Mk DECEPTION Kollector's Edition ....cant wait for this game!!!!

Includes the standard Mortal Kombat: Deception, plus these bonus features:
An EB Games exclusive playable character—Scorpion
Special Edition Packaging
An “arcade perfect” version of Mortal Kombat 1
Comprehensive “The History of Mortal Kombat” from inception through MK: Deception
Additional 15 character video bios (25 total)
Serialized limited edition trading card

I wonder what it means by eb games exclusive scorpion playable???? and i know its $10 more but the packaging looks awesome and the extras look great too.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']The PS2 version isn't as sweet, so looks like I'm going with X-Box for this game.[/quote]

ps version cover looks ok too....

http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/244840.asp

you get a metal sub zero card.

i would want both but i want to play it on live over ps2 online

and i wish they would make the classics online...thats my wish...no one can touch me on mk3/umk3/trilogy

i dont understand though about the exclusive characters..it cant mean that scorpion only on x...its gotta be something else to do with eb

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']GS does not have Scorpion, or the metal card. Also, the X-Box cover art is different. It looks like it may be an EB exclusve.[/quote]

well if that is so i know where my money is going...all i need now is a free overnight ship

no way they would take out one of the most popular characters in a game, and only allow people who order from EB to play as him

Sounds like a waste of $10 to me, wasn't Scorpian already supposed to be in the game when it was being developed? Did midway change it just so they could hike up the price on a SE?

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Sounds like a waste of $10 to me, wasn't Scorpian already supposed to be in the game when it was being developed? Did midway change it just so they could hike up the price on a SE?[/quote]

The SE versions have varying characters on the covers, and EB will be the only store carrying the Scorpion cover.

Yeah I just figured that out, I won't be spending the extra then...I could care less about the cover to be honest as I am not really a collector.

damn...now xbox gets all the covers :(

what's up w/ this sudden pop up of "special editions' now?

madden 2005, halo 2, killzone, and now this? this is gettin way outta hand...

[quote name='swetooth9']damn...now xbox gets all the covers :(

madden 2005, halo 2, killzone, and now this? this is gettin way outta hand...[/quote]

Welcome to the double dip, movie companies have been doing for it since DVD started almost.

Yeah, I definitley think it will be rare. Plus, Mortal Kombat has a pretty loyal fan base, so it might actually be worth something. I wish I could get all of the cards without having to buy all versions.

[quote name='GameDude']Yeah, I definitley think it will be rare. Plus, Mortal Kombat has a pretty loyal fan base, so it might actually be worth something. I wish I could get all of the cards without having to buy all versions.[/quote]

dont worry, ppl will prolly be sellin theirs on ebay...

Wow, now this has a special kollector's edition. Halo 2, Killzone, Half Life 2, and if i'm not mistaken Doom 3 as well. If it is only the cover art that is different, than I'll just go for the regular MK for PS2 since I like its controls better over the Xbox's. Is there any other differences between the sSE version and the regular version?

That is such a load of BS, they take my 2 favorite characters and to get them I have to spend $120... fuck that.

Yaeh, I see the original arcade of MK and the 40 minute documentary. I might pick it up for those now that I think of it since it seems intersting and that i'm a huge MK fan. Do you get anything for Preordering (i.e. T-shirt, poster, figuringe, etc.)

But the description on EB reads, "An EB Games exclusive playable character—Scorpion"

Pretty strange...

Looking at the games on the Midway Classic 2, they have Cyberball! Is that the same one that was on the Genesis, because I loved that game, especially when they got overheated and exploded.

[quote name='swetooth9']damn...now xbox gets all the covers :(

madden 2005, halo 2, killzone, and now this? this is gettin way outta hand...[/quote]

Killzone has a special edition? Anyways, why the heck did they choose Wal-Mart to have an exclusive box art?...

this is really weak, we already have systems getting exclusives over each other, and now we are goin to get merchants having exclusives over each other. I have a bad feeling about this.

Well according to a few internet gaming news sites.. Midway has yet to announce any special edition of Deception.. I wouldn't worry about what is or is not in the SE until its actually anounced.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']this is really weak, we already have systems getting exclusives over each other, and now we are goin to get merchants having exclusives over each other. I have a bad feeling about this.[/quote]

Systems have had exclusives over each other since the days of the Atari 2600. There's nothing wrong iwth that system, thats how the hardware manufacturer's make money and thats how we get good consoles to play on.

And if certain retailers get different box art and a few extra trinkets for me to lose.. I could care less.

"An EB Games exclusive playable character—Scorpion"

I really don't think you can play as scorpion only if you buy from eb, i have never heard game developers tailor to a store ... plus wouldn't they make more having the game available at other locations ?? Eb games aren't everywhere,,, and consider the % of games sold at TRS,BB and CC..... it wouldn't make sense. i can understand the cover art,,, but to have a different game ???

EB Games has had exclusive extra game content before, but it's usually something insignificant like items or skins. Having an exclusive playable character would be completely different. I'm not sure I like the idea. I don't use Xbox Live, but can you imagine how the balance would be affected if only a certain percentage of MK Deception owners could use Scorpion?

Perhaps this is designed to pump the numbers of pre-orders? Especially considering that more and more publishers are depending exclusively on pre-orders to determine the initial pressings of their games.

LMAO quit bitchin' bout scorpion, we musnt forget that we get an arcade PERFECT port of MK1, thats enough for me to fork over 10!

It's obvious that someone at EB who wrote the description either made a mistake and meant to say that they have an exclusive Scorpion COVER and not character, OR they did it on purpose because they would actually get people to believe that they have an exclusive character, which is retarded since Scorpion is a mainstay of the series and to keep him exclusive to a store would just be rediculous.

But will EB actually change their description? Probably not any time soon. Since quite a few people on this board are already confused as to the product description, EB will gain a lot more preorders than other places for their little "error" that makes it seem they have some exclusive character.

... and by the way, I prefer the Baraka cover being sold exclusively at Gamestop. Add in my employee discount and I think I know which version to get, hehe.

I dont think its double dipping when they give you the option from the get-go. The thing is, and ive heard this a LOT from here (cag) "I'll spend the extra $$ to get the collectors edition of Halo 2"...so yeah...thery're getting people who normally wait for a game to drop beloew $20 to buy a game for 5-10 more.

great marketing

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/535/535211p1.html

check out the media page to see the melieena, baraka and raiden in adittion to scorpion and sub-zero

ebgames MUST be offering scorpion as a character because he is on the cover of only the xbox one and he is not an official character in the roster, the "official roster" (dont hole me to this) is:

Playable @ E3 2004
Sindel
Ermac
Li Mei
Ashrah
Baraka
Mileena
Sub-Zero
Ermac
Li Mei
Ashrah
Hotaru -
Nightwolf
Bo' Rai Cho
Kenshi

Other Konfirmed Characters
Only the fighters that have appeared in screenshots and movies but were not in the E3 are in this list.

Noob
Ben
Kabal
Kira
Girl in green (Tanya and/or Jade)
Liu Kang (Spirit/Zombie)
Smoke
Raiden
Darrius
Shujinko
*Havik
*Damashi

The characters with a * before their name have been mentioned in other characters' bios, they're NOT confirmed to be playable as fighters.

Announced in Magazines Fighters
These are the characters that we are not really sure if they will be in the game or not.

Skab(could be alt for noob)
Kung Lao
Tanya
Sektor
Jax
Kung Lao

i got that shit off some message board so it could be BS for all i know.... but if scorpion is indeed playable only thru kollectors edition fo xbox..... i can spare the 10 bucks

[quote name='StealthySeal']LMAO quit bitchin' bout scorpion, we musnt forget that we get an arcade PERFECT port of MK1, thats enough for me to fork over 10![/quote]

Arcade perfect versions of Mortal Kombat 1, 2 and 3 will be available in Midway Classics 2.

[quote name='Xevious'][quote name='StealthySeal']LMAO quit bitchin' bout scorpion, we musnt forget that we get an arcade PERFECT port of MK1, thats enough for me to fork over 10![/quote]

Arcade perfect versions of Mortal Kombat 1, 2 and 3 will be available in Midway Classics 2.[/quote]

Right, not sure if the $10 is justified then....I've been on the fence about this game for a while now.

bread's done
Back