Mirror's Edge - $13.96/$11.75 (PS3/360) @ Amazon

Ardrid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Amazon has Mirror's Edge on sale up to 40% off. It's sold by either Big Game Vendor or NYC Electronics but fulfilled by Amazon, meaning it's eligible for FSSS/Prime shipping. Amazon itself is selling the PS3 version for $14.70 and the 360 version for $17.77. I'm personally thinking about grabbing a copy.

:ps3: Mirror's Edge - $13.96 (NYC Electronics)
:360: Mirror's Edge - $11.75 (Big Game Vendor)

http://www.amazon.com/Mirrors-Edge-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1264277542&sr=8-1

Edit: Made price adjustments. PS3 is now $14.90 and 360 is now $14.93.
Edit: Made price adjustments. PS3 is now $12.44 and 360 is now $14.55.
Edit: Made price adjustments. PS3 is now $12.04.
Edit: Made price adjustments. PS3 is now $11.64.
Edit: Made price adjustments. PS3 is now $11.35.
Edit: Made price adjustments. PS3 is now $13.96 and 360 is now $11.75.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair prices. I believe Amazon has had them before for $14.xx before for both copies as well. Don't think I've seen these for cheaper. ;)

I picked this game up this weekend at one of my local stores for $15 sealed and I finished it yesterday. It was a very fun game. For some reason I have a fear of heights in video games lol , my hands would get all sweaty during a lot of the gameplay:lol:

[quote name='Chango']I picked this game up this weekend at one of my local stores for $15 sealed and I finished it yesterday. It was a very fun game. For some reason I have a fear of heights in video games lol , my hands would get all sweaty during a lot of the gameplay:lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way; when I fall off a building to my death my stomach gets knots. I agree; good game -- can't wait for ME2

[quote name='Ardrid']Amazon has Mirror's Edge on sale for 25% off. It's sold by Big Game Vendor but fulfilled by Amazon, meaning it's eligible for Prime shipping. Amazon itself is selling the PS3 version for $15.80 and the 360 version for $17.76. I'm personally thinking about grabbing a copy.

:ps3: Mirror's Edge - $14.78
:360: Mirror's Edge - $15.33

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html?qid=1263940562&a=B00149PCAO&sr=1-1[/QUOTE]
Just so you know it was a little less than $10 a few days ago, so you may want to wait and see if it drops again.

Another endorsement of this game here. Got it on Target clearance a long time ago for $20 and thought it was well worth the price. I always like when games let me do something I've never done before.

But what is it about games with initials of ME that means they must have long elevator rides?

I really want to try this game...but i have a nice small backlog and with my damn classes, i dont play much now.

WHAT THE HELL, i never win..

Pretty good deal. The game is short but well worth the play through, especially at $15.

Amazon has a few other PS3 games for decent prices right now too (all prime eligible):
Tombraider Underworld: $13.22
007 Qantum of Solace: $12.97
Ninja Gaiden Sigma: $15.70
Dark Sector: $11.99

I picked up Tombraider myself, and if I didn't already have it, I would have grabbed Simga as well.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Pretty good deal. The game is short but well worth the play through, especially at $15.

Amazon has a few other PS3 games for decent prices right now too (all prime eligible):
Tombraider Underworld: $13.22
007 Qantum of Solace: $12.97
Ninja Gaiden Sigma: $15.70
Dark Sector: $11.99

I picked up Tombraider myself, and if I didn't already have it, I would have grabbed Sigma as well.[/QUOTE]
Same, I got Sigma used right before I saw the price($14 at the time). It can get frustrating because enemies can kill you in a few hits, but it's so rewarding when you win.

[quote name='Crusher09']Just so you know it was a little less than $10 a few days ago, so you may want to wait and see if it drops again.[/QUOTE]

Was it "Fulfilled by Amazon" or one of those rip off $9.99 + $7.99 shipping + tax deals (*cough* Hitgaming Video Games *cough*)? I check my recommendations every day and I don't remember seeing it hit $10 with free shipping/no tax. I would've absolutely jumped on it if I had.

[quote name='YoshiFtJ']Does this now ship in the red greatest hits case? I despise them so.[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't. As I recall, Mirror's Edge didn't sell enough to get Greatest/Platinum Hits status.

Going to pick this up for my PS3. Haven't been enjoying it on my PC due to apparent limitations on my hardware (even though this is barely a year old Asus gaming laptop). Plus, I'd rather lay back in my couch and enjoy a game like this on the console.

The trophies and exclusive bonus maps are just icing on this cake. Thanks, OP!

Mirror's Edge is easily worth $15.

The trophies and exclusive bonus maps are just icing on this cake. Thanks, OP!
The platinum trophy will take a lot of practice and you'll probably be frustrated a lot, but achieving it gives you an incredible feeling of accomplishment.

i bought this game around black friday, and just popped it in about 2 hours ago, and popped it out 1 hour ago. I couldnt get into it even after I bumped it down to easy (to speed it up). I like the originality, but I dont think ill be playing it again anytime soon. Maybe I am being to hard on ME, or maybe I just have less patience to play games that are less bangin than others due to the size of my back log (I recently gave up on ghostbusters as well).

But ya 15 dollars is a good price for any well known 360/ps3 game

I have to say that I got this last year at GS during a G2G1...ended up being about $10 per game. This is an awesome game, definitely worth $15 new. I cannot wait until they make the sequel (hopefully anyways). It really surprised me...was a steal at only $10.

[quote name='kearns710']i bought this game around black friday, and just popped it in about 2 hours ago, and popped it out 1 hour ago. I couldnt get into it even after I bumped it down to easy (to speed it up). I like the originality, but I dont think ill be playing it again anytime soon. Maybe I am being to hard on ME, or maybe I just have less patience to play games that are less bangin than others due to the size of my back log (I recently gave up on ghostbusters as well).

But ya 15 dollars is a good price for any well known 360/ps3 game[/QUOTE]

What do you like? I really enjoyed both these games. Are you a Madden fan? Or more of the Warcraft type? It just seems like people are falling more into Frat sport fans or "No life" MMO fans. I like games that only take a few hours like ME and Ghostbusters that seem to have some soul.

I just got it from Goozex last week for 350 points which works out to like $17.50.

I think all games should be under $20, personally..

[quote name='CAG 79']Picked up the PS3 version at Target the other day for $4.95.

Agree with everyone else, good game.[/QUOTE]

Clearance?

I was eyeing this at Best Buy for $19.99 over the weekend, but I had a feeling I should hold off for an inevitable (fulfilled by) Amazon sale. Thanks OP!

The PS3 version was on clearance at Walmart for $10 or $15 this weekend, FYI... one or two copies in Towson, MD.

i think @ $15 it is a good price. i really liked what they did, and i hope they get a sequel to try and improve on some issues. but the game was still alot of fun imo.

[quote name='CDiablo']One of my local Targets had this forPS3 @ 4.98 last week, still not worth it.[/QUOTE]

That's ridiculous. To each their own I suppose.

[quote name='CAG 79']Yep.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...I'll have to run there tomorrow and see if they've got any left. I'm sure the price won't go up in 12 hours.

i got this game 6 months ago for $10 on some website with FS. took like 1 month to deliver tho. Good game but not for everyone. Also, if ur game freeze/locks up at the last chapters delete the game data and install again.

Am I the only one who hated it? Looked forward to it, but IMO the gameplay (and apparently story) are pretty broken/terrible.

I bit for :360:. Have wanted it for a while and missed on BF. Enjoyed the demo and can deal with a tad bit of wonkiness to play something that's new & different. Good find OP.

I disagree that the gameplay is broken. I think the controls are pretty darn responsive -- I understand the relationship between every button I push and every move Faith makes. The game is frustrating, and I think the combat sort of sucks, but it's definitely not broken.

[quote name='WhiskyBR']I think all games should be under $20, personally..[/QUOTE]

It's very rare that I'll purchase a game for more than $20. I usually buy new if I can, used if a game is out of print. The only downside is that most online play dries up by the time a game gets to $20 or less.

I'm a cheap ass to my cheap little core.

I grabbed ME for $40 a few weeks after it released and didn't feel ripped off. There's not much in terms of replay value and the controls will take a while before they feel natural, but $15 is one hell of a price for one of the most novel experiences of this hardware generation.

I sold it after I beat it, but I've been wanting to check out the DLC, so I guess I'm in for one. Thanks, OP!

Decided to bite on this, I had originally bought this game a year ago, played a couple of chapters, got super frustrated and brought it back. I think its fair to say this game deserves a second chance and at $15 it's pretty worth it.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Am I the only one who hated it? Looked forward to it, but IMO the gameplay (and apparently story) are pretty broken/terrible.[/QUOTE]

I understand people's criticisms of this game, but you guys are really harsh. Despite it's flaws, I enjoyed every minute of it. The only time i felt like the combat was "broken/terrible" was doing the 'test of faith' achievement and only in like 2 specific circumstances. I thought the story was perfectly serviceable, definitely not terrible. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't great, but I didn't notice it being particularly bad either.

The running was so well done and was really rewarding once you got the hang of it. Especially trying to get the stars on the time trails, I had a blast.

More than worth it at $15 IMO.

Checked 4 Targets in my area with no luck. Oh well, I tried. $15 is still a good price. Can't see it going much lower barring a clearance event.

no one got motion sickness by playing this game? i played the demo when it came out. i finished the demo and i was fine. when it dropped to $20, i bought the game and got up to 2nd chapter and i couldnt finish it. i get sick after 15mins.

I got the game for Christmas and beat it in a few sittings over a couple of days. Here's the review I typed up for it (I never assign number scores, but if I did I would go for a 6.5 or 7):

Mirror’s Edge (along with Dead Space) represents a shift in philosophy for EA, a company long—and rightly so—dogged by accusations of resting on their laurels, content to merely update their existing franchises. Not only is Mirror’s Edge a fresh game from an unlikely publisher, it’s a first person game with a unique visual style based on parkour, which is a great idea on paper, and remains a pretty good one in execution. Unfortunately, Mirror’s Edge has a handful of shortcomings that keep it from achieving greatness.

The key failing of Mirror’s Edge is shoehorning in first person shooter gameplay where it just isn’t necessary. As the game progresses, you’ll find yourself in situations where the game turns into a frustrating third-rate FPS that only serves to frustrate and make you wonder if it’s really worthwhile to keep playing. As the game is based around parkour, it’s not as though shooting even had to enter into the equation, but it does, and detracts heavily from the experience. Like Prince of Persia: Sands of Time before it, the repetitive combat rears its head far too often and serves to belittle the key gameplay mechanics, making what is ultimately a short game drag in far too many places.

Also keeping Mirror’s Edge from greatness are the aesthetics. Visually, the main game looks great and has a nice, clean style. Unfortunately, the story is passable at best, and when it comes time to move the plot along the game switches to cartoonish cutscenes that look to be directly inspired by the oft-loathed and cheap-looking Esurance commercials. This is doubly unfortunate since the concept art you unlock shows some very talented artists were involved in the project. As such, the cutscenes are distracting and take away from the already insignificant story. And about that story: it’s a pretty vanilla affair of rescuing you sister, who has been set up for a murder she didn’t commit. That’s all fine and good, and I’m the last person to play games for stories (that’s what films and books do best, after all), but the characters are stock and uninteresting, and the plot twists aren’t very clever. On the sound front, I wasn’t enthralled with the soundtrack, which includes some rather generic electronic music, but there were some nice tracks that had a Tangerine Dream feel that I can appreciate.

The core gameplay mechanics are solid and the game is excellent when you’re able to roam the chapters finding your way around without being shot at or having to shoot back, it’s just a shame that a game so competent at its core concept felt the need to try and be more. There’s also a race mode where you try and best set times for certain paths which is pretty fun. Normally I tend to skip over non-essential extra modes like that in games, but seeing as it focuses solely on the parts of the game I felt were the best, it definitely adds replay value to the parts of the game that really work. All things considered, Mirror’s Edge remains a good game despite its flaws, though the lack of focus and some odd presentation choices knock its overall enjoyability down several notches.

[quote name='DrJustinRamone']I got the game for Christmas and beat it in a few sittings over a couple of days. Here's the review I typed up for it (I never assign number scores, but if I did I would go for a 6.5 or 7):[/QUOTE]

It seems like the biggest issue you have with the game is the fact that you had to pick up a gun to continue along. The fact is, however, that you can finish the entire game without firing on any enemies. There’s even a trophy/achievement for doing so. The game is designed around parkour and you can use that skill to get around any of the obstacles. Treat each firefight like a puzzle. Sometimes you have to search a little harder to find the solution.

I just finished Mirror's Edge last night(got it for Christmas) and the only advice I have to offer is play it on easy or it will ruin the experience. I wanted to like this game so much, but the bone-headed development decisions Dice made killed the fun for me. This is the first game in almost a year that had me literally screaming "GOD DAMN IT!!!" and "YOU fuckING CUNT!!!" at my TV. It's frustrating as hell trying to play the game without shooting anybody, which is the way game leads you to feel is the "right" way to be playing it. The A.I. ALWAYS knows where you are, even if you're out of sight, which makes it almost impossible to sneak up and disarm. The level design is also very linear, which is a damn shame considering how nice the city looks. $15-$20 is the right price for it. A sequel that fixes the combat, the A.I. and the linearity would be a "Game of the Year" contender.

I was never able to fully meld with the controls so that I didn't have to think about what I was pressing. I was hoping for a beautifully fluid, seamless experience, but was never able to achieve it. There just always seemed to be one too many button presses required for my next move. It's unfortunate because I definitely saw a lot of potential.

My brother, however, never felt the same frustration I did, so I'm sure that for $15 many people would be pleased with their purchase.

[quote name='CDiablo']One of my local Targets had this forPS3 @ 4.98 last week, still not worth it.[/QUOTE]

I picked one up at my local Target today for that price. Definitely worth $5

[quote name='Brownjohn']It seems like the biggest issue you have with the game is the fact that you had to pick up a gun to continue along. The fact is, however, that you can finish the entire game without firing on any enemies. There’s even a trophy/achievement for doing so. The game is designed around parkour and you can use that skill to get around any of the obstacles. Treat each firefight like a puzzle. Sometimes you have to search a little harder to find the solution.[/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure you can beat the game without firing once, as I'm pretty sure you have to use the sniper rifle at least once towards the end of the game, and that takes place shortly before a segment that it is extremely difficult to get past without disarming enemies and using their guns to take care of the six or so that are consistently firing on you. I went as long as possible without firing on enemies, opting to run past them where it seemed feasible (earning the achievement early on), but later on the game seems to make you choose between the hassle of running and getting shot at constantly or dealing with the lackluster disarming and combat system.

To add a further example to my claim that the combat is unnecessary and drags the game down, (WARNING: POSSIBLE STORY SPOILER) the parts where you're being chased by enemies without guns are far more exhilarating than being pursued by their armed cohorts.

bread's done
Back