MLB 10: The Show - March 2, 2010 - Full Online Season Leagues and Online Priority!

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Not quite, but nobody has answered it. Now that the game is out, it's more likely that people can answer it.[/QUOTE]

No sorry. For previous seasons

Player card shows Hits, HR's, AVG, RBI's.

Pitchers Wins, Losses, Strike outs, Saves, Era.

just got my copy from amazon while i was on my lunch break played some hr derby...graphics are awesome...gonna start an RTTS after work and its my first time playing RTTS any suggestions on which position i should pick etc??

[quote name='SnorE']just got my copy from amazon while i was on my lunch break played some hr derby...graphics are awesome...gonna start an RTTS after work and its my first time playing RTTS any suggestions on which position i should pick etc??[/QUOTE]

Pitcher and Catcher are the two most involved positions. I'd recommend either of those. I always play pitcher, and I started one this year. Once I get all the pitcher trophies, I'll start over with a catcher.

Also, if you want all the trophies, you have to play a pitcher and catcher in RTTS.

@Brownjohn: thanks for the tip

@mitemouse: thanks i was wondering when i would get mine will check when i get outta work

[quote name='Dahk']I'll be very dissapointed if thats the case. I stopped playing after that since it was getting late and I have work in the mornings.

I'll check when I get off work.[/QUOTE]

I know was really getting into it with my character. I would be able to skip the game if I wanted to but then the computers stats count as mine and I didnt want that lol.

Hopefully its not a issue but it seems like it is happening to others in one way or another :

[quote name='hqn101']they got to fix the random freeze issue with the loading screen in RTTS, thats twice I've gotten it today. Happen only when my player got called up to the majors[/QUOTE]

@mitemouse thanks for the heads up checked my email and there it was with the Heavy Rain Code :)

Nice little easter egg for Yankee fans. Not to spoil anything but play a game at Yankee Stadium between the Yankees and the Angels with RTP off and Cutscenes on.

Is there an option for pitch calling for catchers in RTTS that I can turn off? I ended up just changing my second position when I was called up to replace another catcher since I suck at calling pitches.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Is there an option for pitch calling for catchers in RTTS that I can turn off? I ended up just changing my second position when I was called up to replace another catcher since I suck at calling pitches.[/QUOTE]

I thought they had it the same way as pitching, where if you hit R2, it recommends a pitch and location for you. Or are you saying that you don't even like doing that?

[quote name='Brownjohn']I thought they had it the same way as pitching, where if you hit R2, it recommends a pitch and location for you. Or are you saying that you don't even like doing that?[/QUOTE]
Didn't see an R2 option when doing the one save opportunity I had to catch, so I'll see if that helps. Thanks.

[quote name='wildcpac']Why would that be a bug? Victorino in a game last year got thrown out for arguing from CF on balls and strikes for an opponent.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. Well done sir!

[quote name='DestroVega']well Amazon hasn't even shipped mine yet, bummer..[/QUOTE]

You didn't hear this from me, but buy it at Wal-Mart/Gamestop/Target and return your Amazon copy with the receipt you get from said store. ;)

Boy, I've got some work to do. Last baseball game I played was MVP 05 on the PS2 and it looks like they've come a long way since then. Did some training, then played a couple of quick games and I kind of suck. I suppose it doesn't help that I'm a Cleveland fan and they're one of the very worst teams this year in the game.

[quote name='kingtopher']Boy, I've got some work to do. Last baseball game I played was MVP 05 on the PS2 and it looks like they've come a long way since then. Did some training, then played a couple of quick games and I kind of suck. I suppose it doesn't help that I'm a Cleveland fan and they're one of the very worst teams this year in the game.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you except the last one I played was triple play 99. I seemed to do decently so far going 5-4 online, even with playing against the yankees and phillies every game.

[quote name='kingtopher']Boy, I've got some work to do. Last baseball game I played was MVP 05 on the PS2 and it looks like they've come a long way since then.[/QUOTE]

Not really. Yeah, the graphics look better but it's come at the price of an incredible amount of glitches that can break the game. Both 2k and The Show claim to add "all new features" even though some were already in MVP 2005.

anyone have issues with their code working but not downloading? My heavy rain code is invalid apparently

btw, I ordered both from amazon

Code does not actually download anything. it is just an unlock so cannot be used in game share groups. It is psn name locked to that user.

[quote name='icedrake523']Not really. Yeah, the graphics look better but it's come at the price of an incredible amount of glitches that can break the game. Both 2k and The Show claim to add "all new features" even though some were already in MVP 2005.[/QUOTE]
Road to the Show alone makes it a huge improvement over MVP 2005, as that made a worthwhile career mode important to me for future sports games.

I just picked up this game with my $20 amazon credit from BFBC2, and the visuals are absolutely amazing. Im somewhat new to baseball games, and diving right in, i realize that i absolutely SUCK at this game. Seems like no matter what i do the other team is blasting homers and i am grounding out or popping the ball up in the infield. Anyone have any tips or is there just a bit of a learning curve for these games and i will just have to keep playing till i figure out what works and what doesnt?

[quote name='bar5003']I just picked up this game with my $20 amazon credit from BFBC2, and the visuals are absolutely amazing. Im somewhat new to baseball games, and diving right in, i realize that i absolutely SUCK at this game. Seems like no matter what i do the other team is blasting homers and i am grounding out or popping the ball up in the infield. Anyone have any tips or is there just a bit of a learning curve for these games and i will just have to keep playing till i figure out what works and what doesnt?[/QUOTE]

Put hitting and pitching on easy. There is a huge learning curve. You are going to have to learn to work the count. Take the first pitch and do not swing at balls on the outer part of the plate. Those you are just going to ground out weakly to the fielders. Use the guess pitch feature and guess fastball each time unless the pitcher has thrown it a couple of times in a row already. Don't guess the same pitch more than twice. A good rule is to guess fastball and react to curveball. So if the pitch isn't going to come in fast you give yourself that extra second before you swing.

If you are still having problems, play with the sliders a hair or two based on the level you are playing on to your favor.

I have it on very easy and the sliders all the way up and I can still barely score runs. I dont have the patience to take pitches, as games already take ~1hr on fast play

Are you guys just playing exhibition games? You have to remember that you are going to face the other teams best pitcher each time. The majority of teams in the game have a very good to great 1st starter. The difference between the 1st and 4th/5th on most teams is night and day.

Smig, you are going to have to learn to work the count if you want to score runs. Swinging first pitch and balls out on the outer part of the plate isn't going to help. You cant turn on a pitch when you have to reach all the way outside for it.

Helpful link from the 2009 version. Just use that as a guideline because it's pretty much the same principles.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/scea-sports-mlb/346096-mlb-09-show-helpful-tutorials.html

I hear ya. I played 2 games in my franchise last night. Got 1 run each off of Tim Lincecum and Adam Wainwright.

Im gonna play a game now since I have more time I will try and work the count. Any tips on how to tell if its a strike or ball? I mean, they all look good to me lol

[quote name='smiggity']I have it on very easy and the sliders all the way up and I can still barely score runs. I dont have the patience to take pitches, as games already take ~1hr on fast play[/QUOTE]

You post this and you had the nerve to call me a whiner? You've basically just stated that you don't have the patience to play baseball...but you want to play baseball? You're one of those "strikes only" people online aren't you?

Makes sense, that's what I thought it was but I wanted to make sure. I read through the instruction manual but it was not very helpful. I haven't played a baseball game since MVP 05 so just trying to get back into it.

Is it just me or is online having some problems today? I won a game 8-3 and it never showed up in my stats and I just played a game hat disconnected in the 6th inning.

[quote name='lordwow']Makes sense, that's what I thought it was but I wanted to make sure. I read through the instruction manual but it was not very helpful. I haven't played a baseball game since MVP 05 so just trying to get back into it.[/QUOTE]

Yah I hit (X) to start... hit (X) at the top of the meter for power (way in the red at the top) and hit (X) when it gets in the white to the middle line.

this whole pitching thing explains why i throw wild pitches when i think i shouldnt i thought the red means max power...so it doesnt? the directions dont explain shit

Reading online a bit, red = fast/power but less control and higher energy usage. Yellow/Green = Slower but more controlled.

With your ace you're still going to throw in the low 90's in the yellow. I'd stay away from the red except on occasion, as it tends to make your accuracy a lot wilder unless you're really good.

And yeah, the manual isn't very helpful, but if you go to the main menu in the game you can find detailed instructions on how to do everything. It took me a while before I realized that stuff was there, but it helped a lot. I'm still not any good, but I'm just playing on rookie for a while until I get the hang of it. I'm at least to the point now where I'm enjoying it, which is a good point to get to for a game I just paid $56 for. :) The main thing I'm still struggling with is the timing of my swing and location of pitches.

Does anyone know how to add a picture to your online profile in this game? It says to go to mlb10theshow.com but i don't see anything there on how to do it.

Just played a bit of 2K10's My Player mode and you guys should be thankful for Road to the Show and all of the great presentation and extra things it does. It seems like it's trying to tell me what my story is rather than letting me make it myself (the narrator said I was apparently a top draft pick, despite only being able to pick the team I wanted to join, that was put in a game later that night at the bottom of the ninth with two outs left in order to get the win). The player creator is also pretty bad with even less hair/beard options, no customizable intro music, and your physical attributes don't affect the look of your player if you don't want it to.

to help batting try doin the practice mode you can do individual pitcches so you can kinda time the break for each one and play a few few rounds of home run derby

Haven't gotten the game yet but the above poster is right. Batting practice really helps. In 09, I was horrific for about half of spring training until I decided to take batting practice to improve and it does work. Team batting avg for that season was around .290. It's all about timing.

Thanks for the batting practice tips guys. I went and batted against just fastballs and was able to see my two issues which were likely from years of MVP. I kept aiming up even if the pitch was low, and my timing was always early. Just had to relax a bit and slow down my swing.

Wildpac, thanks for the tips yesterday. I have started to use Guess Pitch Fastball, and if I am wrong it is most likely off speed which gives me more time to react. Won my first franchise game 11-3. Im like 1-8 now. Thanks for the tips.

I will also check out batting practice

[quote name='smiggity']Wildpac, thanks for the tips yesterday. I have started to use Guess Pitch Fastball, and if I am wrong it is most likely off speed which gives me more time to react. Won my first franchise game 11-3. Im like 1-8 now. Thanks for the tips.

I will also check out batting practice[/QUOTE]

No problem, check out that operationsports link I put up a page or two back. Who did you score 11 runs off of, which level? I just put up 3 on Doc Halladay in 7 innings and felt somewhat accomplished.

Just got rocked by Lincecum in a game as I played as the Royals. Lincecum had 8 k's, 1 walk, 3 hits, 1 run. Ultra realistic.

this game is so awesome, I just notice that while pitching the catcher actually gives different signs and locations for the pitches.

bread's done
Back