Mispriced Phoenix Wright figures in San Mateo, CA

Ichiban-kan in San Mateo is selling the unopened wholesale version of these figures at the same price of the individual figure boxes, $2.50!! Meaning, it's the box that contains 8 figure boxes. As long as the box is not opened you're guaranteed each of the 7 figures. Here are pics for a reference.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-01-49-en-70-1dal.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phoenix-Wright-...oryZ1345QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The catch is that you need to have this particular old lady ring you up. Yes, she doesn't know any better, but that's the price the barcode reader comes up with on the wholesale box. She tends to work there weekday mornings until 2PM.

Yes, my moral fiber is non-existent.

[quote name='normalmode']Just a really quick update. I managed to snag a few more AND I was rung up for $2.50 again (same lady). I'll sort through the list when I have time later today. I'm sorry everyone, but things got complicated when people opted to pass on the boxes I paid $20 so they could take advantage of the $2.50 deal.

If some of you locals are interested, there were three opened wholesale boxes if you want to take a chance on the individual figures.[/quote]

I'll get the box [when my name's next in the list].

btw: I really appreciate what you're doing. Thanks

-rcx4

I agree - the OP is pretty cool for doing this. I know I'm not even on the list, so all I can do is hope someone gets an extra Phoenix and Edgey, or at least an extra Phoenix and wants to give it a good home in Kentucky. :)

[quote name='normalmode']Just a really quick update. I managed to snag a few more AND I was rung up for $2.50 again (same lady). I'll sort through the list when I have time later today. I'm sorry everyone, but things got complicated when people opted to pass on the boxes I paid $20 so they could take advantage of the $2.50 deal.

If some of you locals are interested, there were three opened wholesale boxes if you want to take a chance on the individual figures.[/quote]

Ey man, I don't mean to be pushy but I just wanna know where I am in this line ;O

Really looking forward to getting one of these boxes, thanks for doing this dude!

If you have a spare moment in your time, I would like to know my place on the list as well. If not, that's fine, I 'll be more patient. Man you aere so awesome, doing this for the CAG community!!!!

[quote name='Sailorneorune']He was on earlier this evening - maybe try sending him a PM again?[/quote]
Yea, I'll try.

I sent him one the other day...

I'm selling a lot of those figures as well...

But not at $2.50...something still cheap.

Anyone willing to buy?

B:L gb2 sc :booty:

Ah...sorry to leave everyone hanging (again). I promise to reply again tonight with a proper priority list.

There were some who had concerns if I genuinely had the boxes, so I hope this helps.

I made another visit the other day to the store, though the old lady wasn't there. Please note that the store did a bit of reorganizing so be sure to check all the aisles. I did see two unopened boxes.

Wow, my handwriting is crap.

If anyone is interested, I was able to get my hands on a few boxes, paid full price for them. Thought I'd offer you guys here first before I popped it up on sale at eBay.

PM me if you're interested.

Ok here's the list. Please note this has been adjusted to also include PMs, and I'm still prioritizing based on the time of your response. If you don't see your name, it's most likely that I already offered you a box and you declined.

1) Scorch
2) Kain Vincent
3) OnChkMnDS
4) squid
5) chakan
6) phreak5k
7) Rodfather
8) colorado_wiz
9) Foolman
10) Guinaevere
11) MarkMan
12) rcx4
13) Owen
14) sailorneorune
15) B:L
16) eliter1
17) Strell
18) machoman_93
19) Slim Gatsby
20) 62t

I appreciate others helping in selling their boxes. If any of you do manage to buy from them, I think it would be fairest to let me know so I can take you off my list.

In some unexpected good news, I ended up with two more boxes. Unfortunately, it involved asking the store staff if they had any more boxes, so while they were happy to check in the back for me, I paid $20 each. I'm about to contact Kain Vincent and OnChkMnDS.

Ok! Managed to get another one, and squid has been PMed accordingly.

I do have some bad news for any newcomers. I'm personally gonna put a hold on adding new people to the priority list for the indefinite future (everyone on that list on Page 4 is safe). I can only say that a couple people close to me would like a chance to take advantage of this 'investment' opportunity, and I'm in a position where I'm happy to oblige. Again, provided that the store continues to keep the cases in stock, everyone from phreak5k to 62t should be contacted by me in the next couple months.

Double thanks to Normalmode. I was able to get a full set out of the deal and my friend took a couple to try and finish his set off. I'm thinking of repainting variant Godot, but I will need some more free time.

Wicked news! The store saved a full shipment for me, so I picked it up today. Heh, it came in a Capcom-branded box of 12. So the next 12 of you will be contacted. All that's left is Slim Gatsby & 62t

got mine today, anyone else have a really hard time putting Maya, Mia, and Franciska on their stands? They just won't stay in/stand up for me

Got my item today. Thanks normalmode!

[quote name='phreak5k']got mine today, anyone else have a really hard time putting Maya, Mia, and Franciska on their stands? They just won't stay in/stand up for me[/quote]

I've been having the same problem too. The only thing I can think of is to use something like silly putty that's used for small figurines [around $2 at Target].

Saw the set for my friend was shipped yesterday.

Also, the putty sounds like a good idea - I wonder if that will affect the paint though...

I only have Phoenix and Edgeworth out of their boxes right now anyway. :)

bread's done
Back