Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

[quote name='HeyBeerman']sorry ... how do you get the $20 GC?[/QUOTE]

Deal was only good yesterday. CC gauranteed they would have Mario Party 8 in-stock from 2PM until the store closed. If you went there for it and they did not have it you could get a $20 giftcard free. The Woodbury CC ran out of the game so it was an easy $20.

FYI for anyone interested in going to Roger Waters on June 30th they are now selling 4 pack of tickets for $21 a seat. Upper deck level but not a bad price if you and a few buds want to go on the cheap.

PinkPigMSG.jpg

Besides how can you not say that this alone is worth $21 of your hard earned dollars. :D

[quote name='Demolition Man']FYI for anyone interested in going to Roger Waters on June 30th they are now selling 4 pack of tickets for $21 a seat. Upper deck level but not a bad price if you and a few buds want to go on the cheap.

Besides how can you not say that this alone is worth $21 of your hard earned dollars. :D[/QUOTE]

I went to the July 23, 1999 Milwaukee, WI Roger Waters concert -- his first one in 7 years. I sat in the third row. Pretty amazing stuff. I was fairly disappointed though, during that concert and ones I've been to since, how much time he spends playing Pink Floyd tunes, and how little time he plays his own music. I know most of the listening public couldn't care less about his solo work, but if i want to hear Pink Floyd music, I attend Pink Floyd concerts (not that those exist anymore). But when I'm at a Rogers Waters concert, I expect to hear a little Radio KAOS.

Anybody seen Resident Evil Wii in stock at BB or Target today around the MSP area? If so, do tell where, as I'd like to play this tonight. In a hurry b/c family's coming into town and after Wednesday night, I won't be able to game again until late Sunday.

[quote name='dothog']Anybody seen Resident Evil Wii in stock at BB or Target today around the MSP area? If so, do tell where, as I'd like to play this tonight. In a hurry b/c family's coming into town and after Wednesday night, I won't be able to game again until late Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Sadly no. A lot of stores won't have it in until tommorow at the earliest due to Capcom not getting them shipped out until last Tuesday.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Sadly no. A lot of stores won't have it in until tommorow at the earliest due to Capcom not getting them shipped out until last Tuesday.[/QUOTE]
Roseville Best Buy had them on shelves at 5 PM when I went to check after work. I just finished a 5 hr session. Whoo!

[quote name='dothog']Roseville Best Buy had them on shelves at 5 PM when I went to check after work. I just finished a 5 hr session. Whoo![/QUOTE]

Hopefully that means for those of us in the northern metro stores should be getting them in today. Can't freakin wait to get this one myself.

[quote name='inubu']I know most of the listening public couldn't care less about his solo work, but if i want to hear Pink Floyd music, I attend Pink Floyd concerts (not that those exist anymore). But when I'm at a Rogers Waters concert, I expect to hear a little Radio KAOS.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. I'm really let down even further with this tour by the lack of his own material. It makes me wish I had seen him back in 2000. Those few extra post-Floyd tracks now suddenly seem to make a BIG difference compared to this tour. Funny thing is that his band HAS rehearsed It A Miracle and Each Small Candle. There is a third song but I can't recall which one it is...

Oh, and :rofl: @ the 2000 tour DVD. I just got ahold of an audience recording from the night. Man oh man the amount of doctoring they did to Roger's vocals on that DVD. :rofl:

Any MN cags seen any of those cheap gameboy micros at kmart or sears? Was hoping to get lucky and find 1. TIA

[quote name='rmb']Any MN cags seen any of those cheap gameboy micros at kmart or sears? Was hoping to get lucky and find 1. TIA[/quote]

I didn't check the price, but I did notice one gameboy micro at the Kmart in Minnetonka (I think it at the corner of 101 and 7).

[quote name='GregorSamsa']I didn't check the price, but I did notice one gameboy micro at the Kmart in Minnetonka (I think it at the corner of 101 and 7).[/quote]
Thanks I will have to check this out!

Didn't find micro, but got a gba sp for 28 bucks. Talked to employee working and he said he sold the last micro yesterday. This was last advance sp as well. Also picked up castlevania double pack. 10.50. Thanks again for the tip.

I don't get it.. when I was returning something to the Midway GS, apparently this "new employee" said I couldn't return this new/sealed/unopened/etc game with the receipt less than 30 days of the date of purchase and that it has to be 7 days, when I pointed it out on the receipt, he kept on saying 7 days. Sure if you're new, you "don't know the policy," but wouldn't you think if it's on the receipt, you know that it has to be less than 30 days of purchase and unopened/sealed/still in packaging.

/ends small rant

[quote name='1SwtDeception']I don't get it.. when I was returning something to the Midway GS, apparently this "new employee" said I couldn't return this new/sealed/unopened/etc game with the receipt less than 30 days of the date of purchase and that it has to be 7 days, when I pointed it out on the receipt, he kept on saying 7 days. Sure if you're new, you "don't know the policy," but wouldn't you think if it's on the receipt, you know that it has to be less than 30 days of purchase and unopened/sealed/still in packaging.

/ends small rant[/QUOTE]

ask for casey, the store manager or take it to the roseville store and complain to the manager. he's always been very helpful to me.

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']New has to be returned within 7 days

Used has a 30 day window.[/QUOTE]

Actually, its the other way around. New and sealed has 30 day return window, used has 7 day return window.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Actually, its the other way around. New and sealed has 30 day return window, used has 7 day return window.[/QUOTE]
used can be exchanged for the same item within 30 days or another item/cash back within 7 days. new unopened can be exchanged or refunded within 30 days or same item within 7 if defective.

i have a buddy who worked at target for 5 years and he recently told me that cashiers are allowed to change the price of any item up to $25 without a managers approval. i tested this at 3 targets so far and has worked every time. i got a $30 fan for $20, a $30 game for $15, and $20 off of a drill! also, if you complain that you couldn't find any help they give you a $10 gift card. i haven't tried that yet cuz i don't want to push my luck.

[quote name='1SwtDeception']I don't get it.. when I was returning something to the Midway GS, apparently this "new employee" said I couldn't return this new/sealed/unopened/etc game with the receipt less than 30 days of the date of purchase and that it has to be 7 days, when I pointed it out on the receipt, he kept on saying 7 days. Sure if you're new, you "don't know the policy," but wouldn't you think if it's on the receipt, you know that it has to be less than 30 days of purchase and unopened/sealed/still in packaging.

/ends small rant[/QUOTE]

Sounds like someone did not read the new employee handbook.

Anyone else take advantage of the gamecrazy flipfest this past month?

I managed to nab like $150 in credit after spending less than half of that... heh... pre-ordered Persona 3, picked up RE4 Wii, Grim Grimoire, and some B2G1Fs.

Anyone know of a place that sells used computer games in the twin cities? I'm trying to find a copy of the PC Fallout games, now that I'm hyped for Fallout 3. Already have tried half priced books with no luck. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Just two quick notes:

If anybody is still looking for a Wii the Target near Rockford Rd and 494 had two last night.

And for the deal, the Sears in EP Center has Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time for the DS for 19.97. Not a bad deal as new it is around $34 and used at GS/EB in $24.

[quote name='whiptcracker']Anyone know of a place that sells used computer games in the twin cities? I'm trying to find a copy of the PC Fallout games, now that I'm hyped for Fallout 3. Already have tried half priced books with no luck. Any suggestions are appreciated.[/QUOTE]

half-price books does but that's the only place i know of. also try half.com

Check out this hot deal people: The Bestbuy super center in Edina (the really small one by Southdale) is clearing out some room and offering 60% off of a ton of games. I picked up the Collector's editon of Spinter Cell for the 360 and CoD 3 both like 25 bones. The had quite a few 360 title: DOA X2, Sonic the Hedgehog, Bomberman, SC: DA, Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged, and several year old EA sports titles (and thats just 360 games). They have games for every system included in this deal (sans PS3), but I did check several other bestbuys and this was the only one offering clearence items. So check it out if there are some titles you still need to catch up on.

The sale currently going on this weekend is 30% of clearence. Go check it out!

360: Tomb Raider $10.64, Superman, Fantasy Star, and others.

Many PSP titles have the games scanned most of the prices are wrong.

Any one interested in paintball the lakestreet Minneapolis location has paintball guns for $7 and 500 round boxes for $2.60. I stocked up for the season. Scan anything on clearence just go find a self scanner so you don't need to bug the clerks.

I'd imagine that every MN area CAG who wants a Wii has one, but if you missed out, there are 5 on the shelves at the Roseville (or HarMar, whatever you call it) Super Target.

has anyone been to the new video game store in blaine by the super target.

the stores called play n trade and it is a pretty nice store. they got some retro systems and games and also a lot of new stuff

they are having a guitar hero 2 tournament and the first place winner in the expert bracket wins a ps3

[quote name='snoopydoggy2002']has anyone been to the new video game store in blaine by the super target.

the stores called play n trade and it is a pretty nice store. they got some retro systems and games and also a lot of new stuff

they are having a guitar hero 2 tournament and the first place winner in the expert bracket wins a ps3[/quote]

Where in Blaine?

Check out this hot deal people: The Bestbuy super center in Edina (the really small one by Southdale) is clearing out some room and offering 60% off of a ton of games.

Deal still going on, and they've added quite a few more title. I normaly don't like to brag, but I picked up the last copy of the clearenced PuzzleQuest fot 10 bucks.

Wiis are definitely easier to find in the MSP area. I've seen 7 total on shelves at a few stores over the past few weeks. Another way to tell that they're becoming more available is Craigslist--there's been a lot more "Wii with 4 games [note: Wii Sports]" ads popping up for ~$300.

Anybody who missed out on Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney being clearnced at CC might want to check out the Toys R Us in Bloomington. They about 15 copies fot 9.98 with an additional 15% off.

GREAT sale rack going on at BB in Roseville... 50% off to name a few:

- Dawn of Mana (25$)
- .hack GU// volume 2 (20$)
- Mario Superstar Baseball (15$)
- 360 games
- ps3 games
- Wii games
- This rack is ridiculous

It's hard to find an associate that will stack the coupon, but I'd say about half the time it works... you need to be smooth and mention that it needs to be done manually and doesn't usually scan after the 50% code. I've managed to get plenty of amazing deals there doing this... MG Acid 2 for $2.50, plenty of new releases for less than 10$ or less.

[quote name='kingsoby1']GREAT sale rack going on at BB in Roseville... 50% off to name a few:

- Dawn of Mana (25$)
- .hack GU// volume 2 (20$)
- Mario Superstar Baseball (15$)
- 360 games
- ps3 games
- Wii games
- This rack is ridiculous

It's hard to find an associate that will stack the coupon, but I'd say about half the time it works... you need to be smooth and mention that it needs to be done manually and doesn't usually scan after the 50% code. I've managed to get plenty of amazing deals there doing this... MG Acid 2 for $2.50, plenty of new releases for less than 10$ or less.[/QUOTE]

Yep, some great deals there. Had a bunch of NBA Street Homecourt for the 360 for $20. $10 for Rachet Deadlocked, Age of Empires (DS), and Destroy All Humans 2 (PS2) also from what I remember.

[quote name='GregorSamsa']Anybody who missed out on Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney being clearnced at CC might want to check out the Toys R Us in Bloomington. They about 15 copies fot 9.98 with an additional 15% off.[/quote]
I was there tonight and they still have one copy left, along with about 5 copies of Lumines II. I picked up a copy of Dead Rising with the $5 off email coupon (reg 29.99). They still have a few of the original versions (non-PH) in the case behind the counter. Saw the PH version at the Best Buy in Eagan with the screwed up ratings text on the back. They also had one copy of Urban Chaos: Riot Response for XBOX stickered at $4.99 in there clearance baskets at the front of the store.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Right in the same area that Kohls and Menards is at on 65. I haven't check the store out yet.[/quote]

Nice store but probably won't survive. Slightly cheaper than GS. The nice thing is they have older system games. N64,ps1, etc. The thing is I don't see how they will compete with EB/GS. They are a chain though. I think they have a store in bloomington. Also anyone that is into tournaments they run quite a few from what I know.

I didn't find out about stores selling Bioshock until after 10pm or would have some information for you. Gonna try some TRUs/Walmarts tomorrow morning while I am out at the dentist.

Okay- I work tomorrow, anyway, so I probably wouldn't be able to do anything until about 4ish, by which time most (all?) available copies will be long gone. Maybe... maybe the Eden Prairie GS will sell me my copy early...?

[quote name='Nitron']are there any clearance racks at the eden prairie best buy?[/quote]
That'd be my local bestbuy, and they do not. your best bet is to go to Edina.

Antbody see Bioshock in any of the local TRU? I was able to snag a copy at a TRU in North Carolina (turned out to be a good vacation). Anywho, I have a few friends still hoping to start playing this weekend.

If any of you are Half Price Books shoppers and are in the Roseville area -- they just built a new Half Price Books store on Fairview Ave, north of Highway 36, right near the mall.

Why is this news? Well, yesterday when I stopped in, they only had a few shelves with books, because they don't open until September, but for stopping in they gave me 4 coupons: a 20%, a 30%, a 40%, and a 50% off any one item in the store coupon. The best part is that the coupon is good at ANY Half Price Book store. So if there has been an item you've been eyeing up, here's a chance for you to get it at half price.

Note: Each coupon has a specific date it can be used (all are September dates) -- but again it doesn' t matter which store you use it at. I don't know if they are still giving out the coupons today, but I don't know why they wouldn't.

bread's done
Back