Mirror's Edge (PC) $10.88 shipped at Buy.com

Thanks, dude! Just put in my order... depending where you're it, it could come out to $11.94 ... I got charged tax. Thanks!

[quote name='GreasyButton']If only it was the Xbox version. ;-;[/QUOTE]

Yeah, then I could miss out on 3D Vision and PhysX enhancements. . . you know, I don't see "if only it was the PC version" in every console thread like I do in PC threads.

This has activation, right? (I should almost keep a list or something...) Otherwise this would be the one to get. The PhysX stuff actually looks awesome.

I bit. I'd been wanting to check out this game but the price wasn't right until now. 4-14 business days to get the game though? Oh well, you get what you pay for.

[quote name='Jodou']Shipping kills the deal for me. :\[/QUOTE]

At ~$10.00 total? Really?!? If I didn't already have the PS3 version, I'd be all over this, especially for the PhysX enhancement. Personally, this title was a fresh, innovative, and applauded effort by DICE and well worth this price.

[quote name='turls']Yeah, then I could miss out on 3D Vision and PhysX enhancements. . . you know, I don't see "if only it was the PC version" in every console thread like I do in PC threads.[/QUOTE]

The FPS games where only the console version is on sale get that.

[quote name='BrandonMills']Eh, this game screams Weekend Deal on Steam. Pass for now.[/QUOTE]

I was debating whether to wait for it to hit 9.99 on Steam, but this is actually the better deal IMO. I'm more interested in the DLC levels than the main game. I'm generally NOT into DLC, but those levels look fantastic. And I know I like the gameplay from the demo. But guess what? DLC doesn't work with the Steam version.

[quote name='hordak']What the frick? I woke up this morning to a payment refund with no explanation. Anybody else experience this?[/QUOTE]

I didn't order mine till this morning, but I've gotten the shipping confirmation number already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. It's ridiculous you have to make those choices. Normally, I'd go Steam all the way. Just decided I'd have to make an exception this time.

[quote name='BrandonMills']Eh, this game screams Weekend Deal on Steam. Pass for now.[/QUOTE]

It's... $10.

Cheap Ass Gamer, indeed.

Actually, for me, it's coming up $15 shipped. $10 + $4 shipping + tax. At that price, I will pass.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Yeah this just jumped to 14, bummer.[/QUOTE]

$13.88 to be exact... looks like I bit at the right time. My first purchase via PayPal was rejected, but my second try went through. Looking forward to this game. The PS3 demo was awesome.

I ordered mine this morning through PayPal and got my shipping confirmation already. Might not be such a long wait after all!

[quote name='Wolfpup']That's a good question too (so does anyone know if this has activation for sure yet?)[/QUOTE]

Retail box absolutely has Securom protection and all that it entails (activation, overly aggressive install, etc)...

[quote name='Justin42']Retail box absolutely has Securom protection and all that it entails (activation, overly aggressive install, etc)...[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I pass too then.

[quote name='Justin42']Retail box absolutely has Securom protection and all that it entails (activation, overly aggressive install, etc)...[/QUOTE]

I actually find this game's Securom implementation among the least intrusive.

You get 5 installs. If you need to reformat your computer, you can download a program from EA that will de-authorize the game from your computer, freeing up one of the activations. If, for some unknown reason, you happen to blow through all 5, like you happen to have 5 different hard drive failures, I believe you can contact EA and have them give you more installs. One thing I have noticed, though, is if you re-format your system without de-authorizing it, as long as you've not changed your hardware, a subsequent install doesn't eat up an activation.

Finally, once the game is activated, you don't need the disc to play.

It's much, much better than Crysis, which not only requires the disc to play, but that game's disc isn't even readable in all drives.

[quote name='saturnotaku']For those of you waiting for this to drop under $10 shipped, GoGamer has it for $5.90.[/QUOTE]

Just picked it up from there after seeing Cheapy's thread. :D

[quote name='PipChaos']Ugh, I pass too then.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys :whistle2:/ I figured it was from that period where EA was slapping activation on everything (if they aren't still), but wasn't sure. Oh well, maybe I'll play the console one some century.

[quote name='saturnotaku']For those of you waiting for this to drop under $10 shipped, GoGamer has it for $5.90.[/QUOTE]

BOO!!! Well, that sucks... I guess I should have waited a couple of days... grrr...

[quote name='hordak']How's the SecuRom?[/QUOTE]

Doing a clean install of Windows in the next couple days, so I'm not installing till then. Don't want to risk losing an activation.

bread's done
Back