into the stores that were selling them the best. i know the 2 in blaine still carry them and i think roseville. i will try to find out more if i can.

You guys are slipping, I managed to find a copy of Final Fantasy VII at Half Price Books in Blaine for $9.98. I can't decide if I want to keep it or EBay it. I also found Super Smash Brothers Melee at Pawn America at Northtown for $7. Not really a spectacular deal but considering the game never drops below about $25 even for a used copy, I'm not complaining.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You guys are slipping, I managed to find a copy of Final Fantasy VII at Half Price Books in Blaine for $9.98.[/QUOTE]

I almost thought about grabbing that copy myself.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I almost thought about grabbing that copy myself.[/QUOTE]

Why didn't you? I'm glad you didn't cause now I have it but $10 for FFVII seems like a no brainer. Even if you already own it, its still going for over $50 on Ebay.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Why didn't you? I'm glad you didn't cause now I have it but $10 for FFVII seems like a no brainer. Even if you already own it, its still going for over $50 on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

I thought I would leave it for a fellow gamer who wanted a cheap ass copy of FF7. :D

Anyone else boycott Maplewood GameStop? They are horrible. Check out my thread about my experience there. I didn't think of putting the story here until now. Please help me boycott that store for the sake of gamers.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105537

Maplewood EB is still good though. The Roseville Gamestop is run by spectacular employees. They even offer to keep games on hold until you pick it up if you call over the phone, which is not really store policy.

I stick to the Roseville Gamestop. I go there once, maybe twice, a month to browse. I've only bought from them twice, one incident being a botched pre-order.

I guess the employees are okay, though they tend to be kind of merciless with the pre-order hassling. I've heard them get awful with people over the Halo 2 and Madden pre-orders, telling the customers obvious lies about how these titles will be sold out at release, etc. I've stopped in at other stores to piss around at the kiosks and rarely hear the employees BS people to get pre-orders the way those Roseville cats do. I guess they NEED that kickback.

Back to the point, seeing as how I don't stop in at the Maplewood Gamestop, I am 100% behind you on the boycott.

[quote name='dothog']
I guess the employees are okay, though they tend to be kind of merciless with the pre-order hassling. I've heard them get awful with people over the Halo 2 and Madden pre-orders, telling the customers obvious lies about how these titles will be sold out at release, etc.[/quote]

Hmmm...they could really get in trouble for that. Just because they are not on commission does not mean they can make a false claim like that. I was a straight-commissions appliance sales agent for Sears. Things you can say versus a legal version of what you can say when you are in the middle of a sales:

Illegal: We might run out of this one by the weekend.
Legal: People buy these a lot so we are not sure how long they will stay in stock.

Illegal: Regarding shooting games, this is the best game out there.
Legal: I think you would really enjoy this game.

Illegal: This title will be sold out on release day.
Legal: You might want to place a reservation for it to guarantee that you'll get it on release day.

It's actually grounds for a lawsuit because it is considered pushing sales illegally. They can also get in trouble from companies (with a good lawyer :lol: ) if they are pinpointing and illegally pushing highly anticipated titles versus other titles.

Well, I'm not too worked up about it. I just feel sorry for those customers who don't know any better. I suppose GameStop employees justify their coercion by assuming that the customer is going to buy the game anyway, and seeing as how the pre-order doesn't cost them any more, what does it hurt?

I'd just like to add that the Roseville is the most aggressive I've seen and is not the norm. I've been to lots of game stores in the Twin Cities area, and most employees are pretty casual about it. They'll mention it up by rote when they're ringing you up, but most don't pull the hard sell tactics.

While we're talking about customer service, I'd like to add that the people in the CompUSA in Roseville (next door to the Gamestop) are fantastic. An example from a month or so ago was when I went in a while ago looking for a copy of ESPN NFL 2K5 on the 25% off clearance price deal and had a devil of a time finding it. An employee asked me if there was anything in particular I was looking for while I was standing around, scanning through clearance, and when I mentioned the game he immediately walked over to a bin and pulled a copy for me right away. It's no biggie, but it's nice to see an employee who's even concerned about a lowly clearance bin scavenger.

I realize this has nothing to do with deals, but just spreading a little love around in case any game store employees are reading this thread. It's not all complaints.

[quote name='dothog']I realize this has nothing to do with deals, but just spreading a little love around in case any game store employees are reading this thread. It's not all complaints.[/QUOTE]

*Thank you!* :D

[quote name='nintendokid']Maplewood EB is still good though.[/QUOTE]

Not really, those fuckers refused to take any trade-ins when I went to pick up VP2 today with a "we've taken in all the trade-ins we're allowed to for the day" line. What kind of load of crap is that? For the markup they give these, there is no reason to ever refuse trade-ins. This is the first time I've ever seen such b.s.

[quote name='Nogib']Not really, those fuckers refused to take any trade-ins when I went to pick up VP2 today with a "we've taken in all the trade-ins we're allowed to for the day" line. What kind of load of crap is that? For the markup they give these, there is no reason to ever refuse trade-ins. This is the first time I've ever seen such b.s.[/QUOTE]

Call the customer service number. Their district manager will be VERY upset at knowing that they turned down tradeins.

This is why I only go to localy owned small businesses. I go to toyrific in maplewood and games 4 less in lino lakes. Both have old school all the way to new and both don't breath down my neck about preorders. I can't stand gamestop because of that and that I feel like I just got raped when I bring things in. I bring most of my stuff to games 4 less because they are closest to me and they give me the most for what I bring in. Just my 2 cents

Okay... fess up here folks....... who was outside the newer Gamestop by Northdown this morning at 8 AM? Fess up now and I might not laugh at you. :lol:

[quote name='Demolition Man']Okay... fess up here folks....... who was outside the newer Gamestop by Northdown this morning at 8 AM? Fess up now and I might not laugh at you. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Were there lines? Anybody know about lines anywhere else? Pics maybe?

[quote name='dothog']Were there lines? Anybody know about lines anywhere else? Pics maybe?[/QUOTE]

Like I said I saw three people outside the newer Northtown Gamestop at 8 AM this morning. Sadly its hard to get a picture with a shitty ass cellphone camera on a freakin city bus. :lol:

[quote name='dothog']Anybody give the Wii pre-orders a spin today in the Twin Cities area?[/QUOTE]

I did.. and it was just freezing. I went to the Midway one and I got #5/17.

[quote name='adg1034']Wait- Midway? The one on University in St. Paul? I was there then, too- I was right after you.[/QUOTE]

Ohh haaa. Didn't think to find a CAGer there since everyone seems to be... out there more.

How's the B2G1 free going for everyone? Man, FF:CC and Champions of Norrath are just buzzing in my head. BUT MUST CONSERVE MONEY FOR BILLS! Not only that, but I have very mixed feelings about that FFCC. One hand, I've never played it. On the other hand, I love the music and watching the gameplay trailers, it looks like a no-brainer for me.

does anyone actually know a place in minnesota where the gears of war thing is happening??? neither st.cloud or willmar is doing it

[quote name='nintendokid']How's the B2G1 free going for everyone? Man, FF:CC and Champions of Norrath are just buzzing in my head. BUT MUST CONSERVE MONEY FOR BILLS! Not only that, but I have very mixed feelings about that FFCC. One hand, I've never played it. On the other hand, I love the music and watching the gameplay trailers, it looks like a no-brainer for me.[/QUOTE]
Picked up gi joe season 1 part 2, disgaea 2 and metal gear solid 3 subsistence limited editon earlier today.

[quote name='Shalafi']does anyone actually know a place in minnesota where the gears of war thing is happening??? neither st.cloud or willmar is doing it[/QUOTE]

Both the EB and Gamestop at Riverdale in Coon Rapids are doing it.

bread's done
Back