Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS (Playstation 3 the Best) $39.99 shipped in play Asia

[quote name='LancerEvoX']Did you try Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus? It's pretty close to that iteration (There are some system changes).[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did, thats awesome then, I'll look at some footage

Have there been any Gundam games similar to the one for Dreamcast? I think it was called Side Story. You're a regular GM unit so even Zakus are enough to kill you. It also had branching missions, like if you let an enemy transport go, the enemy would agree to a cease-fire. There was also a premium disc where you could fight the RX-78, Guncannon, and Guntank and they were tough as hell. I would say that the game is like 08th MS Team: The Game.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Yeah I did, thats awesome then, I'll look at some footage[/QUOTE]

Maybe this will help? Or anyone who's new to the games.

[youtube]lR4tupxJymM[/youtube]

[quote name='dgwillia006']Awesome. Now my body wants it, but my brain knows I won't have the time to play it for a while[/QUOTE]

Well..Now the game will ship in 5 to 15 days..

[quote name='dohdough']Best Gundam game ever released in the US is still Encounters in Space IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCMjAE1aya4
[/QUOTE]

I like how he's all like "WHOA, I'm in OUTER SPACE o_O" before he goes on to single handedly obliterate two Zeon capital ships and numerous cutting edge Rick Dom mobile suits while everyone else is dicking off in the background. Good Job, Amuro! Do that a couple dozen more times and you will be propelled to the rank of... Ensign. :roll:

But seriously, I owned Journey to Jaburo and Fed Vs Zeon and I couldn't quite say either of them hit it out of the park, but they were close. Journey had mind blowing presentation, remixes of the 70's music so good, they no longer sounded cheese. The mobile suit models looked stunning, the cinematics were among the best I saw on the system and the extras were great. But the game itself blew. (To be fair, it did capture the authentic feel of trying to maneuver and dodge in a 60 ton war machine >.>)

Then you had Fed vs Zeon. Piss poor graphics. Piss poor music, (the exact same songs, but remixed horribly. Derp Derp Derp Derrrrrrrrrp! opening soundtrack...ugh) terrible presentation. (Instead of being sling shotted out of the White base ramp like in a show, they just "hop" out among a hundred other dumbed down small touches) bland cinematics ect. Also, the game engine is fucking awesome. I LOVED playing Fed vs Zeon. I just wish everything else didn't suck about it.

I swear, if they used the Fed vs Zeon game engine and coupled it with Journies' production values, they would have made the perfect Gundam game.

Why does it always seem like Gundam capital ships are made of tissue paper? Do their weapon's destructive capabilities outpace their armor by that much?

[quote name='Super Sonic']Also, the game engine is fucking awesome. I LOVED playing Fed vs Zeon. I just wish everything else didn't suck about it.

I swear, if they used the Fed vs Zeon game engine and coupled it with Journies' production values, they would have made the perfect Gundam game.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. My old roommate and I played the hell out of Federation Vs. Zeon for a good 3-6 months. We ended up using Zaku's for everything we were so good at the game. Personally, one of the best Co-op games I've ever played.

[quote name='Talgrund']Agreed. My old roommate and I played the hell out of Federation Vs. Zeon for a good 3-6 months. We ended up using Zaku's for everything we were so good at the game. Personally, one of the best Co-op games I've ever played.[/QUOTE]

Too bad this game online wise it's only vs, and split screen really sucks. I wish they added system link or lan

Hopefully next version feature a online cooperative arcade mode

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Why does it always seem like Gundam capital ships are made of tissue paper? Do their weapon's destructive capabilities outpace their armor by that much?[/QUOTE]

Having a giant sized beam rifle for your mobile suit was pretty srius biznis back in the one year war. It was like having a revolver during the civil war days to everyone elses one shot wonder.

Anyone's order ship yet? Ordered mine on the 30th, still showing "preparing order" for status and I noticed there's a note now on my order page as well as the item page that says more stock estimated to arrive on Feb 22nd. Guess they didn't anticipate so many people would be jumping on this.

[quote name='fishphoenix']Anyone's order ship yet? Ordered mine on the 30th, still showing "preparing order" for status and I noticed there's a note now on my order page as well as the item page that says more stock estimated to arrive on Feb 22nd. Guess they didn't anticipate so many people would be jumping on this.[/QUOTE]

Nope not shipped yet either.

[quote name='eilegz']Too bad this game online wise it's only vs, and split screen really sucks. I wish they added system link or lan

Hopefully next version feature a online cooperative arcade mode[/QUOTE]

I hear you. Atleast you can do you and a friend vs 2 bots online. Granted it's co-op arcade or mission mode, but it is fun being seeing how many wins you can get with random units.

[quote name='SchumiF1']I hear you. Atleast you can do you and a friend vs 2 bots online. Granted it's co-op arcade or mission mode, but it is fun being seeing how many wins you can get with random units.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's a good practice but the ratio it's broken they throw you a lot of high level ms but it costs the cpu less life bar, while you get what it cost

Compared to gundam vs gundam next plus it's a step back

I couldn't resist this! I would be interested to know everyone's experience with the free shipping options though... ugh, 21 days ~_~

Btw, I believe this game has a fairly in-depth singleplayer. If you look at the trophies (translated here: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/mo...t-gundam-extreme-vs-trophy-guide-roadmap.html) I'd say about 90% of the trophies are offline, only 4 are online (and most are pretty time consuming anyway)

Kotaku had some more insight on it. http://kotaku.com/5920417/why-gundam-extreme-vs-is-the-best-anime+based-game-ever-made

I'll cross my fingers, but I hope there are still players online as well. :booty:

[quote name='Baldur']I couldn't resist this! I would be interested to know everyone's experience with the free shipping options though... ugh, 21 days ~_~

Btw, I believe this game has a fairly in-depth singleplayer. If you look at the trophies (translated here: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/mo...t-gundam-extreme-vs-trophy-guide-roadmap.html) I'd say about 90% of the trophies are offline, only 4 are online (and most are pretty time consuming anyway)

Kotaku had some more insight on it. http://kotaku.com/5920417/why-gundam-extreme-vs-is-the-best-anime+based-game-ever-made

I'll cross my fingers, but I hope there are still players online as well. :booty:[/QUOTE]

Add my psn man!!

[quote name='breakingcustoms']I'm getting it to.. Add me, Brandonx1000[/QUOTE]

wait man!!! added.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to drop in and say - all you new EXVS owners are welcome - #gafgundam on espernet! Several gundam fans from neogaf and a couple other places - we arrange games in there. You've probably run into a bunch of us in the North American rooms from time to time! Come join!

[quote name='Enron']I just wanted to drop in and say - all you new EXVS owners are welcome - #gafgundam on espernet! Several gundam fans from neogaf and a couple other places - we arrange games in there. You've probably run into a bunch of us in the North American rooms from time to time! Come join![/QUOTE]

What is your psn?

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Psn skyye06 or eipsycongroo depending on if I go for the plat. Ill add everyones psn and check out the forum once I get my game.[/QUOTE]

alright man, hope your game will be deliver to your home asap!

Open it now! Get used to the control first! Then we arrange a date to have a matches this weekend? Open a room called cAG gundam training.

Keep in mind that this Asian version only allows you to play online against players outside of JP. If past practices are any indication, the asian servers often get pulled years before the Japanese one does.

[quote name='Max Spider X']Keep in mind that this Asian version only allows you to play online against players outside of JP. If past practices are any indication, the asian servers often get pulled years before the Japanese one does.[/QUOTE]

Uhm, no. That is 1000% wrong. You can play against anyone with the JP or Asian version of this game. DLC works just fine with either version as well. We have a couple of JP regulars that we play against.

[quote name='ckc4043']What is your psn?[/QUOTE]

Enron76

[quote name='Enron']Uhm, no. That is 1000% wrong. You can play against anyone with the JP or Asian version of this game. DLC works just fine with either version as well. We have a couple of JP regulars that we play against.

Enron76[/QUOTE]

Added..wanna to have a match tonight?

i ended up ordering with fedex on Feb 20th, but as of today i am still waiting for it to ship

Play Asia states they are still waiting for their shipment

[quote name='ckc4043']Added..wanna to have a match tonight?[/QUOTE]

join the irc i posted earlier - that's where we organize our games.

i finally got the game last week. does anyone know how to get the hi-nu from PSN? i have the us version of ps3 and a search of gundam on psn doesn't seem to show up

[quote name='Baldur']you have to use the jpn store to get it I think. You'll probably need to get a japanese psn card or something, the first page or so, in this topic, had some info about that.

Here is a good dlc list I think?

i just wanted to get the free one (hi-nu). where do i get the psn card? would i need to somehow connect to japanese psn server?

If you spend a few minutes in the JP store, it really isn't that hard to figure out.

That, or look up the name of game in Japanese and type the first few characters. Or even just find the page for the game, should be a DLC list right under the button to purchase.

ok i just made a hong kong account and downloaded it. is it associated with this account only? like can it be transferred to my us psn account?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kingofighter']sorry i am new to playing asia/japan game on my us console. how do i access japan psn? i can read japanese, just that i don't know how to get there which is the problem. even if i register hong kong psn, how do i access it from my u.s. ps3?[/QUOTE]

Just make a new user account on your PS3, then use the Japan PSN info you signed up with to log in.

http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/jp-ja/home/

From that page you should be able to create a JP PSN account.

[quote name='kingofighter']ok i just made a hong kong account and downloaded it. is it associated with this account only? like can it be transferred to my us psn account?[/QUOTE]
If it's downloaded on the system, any other profile on the system should be able to use it.

This game is great Finally got it when it became a best title back in January my advice to new players is to finish all the trials and beat through all arcade on a higher setting before jumping online. I sunk 70 hours into it before I even dared playing online.

A must get for any Gundam, virtual on, or just mech fan. If you are on the fence about it too don't worry english is not needed in the game but actually alot of the menus have english on the top left of each menu selection plus there are great guides out there.

Anyone local to the SoCal area, there's a local tournament scene for EVS over at Super Arcade(Walnut). They'll be running a tournament at EVO this year as well. PM for details.

bread's done
Back