Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

You can always call ahead and check -- I actually got most of the PSP gems. Final fantasy, every extend extra, the mega man games...

If you just want a cheap copy of Spider man 3 or Superman for the 360, they have copies of that still.

Its getting to slim 'pickins, but you can always call ahead? I Just called them, and its still 50% off everything.

[quote name='nintendokid']According to gamecrazy.com and yahoo local, this particular GC is actually considered St. Paul WTF! It's the one on Cliff Road.

Be aware that most of the good stuff have been shipped off to other branches. Most likely, you'll end up just wasting gas.[/quote]

That happens all the time. For most immediate suburbs of minneapolis or st paul they show up as those from their postal codes. I have a few credit cards that still address my bills to minneapolis even though i live in Crystal. From what i've experienced, Crystal, Golden Valley, robbinsdale, Brooklyn Center all show up as Minneapolis. I'm not sure about the other suburbs in the south west. As far as St. Paul is concerned, roseville shows up that way but not sure of any others.

Interesting story: I used to be appliance salesman at Sears on Rice Street in St. Paul. An older couple moving down to Florida in a few months comes in to buy some stuff. At checkout I type in their zip code and they can see the register read "ROSEVILLE, MN". He immediately said in a very firm, almost demanding voice, "Please change that to Falcon Heights. We are not a part of Roseville." He was a very polite and respectful guy. I'm guessing he has had bad experiences in Roseville or he has enemies there. Do rich white folks have enemies? Mwa ahhahah. JK

Maple Grove Best Buy has a table of 60% off games. There's some decent stuff on there fore PS3, 360, Xbox, PS2, and PSP. Off the top of my head I can remember (price before 60% off):

PS3:
Spider-man 3 (39.99)
Def Jam Icon (29.99)
The Bigs (59.99)
Formula 1 (59.99)
NBA 2k7 (can't remember price)

360:
Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer (can't remember price)
Spider-man 3 (39.99)

PSP:
After Burner (29.99)
Parappa the Rappa (29.99)

There was some other stuff on the table too like Halo 3 strategy guide and the 360 smack talk thing.

Is that smack talk thing even worth buying on clearance? Now that I'm a 360 owner... it looks dorky as hell....... but would it work well for Halo 3? I'd love to record a few loops on it so when I pwn some noob I can just hit one button ya know. ;)

FYI for those trying to get Guitar Hero 3 early since K-Mart/Sears is breaking the street date... its a no go at the Blaine K-Mart. I even tried the "well my friend got one at another K-Mart" but the employee back in electronics.... okay, I think we ALL know the (lack of) intelligence you find at K-Mart these days.

[quote name='Demolition Man']FYI for those trying to get Guitar Hero 3 early since K-Mart/Sears is breaking the street date... its a no go at the Blaine K-Mart. I even tried the "well my friend got one at another K-Mart" but the employee back in electronics.... okay, I think we ALL know the (lack of) intelligence you find at K-Mart these days.[/QUOTE]

That usually only works if they actually believe you have friends...

RVB? You're a Minne-SOH-tan, too? And I bet you weren't at the Legendary Roy Wilkins Auditorium last Saturday!

For shame? As y'all say, 'you bet.'

[quote name='mykevermin']RVB? You're a Minne-SOH-tan, too? And I bet you weren't at the Legendary Roy Wilkins Auditorium last Saturday!

For shame? As y'all say, 'you bet.'[/quote]

fuck the movie Fargo, and the bullshit rep it created for us...

[quote name='BattleChicken']fuck the movie Fargo, and the bullshit rep it created for us...[/QUOTE]
Clearly you've never been to St. Cloud. Believe me, the "rep" is far from bullshit.

[quote name='BattleChicken']fuck the movie Fargo, and the bullshit rep it created for us...[/QUOTE]

There's a rep, and there's firsthand experience. Spending 4 days in your next of the woods last week, I can give a firm "Oah yah!" to whether or not that accent is pretty pervasive. Many don't, but many do.

[quote name='mykevermin']There's a rep, and there's firsthand experience. Spending 4 days in your next of the woods last week, I can give a firm "Oah yah!" to whether or not that accent is pretty pervasive. Many don't, but many do.[/quote]

Which part of the state were you in?

If it was Minneapolis or Saint Paul, I'm amazed you ran into ANYONE who talked like that...

Lil bit of both. We stayed with friends who recently moved to Nord'east (dunno how it was spelled, but that's how it was pronounced), and spent a little bit of time in St. Paul.

[quote name='mykevermin']Lil bit of both. We stayed with friends who recently moved to Nord'east (dunno how it was spelled, but that's how it was pronounced), and spent a little bit of time in St. Paul.[/quote]

I can't argue with your first hand experience, though I DO assert that a much larger percentage of the people born after 1980 do NOT have the Fargo accent...

The accursed accent aside, did you enjoy your visit to our fine state?

Eden Prairie Best Buy had a stack of Wiis on the floor Wednesday night. Had to be at least 20 piled up. They also had the sign posted for the 60GB PS3+free game (Lair or Heavenly Sword) or controller. Also have a pile of the Legendary Halo 3 sets (reg price.)

[quote name='jrt1138']Eden Prairie Best Buy had a stack of Wiis on the floor Wednesday night. Had to be at least 20 piled up. They also had the sign posted for the 60GB PS3+free game (Lair or Heavenly Sword) or controller. Also have a pile of the Legendary Halo 3 sets (reg price.)[/quote]

You should see the piles of those halo3 360 bundles at costco in maple grove.
Starting to look like they might become Black Friday deal! Cuz no one is buying em at that price.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']That usually only works if they actually believe you have friends...[/QUOTE]

You really don't know me too well now do you Mr. Target Security Guard.

Not a game deal, but luvin the Xbox360 hd-dvd deal @ BB!

Buy the hddvd drive, get Heroes S1, AND two box sets free. Scored Planet Earth and Ultimate Matrix Triology

Anyplace to trade hd-dvds? Heroes is flooding the market, so there really is no point to fleabay.

Anybody who's looking for the Madcatz xbox360 Arcade stick should head over the the Tiny Bestbuy in Edina. they now have them clearenced for 9.99. not bad considering it comes with three arcade games (frogger, time pilot, and one i don't remeber) and a 48 hour xbox live code.

Has anyone here been to Echo in Appley Valley? I stopped by there today, and they have a buttload of old NES and SNES games, as well as a ton of other stuff you nerds would love (anime, other games, etc.) I highly suggest if you're in that area, you check it out.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Has anyone here been to Echo in Appley Valley? I stopped by there today, and they have a buttload of old NES and SNES games, as well as a ton of other stuff you nerds would love (anime, other games, etc.) I highly suggest if you're in that area, you check it out.[/QUOTE]

Is it that one store hidden in a strip mall near McDonald's?

Anyone know of Wal-marts (or any other big retailer) in the metro area that usually put big Nintendo titles out early? I realize I'm a week ahead of time on this, but I'm excited about getting me paws on SMG ASAP. I scored Mario Kart DS on the Sunday ahead of launch at the St. Anthony Wal-mart (I think it was that one, the one on Silver Lake), and I'm hoping to do the same this time around.

[quote name='dothog']Anyone know of Wal-marts (or any other big retailer) in the metro area that usually put big Nintendo titles out early? I realize I'm a week ahead of time on this, but I'm excited about getting me paws on SMG ASAP. I scored Mario Kart DS on the Sunday ahead of launch at the St. Anthony Wal-mart (I think it was that one, the one on Silver Lake), and I'm hoping to do the same this time around.[/quote]

Well... Phantom Hourglass was on shelves one or two days early at the Eagan Walmart... I'm not sure if thats a YMMV thing or not.

Y[quote name='1SwtDeception']Is it that one store hidden in a strip mall near McDonald's?[/quote]Yes, it's right between McDonalds, and possibly the worst named fast food eatery in America, Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers

Anyone here ever been to Game N Go? They have stores in Edina, Brooklyn Park and Roseville. I wanna check them out, but it they don't have a huge selection of classic games (which they say they do on their radio ads), driving all the way out from Eagan would be a waste of time.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Anyone here ever been to Game N Go? They have stores in Edina, Brooklyn Park and Roseville. I wanna check them out, but it they don't have a huge selection of classic games (which they say they do on their radio ads), driving all the way out from Eagan would be a waste of time.[/quote]

Eagan eh.. Have you been Cedarcliff Collectables? http://www.cedarcliffcollectibles.com/

They have a decent retro collection. The prices are kind of hit or miss, though -- it looks like a lot of it is based off of Ebay prices, but they have Atari games and up, if you're looking for a decent local spot for retro stuff. It's also the closest thing to a local CCG card shop in Eagan that I'm aware of.

Unrelated to that:

I was thinking it might be fun at some point to do a MN CAG event for the hell of it -- If anyone else would be up for it maybe we can plan something...?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Anyone here ever been to Game N Go? They have stores in Edina, Brooklyn Park and Roseville. I wanna check them out, but it they don't have a huge selection of classic games (which they say they do on their radio ads), driving all the way out from Eagan would be a waste of time.[/quote]

I was thinking of checking them out since they started advertsing on KFAN a few weeks back.

Then I looked up the BP location, and saw its address and realized I was there once when I lived in BP a few years back.

When I was there a few years back, I was rather unimpressed by the selection and especially the prices. I literally lived a mile away from the BP location and NEVER went back.

Now it may have changed within the past 2 years, and I might check out the Roseville one, but from what I experienced it wasn't worth going to.

[quote name='BattleChicken']

I was thinking it might be fun at some point to do a MN CAG event for the hell of it -- If anyone else would be up for it maybe we can plan something...?[/quote]

I would, but with the holidays approaching, I imagine it would be kinda hard to get something together.

But if it did happen, where would we meet? Someplace like Gameworks in Minneapolis? Maple Grove Dave & Buster's? King of Diamonds?;)

I've been to the Roseville one. They have a a good selection of classic games, but some of their prices are really high.

[quote name='manthing']I would, but with the holidays approaching, I imagine it would be kinda hard to get something together.

But if it did happen, where would we meet? Someplace like Gameworks in Minneapolis? Maple Grove Dave & Buster's? King of Diamonds?;)[/quote]

Gameworks.\\:D/

[quote name='fullmetalfan720']
Gameworks.\\:D/[/quote]

I've never been to a gameworks... I wouldn't be opposed to it. I assume we're talking about the one in Downtown Minneapolis?

We may as well give it a few days, and see how many people would be down for it -- we don't need every MN CAG to show up in order for it to be fun, after all.

[quote name='nintendokid']What the hell is GameWorks anyway? I've heard it on the radio before. Is it an adult version of Chucky E Cheeze or Aladdin's Crap?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Like a big arcade with a bar, restaurant and bowling.

Kind of expensive.

[quote name='whiptcracker']Yep. Like a big arcade with a bar, restaurant and bowling.

Kind of expensive.[/quote]

More so if you factor in parking.. I suppose... I kind of like the idea of somewhere with an arcade. Are there any other arcades in the metro? I know there used to be one in the Mall of America, but I think it shut down.. then again I haven't been there in a long time because I hate the place, so maybe another one opened up.

I'd be up for a meeting at Gameworks, it is a little spendy, I wonder if they would give us a deal if we could get enough together to qualify for a "group discount" of some kind. That would fall right in with the cheap ass gamer tag.

[quote name='Crash55118']Nice, I'd be up for a gameworks meetup, all I have to do is hop on the mighty 16![/QUOTE]
I live like three blocks away. I'll be the guy spilling beer all over and screaming, "Where the fuck is the Ms. Pac Man machine?"

At the moment Gameworks is all I can think of, although there is a D&B's in Maplegrove...

Also for Cags under 21 It is 21+ after 9:00PM

(Gah Im only 19 :( )

[quote name='Crash55118']At the moment Gameworks is all I can think of, although there is a D&B's in Maplegrove...

Also for Cags under 21 It is 21+ after 9:00PM

(Gah Im only 19 :( )[/quote]

I'd like the younguns to be involved -- So if we decided to do Gameworks, it would have to at least start prior to 9pm.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I would be down, but meeting other CAG's in person would kinda diminish the Legend of Vanilla Gorilla.[/quote]

Its cool.. if you're afraid, thats fine.. nobody will judge you to your face.

Except me -- you're a sissy :p

[quote name='1SwtDeception']I've never gone to Gameworks and I'm going to driving. This might suck for parking. Someone should set up a date then.[/QUOTE]
If it's during the week you could probably find a spot on the street a few blocks south with little difficulty. They stop ticketing meters after 6:00, and there are always spots around my place. Weekends are a little more difficult, but also manageable.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I would be down, but meeting other CAG's in person would kinda diminish the Legend of Vanilla Gorilla.[/QUOTE]

Legend? What fucking legend are you talking about? Just because you failed at hitting on the girls at Arbys does NOT suddenly make you a legend.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Legend? What fucking legend are you talking about? Just because you failed at hitting on the girls at Arbys does NOT suddenly make you a legend.[/quote]

I'm sure he didn't fail.

He victoriously determined what doesn't work.

Not sure if you guys are BB Reward Zone members and/or received the email but this Sunday, 11/11/07, for two hours we get double points for any purchase or triple for purchases $1000+. That's actually really good if you know someone who was looking to get a TV or PC and you use your RZ card for the purchase.

8:30pm - 10:30pm at only 5 select BB: Oakdale, Eden Prairie, Maple Grove, Apple Valley, and Coon Rapids.

Anyone know for BB PRP, do I get a gift card or voucher of some sort or just an actual refund?

bread's done
Back