Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

Was ANYONE here able to get in on the Circuit City Call of Duty 4/3 deal?

I went to the Roseville CC last night, and was told NO CCs in the area had COD3.

[quote name='Crash55118']At the moment Gameworks is all I can think of, although there is a D&B's in Maplegrove...

Also for Cags under 21 It is 21+ after 9:00PM

(Gah Im only 19 :( )[/quote]

If people are genuinely concerned about parking Dave and Buster's in Maple Grove is very similar to Gameworks. I've been to both and both have their ups and downs. D & B has plenty of parking and is in the same center as a CC, Costco, Petco, etc etc so not an issue at all. The only problem is its a bit of a drive for anyone on the other side of the metro.

[quote name='manthing']Was ANYONE here able to get in on the Circuit City Call of Duty 4/3 deal?

I went to the Roseville CC last night, and was told NO CCs in the area had COD3.[/quote]

Yes and No.

I went to Maple Grove CC around 4 PM and they had one copy of COD3 left in the back a platinum hits version. I asked them if the deal worked with the gold copy (saw the tag in the shelves as the same price). They said yes so i asked if they had any gold copies left or if any other stores did. they called around to no avail. So i could have taken that copy but instead i bargained with them and got them to raincheck a copy of COD 3 gold for me. The only problem is i don't think they were supposed to do it for me so my raincheck is a note on a business card with a name and a signature. I have to keep calling to see if it is in stock. :whistle2:/

Great Deals at BB Minnetonka!

Hey figured i would pass the deal but there are some exclusive deals i saw last night at the BB Minnetonka location. They had 50% off several games. Of what i can remember it was:

Xbox 360
Guitar Hero 2 w/ guitar (~$45 after discount)
Strangle Hold CE (~$35 After Discount)
Halo 3 Legendary Edition ($65 After Discount)
Halo wireless Controllers covenant and MC ($30 after discount)
Stuntman Ignition (~$20 after discount)
WWE 2007 (or somthing like that i think it was ~$15 after discount)
Halo 3 Guide Books (~10 after discount)
and one or two more 360 games and accessories

PS3
NBA Street Homecourt (dont remember price)

PS2
GH II w/ guitar (~$40 After discount)
some random games

xbox
some random games such as bullet proof etc.

They also have 75% random accessories for portable devices. My freind got a ds charger for about a buck. It is mainly phone and ipod cases etc though.

Breaking- Mario Galaxy available at the Roseville BB. I didn't count how many were there, but after I bought mine, I'd say there were around 5 or 6 left. Hurry, and hope they don't realize they've put it out early.

*hugs his Wii*

[quote name='adg1034']Breaking- Mario Galaxy available at the Roseville BB. I didn't count how many were there, but after I bought mine, I'd say there were around 5 or 6 left. Hurry, and hope they don't realize they've put it out early.

*hugs his Wii*[/QUOTE]
HOLY SHIT! I just rushed home to post the exact same thing!!! It was such dumb luck that I ran into this. YIPPEEEEEE! CAGs, get there now. GOGOGO.

[quote name='adg1034']If by Eagan you mean St. Paul (or even if you don't), the Pie Shoppe is much better. Go, eat, enjoy.[/QUOTE]

And hit on all the hot women there so we can all hear about it on Vanilla Radio. ;)

[quote name='adg1034']If by Eagan you mean St. Paul (or even if you don't), the Pie Shoppe is much better. Go, eat, enjoy.[/quote]No, there is one in Eagan, on Yankee Doodle.

[quote name='Demolition Man']And hit on all the "hot" women there so we can all hear about it on Vanilla Radio. ;)[/quote]

You insulting Macalester women?

*glove slap*

I will be happy to defend the honor of our ladies. Name the time.

[quote name='adg1034']You insulting Macalester women?

*glove slap*

I will be happy to defend the honor of our ladies. Name the time.[/quote]I would also like to defend their honor, preferably in the back of my van.

Whoops... I see where you folks got the wrong impression on what I meant. Fixed the previous post. Sorry bout that. Dunno why I wrote hot as "hot" in the first place..... #-o

Hey, if you didn't get in on the CC deal for CoD4/3 and still want the games, send me a PM to buy or trade. I bought the two but after playing some of CoD4 online I'm not really into it, CoD3 still wrapped. Sent this via PM to you as well manthing.

Does Oakdale BB have any Go Big (elite forza/mua) bundle? Trying to get double reward points for tomorrow night special. If not, any sightings at Roseville/Maplewood?

where do you think the eariest place to get assassins creed will be? is it possible that target or BB would be selling it tuesday morning?

[quote name='hagbardce1ine']where do you think the eariest place to get assassins creed will be? is it possible that target or BB would be selling it tuesday morning?[/quote]
I hate to do it, but I'm grabbing mine at Gamestop. I really want the cool collectors edition figure.

If anyone's planning on hitting up the Blaine TRU for the new clearance, they had several copies of both Kameo and Rockstar Table Tennis, but I think I got the last copies of Dead Rising and maybe the regular edition of PDZ (unless, of course, they had more of either in the back). I didn't look for any other clearance games, but I did happen to notice copies of FIFA 07 (Xbox) and Arcade Unplugged (360). And I did overhear that this particular TRU was NOT getting Super Mario Galaxy til tomorrow.

[quote name='Demolition Man']... and now the Blaine TRU is out of Mario Galaxy.[/quote]

I managed to get a $25 price reduction on mario galaxy from Circuit City as a price match if you still needed a copy, it might worth a shot.

Protip- the Minnetonka BB and CC were both willing to match the $25 GC offer. Best Buy's acceptance seemed to come from corporate, while I think I got lucky with the customer service rep that I saw at CC.

If anyone preordered Mario Galaxy at the TRU in Southtown, go pick it up as soon as possible if you haven't already. The employee said they only received enough copies to fill about a third of the reservations.

[quote name='defiance_17']If anyone preordered Mario Galaxy at the TRU in Southtown, go pick it up as soon as possible if you haven't already. The employee said they only received enough copies to fill about a third of the reservations.[/quote]

That is the TRU that was closest to my work -- at the very least, they're not selling ANY copies in the store, so they're at least maintaining what they have for preorder stock.. unlike Gamestop (in my experiences preordering).

Got a $25 GC PM @ BB. found here

I just asked the cashier to scan SMG and enter the code. Worked sweet. She even tried to use the GC on the purchase. Didn't expect it to work; thought it was cool that she tried.

What's the status of the MN CAG meet-up? Are people leaning towards Gameworks or D&B? Any idea of date/time?

Or is the idea DOA?

[quote name='manthing']What's the status of the MN CAG meet-up? Are people leaning towards Gameworks or D&B? Any idea of date/time?

Or is the idea DOA?[/quote]

I still like the idea, but I don't think I, at least, will be able to commit to a meet up till mid or late December at the earliest. I think a weekend would be the best bet -- it would make it the most accessable for the younguns and people with early AM jobs (like me).

Went to Roseville BB yesterday to get Mario Galaxy. Scouted out for 360 Elite bundles so I can PRP warranty exchange (been dead since Sept) next week when Mass Effect comes out but I didn't see one - not even a regular unbundled Elite. Actually, I don't remember the last time I saw an Elite anywhere. If anyone sees one (has to be BB), please let me know. Thanks.

Anyone use the 20% kmart coupon? If so was it original or copy? And what location? I am still looking for an original. Might buy on e-bay if I have a location it will work.

[quote name='rmb']Anyone use the 20% kmart coupon? If so was it original or copy? And what location? I am still looking for an original. Might buy on e-bay if I have a location it will work.[/QUOTE]

Someone on a different forum said yesterday they found the original coupons at the Coon Rapids Kmart (both at the pharmacy and at the service desk). The problem is that there isn't one in Coon Rapids. I checked the next two nearest stores, Anoka and Blaine, but found no coupons at either.

Anyone know of a store in the Hopkins/SLP area that does trade-ins? I suppose MicroCenter might work, but I don't know if they take PS2/Xbox games that are older. I'd like to trade in some stuff that I won't ever get around to and grab Tetris Evolutions and possibly Dirt for the 360.

[quote name='nasum']Anyone know of a store in the Hopkins/SLP area that does trade-ins? I suppose MicroCenter might work, but I don't know if they take PS2/Xbox games that are older. I'd like to trade in some stuff that I won't ever get around to and grab Tetris Evolutions and possibly Dirt for the 360.[/QUOTE]

Last time I was in the MC in SLP they had N64 games, so I don't think you have to worry too much about that :)

I got the call to pick up Rock Band tonight at the Southtown GameStop, but I may just wait until they open tomorrow to decrease my odds of getting jumped in the parking lot. Big-ticket items make me nervous around the holiday season.

Does anyone know if stores are going to have enough to cover all their preorders?

I had luck on the 20% off coupon at ANOKA KMart yesterday (11/18). There was a stand with weekly flyers right as you walk in. There was a hand full of Rx coupon booklets (in which the 20% off coupons sit).

For those unaware: There are two 20% off coupons per booklet (1 was dated week ending 11/17 and the 2nd is dated to end 11/21). You must hurry if you want to cash in.

I picked up COD4 for 48+tax (but was hoping for an early release Unchated)

Has anyone been successful price matching TRU's B2G1 sale in the area? I want to use my gift card from Mario Galaxy and pick up some gifts, but the TRU I went to was completely picked clean.

I can confirm for those looking to pickup rock band that sams club does have them at $150. Get em before they're gone!
I picked up an extra ps3 version so if anyone can't find it and needs this let me know. I will let it go for $170 if it don't sell on ebay. Just looking to get a free time crisis 4 with the sale of this. But if not I'll do a fellow cag a favor.

Fun fact: Spring Lake Park = Vanilla Gorilla's hometown.

In case anyone can't find Rock Band in the metro area, and desperately wants it, the Best Buy in Rochester had about 20 of them, built up into Rock Band forts, when I stopped by today at about 2 p.m.

Anybody seen any Xbox360 elite bundles (with Foraza and Marvel) at any of the local Kmarts or ToysRUs's. I've got the 20% off for Kmart and a 15% off for tru. Any help would be great!

[quote name='GregorSamsa']Anybody seen any Xbox360 elite bundles (with Foraza and Marvel) at any of the local Kmarts or ToysRUs's. I've got the 20% off for Kmart and a 15% off for tru. Any help would be great![/quote]

Dude, I haven't even seen a Go Pro for days now, and if Roseville BB doesn't have it (IMO, most up to date and best stocked store), no one else has got it. They appear in the afternoon and are gone by the time I get off work. Good luck hunting down a Go Big.

[quote name='nintendokid']Dude, I haven't even seen a Go Pro for days now, and if Roseville BB doesn't have it (IMO, most up to date and best stocked store), no one else has got it. They appear in the afternoon and are gone by the time I get off work. Good luck hunting down a Go Big.[/quote]

Both the Best Buy and Target in EP have the bundles, but damn if i'll pay retail.

Inver Grove Heights BB has two Elite Forza/MUA bundle (repackaged, non-"Go Big"). Both are Lot 0742, clearly labeled 175W so both are 100% guaranteed Falcons. Two Pro bundles left that are lot 0743 (I took one tonight). Not sure if they are Falcons because both are 203W and frankly, I don't care what mine is.

This is not a deal but lot 0744 is reported as the newest lot so 0743 is actually quite new. Thought you guys might wanna know. Every other BB I've been to have none that are later than 0733/0734.

Eden Prairie Best Buy has Rock Band bundles in stock as of 7PM Tuesday night. They had a pyramid stacked up right in the main aisle straight from the front doors. At least 10 each PS3 and X360. Also saw 3 X360 and 4 PS3 back by the games. Considering how bad the traffic was tonight with the snow I would guess some will still be there Wednesday morning.

PS: Snow+494+rush hour=nightmare.

[quote name='jrt1138']PS: Snow+494+rush hour=nightmare.[/quote]
I stayed late at work, till 7:20 (i normally work till 6) i still had a 60 minute commute home. My normal drive time is about 15 minutes.

Coworker left at 4. She got home at 7. Lives 20 minutes away (normal drive time)

Holy crap, I hope that was the worst traffic we'll see this year.

[quote name='BattleChicken']I stayed late at work, till 7:20 (i normally work till 6) i still had a 60 minute commute home. My normal drive time is about 15 minutes.

Holy crap, I hope that was the worst traffic we'll see this year.[/quote]

Got that beat. I live THREE miles from my job. It took me 30 minutes to go that *3* miles.

I had contemplated going to the Roseville BB to pick up my Pirates 3 DVD and PM COD4 after leaving work...so glad I didn't

bread's done
Back