Mispriced Phoenix Wright figures in San Mateo, CA

Ichiban-kan in San Mateo is selling the unopened wholesale version of these figures at the same price of the individual figure boxes, $2.50!! Meaning, it's the box that contains 8 figure boxes. As long as the box is not opened you're guaranteed each of the 7 figures. Here are pics for a reference.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-01-49-en-70-1dal.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phoenix-Wright-...oryZ1345QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The catch is that you need to have this particular old lady ring you up. Yes, she doesn't know any better, but that's the price the barcode reader comes up with on the wholesale box. She tends to work there weekday mornings until 2PM.

Yes, my moral fiber is non-existent.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']Saw the set for my friend was shipped yesterday.

Also, the putty sounds like a good idea - I wonder if that will affect the paint though...

I only have Phoenix and Edgeworth out of their boxes right now anyway. :)[/quote]

It hasn't happened to mine yet. And just to be sure, put the silly putty at the bottom of the figure [feet].

Wanted to come back in here and thank normalmode once again for the hookup. The figures are great.

What is everyone doing with their extra figure? I got a second Edgeworth. His foot was broken but I imagine it would be a really easy fix.

I'm wondering if USPS delivered this to the wrong house. I live in a pretty crowded area (all the driveways are connected and then split later) and some of the people that live here are too lazy to put up signs.

Though, maybe normalmode is shipping in small groups since he does have 12 to send out. Does he normally send a PM to tell you he shipped it?

I paid him on Wednesday.. he told me he normally ships on Saturday. I PM'ed him last night to see if he had shipped it yet and received no response, even though his last login was today. I'm sure he'll come through, everyone else has been receiving figures :)

[quote name='Strell']Wanted to come back in here and thank normalmode once again for the hookup. The figures are great.

What is everyone doing with their extra figure? I got a second Edgeworth. His foot was broken but I imagine it would be a really easy fix.[/quote]

Lucky you, Edgy is my favorite character. I got a 2nd Maya.

@Foolman: He didn't respond to my PMs either but yeah he did send me a PM when he sent the figures out.

Okay. I sent him money on the 12th, but I haven't gotten a shipment PM yet. It's better knowing that it hasn't been shipped since I don't have to worry about one of my neighbors getting it by mistake. Thanks KHSLove.

Also Veronica Mars: PW and SR fan? Good taste!

[quote name='KSHLove']Lucky you, Edgy is my favorite character. I got a 2nd Maya.[/QUOTE]

I was kind of disappointed there's no Edgeworth with his arm raised and pointing. But I'm rusty on the first game - did he ever do that? I mean Scorch has it in his sig and everything, so it seems like a natural pose for the series. Or a pose where he had both of his arms up in a "I can't help you, idiot" sort of manner would have been nice too.

Meanwhile there's two Godots with very small differences. I think a removable visor would have worked. Then we could have gotten a Gumshoe.

Oh well.

[quote name='Strell']I was kind of disappointed there's no Edgeworth with his arm raised and pointing. But I'm rusty on the first game - did he ever do that? I mean Scorch has it in his sig and everything, so it seems like a natural pose for the series. Or a pose where he had both of his arms up in a "I can't help you, idiot" sort of manner would have been nice too.

Meanwhile there's two Godots with very small differences. I think a removable visor would have worked. Then we could have gotten a Gumshoe.

Oh well.[/quote]

agree finger pointing edgeworth would've been cool. Although I don't remember him doing it that much. I haven't played the PW games in a while but I think he slams his palm more than he points. And it seems finger pointing is kind of Wright's signature move.

He logged in yet again and STILL no notification PM. If he needs to re-stock, that's fine, but he told me last week he would ship out Saturday, and since then, he's logged in four times and has not responded to my PM. If I don't learn something within the next two or three days, I will be flagging down a mod and contacting PayPal.

Foolman, you paid on the 12th? Two and a half weeks ago? Something is definitely up.

[quote name='Scorch']He logged in yet again and STILL no notification PM. If he needs to re-stock, that's fine, but he told me last week he would ship out Saturday, and since then, he's logged in four times and has not responded to my PM. If I don't learn something within the next two or three days, I will be flagging down a mod and contacting PayPal.

Foolman, you paid on the 12th? Two and a half weeks ago? Something is definitely up.[/quote]

Normalmode is a good guy. I'd hate to see something happen :/
Hopefully he responds soon.

Wow, that's an amazing price on these. I bought a PW and it was quite a bit... but 7 for the box... makes me want to asplode.

Yeah, well frankly price is unimportant to me. I couldn't find these anywhere and live in Redneck NorCal so we have no memorabilia type stores.

Scorch: The guy has been getting the figurines to other people so I'm assuming something else is holding him up rather than him trying to scam us.

[quote name='Foolman']Scorch: The guy has been getting the figurines to other people so I'm assuming something else is holding him up rather than him trying to scam us.[/quote]

I'd like to think that, but a lot of people on CAG have been building up their feedback and then scamming people. See the trade forum. I'm just a little nervous. He's logged in multiple times since then, so if there's a problem, I don't understand why he hasn't told us yet.

I don't know, but I don't have a good feeling. It's been a week now since I paid and he's logged in multiple times. You can call me paranoid, I don't care, but he mentioned shipping out this past Saturday and has ignored all my PM's since the very second I sent him payment.

Like I said, I don't mind if he's just waiting on supplies to be restocked at that place or whatever, I just want to know what is going on.

hes probably not getting them discounted anymore. When i bought it he charged me $2.50 + shipping. But yeah hes not too good with answering pms.

You guys need to read the thread. I don't remember which page it's on, but he says that he can't get them for $2.50 anymore maybe 2-3 pages in. Instead, the old lady was corrected and told she had to scan the box 8 times (for each figure).

That's 20 a box. Adding in shipping fees and a "finder's fee," he arrived at $30.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Really? Last time I spoke to him, after he posted, he said rarely, he gets them at 2.50, but not as much as before.[/QUOTE]

This is from the second page.

[quote name='normalmode']The Bad News: While they did manage to restock, I couldn't find the old lady after a couple visits. I didn't want to miss out so I just dropped $20 for each wholesale box. Also, I'm still working through the PMs who responded during the first week after my initial posting.

The Good News: Yes, they did restock. I managed to get 6, which is all they had.

BTW, this has been the pricing I've working with:
Initial payment: $20
Tax: $2 (rounded up from $1.65)
Parcel Post shipping $6
Finder's fee: $2 (it's not a big deal, as I eat lunch in that neighborhood almost every day).

$30 work for you all?

If any of the 6 I responded to don't reply within 48 hours, or elect to wait for me to find the old lady after another restocking, I'll be sure to let you guys know.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Strell']You guys need to read the thread. I don't remember which page it's on, but he says that he can't get them for $2.50 anymore maybe 2-3 pages in. Instead, the old lady was corrected and told she had to scan the box 8 times (for each figure).

That's 20 a box. Adding in shipping fees and a "finder's fee," he arrived at $30.[/quote]

While they did manage to restock, I couldn't find the old lady after a couple visits.

wait for me to find the old lady after another restocking,

I can't find anywhere that it says she charges him the right amount. It seems like he's been paying full price, because she doesn't work as much Or he can't find her.

Hell though, as a person who doesn't have a memorabilia store I'd be willing to pay even more. I was actually planning on telling him I'd buy another if he ended up with extras.

[quote name='TheRodfather']If you don't mind, please look :whistle2:D Same price as him work?[/quote]

No Extra ?
Lol, Just playing :p
Yeah, all I want is Cost + Ship, since I'm going around there.

Yikes, I'm sorry to have inadvertently generated so much dialogue. Scorch has been updated directly with my sincerest apologies. Paypal should have sent Scorch the tracking info today. I wish I can pinpoint one reason for my delay, but it really just came down to general busyness. I'd certainly would encourage honest iTrader feedback, so as to set realistic expectations for any potential buyer, and hopefully for me to be a better rader.

NM

P.S. Might have found a new source of figures. Will hopefully have more info soon.

Just to clear it up, all I wanted was an update. I was freaked out after all the scams here lately. No worries at all :)

I'm glad this stuff was cleared up. I figured normalmode was a good guy cause he could have just been flipping these for a higher price on eBay instead of offering them to CAGs.

Don't forget about me, normalmode!

He said he shipped it out on Thursday, no sign yet, hopefully I get it today.. the tracking # given on paypal didn't work :/

[quote name='TheRodfather']At least you got a tracking number and shipping confirmation. I got no word on either yet.[/quote]

I got sick :/ I didn't go.
I will let you know when I have a chance. In the mean time, if you get it, let me know.

No item today. The tracking number is invalid. If I don't hear back from him, I'm going to be speaking with the resolution center at PayPal at the end of the week.

Don't be so paranoid, Scorch. I got my box yesterday and it was pretty quick considering how late I sent out my payment. ;)

Thanks, normalmode! I've been looking for these figures for a while, and they actually look better than some pictures have shown.

Anyone happen to have an extra Phoenix Wright? I have an unopened random PW figure that I'm willing to part with.

bread's done
Back