MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Thread: UFC/Strikeforce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible. Another win via armbar. Between her domination and heel attitude I think Rousey may have given women's mma a stay of execution. If she keeps it up she may just generate some heat for women's mma as a whole. Even Dana had to like that.

First time I've watched a woman's MMA fight. Saw there was a lot of hype going on in the thread so decided to check it out. Also the first time really watching a Strikeforce card. I only saw the main event and the 155 lb fight before it. I am not really too hardcore when it comes to MMA as I've said before but I enjoy watching it when I get the chance. I can honestly say though that Strikeforce is not appealing at all to me.

The commentators didn't really seem to know what they were talking about, but then again comparing them to Joe Rogan who is an MMA encyclopedia probably isn't too fair. The caliber of the Lightweight fight seemed extremely low as well. On the other hand, I was extremely impressed with the main event. The technique they showed was very impressive and it was overall a great performance. Not what I expected at all from a woman's fight :p

Somewhere, Hiroshi Hase is proud of Lumumba Sayers' northern lights suplex. Scott Smith looked to be in terrible shape, tho. Just flabby and uninspired. He had a decent career for a pure brawler.

I'm riding that thought train, too, Mak. Rousey just may have given Dana White a reason to keep the division around when Strikeforce folds. It would be fitting if the first female fight in the UFC is Rousey-Cyborg. I still think Cyborg takes it—unless Rousey can significantly improve her striking in a year.

Edit:

I couldn't care less about Frank Shamrock as a commentator. And, while I like Mauro Ranallo as a person, he grates on my nerves as commentator. But, Pat Miletich knows his stuff. Super insightful guy.

And while Joe Rogan is very insightful, I'd give the "MMA encyclopedia" title to Jordan Breen. ;)

[quote name='Chase']And while Joe Rogan is very insightful, I'd give the "MMA encyclopedia" title to Jordan Breen. ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha, don't mind me. That's just my noob side showing. Who knows, maybe I will start to get a bit more educated on the sport. I'm not really a sports type of guy period, but ever since the first season of TUF, MMA caught my interest. Well, I guess I should probably say UFC caught my interest since that is the only organization I ever watch fights in. That Cormier vs Barnett fight looked pretty interesting, so I may watch that as well. :bouncy:

And I must say: Don't mind me. I'm just being somewhat of a smart-ass. Hahaha... Pardon. :)

MMA is a good sport to get into, by the way. This thread is a good place to discuss the sport and cultivate knowledge. Sure beats the chaos in just about every MMA community. ;)

Damn that armbar was nasty, I couldn't believe that it wasn't stopped earlier. Watching the replay It look like her arm could have snapped and pierce through her skin. :puke:

[quote name='Chase']I couldn't care less about Frank Shamrock as a commentator. And, while I like Mauro Ranallo as a person, he grates on my nerves as commentator. But, Pat Miletich knows his stuff. Super insightful guy.

And while Joe Rogan is very insightful, I'd give the "MMA encyclopedia" title to Jordan Breen. ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha, I like Frank (my favorite Frank moment is when he absolutely annihilated Tito at UFC 22). I only wish Ken could have just retired graciously and gone into announcing the same way instead of turning himself into a joke and ruining his legacy. I miss the days when he was actually a badass.

But yeah, Mauro drives me nuts. He has a douchey voice and he looks like a walking penis. Miletich is definitely knowledgable, but his opinions were biased as hell. That's why I was disappointed to find out it was him.

And for the record, I like Joe Rogan. It was funny when people only knew him as "that Fear Factor guy" and were wondering why he was on UFC shows. I think he's a pretty knowledgable dude, and he loves the sport and it shows. Just as Dana White is a fan's owner. Joe Rogan is a fan's commentator.

Anyone else think Julia Stiles and Ronda Rousey look like twins?

LOL. Couldn't help myself. They do kind of look a little bit alike though.

[quote name='bigpimpin24']Anyone else think Julia Stiles and Ronda Rousey look like twins?

LOL. Couldn't help myself. They do kind of look a little bit alike though.
[/QUOTE]

Haha, just don't make a thread specifically for that now! But actually, that's exactly who I think she looks like. Younger and nicer legs though! ;)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Haha, I like Frank (my favorite Frank moment is when he absolutely annihilated Tito at UFC 22). I only wish Ken could have just retired graciously and gone into announcing the same way instead of turning himself into a joke and ruining his legacy. I miss the days when he was actually a badass.

But yeah, Mauro drives me nuts. He has a douchey voice and he looks like a walking penis. Miletich is definitely knowledgable, but his opinions were biased as hell. That's why I was disappointed to find out it was him.

And for the record, I like Joe Rogan. It was funny when people only knew him as "that Fear Factor guy" and were wondering why he was on UFC shows. I think he's a pretty knowledgable dude, and he loves the sport and it shows. Just as Dana White is a fan's owner. Joe Rogan is a fan's commentator.[/QUOTE]

I respect Frank. Hehehe... His commentary is hit or miss, tho. And he always sounds drunk. Mauro did a sitdown with Jack for Rewind. He has an incredible life story, but man, his commentary can be knife in the ear. I don't remember him being this annoying in Pride. He shouts more in Strikeforce.

I like Rogan. He knows MMA, and offers really good insight to striking. I dislike how he tries to prematurely retire fighters in his post-fight interviews. If I had just lost, the last thing I would want is for some dude to put retirement into my head. The same could be said for when he asks fighters, after a loss, if they should perhaps cut down to a division. During commentary, his bias can be a bit overwhelming. I had been tempted to mute my TV during Florian-Aldo. But yes, Rogan is one of the best. :)

And I can see the comparison between the faces of Ronda Rousey and Julia Stiles. I think Ronda's hotter, but we now know who will play Ronda in the film adaptation of her life story. ;)

Lastly, if you missed the fight, or want to share it with others, here's Ronda Rousey picking up the torch and guiding the way for a new era of women's MMA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MdVxeiJRO4

I don't know, moojuice. Perhaps someone else does. :)

I am quite shocked by the amount of buzz Ronda Rousey has generated. Twitter, Facebook, local friends, colleagues, family: All interested in Ronda Rousey—and they never discuss MMA. I can't help but wonder what this moment could have done for women's MMA if she had the UFC stage. I genuinely hope she goes on a year of armbars, fights Carano in the middle of it, and culminates in a fight with Cyborg as the first women's fight in the UFC.

Oh god DAMN...but that's what can happen when you flail your legs like that.

Remarkable how calm the situation appears without sound.

I think Ced's "oh god damn" properly summarizes that video.

Just a brutal, gruesome injury. I let out a "aahhh wow ouch." :cold:

1077z3d.png

++ Frankie Edgar confirms UFC Lightweight championship rematch with Ben Henderson

https://twitter.com/#!/FrankieEdgar/status/177176187121049600

+ Diet Nog out, Thiago Silva in against Alexander Gustafsson

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Wi...hiago-Silva-for-UFC-on-Fuel-2-Headliner-40905

+ Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's next fight is his "last fight in the UFC"

http://mmafrenzy.com/27816/quinton-rampage-jackson-states-his-next-ufc-fight-will-be-his-last/

+Winner of Nate Diaz-Jim Miller gets UFC Lightweight title shot

http://www.mmaweekly.com/winner-of-nate-diaz-vs-jim-miller-gets-a-ufc-lighweight-title-shot

+ Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Tate peaks at 504,000 viewers 20-seconds into fight

http://mmapayout.com/2012/03/strikeforce-rousey-vs-tate-431000-viewers/

+ Bellator 60, March 9th (8 p.m. PST)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_1VZnjMzTQ

Nogueira/Gustafsson was a very interesting fight, but Silva/Gustafsson is even more so. Silva's first fight back in the UFC and Gustafsson stepping up big time in competition.

Agreed.

Nog Brothers are two guys I just can't seem to care about no matter who they fight. Meanwhile Thiago Silva is one of my favorite fighters. So this change pleases me greatly.

Also Thiago Silva = best entrance music in UFC (Ratamata by Sepultura)

I think Diet Nog would have been more competitive against Gustafsson. Rogerio's boxing is solid, even though he's slowed since PRIDE, and he trains with better people. Like a lot of fighters, Thiago has an incredible story. I'm a fan. He's a strong dude but has major back problems. Major back problems that again revealed itself, after the Vera fight, with what he said before he served his suspension. Alexander is young and did well against heavy-handed fighters like James Te-Huna and Vladimir Matyushenko. Thiago Silva is +240 with Alexander Gustafsson at -300. I think that's fair. I won't say Gustafsson mercs Silva, but I wouldn't be surprised if The Mauler finishes him by TKO in R1. You have to question Thiago's chin, after the Machida fight, and his health. Machida's power is underrated and Gustafsson has flat-out merc-ed dudes with his power.

[quote name='Maklershed']Nog Brothers are two guys I just can't seem to care about no matter who they fight.[/QUOTE]

For me, I have interest in the careers of Big Nog and Lil Nog 'cause I saw them fight in PRIDE. Same reason why I cheer people like Josh Barnett, Dan Henderson, and Kazushi Sakuraba.

And sweet goodness: Saku needs to stop fighting. It's more depressing than Cro Cop. It saddens me greatly to see him limp out and get assaulted.

Saku is one of the guys that got me into the sport and it flat out depresses me that he's declined greatly but still feels the need to wheel himself out into the ring.

They just wheeled him out and and tossed him in to the ring for his most recent fight with Yan Cabral. His legs had been wrapped so much he looked like he suffered third-degree burns. Just depressing to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ3jz_z8YJ8

Eddie Alvarez-Shinya Aoki 2 is set for April 20 at Bellator 66. If he manages to beat Aoki, I wonder if Alvarez will wait-out the remaining six to seven months of his Bellator contract. A part of me would find it amusing if he winds up in Zuffa—but in Strikeforce and not the UFC. At least he'd offer company to Gilbert Melendez.

[quote name='Chase']I think Diet Nog would have been more competitive against Gustafsson. Rogerio's boxing is solid, even though he's slowed since PRIDE, and he trains with better people. Like a lot of fighters, Thiago has an incredible story. I'm a fan. He's a strong dude but has major back problems. Major back problems that again revealed itself, after the Vera fight, with what he said before he served his suspension. Alexander is young and did well against heavy-handed fighters like James Te-Huna and Vladimir Matyushenko. Thiago Silva is +240 with Alexander Gustafsson at -300. I think that's fair. I won't say Gustafsson mercs Silva, but I wouldn't be surprised if The Mauler finishes him by TKO in R1. You have to question Thiago's chin, after the Machida fight, and his health. Machida's power is underrated and Gustafsson has flat-out merc-ed dudes with his power.[/QUOTE]

Matyushenko is not heavy handed, far from it, but I do agree with the thought that Gustafsson can stop him early. Thiago has never had a good chin and his injuries cannot be helping him, not to mention the layoff. If Alexander isn't hiding a glass chin, he'll be fine here.

On a sidenote, Cain Velasquez/Frank Mir and Roy Nelson/Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva have both been signed.

I can see why you would say that Vlad is not heavy-handed. :) He's no killer, by any means. Doesn't usually merc dudes. But I do think his flat-out knockout of Jason Brilz is impressive. He was the first person to drop and finish Brilz, who has/had a good chin.

Seems like they're feeding Roy to Silva. Roy does not possess the power of Cormier, so it won't be some out-of-the-blue knockout. I see Bigfoot using Roy as a punching bag. It's going to be a brutal fight.

Also, why is Roy still fighting at heavyweight? What's his Facebook page at? He said if he got to 100K likes, he'd drop to 205. Hmm.

Thanks for the One FC update, Mak. I'll keep an eye out to see who he winds up fighting. One FC put on a good first few shows. Aoki is one of a few Asian fighters I'd bet on winning. He was competitive against Gil and that says a lot.

Sherdog put up a good article about the TUF 15 cast.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Meet-the-TUF-15-Cast-40661

I'll have to familiarize myself with a bunch of the cast. And not just because they opened betting lines on TUF Live.

EDIT:

Roy's Facebook page is at 99,464 likes. Hopefully, he'll round up when it gets to 99,500. Dude needs to drop to 205. For his career and his health.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chase']I can see why you would say that Vlad is not heavy-handed. :) He's no killer, by any means. Doesn't usually merc dudes. But I do think his flat-out knockout of Jason Brilz is impressive. He was the first person to drop and finish Brilz, who has/had a good chin.

Seems like they're feeding Roy to Silva. Roy does not possess the power of Cormier, so it won't be some out-of-the-blue knockout. I see Bigfoot using Roy as a punching bag. It's going to be a brutal fight.

Also, why is Roy still fighting at heavyweight? What's his Facebook page at? He said if he got to 100K likes, he'd drop to 205. Hmm.

Thanks for the One FC update, Mak. I'll keep an eye out to see who he winds up fighting. One FC put on a good first few shows. Aoki is one of a few Asian fighters I'd bet on winning. He was competitive against Gil and that says a lot.

Sherdog put up a good article about the TUF 15 cast.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Meet-the-TUF-15-Cast-40661

I'll have to familiarize myself with a bunch of the cast. And not just because they opened betting lines on TUF Live.

EDIT:

Roy's Facebook page is at 99,464 likes. Hopefully, he'll round up when it gets to 99,500. Dude needs to drop to 205. For his career and his health.[/QUOTE]

Feeding Roy to Silva? I have it the other way around. Antonio isn't going to ragdoll him and saying Nelson doesn't punch as hard as Cormier is, no offense, ridiculous. Since when is Daniel Cormier a huge puncher?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Feeding Roy to Silva? I have it the other way around. Antonio isn't going to ragdoll him and saying Nelson doesn't punch as hard as Cormier is, no offense, ridiculous. Since when is Daniel Cormier a huge puncher?[/QUOTE]

roy hits hard enough from what I can tell throughout his career. I think its a good match to make.

I like Roy vs. Silva.Makes for an interesting match up.Personally I'd probably favor Roy in the match up with his solid chin and looking for the KO and Bigfoot being somewhat slow.

The stoppage was horrible, absolutely horrible. Warren took far too much punishment and should never have been allowed to go on that long taking those many shots.

I thought a guy turning away from strikes like was the universal sign of "No más".

Finally playing catch-up with the sweet, delicious violence I've missed the last few days.

I'm still unimpressed by Marlon Sandro. Just wild swinging in this fight with some low-level dude. He had a competitive fight with Michihiro Omigawa, and later, got dominated by Hatsu Hioki and Pat Curran. And that's basically his notable fights for a dude with 24 under his belt. For a UFC comparison, he'd probably drop Jonathan Brookins, who keeps him chin too high. He might finish Mike Thomas Brown, who's at the end of his career. But Ross Pearson would tear him apart on the feet. Mark Hominick could do the same if he doesn't get dropped in the first round.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']The stoppage was horrible, absolutely horrible. Warren took far too much punishment and should never have been allowed to go on that long taking those many shots.[/QUOTE]

I agree. 100-percent. This "Jeff Malott" guy needs to be suspended by the commission and shadow better refs. He made Kim Winslow look competent. Not an easy thing to do.

In regards to Silva-Nelson, I think Nelson's power is over-hyped. Who has he beat in the UFC? Stefan Struve, who has a questionable jaw and doesn't use his reach? A past-his-prime-please-retire Cro Cop? Are we going to say that Brendan Schaub is a legit win? No offense to Roy, I dig his personality and unquestionable will, but his UFC career has been as unimpressive as 3-3 sounds.

Antonio Silva dominated, the greatest heavyweight in MMA history, Fedor Emelianenko, and arguably beat Fabricio Werdum. What does Roy have to offer Bigfoot? At heavyweight, everyone has a puncher's chance, but, in my opinion, Roy walks into the fight and loses another bloody decision if Bigfoot doesn't end it by TKO on the ground.

As for Cormier's power, his knockout of Bigfoot speaks for itself. Fedor and Werdum, two powerful dudes, couldn't knockout Bigfoot. Cormier is a world-class athlete, and in MMA, the best skill anyone could have is being a world-class athlete. I do concede that he looked tentative in his fights with Monson and Cole, but he only had 6 fights before the Cole fight and 7 fights when he fought Monson. For a dude entering his third year in the sport, Cormier looks to be putting everything together. Training at AKA can't hurt either. We shall see how he looks when he finally fights Josh Barnett. That is going to be a huge test.

Just my two cents, tho. Nothing too serious. :)

Nelson's power might be a little overhyped but its there and hes definitely got some but not like its Tyson like or anything.The KOs that you mentioned and rocking Werdum visibly during their fight. I like Roy since he'll probably be faster and we know his chin is pretty rock solid and I think hes got enough power to get the job done and rock Bigfoot and possibly finish him.

I think Cormier has some legit power too.I don't think we're going to see him finishing guys as easily as the Bigfoot fight but its there.He hit Monson with some nasty shots and really tore him apart standing.I think theres a good argument that Cormier might be even better then Cain.

[quote name='Magiblaze']Nelson's power might be a little overhyped but its there and hes definitely got some but not like its Tyson like or anything.The KOs that you mentioned and rocking Werdum visibly during their fight. I like Roy since he'll probably be faster and we know his chin is pretty rock solid and I think hes got enough power to get the job done and rock Bigfoot and possibly finish him.

I think Cormier has some legit power too.I don't think we're going to see him finishing guys as easily as the Bigfoot fight but its there.He hit Monson with some nasty shots and really tore him apart standing.I think theres a good argument that Cormier might be even better then Cain.[/QUOTE]

Nelson's speed should be the difference. He will have a big size disadvantage but if he lands I have no doubt that Silva will get rocked/dropped/stopped. And I wouldn't say Silva is even safe on the ground, as Nelson has proven to have legitimately solid grappling skills.

[quote name='Chase']Finally playing catch-up with the sweet, delicious violence I've missed the last few days.

I'm still unimpressed by Marlon Sandro. Just wild swinging in this fight with some low-level dude. He had a competitive fight with Michihiro Omigawa, and later, got dominated by Hatsu Hioki and Pat Curran. And that's basically his notable fights for a dude with 24 under his belt. For a UFC comparison, he'd probably drop Jonathan Brookins, who keeps him chin too high. He might finish Mike Thomas Brown, who's at the end of his career. But Ross Pearson would tear him apart on the feet. Mark Hominick could do the same if he doesn't get dropped in the first round.

I agree. 100-percent. This "Jeff Malott" guy needs to be suspended by the commission and shadow better refs. He made Kim Winslow look competent. Not an easy thing to do.

In regards to Silva-Nelson, I think Nelson's power is over-hyped. Who has he beat in the UFC? Stefan Struve, who has a questionable jaw and doesn't use his reach? A past-his-prime-please-retire Cro Cop? Are we going to say that Brendan Schaub is a legit win? No offense to Roy, I dig his personality and unquestionable will, but his UFC career has been as unimpressive as 3-3 sounds.

Antonio Silva dominated, the greatest heavyweight in MMA history, Fedor Emelianenko, and arguably beat Fabricio Werdum. What does Roy have to offer Bigfoot? At heavyweight, everyone has a puncher's chance, but, in my opinion, Roy walks into the fight and loses another bloody decision if Bigfoot doesn't end it by TKO on the ground.

As for Cormier's power, his knockout of Bigfoot speaks for itself. Fedor and Werdum, two powerful dudes, couldn't knockout Bigfoot. Cormier is a world-class athlete, and in MMA, the best skill anyone could have is being a world-class athlete. I do concede that he looked tentative in his fights with Monson and Cole, but he only had 6 fights before the Cole fight and 7 fights when he fought Monson. For a dude entering his third year in the sport, Cormier looks to be putting everything together. Training at AKA can't hurt either. We shall see how he looks when he finally fights Josh Barnett. That is going to be a huge test.

Just my two cents, tho. Nothing too serious. :)[/QUOTE]

Sandro was beating up Curran before getting head kicked, but aside from that I do agree Nelson's power is a bit overrated but Silva's chin is nothing impressive. Bigfoot has been rocked badly before and his knockout loss to Cormier exposed his mediocre striking skills. Bigfoot is a great top control grappler and a decent wrestler, but his defense and durability and striking ability is unimpressive at best.

I will say that Cormier looks like he has a lot of potential (not a ton of power though IMO), and I think he continues to improve as an overall fighter, but I wouldn't rate him as a beast just yet. If Barnett comes in and throws him down and submits him, as I expect, it should set Cormier back just enough that he's able to grow as a fighter without being in the spotlight all the time.

Just saw that UFC 146's main card is going to be strictly heavyweights. It should be pretty interesting. I am very excited for the Main event and Co Main event. Frank Mir vs Cain Velasquez should be very competitive. Frank Mir is one of my favorite fighters. Ever since that loss to Brock Lesnar, and him packing on all that muscle; dude is just insane. His come back in the Big Nog fight was amazing.

The Heavyweight division is just stacked and I still think it's the most exciting division in the UFC. It is pretty much the only division I feel that the belt has no security since there is so many great fighters in there. The Lightweight comes close but Heavyweight takes it IMO.

Also just read that Rampage's last UFC contract fight will be against Shogun. I personally see Shogun taking that. Still has the ingredients of being a great fight though!

20dc5.png

Latest for March 15, 2012

5l5e78.png
Despite Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's Twitter plea, Dana White says Rampage's last UFC fight will be against Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/3/1...ons-last-ufc-fight-will-be-against-shogun-rua

11gt2kk.png
Demian Maia confirms cut to welterweight

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/3/14/2871077/ufc-demian-maia-welterweight-division-170

11gt2kk.png
Despite rumors, former UFC welterweight and lightweight champion, BJ Penn will not fight Gilbert Melendez on May 19 in Strikeforce—and neither will, top Strikeforce lightweight contenders, Josh Thomson or Pat Healy.

http://twitter.com/#!/FrontRowBrian/status/179717233755435008

11gt2kk.png
Bellator: MMA Onslaught confirmed for Summer 2012 release for PS3, 360

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Be...g-this-Summer-to-Xbox-360-Playstation-3-40977

11gt2kk.png
Fabio Maldonado-Igor Pokrajac set for UFC on FUEL 3

http://mmajunkie.com/news/27822/fabio-maldonado-vs-igor-pokrajac-slated-for-ufc-on-fuel-tv-3.mma

Fair points, Magiblaze and Krakrabbit. I have said that Nelson's power is over-hyped, but perhaps, Cormier's knockout of Bigfoot is also a bit over-hyped. As Krakrabbit said, 70-percent of Bigfoot's face may be chin, but perhaps he doesn't have as strong of a chin as perceived. And Cormier definitely needs to drop Barnett to prove that he has as much power as I think he does.

I read about the UFC 146 main card, BigPimpin. I'm somewhat tentative about having a heavyweight-only main card—but they picked a good set of heavyweights to do it.

I did a little something to the opening post in this thread. Lemme know what you think. Add yourselves to the Twitter area, and feel free to add news. I had been meaning to do this for the last few days but became really busy.

The CAGMMA.com URL goes straight to the first post. I'll start tossing the URL around to get more of my people into this thread. You should do the same. ;)

Nice work on the OP, Chase. It's going to take a little getting used to for me, considering I am accustomed to coming to the last page and reading the most recent posts. It is very clean and informative though.

146 card looks like it could be pretty awesome! I don't go out for many of the paper-views but this one looks like it could be amazing, and you know there will at least be a few finishes. The undercard looks decent enough too.

[quote name='bigpimpin24']
Also just read that Rampage's last UFC contract fight will be against Shogun. I personally see Shogun taking that. Still has the ingredients of being a great fight though![/QUOTE]

In spite of all the fans and solid fights Rampage has been a part of in the UFC, they are throwing him to the dogs for his final fight. I doubt Rampage will ever be able to beat Shogun, who can just tear him up with superior speed, kicks (very important) and the Muay Thai clinch. Clearly the UFC is being spiteful and wants to see Rampage get KO'd hard in his final UFC bout.

Rampage is just getting exactly what he wants. He complains about getting not enough money and who he has to face and has stated numerous times he was Rua.

yes, rampage has talked about fighting shogun numerous times, even before the bader fight. Rampage has really worn thin with me. I want to see shogun reenact their previous fight.

Rampage asking for Shogun doesn't mean much to the UFC. You see guys calling out other guys plenty in the UFC but the matches don't get made. IMO Shogun has Rampage's number and the UFC "granting the wish" of Quinton makes it seem, to me, that they are looking to send Rampage out of the UFC on a stretcher.

I would say 90-10 Rua because Quinton might be motivated enough to pull off an upset since this is a fight he wanted. I'm pretty sure Shogun's going to stomp him on the way out the door though.

Guida vs Maynard June 22 on UFC on FX 4 card, I think Maynard takes it because Guida has a tough time against anybody he cannot hold down. Also Franklin vs Cung Le on UFC 148 on July 7, interesting fight, I'm not sure who will take it but it should be fireworks.

Updated the opening post. Again, feel free to add news and your Twitter handles. :)

[quote name='icp_00_111']Guida vs Maynard June 22 on UFC on FX 4 card, I think Maynard takes it because Guida has a tough time against anybody he cannot hold down. Also Franklin vs Cung Le on UFC 148 on July 7, interesting fight, I'm not sure who will take it but it should be fireworks.[/QUOTE]

Interesting fights. Rich Franklin hasn't fought at 185 in almost four years. They should have had the fight at Franklinweight so Cung Le could enjoy himself more cookies and ice cream. ;)

I think Franklin weathers the initial storm then finishes Le. Some people like to discredit Franklin 'cause he conquered middleweight before anyone with great talent entered the UFC, but he's a real solid all-around fighter.

In my opinion, Maynard stomps Guida. Guida's a good low-tier gatekeeper, but Maynard is the better wrestler and has more power.

[quote name='Dokstarr']Rampage is just getting exactly what he wants. He complains about getting not enough money and who he has to face and has stated numerous times he was Rua.[/QUOTE]

Quinton said on one of last week's Savage Dog Show episodes that he knows he messed up his relationship with the UFC. He went on to say that one reason why he's upset with the UFC is because they once recognized Anderson Silva as the first fighter to unify a UFC and PRIDE championship, when, in fact, Quinton did it first. Seriously. That's one of his many complaints.

Quinton had his knee surgeries paid for by the UFC and complains. Meanwhile, King Mo, who almost died, is drowning in bills. Most of the time, I like Quinton and think he means well—but he needs to put things in perspective. Right now, I'm undecided who wins between he and Shogun. I'll decide closer to the fight. Lots of things can pop-up, like injuries.

Updated the opening post. Again, feel free to add news and your Twitter handles. :)

[quote name='icp_00_111']Guida vs Maynard June 22 on UFC on FX 4 card, I think Maynard takes it because Guida has a tough time against anybody he cannot hold down. Also Franklin vs Cung Le on UFC 148 on July 7, interesting fight, I'm not sure who will take it but it should be fireworks.[/QUOTE]

Interesting fights. Rich Franklin hasn't fought at 185 in almost four years. They should have had the fight at Franklinweight so Cung Le could enjoy himself more cookies and ice cream. ;)

I think Franklin weathers the initial storm then finishes Le. Some people like to discredit Franklin 'cause he conquered middleweight before anyone with great talent entered the UFC, but he's a real solid all-around fighter.

In my opinion, Maynard stomps Guida. Guida's a good low-tier gatekeeper, but Maynard is the better wrestler and has more power.

[quote name='Dokstarr']Rampage is just getting exactly what he wants. He complains about getting not enough money and who he has to face and has stated numerous times he was Rua.[/QUOTE]

Quinton said on one of last week's Savage Dog Show episodes that he knows he messed up his relationship with the UFC. He went on to say that one reason why he's upset with the UFC is because they once recognized Anderson Silva as the first fighter to unify a UFC and PRIDE championship, when, in fact, Quinton did it first. Seriously. That's one of his many complaints.

Quinton had his knee surgeries paid for by the UFC and complains. Meanwhile, King Mo, who almost died, is drowning in bills. Most of the time, I like Quinton and think he means well—but he needs to put things in perspective. Right now, I'm undecided who wins between he and Shogun. I'll decide closer to the fight. Lots of things can pop-up, like injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back