MLB 2007 World Series and Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a name you need to be familiar with for September callups: Jordan Shaefer. This kid is going to make Atlanta forget about Andruw Jones.

The Yanks are just pissed off at the Rays because they realize that they could lose to the Rays for the first time in years.

Go anyone besides the Yankees!

[quote name='Chitown021']Oh good lord no! The Cubs are hoping to play part of their season on the SOUTH SIDE while they renovate Wrigley Field! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I don't want anything to do with "THE CELL" and those dirty south siders![/QUOTE]

source? evaluate on this more please. i haven't heard this

isn't zitto trying to change/alter his delivery to the plate?

Colon looked good in 2 ip yesterday...1k 2 hits, 1 run...hit as high at 94mph on the gun..fastballs were usually in the 92 - 93 range...slider at 88 or so and changeup at 81mph...left a lot of pitches up in the zone..got out of a bases loaded jam in the first..after a hit, walk and an error..

[quote name='ryanbph']isn't zitto trying to change/alter his delivery to the plate?

Colon looked good in 2 ip yesterday...1k 2 hits, 1 run...hit as high at 94mph on the gun..fastballs were usually in the 92 - 93 range...slider at 88 or so and changeup at 81mph...left a lot of pitches up in the zone..got out of a bases loaded jam in the first..after a hit, walk and an error..[/quote]

He tried, doesn't mean he succeeded. It's crazy, because Dave Righetti is one of the better pitching coaches in the league. Righetti has made studs out of Cain, Lincecum and also improved Lowry alot.

The money he got (Zito) doesn't kill me, it's the fact that their trying to make him their #1 when he should be 4th behind Cain, Lincecum, Lowry.

[quote name='ph33r m3']He tried, doesn't mean he succeeded. It's crazy, because Dave Righetti is one of the better pitching coaches in the league. Righetti has made studs out of Cain, Lincecum and also improved Lowry alot.
quote]

weren't they studs before righetti got to working on them... I would think you should credit there farm system/player development, the GM for drafting them and the scouts that left the positive view of the players on the GM's desk way before you give righetti any credit

[quote name='ryanbph'][quote name='ph33r m3']He tried, doesn't mean he succeeded. It's crazy, because Dave Righetti is one of the better pitching coaches in the league. Righetti has made studs out of Cain, Lincecum and also improved Lowry alot.
quote]

weren't they studs before righetti got to working on them... I would think you should credit there farm system/player development, the GM for drafting them and the scouts that left the positive view of the players on the GM's desk way before you give righetti any credit[/quote]

Lincecum was more of a 'born-to-be' stud, but Cain improved vastly once Righetti got his hands on him.

Brian Sabean is a horrible GM, our farm system blows.

[quote name='ryanbph']well you have 3 young pitchers :)[/quote]

Yeah, i'm very happy with our rotation. Add to that core 3, we have Correia, Sanchez, Mitsch, Hennessey look to be very reliable pitchers.

The offense on the other hand? We have a buncha young OF's and only 2 young INF's (Babock and Fransden) who look like they can actually hit a baseball.

[quote name='DomLando']You mean the Cubs.[/quote]

If I meant the Cubs I would have said "Cubs".

White Sox suck.

Go Cubs! I'm still hoping for a Cubs - Red Sox World Series.

[quote name='bigdaddy']If I meant the Cubs I would have said "Cubs".

White Sox suck.

Go Cubs! I'm still hoping for a Cubs - Red Sox World Series.[/quote]

[quote name='bigdaddy']http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/840100,CST-SPT-soxnt13.article

The White Sox seem like assholes. Are the the Yankees of the NL?[/quote]

Well the NL part is probably what you were being questioned on, given the fact that the White Sox are an AL team.

Didn't want to make a new topic for this, so I figured I'd post it here.

Anybody interested in a fantasy baseball league that drafts tomorrow night? We need at least 1 more person, possibly 3 if some people I know don't join. If you're interested, PM me. It's at yahoo.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Yeah, i'm very happy with our rotation. Add to that core 3, we have Correia, Sanchez, Mitsch, Hennessey look to be very reliable pitchers.

The offense on the other hand? We have a buncha young OF's and only 2 young INF's (Babock and Fransden) who look like they can actually hit a baseball.[/quote]

I'd rather they trade one of those guys (except for Cain and Lincecum, they're basically untouchable) for some good hitters. Our offense is gonna be a joke this year.

[quote name='TheRock88']I'd rather they trade one of those guys (except for Cain and Lincecum, they're basically untouchable) for some good hitters. Our offense is gonna be a joke this year.[/quote]

Oh yeah, Cain + Lincecum = Cy Youngs for the next 10 years.

They tried to deal Lowry but weren't getting 'fair value'. So i'm fine with that. I'm not fine with signing Aaron fuckin' Rowand. They should've let Rajai Davis play center, Fred Lewis in Left, Randy Winn in right.

The slogan for the team is 'All out All Season'. Damn right, they'll get outs galore with the powerful lineup of:

Rowand
Winn
Molina

rowand is nowhere near as bad a player as you make him out to be...he can't be the "guy" but he is a great accessory to have in the lineup...decent power, speed, batting avg...all around great attitude and hustle...it isn't like you got a clubhouse cancer with him

[quote name='ph33r m3']Oh yeah, Cain + Lincecum = Cy Youngs for the next 10 years.

They tried to deal Lowry but weren't getting 'fair value'. So i'm fine with that. I'm not fine with signing Aaron fuckin' Rowand. They should've let Rajai Davis play center, Fred Lewis in Left, Randy Winn in right.

The slogan for the team is 'All out All Season'. Damn right, they'll get outs galore with the powerful lineup of:

Rowand
Winn
Molina[/quote]

i would take Rowand anyday. The guy is all-around good. he is gonna bring alot of good to that young lineup. i would take a .294 20-30 homer guy anyday....plus great defense...the phillies were stupid to let him go.

so here is an article my friend showed me about MLB.com's top rated defense so far
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp...d=2425766&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

ranking from top to bottom

mets
blue jays
diamondbacks
rockies
royals.

so what are your guys take.

Yeah Royals have good defense but that doesn't help their pitching or batting. Honestly the Royals and Rays will be good teams in the long run if they could someone get their pitching together. As the Rays have Scott Kazmeir (spelling) who is pure ownage.

Well hopefully the Met's defense doesn't collapse on them like last year. That was worst then the Red Sox collapsing in the world series with Buckner.

[quote name='ryanbph']rowand is nowhere near as bad a player as you make him out to be...he can't be the "guy" but he is a great accessory to have in the lineup...decent power, speed, batting avg...all around great attitude and hustle...it isn't like you got a clubhouse cancer with him[/quote]

QFT, though he is overpaid. Hs power numbers will take quite a hit going to a pitchers park from an extreme hitters park plus his all out style might cost him quite of few games due to injury. Look on the bright side at least he isn't "Zito overpaid".

[quote name='integralsmatic']i would take Rowand anyday. The guy is all-around good. he is gonna bring alot of good to that young lineup. i would take a .294 20-30 homer guy anyday....plus great defense...the phillies were stupid to let him go.

so here is an article my friend showed me about MLB.com's top rated defense so far
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp...d=2425766&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

ranking from top to bottom

mets
blue jays
diamondbacks
rockies
royals.

so what are your guys take.[/QUOTE]

Mets at number 1?? That's very questionable. Wright makes a good amount of mistakes at third especially throwing errors. Who will play LF and if it was Alou he is decent but cannot cover grond like he used too. Delgado is another player or is decent at his position. I would put Arizona or Colorado above the Mets.

yeah the mets sorta suprised me...they do have several far above avg fielders...but then they have a bunch of mid to late 30 year old guys that weren't the best fielders to begin with and age is catching up with them quickly

[quote name='klwillis45']QFT, though he is overpaid. Hs power numbers will take quite a hit going to a pitchers park from an extreme hitters park plus his all out style might cost him quite of few games due to injury. Look on the bright side at least he isn't "Zito overpaid".[/quote]

I would like to pat myself on the back for saying whoever gave Zito 6-7 years would rue the day. Imagine if he would have signed with Texas as some originally thought :lol:. Barry Zito was a $3M a year pitcher 2 years before he reached free agency. His peripherals dropped for like a rock after his first few very successful years.

[quote name='paddlefoot']I would like to pat myself on the back for saying whoever gave Zito 6-7 years would rue the day. Imagine if he would have signed with Texas as some originally thought :lol:. Barry Zito was a $3M a year pitcher 2 years before he reached free agency. His peripherals dropped for like a rock after his first few very successful years.[/quote]

Everyone knew that Zito was overpaid, and it wouldn't work, so I wouldn't pat yourself on the back.

I don't mind spending money in baseball, due to no cap you can spend enough to keep you competitive. What kills me over the Zito signing is, after the 03' season Vlad Guerrero became a Free Agent.

He CAME TO fuckIN SAN FRANCISCO, HE WANTED TO PLAY HERE, BUT BRIAN SABEAN SAID "WE DON'T WANT TO SPEND THE MONEY". I'll never let that idiot live it down.

[quote name='klwillis45']^^ Really? Yeah, I can see how Vlad wouldn't have helped in right. :roll:[/quote]

Yeah, Sabean said they didn't want to pay that much money to Vlad, because of his questionable back.

People don't understand how much the Giants fans hate Sabean, everyone knew during our 'glory days' from 97-04 we were screwing over Bonds. After we let an MVP PLAYER Kent go, we didn't get Bonds any help. So, we went the 'Michael Tucker, Jose Cruz Jr.' route.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Yeah, Sabean said they didn't want to pay that much money to Vlad, because of his questionable back.

People don't understand how much the Giants fans hate Sabean, everyone knew during our 'glory days' from 97-04 we were screwing over Bonds. After we let an MVP PLAYER Kent go, we didn't get Bonds any help. So, we went the 'Michael Tucker, Jose Cruz Jr.' route.[/quote]

Joe Nathan, Francisco Liriano, and Boof Bonser for AJ Pierzynski. Nuff said'

[quote name='TheRock88']Joe Nathan, Francisco Liriano, and Boof Bonser for AJ Pierzynski. Nuff said'[/quote]

The-trade-that-must-not-be-named. Actually, that one I don't blame Sabean for.

Nathan was doin' horrible, he kept getting switched from bullpen to starting rotation, Liriano was an injured talent in Triple A, Boof Bonser was the really only 'bad' loss.

I love the new management of the Yankee's....he is going to make for a very exciting season...I would love to see the yanks start off slow again, to see him errupt...here is hank steinbrenners comments about the rays/yanks incidents

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23648892/

you should read the article as he goes on and on in it, but here is a nice little quote from him

don't want these teams in general to forget who subsidizes a lot of them, and it's the Yankees, the Red Sox, Dodgers, Mets," he said to The New York Post. "I would prefer if teams want to target the Yankees that they at least start giving some of that revenue sharing and luxury tax money back. From an owner's point of view, that's my point."

[quote name='ryanbph']I love the new management of the Yankee's....he is going to make for a very exciting season...I would love to see the yanks start off slow again, to see him errupt...here is hank steinbrenners comments about the rays/yanks incidents

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23648892/

you should read the article as he goes on and on in it, but here is a nice little quote from him

don't want these teams in general to forget who subsidizes a lot of them, and it's the Yankees, the Red Sox, Dodgers, Mets," he said to The New York Post. "I would prefer if teams want to target the Yankees that they at least start giving some of that revenue sharing and luxury tax money back. From an owner's point of view, that's my point."[/quote]

Well with the way Wang is pitching in ST, you will be sure they will off to a slow start.

Man, even though i ts ST, Nelson Figueroa pitched a hell of a game against the Houston Starters even though thats not saying much..but im liking more every time i see him.

The Yanks will probably do the same as usual, start off slow, everyone says "What the fuck is wrong with em'?" They come back, win a hot streak, everyone picks them to make a run to the WS, they lose to a deep pitching staff ie; Cleveland/Detroit. Wash,Rinse,Repeat.

[quote name='ph33r m3']The Yanks will probably do the same as usual, start off slow, everyone says "What the fuck is wrong with em'?" They come back, win a hot streak, everyone picks them to make a run to the WS, they lose to a deep pitching staff ie; Cleveland/Detroit. Wash,Rinse,Repeat.[/quote]

this year is different...hank steinbrenner is out of his fucking mind....he will do some stupid ass shit...fire/trade anything goes type of guy....I can't wait:lol::applause:

[quote name='ryanbph']this year is different...hank steinbrenner is out of his fucking mind....he will do some stupid ass shit...fire/trade anything goes type of guy....I can't wait:lol::applause:[/quote]

I actually like Hank. I don't think he'll make the deicisions George made in his later days by signing Randy Johnson to a ridiculous amount of cash.

But, I agree he'll do some crazy trade at the deadline for some pitcher.

Read this in the paper today, utter bullshit, and i'm not even an A's fan.

"Boston requested that one of the games back in Oakland be moved to a day game so Boston will have enough time to get back and adjust to the east coast time. Bud Selig obliged without consulting the A's."

Crazy.

[quote name='ph33r m3']I actually like Hank. I don't think he'll make the deicisions George made in his later days by signing Randy Johnson to a ridiculous amount of cash.

But, I agree he'll do some crazy trade at the deadline for some pitcher.

Read this in the paper today, utter bullshit, and i'm not even an A's fan.

"Boston requested that one of the games back in Oakland be moved to a day game so Boston will have enough time to get back and adjust to the east coast time. Bud Selig obliged without consulting the A's."

Crazy.[/QUOTE]
And Oakland requested that they'd get an additional series against the Sox in Oakland, which MLB agreed to. What is the problem here?

One day game is a small price to pay for an additional 3 sellouts in Oakland vs the Sox. A day game they'll likely sell out anyway.

there recently has been some speculation that in dice k's contract it said the sox needed to play some regular season games in oakland...allegedly they did this to force the stars to come, although there is also a lot of speculation that beckett didn't want to fly 17 hours to go to japan and stretched the injury out longer then it should have....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back