Status
Not open for further replies.

craven_fiend

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (100%)
Alright, so its finally set;

Boston Red Sox vs Colorado Rockies

Both teams have defied the odds, Boston most recently. The Rockies are the hottest team in baseball and the hottest playoff team since the 1976 Reds. This should make for a very interesting series.

Boston in 6, returning to Fenway to seal the deal.

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']Rockies are going to kick some ass.

At least I hope so.[/quote]
I'll be happy, as long as its a good WS. I'd like to see the Red Sox win another one, just to say I've seen them win it all twice in my life. But if the Rockies were to win, assuming it wasn't a sweep, I'd be glad to see them do it.

No Yankees + No Cardinals + BoSox = Good WS

Redsox in 5...8 days off, and all teams on hot streak come to an end to much offense on the redsox side, and a deep enough staff to shut the rockies offense. yes the rockies are on a tear...but in the regular season 7 of those wins came against a really weak dodger team, 1 vs florida, 2 vs an already clinched time to get the lineup ready for the post season arz diamondback team. The only series they had a challange was vs the padre's.

Rockies over Red Sox in 7 was my original prediction at the beginning of the playoffs and I'm sticking to it. Either way, I like both teams. Here's looking forward to a solid series.

sox in 5 becuase Dmat is still shakey to me.. but Beckket and Schilling have are proven big game pitchers against big lineups.

dont forget. Manny being Manny somehow fires up the Sox. He made the not worried comments when down 3-1 and they won.

One day off killed the Indians' fire; I can't imagine what this week+ has done to Colorado.

Should be a good one though, at least I hope so. :)

Hoping: Sox in 5-6
Most likely: Colorado in 6-7

Should be a great series. Won't be depressed if Sox lose, as Colorado has certainly deserved the shot they are getting this year.

Yeah, if the Rockies don't sweep the Sox (which I highly doubt, but would be wild), I'd like a nice 7 game, close series that would be fun to watch. Should be good either way though.

Boston in 7.

But I was rooting for the Rockies the whole end of the season 2. The two best teams IMHO going at it, so it should be great.

I also think Boston will take it in 5. I think the 10 day lay off will hurt the Rockies more than do good for them. Also I just think overall the Redsox are a much better team from top to bottom. As long as they can decent starts from Schilling, Wake, and Dice K, there offense should carry them to another World Series win.

As much as I hate to admit it, until I'm proven otherwise, I still don't think the NL's best can beat the AL's best. The ALCS was like the Western Conference Finals in the NBA.

[quote name='Filbert']As much as I hate to admit it, until I'm proven otherwise, I still don't think the NL's best can beat the AL's best. The ALCS was like the Western Conference Finals in the NBA.[/quote]

That's funny I heard the same thing last year.

I sure hope Manny and Ortiz can run at high altitudes.

Actually, who am I kidding? Manny can't run at all. Rockies in 6.

I just don't see how the Rockies can win. I know how they have blown through the NL but the NL has been weak all year. They beat up on two mediocre teams Phiily and Arizona. They have had an amazing run winning 21 out of 22 but all great things must come to an end. The Redsox have better Pitching and hitting. Only thing I would give to the Rockies is they are a better fielding team. If this series even goes 7 that means Beckett will probably pitch 3 times. All the Redsox will really need is decent starts from there other pitchers and the Rockies do not have a chance. The Redsox just outscored one of the better pitching teams in the league 30-5 in the last 3 games.

[quote name='vrs1650']That's funny I heard the same thing last year.[/QUOTE]
Sometimes the better team does not win. But that usually does happen 2 years in a row.

the rockies did win two of three against the sox this season at fenway, including jeff francis getting the win over josh beckett. As long as the games are exciting I'll be happy.

[quote name='st0neface']the rockies did win two of three against the sox this season at fenway, including jeff francis getting the win over josh beckett. As long as the games are exciting I'll be happy.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but when it comes to the playoffs it is a whole new ball game. The Yankees won all 6 games vs Cleveland in the regular season. And look what happened in the playoffs.

[quote name='DomLando']Sometimes the better team does not win. But that usually does happen 2 years in a row.[/quote]Sure it does... the Red Sox won the ALCS after all, didn't they? :razz:

as for last year the NL winning, you have to remeber that detroit had about 8 days off last year. They did not play the same after that rest in the WS as they did the rest of the playoffs. IMO the sox are a better team by a tad, but the layoff is going to kill colorado, and by the time they wake up from it they will be in a big hole.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Rockies in four.

You heard me.[/quote]

If the Rockies win in 4, I'll be very surprised. Especially given that they would have to beat Beckett twice, as he'd pitch game 4 if they are down 0-3.

Also, Wakefield, if he's knuckleball sucks, is going to get rocked in Coors, if he indeed starts game 4.

[quote name='craven_fiend']If the Rockies win in 4, I'll be very surprised. Especially given that they would have to beat Beckett twice, as he'd pitch game 4 if they are down 0-3.

Also, Wakefield, if he's knuckleball sucks, is going to get rocked in Coors, if he indeed starts game 4.[/QUOTE]
I actually don't think it'll happen, but I'll take Rockies in any number.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I actually don't think it'll happen, but I'll take Rockies in any number.[/quote]

I figured you would, well you'd take anyone that wasn't Boston, right?

I think it will be a good series. I don't really see any team sweeping, though momentum is on the Red Sox side after their come from behind series win with Cleveland.

On a side note, I was getting tired of hearing Cleveland Rocks last night. Not really sure how many times it was, but at no point in the game, did Cleveland Rocks need to be played going into a commercial.

The two best teams in baseball already played in the ALCS.

I believe the Rockies have disabled online ticket sales temporarily. They couldn't handle the volume of sales from Sox fans.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']wouldnt that rocky mountain air have some odd effects on wakefields knuckleball anyway? either negative or positive...[/quote]

Do the Rockies play in a dome? I think they need to worry more about the snow.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']wouldnt that rocky mountain air have some odd effects on wakefields knuckleball anyway? either negative or positive...[/quote]

He needs to be on his game in game 4. If he misses his spots, he's not going to have a lot of room for error. A bad knuckle ball in Colorado will be out of the park fairly quick.

[quote name='vrs1650']That's funny I heard the same thing last year.[/quote]

Yeah and the Heat beat the Mavericks NBA finals before last too. I guess instead of being proved otherwise it will be proved that nobody really knows anything until the games are played.

[quote name='DomLando']I just don't see how the Rockies can win. I know how they have blown through the NL but the NL has been weak all year..[/QUOTE]

They also blew through Boston this year including Beckett and Shilling...in Boston. (it makes a difference in interleague play -unlike your Indians-yankees example) They aren't intimidated nor should they be.

fuck Boston fans for trying to get our tickets, btw.

Rockies in 5-6. The ALCS was the red sox world series.

[quote name='Filbert']Yeah and the Heat beat the Mavericks NBA finals before last too. I guess instead of being proved otherwise it will be proved that nobody really knows anything until the games are played.[/QUOTE]

The Heat did not beat the Mavericks, the refs did. Look at the ref situation in the NBA now.

Edit : Red Sox in 5, if the Rockies lead I hope they don't get cocky like the Indians and blow it.

[quote name='gokou36']...I hope they don't get cocky like the Indians and blow it.[/quote]

Again, where is this idea that the Indians assumed victory coming from. I heard none of it until the series was over.

[quote name='usickenme']They also blew through Boston this year including Beckett and Shilling...in Boston. (it makes a difference in interleague play -unlike your Indians-yankees example) They aren't intimidated nor should they be.

fuck Boston fans for trying to get our tickets, btw.

Rockies in 5-6. The ALCS was the red sox world series.[/QUOTE]
Why does it make a difference in interleague play? And if you saw the game Beckett pitched the Rockies caught him on an off night. That is not to say he will not be off game one. But if he is on his game I guarantee the Rockies won't "blow through him."

[quote name='Filbert']Again, where is this idea that the Indians assumed victory coming from. I heard none of it until the series was over.[/QUOTE]
When they were up 3-1 a couple of players made a few comments they should not have made. I think Garko was one of them. This is where the idea of the Indians assuming victory came from.

But during the game the announcers said that he was missquoted and that all he really said was that the champagne tastes just as sweet on the road or something like that.

To me that just sounds like the forget about the past and focus on todays game mentality the Indians had all year.

One problem with the new generation of Red Sox fans are that they are turning into Yankee fans. As in they didn't give a shit about baseball and aren't from New England or Boston but because the Red Sox are now doing well they jump on the "Red Sox Nation" bullshit.

[quote name='Filbert']But during the game the announcers said that he was missquoted and that all he really said was that the champagne tastes just as sweet on the road or something like that.

To me that just sounds like the forget about the past and focus on todays game mentality the Indians had all year.[/QUOTE]
I didn't hear of him being misquoted. But if he was I think that was all there really was to them saying that the Indians thought they already had won.

[quote name='bigdaddy']One problem with the new generation of Red Sox fans are that they are turning into Yankee fans. As in they didn't give a shit about baseball and aren't from New England or Boston but because the Red Sox are now doing well they jump on the "Red Sox Nation" bullshit.[/quote]

So you are saying that a person outside of the New England states, can't be a Red Sox fan? And that we just jumped on the "Red Sox Nation" bandwagon? If you believe that, you're very mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back