MLB 2010 Discussion Thread

Finally a good game tonight but Pelfry walked way too many batters. He got away. Thank god the mets faced sucky pitching tonight. and FINALLY we have a catcher who can hit bombs. I know its against the lowly nats but please Mets offense....dont go to bed again.

[quote name='slickkill77']The umpiring in the Rays O's series was a joke. They really need to do something about it because I'm sick of watching these jokers sit out there with their thumbs up their asses getting calls wrong and not changing them because of their bullshit pride.[/QUOTE]

It has little to do with "bullshit pride." If an umpire is prideful, he's in the wrong business, because you get called out on almost every night on ESPN, MLB Network, etc. You get booed for your slightest mistake, but you also get almost zero recognition when you do your job right. Do you think Don Denkinger is "proud" that everyone blames the Cards losing the '85 Series on him? Do you think it filled him with "pride" as the bench tore into him throughout Game 7?

The reality is, as an umpire, you call what you see. If you make a call, you almost certainly made it because that's what you saw, right or wrong. Thus, you're not gong to change your call, especially once someone argues, because then it simply makes it look like you're changing it over the argument. Plus, the argument itself can fill your head with doubt. "Boy, did I get the call right?"

If the whole crew comes together and can fix a call that was obviously blown, like when A-Rod knocked the ball out of Arroyo's glove, that's one thing, but certain calls simply cannot be overturned or "fixed." And that's because no other umpire on the field has the angle. We all tend to think calls are really easy to make, because we're sitting at home and watching a zillion replays from all different angles and zooms and speeds. It doesn't work that way on the field.

[quote name='integralsmatic']Finally a good game tonight but Pelfry walked way too many batters. He got away. Thank god the mets faced sucky pitching tonight. and FINALLY we have a catcher who can hit bombs. I know its against the lowly nats but please Mets offense....dont go to bed again.[/QUOTE]

Sweep would be nice.

I'm also real excited that Reyes is FINALLY back. I really hope he can stay healthy, he changes the dynamic of the Mets so much and I cannot stand having Cora in there (though he did make 2 nice defensive plays last night).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dafoomie']Pretty sure he did. Umpires don't like it because their job performance is evaluated partly based on how short their games are. But lots of other crews work Red Sox-Yankees games.

Anyway, somebody reported that MLB told West to keep his mouth shut.[/QUOTE]

Yesterday afternoon they were talking about it while I was listening to the local afternoon sports talk program when I was driving home from work. Someone asked if Joe West would get in trouble by MLB and the host of the show said no way, their union is too powerful.

Sounded like Papelbon basically told him if he didn't like it then he needed to not umpire anymore and to STFU.

That's anus-mouth for you. Anyway, I didn't like some of the Yankee responses, either. Girardi and Rivera both essentially said things all the lines of, "Well, we're not going to swing at balls," which is not the issue in the least bit. We all know that. It's the calling time on every pitch and visiting the mound all day.

I understand West's frustration, which I'm sure is shared by many umpires. He was just the one who finally vocalized it. They have been tasked with speeding up these games, but it's nearly impossible for them to do so without the cooperation of the players. It isn't like other sports where you can call a technical foul or delay of game penalty or personal foul penalty if a team is not following along. In baseball, the only recourse an umpire has is throwing someone out of a game, and they certainly aren't going to do that over people stepping out of the box.

I only slept for an hour, but in that time, I had a dream about Scott Linebrink. He had a Twitter in which he referred to himself in 3rd person. He'd alternate between talking about doing really badass things like rescuing people from flaming bears and shit, and other stuff such as helping kids bake cookies for their grandparents.

[quote name='DomLando']Sweep would be nice.

I'm also real excited that Reyes is FINALLY back. I really hope he can stay healthy, he changes the dynamic of the Mets so much and I cannot stand having Cora in there (though he did make 2 nice defensive plays last night).[/QUOTE]

sweep with Ollie,Pelf, and Santana. Would be great...also now since we face Livan tomorrow.

Seeing Jose back at Short makes me happy and forget about the Marlins series. Reyes is going to be a triple machine at home. I cant wait to see him play again. It felt like its been so long!

Cora is not bad.....off the bench to give Reyes a break sure but full time starter....no

EDIT: and in the 4th inning, Its over for the good oliver perez. Welcome back Dr.Jeykl/Mr Hyde. Looks like the sweep is in doubt. but its early. hopefully he can buckle down and get his head straight.

EDIT 2: Sick play double play by Wright. Thank GOD!

Edit 3: is it wrong that i want to punch Willie Harris in the face right now?!

[quote name='wildcpac']Fudge. The worst hitter on the Rays broke it up. Congrats CC on 7 and 2/3.[/QUOTE]

Now that CC isn't being protected by the universe anymore, hopefully Zobrist can get veryexcite and hit a solo shot for my fantasy team :D

I caught the last 4 innings of the Dodgers game after I got home from Staples Center, and they looked good in coming from behind to defeat the Marlins 6-4. Now, time to watch the White Sox/Twins game I recorded while I was at Staples Center.

[quote name='Matt Young']I caught the last 4 innings of the Dodgers game after I got home from Staples Center, and they looked good in coming from behind to defeat the Marlins 6-4. Now, time to watch the White Sox/Twins game I recorded while I was at Staples Center.[/QUOTE]

Clippers or Lakers?

Kings. But the Clippers played later on in the night.

That White Sox/Twins game was a quick one. The Sox suffered their 4th straight close, late inning loss. These ones hurt.

[quote name='integralsmatic']sweep with Ollie,Pelf, and Santana. Would be great...also now since we face Livan tomorrow.

Seeing Jose back at Short makes me happy and forget about the Marlins series. Reyes is going to be a triple machine at home. I cant wait to see him play again. It felt like its been so long!

Cora is not bad.....off the bench to give Reyes a break sure but full time starter....no

EDIT: and in the 4th inning, Its over for the good oliver perez. Welcome back Dr.Jeykl/Mr Hyde. Looks like the sweep is in doubt. but its early. hopefully he can buckle down and get his head straight.

EDIT 2: Sick play double play by Wright. Thank GOD!

Edit 3: is it wrong that i want to punch Willie Harris in the face right now?![/QUOTE]

I pretty much knew a sweep would not happened unless we scored 6 or more today. It was just great seeing Jose back out there. The main thing is he stay healthy.

The Mets better win today with Santana on the mound. They have a rough stretch coming up and dropping a series to the Nationals is unacceptable.

Exciting come-from-behind victory for the Phightins over the Astros today. Interesting note: I was coming back from NYC to Jersey yesterday and tried to take the 5:53 to Trenton. Turns out I was heading back during the mad dash to the Mets/Nats and Islanders/Devils games. Missed the train due to a sea of orange and blue :(. Luckily the 6:14 boarded early and had plenty of room :).

Nice job Cubs. Bases loaded with nobody out in the first and we couldn't plate a single frickin' run!

Interesting stat from yesterday's game, it was the first win since 1924 in a game where they left zero on base (all four runs scored on solo shots).

Wfan is going to be a joy to listen to tomorrow. Josh Willingham just hit a grand slam off of Santana in the first inning.

Josh Willingham is just beating up on Santana now. 5 RBI's so far in the first 3 innings for Josh. Citifield looks pretty empty which is a shame on a beautiful day and the first home weekend.

[quote name='Chitown021']Gotta love Alfonso Soriano with that deadly combination of poor defense and strikeouts at the plate...:bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yankees got the most out of Alfonso than any other team. A couple of MVP caliber seasons where he almost put up back to back 40/40 seasons. Then gets traded straight up for Arod and the Yankees have Cano up in 2005 after trading Soriano in 04.

Indians crappy bullpen blew a 7-1 lead in the 6th and an 8-3 lead following the 7th. Detroit tied the game on a walk and won on a wild pitch.

[quote name='wildcpac']Josh Willingham is just beating up on Santana now. 5 RBI's so far in the first 3 innings for Josh. Citifield looks pretty empty which is a shame on a beautiful day and the first home weekend.[/QUOTE]

deservedly so. wouldn't you leave after seeing your ace get beat up by one of the worst teams in baseball and then watching livan who throws a low 80fast ball shut you out for 7 innings. this team sucks and we are only 6 games. in to the season. they deserve last place with the way thy are playing.

[quote name='integralsmatic']deservedly so. wouldn't you leave after seeing your ace get beat up by one of the worst teams in baseball and then watching livan who throws a low 80fast ball shut you out for 7 innings. this team sucks and we are only 6 games. in to the season. they deserve last place with the way thy are playing.[/QUOTE]

I was talking about how empty the stadium was during the first inning. I am not going to bash the Mets for not going after Lackey or Holliday. Mets should break the bank for a 5 star player and not a 4 star one. It's just the fact that the Mets didn't go out and do anything big other than Bay. The public perception amongst the fans is to just bash the team. It's really killing them so far in attendance. A 1 year old ball park should be filled to capacity. Especially in NY, on the weekend, on a perfect day, with the best pitcher starting and the first week/weekend of the season.

[quote name='integralsmatic']deservedly so. wouldn't you leave after seeing your ace get beat up by one of the worst teams in baseball and then watching livan who throws a low 80fast ball shut you out for 7 innings. this team sucks and we are only 6 games. in to the season. they deserve last place with the way thy are playing.[/QUOTE]

Did you really think anything different would happen? Once again this team struggles to hit with runners in scoring position. They just cannot come up with that big hit. For once can we get a 2 out RBI?!?!? It is so frustrating watching this team.

And why is Jacobs still in the line up? I rather Ike Davis be there and get the at bats. Oh yay Jacobs hit a HR today. So he is 2 for 15 with a HR to start the season. Manuel is an idiot. He wants it to be lefty, righty, lefty, righty, etc. in the lineup so he bats Jacob 5th?!? Move him down to 7. I rather have Francouer and Pagan before him. Swithing lefties and righties is a plus, but if a guy is not producing then it makes no sense to do so. And please get Gary Matthews out of the line up. Not only is he a horrible CF, he cannot hit for anything. Manuel and Minaya need to get fired. I really hope this team struggles this season so we can get some people here that know BASEBALL.

The thing from today that really has me concerned is Santana. His fastball for the most part was in the high 80's and that's just not good enough for him. It is way to close to the speed of his change up. He looked like the Santana we saw in Spring Training and that's not good at all.

Damn Braves / Giants game not getting canceled. I would've liked my chances up 26 with Fielder and Holliday vs his Carpenter, but now I have to worry about Linecum. You wait 4 hours, you couldn't have canceled before then?

[quote name='DomLando'] Manuel and Minaya need to get fired. I really hope this team struggles this season so we can get some people here that know BASEBALL.[/QUOTE]

OMG i said the almost exact thing im tired of seeing them go out and lose we have Livan who pitched a CG shutout vs the Nats last year come back and blast us for 7 innings smh :nottalking: and on top of Mike "still-to-be-seen" Jacobs still playing id much rather have tatis play until murphy comes back but seriously i am not disappointed in the team as a whole seeing how we dont have beltran nor murphy back yet but still our 2-5 starters could be better with the exception of Niese i like his stuff *NO HOMO* and our bullpen but i heard Bobby V say on Baseball Tonight that if the Mets dont get off to a good start we could be seeing Manuel/Minaya out thatd be a relief :D

[quote name='DomLando']Did you really think anything different would happen? Once again this team struggles to hit with runners in scoring position. They just cannot come up with that big hit. For once can we get a 2 out RBI?!?!? It is so frustrating watching this team.

And why is Jacobs still in the line up? I rather Ike Davis be there and get the at bats. Oh yay Jacobs hit a HR today. So he is 2 for 15 with a HR to start the season. Manuel is an idiot. He wants it to be lefty, righty, lefty, righty, etc. in the lineup so he bats Jacob 5th?!? Move him down to 7. I rather have Francouer and Pagan before him. Swithing lefties and righties is a plus, but if a guy is not producing then it makes no sense to do so. And please get Gary Matthews out of the line up. Not only is he a horrible CF, he cannot hit for anything. Manuel and Minaya need to get fired. I really hope this team struggles this season so we can get some people here that know BASEBALL.

The thing from today that really has me concerned is Santana. His fastball for the most part was in the high 80's and that's just not good enough for him. It is way to close to the speed of his change up. He looked like the Santana we saw in Spring Training and that's not good at all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah RISP is the death of the Mets. We are hitting .209 with RISP and went 1 for 9 today. We just get consistently outplayed no matter who it is. It was like this from last year and its continuing this year. The front office is clearly not putting a competitive team on the field that the fans can have confidence in. This series loss almost confirms that there will be low attendence for the rest of the month. I can't the see the mets taking one series for the rest of this month. maybe against the cubs becuase they are just as bad as we are but against Col,STL,ATL,LAD,and PHI........they all will probably 2 or sweep us....all because the Mets can't score runs when they need to. if RISP was good..we would be good..but thats our killer. We can make up for bad pitching if we can hit with RISP.....Its a concern that i dont think Manual is concerned about..because every game is the same story with RISP. This is why he needs to be Fired..and i hope it happens by May. I'm done with this guy. When he said his players weren't ready mentally...........WTF are you doing! thats your job buddy. You need to get them ready mentally and physically....thats why your a manager. No wonder why the White Sox and indians suffered so much.

I am concerned with Santana too. his velocity was in the mid 80s. Not good for a guy who can chuck 90+mph fast balls and high speed change ups. He looked like a shell of his former self...but after that first grand slam..he was ok after 5...so its a concern but can't worry too much about 1 bad start.

I would bring up Davis later. Jacob's defense is stellar and i still feel like we can develop him further.

The only thing that has been good this season is the Bullpen...and I am happy they are giving Raul Valdes a shot. i have a good feeling that this kid will be great.

[quote name='nycmetsfan']OMG i said the almost exact thing im tired of seeing them go out and lose we have Livan who pitched a CG shutout vs the Nats last year come back and blast us for 7 innings smh :nottalking: and on top of Mike "still-to-be-seen" Jacobs still playing id much rather have tatis play until murphy comes back but seriously i am not disappointed in the team as a whole seeing how we dont have beltran nor murphy back yet but still our 2-5 starters could be better with the exception of Niese i like his stuff *NO HOMO* and our bullpen but i heard Bobby V say on Baseball Tonight that if the Mets dont get off to a good start we could be seeing Manuel/Minaya out thatd be a relief :D[/QUOTE]

its not even that....we should be able to beat the marlins and the Nats without Beltran and Murph. All we had to do was score with RISP. ITs something that the Mets failed to do last year and now this year. if they dip below .200 with RISP...someone needs to get canned soon. That is just unacceptable.

Again, I dont mind Jacobs..but i agree with DOm...slot him further down the order. him hitting clean up made no sense to me besides the batting style order.

When does Trevor Hoffman get dfa'ed and retire? I want Rivera to have the all time saves record which he deserves. So great to see Hoffman blow a 3 run lead in the 9th today.

[quote name='integralsmatic']Yeah RISP is the death of the Mets. We are hitting .209 with RISP and went 1 for 9 today. We just get consistently outplayed no matter who it is. It was like this from last year and its continuing this year. The front office is clearly not putting a competitive team on the field that the fans can have confidence in. This series loss almost confirms that there will be low attendence for the rest of the month. I can't the see the mets taking one series for the rest of this month. maybe against the cubs becuase they are just as bad as we are but against Col,STL,ATL,LAD,and PHI........they all will probably 2 or sweep us....all because the Mets can't score runs when they need to. if RISP was good..we would be good..but thats our killer. We can make up for bad pitching if we can hit with RISP.....Its a concern that i dont think Manual is concerned about..because every game is the same story with RISP. This is why he needs to be Fired..and i hope it happens by May. I'm done with this guy. When he said his players weren't ready mentally...........WTF are you doing! thats your job buddy. You need to get them ready mentally and physically....thats why your a manager. No wonder why the White Sox and indians suffered so much.

I am concerned with Santana too. his velocity was in the mid 80s. Not good for a guy who can chuck 90+mph fast balls and high speed change ups. He looked like a shell of his former self...but after that first grand slam..he was ok after 5...so its a concern but can't worry too much about 1 bad start.

I would bring up Davis later. Jacob's defense is stellar and i still feel like we can develop him further.

The only thing that has been good this season is the Bullpen...and I am happy they are giving Raul Valdes a shot. i have a good feeling that this kid will be great.

its not even that....we should be able to beat the marlins and the Nats without Beltran and Murph. All we had to do was score with RISP. ITs something that the Mets failed to do last year and now this year. if they dip below .200 with RISP...someone needs to get canned soon. That is just unacceptable.

Again, I dont mind Jacobs..but i agree with DOm...slot him further down the order. him hitting clean up made no sense to me besides the batting style order.[/QUOTE]

I know it is better to try and develop Davis but I much rather have him in to see what he can do. Bring up some young guys and let them play. Jacobs/Tatis are not the answers at first base, nor do I consider Murphy. This season we are obviously not going to make the playoffs so lets start to build a core around Wright/Reyes/Santana. Let's use guys like Martinez, Davis, Carter, Thole. But no, we keep picking up these veteran guys that are around for a year or two. We are no where near a contender. Those Veterans are pieces you add to an already built contender.

Jacobs defense may be good, but he is a TERRIBLE hitter. He strikes out WAY to much. He isn't even one of those guys you can say "OK I can deal with is .240 avg. because he will hit 30-40 HRs." He won't even hit more than .220 and in Citi Field I would be amazed if he hit 20 HRs. Don't even get me started on Tatis.

I just get so frustrated with this team. I know it has only been six games but the same things that have been happening the past few year continue to happen. The team can't find a manger that will motivate the players. the GM keeps giving big contracts to guys who under perform. The Wilpons need to hire BASEBALL guys or just sell the damn team already. We have the highest payroll in the NL and we are one of the 5 worst teams. That is disgusting.

I watched both the White Sox and Dodgers games late (just finished the Dodgers game an hour ago) on the DVR since I had other stuff going on earlier.

Buehrle didn't look as good as he did on opening day, giving up 4 runs. But the 4-4 tie was broken up in the bottom of the 8th when Andruw Jones pinch hit for Mark Kotsay and drove in the game winning run with a single. Bobby Jenks closed it out for his first save of the year.

This was the first time I had seen Charlie Haeger, starting his first full season for the Dodgers. He walked too many batters, but he looked fairly impressive, striking out 12 batters in 6 innings of work. But the team just couldn't get it done, blowing a lead and losing the game.

I can't watch the White Sox play the Blue Jays tomorrow since Extra Innings' free trial is done. Sadly, I don't know how many Sox games I'll get to watch this year. :( I really wish I had the $200-something in spare cash to shell out for the package, but I do not. At least I can watch every Dodgers game. But they don't play tomorrow, either... I have been watching at least 2 games every day since the season started (obviously with the exception of last Sunday's opener) but the Dodgers are off tomorrow, and so are the Angels. I guess it's Cubs/Brewers for me.

[quote name='matt young']I can't watch the white sox play the blue jays tomorrow since extra innings' free trial is done. Sadly, i don't know how many sox games i'll get to watch this year. :( i really wish i had the $200-something in spare cash to shell out for the package, but i do not. At least i can watch every dodgers game. But they don't play tomorrow, either... I have been watching at least 2 games every day since the season started (obviously with the exception of last sunday's opener) but the dodgers are off tomorrow, and so are the angels. I guess it's cubs/brewers for me.[/quote]

atdhe.com

I've got Halladay, Carpenter, Garza, Floyd, Happ, and Kuroda in my fantasy league. My first week pitching stats were the most epic ever. ERA under 2, WHIP at 1.01, 58 K's. Ridiculous.

Picked up Konerko to fill in for DL'd Berkman and took a chance on Willingham and McGehee starting. Started the season with a 10-0 whuppin. The poor guy I was facing never had a chance.

Friggin Dodgers. Way to pitch like crap. Love the knuckler though. 12 lulzy strikeouts. The local boys in Houston are about as bad a team as any I've ever seen. Holy god in heaven they're awful. My poor wife is already hating the season.

[quote name='wildcpac']So Jerry Manuel stated that the Mets weren't prepared yesterday. I wonder how soon he gets fired.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully today.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure why he would come out and say that. It's part of his job to make sure the team is prepared...

[quote name='DomLando']Hopefully today.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure why he would come out and say that. It's part of his job to make sure the team is prepared...[/QUOTE]

Lol maybe he didn't want to look like a jackass like the Raptor's head coach did yesterday. The Bulls spanked them in Toronto in the most important game of both their seasons to that point. Afterwords Raps coach said the effort was there and they were prepared and the media derailed him for it the rest of the press conference.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']atdhe.com[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's .net. :p I know about that site, but they're not showing today's game.

Also, just curious- why does my name and post show up in all lower case in your quote?

[quote name='wildcpac']So Jerry Manuel stated that the Mets weren't prepared yesterday. I wonder how soon he gets fired.[/QUOTE]

yup said that in a prior post. I am counting down the days till that happens. Like Even Roberts said today on the FAN, I want to see Towers/Bobby V at the helm....but no matter..as long as the Coupons are at the helm...the ship is still sinking.
[quote name='DomLando']Hopefully today.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure why he would come out and say that. It's part of his job to make sure the team is prepared...[/QUOTE]

yep, again..its why i want this guy gone. He hasn't fixed one problem with this team. The glaring concern is RISP and he hasn't done anything in 2 years to fix that problem. I seriously will throw a big party when the Minaya/Manuel Regime is laid to rest. Ill throw a bigger one once the Wilpons are gone.

you know whats the worst part. Even also pointed this out. If Omar and Jerry are ousted..we are left with Bob Melvin and John Ricco............NOT MUCH BETTER infact may be WORSE!

[quote name='Matt Young']Actually, it's .net. :p I know about that site, but they're not showing today's game.

Also, just curious- why does my name and post show up in all lower case in your quote?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure. I think I actually put the website in upper case letters, but it changed to lower case when I submitted the post. It looks like that had something to do with it, as most of the upper case letters in your post have been changed.

[quote name='wildcpac']When does Trevor Hoffman get dfa'ed and retire? I want Rivera to have the all time saves record which he deserves. So great to see Hoffman blow a 3 run lead in the 9th today.[/QUOTE]

I am a massive Mo fan. I really don't care about the saves record, but what I hate more than anything is when people attempt to put the two in the same category. No. There is Mo, and there is everyone else. Hoffman is not even close. He's played for a lot of bad and mediocre teams, so there is usually no pressure on him. He also blew almost all of the handful of big moments he actually had: Game 3 of the '98 Series, '06 All-Star Game, and Game 163 in '07.

how come atdhe.net never shows mlb games? I always get the Bulls from them when I'm not in Chicago, but they have like 1 mlb game a day and its usually one on national tv anyway

[quote name='integralsmatic']yup said that in a prior post. I am counting down the days till that happens. Like Even Roberts said today on the FAN, I want to see Towers/Bobby V at the helm....but no matter..as long as the Coupons are at the helm...the ship is still sinking.

yep, again..its why i want this guy gone. He hasn't fixed one problem with this team. The glaring concern is RISP and he hasn't done anything in 2 years to fix that problem. I seriously will throw a big party when the Minaya/Manuel Regime is laid to rest. Ill throw a bigger one once the Wilpons are gone.

you know whats the worst part. Even also pointed this out. If Omar and Jerry are ousted..we are left with Bob Melvin and John Ricco............NOT MUCH BETTER infact may be WORSE![/QUOTE]

Can it get worse?!?!?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I am a massive Mo fan. I really don't care about the saves record, but what I hate more than anything is when people attempt to put the two in the same category. No. There is Mo, and there is everyone else. Hoffman is not even close. He's played for a lot of bad and mediocre teams, so there is usually no pressure on him. He also blew almost all of the handful of big moments he actually had: Game 3 of the '98 Series, '06 All-Star Game, and Game 163 in '07.[/QUOTE]

I dont think this comparison should ever be made. Mo is still dominant at what 43? Him and Jeter have been the backbone of that organization and he is the ultimate closer. No waiting for the Hall like Lee Smith..who is still trying to get in.

by the way Just picked up Joe Beningo's book Rules for New York Sports fans......One of the funniest reads for me this year. Everything is pretty obvious but the way he put the subjects in to perspective is make me :rofl:

[quote name='DomLando']Can it get worse?!?!?[/QUOTE]

sure it can. would you want a guy who worked under Minaya and a guy who is working under Manuel to take over for our club? it will be the same guys but possibly worse. Its one point Evan pointed out that go me thinking that. either way...unless the club shells out for Valentine or a good set of Baseball minds.....we are fucked!

[quote name='Drclaw411']how come atdhe.net never shows mlb games? I always get the Bulls from them when I'm not in Chicago, but they have like 1 mlb game a day and its usually one on national tv anyway[/QUOTE]

Maybe because it's a bigger pain to have all 15 games on in one night and have someone do it? It's easier with the NBA or NHL when only half the league is playing most days.

Why not get MLB.tv? It's 100 for the season after the 20 off for getting SI for free for 14 weeks and then you cancel it. That comes out to less than 70 cents a game in HD. I am a Yankees fan but I was just watching the Twins/Sox game earlier.

[quote name='wildcpac']Maybe because it's a bigger pain to have all 15 games on in one night and have someone do it? It's easier with the NBA or NHL when only half the league is playing most days.

Why not get MLB.tv? It's 100 for the season after the 20 off for getting SI for free for 14 weeks and then you cancel it. That comes out to less than 70 cents a game in HD. I am a Yankees fan but I was just watching the Twins/Sox game earlier.[/QUOTE]

I'll just have to hope somebody finds streams for the Cubs on p2p.eu or something. I'm not going to pay for it because im only in Arizona for less than a month until I go home from school. For 20 days in May i'll be in Italy but beyond that i'll be back home for the entire summer and I have season tickets at Wrigley so it's just to expensive for such a short amount of time.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I'll just have to hope somebody finds streams for the Cubs on p2p.eu or something. I'm not going to pay for it because im only in Arizona for less than a month until I go home from school. For 20 days in May i'll be in Italy but beyond that i'll be back home for the entire summer and I have season tickets at Wrigley so it's just to expensive for such a short amount of time.[/QUOTE]

You can get a month for $15 bucks and then cancel.

So when do the Sox bench Big Poopi? That way he can join OJ and search for the real killers, I mean whoever spiked his protein shakes back in the asterisk days of 04 and 07.

Ortiz has struck out I believe 10 out of his 20 at bats so far.

"I'm fine," he reiterated to the Herald. "I'm seeing a lot of pitches. They’re throwing me a lot of [expletive], but that's part of the game. You know, that's how it goes sometimes. People see me getting out, just the result, but they don’t see that [opponents] aren’t trying to give you anything to hit. Here, chase, chase, chase. I'm trying to hit a 3-1 changeup on the black. That's OK. They're going to make a mistake, and when they make a mistake, I'll be ready."

Matt, since you watch alot of the White Sox. Can you explain to me why Ozzie gives alot of playing time to Pierre and plays him at DH?? Pierre cant hit and has zero power and walk ability. Nice to see Vernon Wells hitting his 5th homerun of the season. Only Pujols has as many.

bread's done
Back