Mitsuharu Misawa memorial wrestling topic (1962-2009)

[quote name='bustauppa']his only addiction...

7905cc6ecc305b47465e6fba58ba3d18c4f.gif
[/quote]
yes!!!!

Miz reminds me of the wanna-be wrestler. It's not bad....but it's not good neither.

Some wrestlers look like their characters. Edge and Orton look paranoid. HHH looks like some caveman. Undertaker looks like someone who has done dirt before in real life. Nitro (or Morrison) looks like a Shawn Mic type of pretty boy.

Miz looks like....that backyard wrestler who knows how to take spots because he watched a lot of it back in the day. At least to me. Not like a professional wrestler but like a fan who got a chance to be around professionals

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Hey Busta, do you still have that gif of Punk and Matt Hardy(?) both doing bulldogs and giving each other a high-five?[/QUOTE]ask and ye shall receive!!

73a950331ca3a31a1e530e1da3e607ffbe6.gif

heheh I have a photobucket sub-album dedicated to this stuff :p

[quote name='rvdrock']Taz was bad ass to the core, but before we got to see his personality in WWE, I witnessed first hand with me and my brother before a house show. Him and Tommy were signing autographs and taking pictures and we were with these two girls that the Dudleys had ripped hard in a promo. Well one of the girls loved Tommy Dreamer and she went nuts, and I remember telling Tommy don't mess with her, thats Bubba's girl...and laughing his ass off. It was cool to see him like that, cuz at the time, you never did. Taz got a raw deal, and it sucks, because the man could wrestle...[/QUOTE]

Why did the Dudleyz cut a promo on her?

[quote name='BustaUppa']his only addiction...

7905cc6ecc305b47465e6fba58ba3d18c4f.gif
[/QUOTE]

He's apparently addicted to working out too....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1B1Gkc2YNs[/media]

Going to TNA...front row ringside! Pretty damn pumped, I was on the fence, but when I saw the main event was Angle vs AJ, I pulled the trigger...only 50 bucks, not too bad...

[quote name='Blackout']Why did the Dudleyz cut a promo on her?[/QUOTE]

Back in the day, the Dudleys would single out people that they thought were white trash or what have you...the girl, definitely was white trash...and the Dudleys were super heels cursing and all that...good times

[quote name='StarKnightX']So did anyone watch impact last night? Was it any good?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I liked it.

[quote name='StarKnightX']So did anyone watch impact last night? Was it any good?[/QUOTE]

Basically, everybody got beat up by the MEM after they made a deal with Foley to basically wrestle for every title outside of the X Division title at Victory Road.

Nash vs. AJ for the Legends Title
Booker T & Steiner vs. Beer Money for the Tag Titles
Mick Foley vs. Kurt Angle for the World Title
Sharmell vs. Jenna (Loser is out of the MEM)

Also, Joe and Matt Morgan are in and they beat up Sting so he is out.

[quote name='Brak']Yeah. I liked it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cdeener']Basically, everybody got beat up by the MEM after they made a deal with Foley to basically wrestle for every title outside of the X Division title at Victory Road.

Nash vs. AJ for the Legends Title
Booker T & Steiner vs. Beer Money for the Tag Titles
Mick Foley vs. Kurt Angle for the World Title
Sharmell vs. Jenna (Loser is out of the MEM)

Also, Joe and Matt Morgan are in and they beat up Sting so he is out.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm sounds good then. I recorded the show last night cause I was out of the house and was wondering whether it would be worth watching. I guess the answer would be yes then. Now the next question would be whether Smackdown will be worth watching or not.

Yeah Impact was awesome.

Eric Young headbutted Rhino during an interview so they will more than likely have a match at Victory Road.

It really wasn't much wrestling but a lot of promos and the like.

Yeah Impact was awesome.

Eric Young headbutted Rhino during an interview so they will more than likely have a match at Victory Road.

It really wasn't much wrestling but a lot of promos and the like.

[quote name='cdeener']It really wasn't much wrestling but a lot of promos and the like.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone remember when TNA used to brag about having an emphasis on wrestling? No apparently they don't remember that either.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Does anyone remember when TNA used to brag about having an emphasis on wrestling? No apparently they don't remember that either.[/QUOTE]

Total Nonstop Angles

[quote name='Demolition Man']Does anyone remember when TNA used to brag about having an emphasis on wrestling? No apparently they don't remember that either.[/QUOTE]

i think ive made reference to that a couple times

Smackdown's delayed until 11 in NJ because of Baseball, probably later now b/c there was a long rain delay.

I thought Impact was alright. Good stuff with the MEM/Sting. Stevie tasered Abyss, which actually looked better than these things usually look. Daffney and Taylor had a 10,000 tacks match which was way too short. The tacks were out within a minute and the match was over in about 2 it seemed.

Well, if you call a 10,000 tac match between two women wrestling or having Abyss be attacked in a match with a taser then they had some wrestling.

Shit the last segment with Sting & MEM was the last 15 minutes and didn't involve any actual match at all.

[quote name='Purple Flames']So is Punk a heel now or what?[/QUOTE]

I dunno, but the crowd was absolutely dead for him during his match with Morrison tonight. I think Morrison got bigger pops.

Yeah, they don't really know how to react at this point. Not sure if it was a great idea for them to gauge his heel turn by the reactions to a match that was a month away. I'm sure the "conflicted" Punk after the GTS only made people even more confused.

Morrison/Punk was good as always.

I'm watching the 2002 Survivor Series on JTV right now, and there was just a Chris Nowinski appearance. He had so much potential. It's too bad his brain got scrambled, but I respect what he's doing now with the studies on the effects of concussions.

Whoa. There was a Randy News Network update just now. :lol:

[quote name='NoDQ.com']WWE has made changes to their two October PPV events.

The No Mercy event will now be known "Hell in A Cell" and will take place on October 4th. Last week, WWE posted a fan survey regarding cage-themed shows this change isn't a big surprise. It's interesting because a Triple H vs. Randy Orton HIAC match was originally planned for Summerslam.

After several years of being among the least-purchased WWE PPVs of the year, it appears that Cyber Sunday is finally being put to rest. "WWE Annihilation" will be the new name and will take place on October 25th.[/quote]

Well, I guess that certainly puts those 'changing Hell in a Cell name because it's not PG' rumors to rest.

I do wonder, though, if this trend of renaming PPVs is actually going to rollover into (or back, I suppose) into all of the B PPVs having different names each year. I mean, I can't imagine that something called 'Hell in a Cell' will be a yearly event... at least I hope not. I agree with the guy above in his hope that it isn't an all HIAC PPV... though, I can't imagine they'd name it that for any other reason. God, I hope that theme PPVs aren't something we're going to get more of. Ugh.

TNA!: Lockdown

There's only so much you can do with a steel cage. Using it so much just wears the entire damn idea out. That's why in recent years the Lockdown match stipulations have been ridiculous (tables, strap, anthem, electrified six sides of steel). Plus, all of the coolest things you can do particularly in a Hell in a Cell have alerady been done. Just scrap the idea.

From what I've read , it does appear that the Hell in the Cell PPV is going to be all Hell in the Cell matches.

It appears WWE is trying to boost buyrates on PPVs by giving them all unique themes to them , supposedly based on the "semi-success" of Extreme Rules.

That idea doesn't sound bad on paper , but given how the WWE has been of late , it seems like the potential for good execution isn't too high.

Well, the word is that with Breaking Point in September, only the WWE and World title matches would be submission matches. I'm hoping it will be the same for the HIAC PPV.

Oh yeah and No Way Out is "the PPV with two chamber matches" now... I guess that could also lend credence to the idea that the HIACs are just for the main event.

And I wish their solution to low Cyber Sunday buyrates was to just NOT have two PPVs in the same damn month! :whistle2:(

[quote name='BustaUppa']And I wish their solution to low Cyber Sunday buyrates was to just NOT have two PPVs in the same damn month! :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing but the flaw here is the application of logic to anything Vince does.

Who's going to make the new thread? EDIT: Oh, didn't know that about memorial threads.

Also, I hope that Miz gets squashed at the PPV. I do not understand what anyone sees in the guy. I know you guys wanna see a young kid come up, but Miz just isn't the guy to fit those shoes. I remember seeing Cena years ago and although hating him ( was a bigger mark ) I liked his charisma and character. I know he's doing something right now, but CM Punk would've made much more sense in this role for obvious reasons ( didn't have leftover fame from a mainstream reality TV show, became popular in anti mainstream promotions, has a style that could be billed as more technical than Cena ). Maybe he's just catchin' heat with me because I'm a mark and not " hip" or whatever, but I just don't get it. It's like, people say this dude is the most entertaining part of RAW. Has it gotten that bad?

Last edited by a moderator:
Supposedly she won't be leaving till later this year when her contract expires. I figured something was up when WWE put up a job listing looking for a female ring announcer with singing talent.

Lillian may screw up wrestlers' names and the names of titles, but she's hot, has a great voice, and really shows enthusiasm when doing her job. I'll miss her.

bread's done
Back