Modern Warfare 2 CAG Clan - Wednesday/Friday @ 7PST/10EST

[quote name='jmbreci']Out for Wednesday but probably in for Friday...unless I have a 24 hr hangover working there....and I think my play is improving. I learned quite a bit watching Kefka kill me a number of times and following him around in demo/CTF/domination....Madd3r as well....better weapons/bling helps also. I still get PO'd when I swear I knife a guy and the lag gets me or when I see myself shooting the other guy before dying only to watch the replay and have it show I did not get a shot off...looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.... ;)[/QUOTE]

Heh, at least you got Kefka right. He's much better at the automatic weapon/shotgun dance than I am but he's got those surround sound headphones he wears, so he's definitely more in touch with the sounds around him. They almost make him a Gun-foo master, it's fun to watch him. Until I get a surround sound set up, I go by instinct and TLAR when it comes to footsteps.

Bling is helpful but knowing your weapons and knowing the map is much better than a perk. Sometimes what I'll do is I'll snag a better weapon off the ground to replace a crappy secondary weapon, especially early on when your gun selection just sucks. You won't get the credit on the challenges until you unlock them but it beats waiting for unlocks, especially if you know you can light somebody up with another gun. I do that with sniper rifles sometimes, I'll snag one with different attachments and swap between the two since I usually favor my ACOG sniper set up than the normal scope.

Damn, sorry guys. I won't be able to host the next 2 game nights. I'm gonna be out of the state, visiting some family.

dyeknom = dyeknom
Experience: ???, can't say until I see how other people play here.

Availability: Everyday
Timezone: CST
Mic: No

[quote name='Mad39er']Heh, at least you got Kefka right. He's much better at the automatic weapon/shotgun dance than I am but he's got those surround sound headphones he wears, so he's definitely more in touch with the sounds around him. They almost make him a Gun-foo master, it's fun to watch him. Until I get a surround sound set up, I go by instinct and TLAR when it comes to footsteps.

Bling is helpful but knowing your weapons and knowing the map is much better than a perk. Sometimes what I'll do is I'll snag a better weapon off the ground to replace a crappy secondary weapon, especially early on when your gun selection just sucks. You won't get the credit on the challenges until you unlock them but it beats waiting for unlocks, especially if you know you can light somebody up with another gun. I do that with sniper rifles sometimes, I'll snag one with different attachments and swap between the two since I usually favor my ACOG sniper set up than the normal scope.[/QUOTE]

I hate knowing what I mean and everyone else not. ;) Actually, I want the "bling" perk so that I can add 2 attachments....not quite there yet.

Anyway, I volunteer you to host in place of Kefka the next couple of night. :bouncy: How about that for some CAG love. :bomb:

[quote name='jmbreci']I hate knowing what I mean and everyone else not. ;) Actually, I want the "bling" perk so that I can add 2 attachments....not quite there yet.

Anyway, I volunteer you to host in place of Kefka the next couple of night. :bouncy: How about that for some CAG love. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Oh I knew what you meant, I use Bling for my sniper rifles, ACOG and FMJ for my shorter range sniper set up. For assault rifles it's a little easier, just slap on a silencer and your rate of fire makes up for lack of a second attachment, but that's just me personally. I rotate my Perk 1 around so I've been favoring non-Bling set ups lately since the better you use your equipment, the less you NEED Bling to get by and by the time you don't NEED Bling, you'll be a monster whenever you use it.

If it makes you feel any better, I got more kills in 2 weeks with a SPAS 12 shotgun, in this Prestige, than I did with my Barret which I used in every single match until I unlocked the WA2000. It's just the luck of the draw and finding weapons that work for the range you engage in usually. Went from sniper rifle and handgun to sniper rifle and shotgun, 5-6 times more kills than with the handgun. Shotgun ended up being my secondary for all my classes except my anti-air and my One Man Army class.

I'll gladly host CAG night but I think SynGamer has a fuller friend list than me, I'm also going to be in the process of adding more people to my list. I'm usually around most nights anyway, so feel free to hit me up :)

CAG langdon_alger = PSN ID langdon_alger
Experience: Beginner!
Availablity: if you see me online, and it's early afternoon or after 8pm, hit me up, otherwise, the kids are watching
Mic: Yes
Additional Info: I love the game, I'm just not very good at it.

[quote name='dyeknom']dyeknom = dyeknom
Experience: ???, can't say until I see how other people play here.

Availability: Everyday
[/QUOTE]

Mostly the experience is how you rate yourself. I rated myself intermediate after about 3 weeks. Once you start winning free for alls semi-regularly I consider that intermediate. I consistently kick ass on Rust to the dismay of a lot of people, 9 out of 10 matches I'll win but it rarely shows up anymore. Advanced would be somebody is a bad mofo consistently in team games like Demolition or stupidly good at S&D.

Kefka and Snakelda I definitely consider Advanced players, usually ending up with a 3 to 1 KDR. Intermediate would probably be be between breaking even and a 2 to 1 KDR if you want to rate it that way. Go by the results per match because we all n00bed it up and died lots of times when we started.

apologies to mad39er. i turned off my psn IM notifications. also i turned voice volume to zero. i can't stand bad mics or tween talk. unfortunately, you can only change the voice settings during game time and not inbetween rounds or party lobbies.

so sometimes i see you guys' mics go on and off. and i wonder if its something important.

[quote name='enufs8d']apologies to mad39er. i turned off my psn IM notifications. also i turned voice volume to zero. i can't stand bad mics or tween talk. unfortunately, you can only change the voice settings during game time and not inbetween rounds or party lobbies.

so sometimes i see you guys' mics go on and off. and i wonder if its something important.[/QUOTE]

No problem. Usually with Kefka and I, we communicate if it's relatively important, Combat is also like this as well. Kefka's a bit more informative, more chatty but he's usually like Overwatch for the map in terms of whats going on during team games. I tend to mute other people if they're not like him or me, since I get distracted easily plus they make it hard for me to hear people warning me about the crap I'm about to walk into.

Good playing with you Dyeknom. Sorry about the failed invites, sometimes it's me, sometimes it's other people. My only solution when invites fail is to reset my router, put my PS3 on the DMZ on the router settings and reset my PS3. It's one of those dumb things that can make a huge difference.

I tried to get around earlier but my rottweiler puppy decided to be a puppy last night and bit me so hard she bruised my forearm, so between that and losing track of the day, I apologize for being late.

[quote name='Mad39er']
Good playing with you Dyeknom. Sorry about the failed invites, sometimes it's me, sometimes it's other people. My only solution when invites fail is to reset my router, put my PS3 on the DMZ on the router settings and reset my PS3. It's one of those dumb things that can make a huge difference..[/QUOTE]

Good playing with you as well, I do think it was on my end though. That failed to join thing pretty much only happens when I go to an invite directly from inside another game, the room I was just in crashes or if I accept an invite when I've already queued for another game. :(

[quote name='Mad39er']Mostly the experience is how you rate yourself. I rated myself intermediate after about 3 weeks. Once you start winning free for alls semi-regularly I consider that intermediate. I consistently kick ass on Rust to the dismay of a lot of people, 9 out of 10 matches I'll win but it rarely shows up anymore. Advanced would be somebody is a bad mofo consistently in team games like Demolition or stupidly good at S&D.

Kefka and Snakelda I definitely consider Advanced players, usually ending up with a 3 to 1 KDR. Intermediate would probably be be between breaking even and a 2 to 1 KDR if you want to rate it that way. Go by the results per match because we all n00bed it up and died lots of times when we started.[/QUOTE]

I still think I'm beginner and I regularly break even on my K/D. My overall K/D still hasn't caught up from the first few weeks where I didn't know the maps and just kept dying. This is also a good reason why CAG nights can be so beneficial; most of the people are very friendly and you can use the time to learn the maps and stuff.

P.S. Happy New Year to all!

CAG ID = DeLuca119
Experience: Intermediate
Availablity: Sun/Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat (nights after 6 on weekdays)
Timezone: EST
Additional Info:

I wanna play with you guys tonight!

pixi = spysheep
Availablity: Fri / Sat / Sun
Mic: Not Anymore
Additional Info: Weekend Player. I'm okay, and am better off attacking then defending.

BFGN! I'll try to co-ordinate as much as I can since Kefka is out of state. I'm still missing a chunk of you guys on my friends list so hopefully you can help me out with that by inviting other CAGers :)

It's official, MW2 and my internet connection don't like each other, definitely not a great for me to host a party, sadly.

[quote name='Mad39er']It's official, MW2 and my internet connection don't like each other, definitely not a great for me to host a party, sadly.[/QUOTE]

Tends to happen a lot from what I am reading on the IW boards. A ton of connection issues with MW2, especially after each update.

Metrognome = Metrognome
Availablity: Sun/Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat (nights)
Additional Info: Lets Rock

[quote name='Mad39er']It's official, MW2 and my internet connection don't like each other, definitely not a great for me to host a party, sadly.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I tried getting into the first couple of games and had connection problems. I invited you but you were probably busy with Spec Ops. So dyeknom and I ended up playing some good matches. Didn't see many CAGs on tonight though.

If I have a friend and we both want to play in the same Free for All, how do I set that up -- seems really tough to get it to work where we are on together. Thanks!

[quote name='Sharp Katana']Yeah I tried getting into the first couple of games and had connection problems. I invited you but you were probably busy with Spec Ops. So dyeknom and I ended up playing some good matches. Didn't see many CAGs on tonight though.[/QUOTE]

I tried to invite as well, but was in Spec ops (something I think I need to finish... but probably wont)

We did have some good matches though :p A couple of my nukes went to waste because I got them, then the game ended :( Sorry about making you go into Ground War, I wasn't sure if you liked that mode.... I just like its balance between a kill-fest(TDM) and objective(Dom)

[quote name='bsesb2003']If I have a friend and we both want to play in the same Free for All, how do I set that up -- seems really tough to get it to work where we are on together. Thanks![/QUOTE]

AFAIK, the only way to do this is to do a private match or via lan. I wanted to do this myself for that Droppin' Crates challenge... but it greys out merc. TDM and FFA when i have a party.

I'll be replying here and there, till the 8th.

-----

@bseb - You join a game (FFA), then you get your buddy to hit join session right when you start looking for a match.

It also helps to make your connection shitty (Torrents or upload a video to YouTube), cause that will make you look for a game forever. Then when he gets in, you stop DL/ULing.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Also, Happy New Years, guys.

Who's up for a round of kicking ass when I get back?[/QUOTE]

I'm having to hold the fort down while you're away :cool:

(j/k of course as I still can't seem to get a nuke).

Had some great matches with jax2001 yesterday. I tried joining more games with fluffy pancakes yesterday as well. If anyone is ever up for a game just send me an invite!

[quote name='pogipinoy27']I'm having to hold the fort down while you're away :cool:

(j/k of course as I still can't seem to get a nuke).

Had some great matches with jax2001 yesterday. I tried joining more games with fluffy pancakes yesterday as well. If anyone is ever up for a game just send me an invite![/QUOTE]

Who was the other guy we were playing with so I can add him?

add me! I am usually able to play... right before our game match wednesday (the gf likes to come over wednesday evening.... and friday evening).

I would add you all now... but my brother borrowed the ps3 and I should have it back later today.

i will probably be on tonight. i have to pack for a trip i'm leaving for tomorrow night, but that shouldn't take too long.

I'll finally be getting home tonight, but I'll be too tired to get on and play.

I'll be sure to get on tomorrow, if anybody wants to play. And then there's the Friday game night!

Tonight was cool. I came in an hour late.

However, people really didn't like to talk too much tonight. I talked enough for everyone I think ;)

Tritton AXPros should be coming in in a week or so. Yay!

[quote name='zenithyoda']Tonight was cool. I came in an hour late.

However, people really didn't like to talk too much tonight. I talked enough for everyone I think ;)

Tritton AXPros should be coming in in a week or so. Yay![/QUOTE]

The AXPros will probably be my next purchase.

I was in the CAG MW1 clan a couple years ago when TMK was still running things.

Hit me up on PSN.

Jest = Jest311 (PSN)
Experience: Advanced
Availablity: Every day after 6pm.
Timezone: Eastern
Additional Info: I don't play every day. Tons of room on friends list though. I do play pretty often when I get the chance.

:whee: BFGN! :whee:

Also, I'll try and play more casual when playing with you guys. I tend to get into the game a little bit too much.

[quote name='LordKefka06']:whee: BFGN! :whee:

Also, I'll try and play more casual when playing with you guys. I tend to get into the game a little bit too much.[/QUOTE]

I get a huge kick out of trying to keep up with you and the occasional friendly competition. It's nice having that energy, makes me want to bring my A game over and over.

Besides... how much more casual can you get when I'm asking the other team of Ninjas if they know Ninja Chicken?

[quote name='Mad39er']I get a huge kick out of trying to keep up with you and the occasional friendly competition. It's nice having that energy, makes me want to bring my A game over and over.

Besides... how much more casual can you get when I'm asking the other team of Ninjas if they know Ninja Chicken?[/QUOTE]Haha, that was great. The whole lobby was silenced for 2 minutes after that.:lol:

Also, I'm really liking our setup we have. Where I setup your sniping room as a claymore death-trap room.

-----

If anybody needs help getting the nuke, just send me a MW2 invite whenever you see me on. I'll then build up a collection of UAVs, Turrets, & Emergency Airdrops for you. I'll also keep your room constantly protected with claymores.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Haha, that was great. The whole lobby was silenced for 2 minutes after that.:lol:

Also, I'm really liking our setup we have. Where I setup your sniping room as a claymore death-trap room.

-----

If anybody needs help getting the nuke, just send me a MW2 invite whenever you see me on. I'll then build up a collection of UAVs, Turrets, & Emergency Airdrops for you. I'll also keep your room constantly protected with claymores.[/QUOTE]

dood! you should've told me. I've been trying to nuke for the longest time. :bomb:

[quote name='LordKefka06']Haha, that was great. The whole lobby was silenced for 2 minutes after that.:lol:

-----

If anybody needs help getting the nuke, just send me a MW2 invite whenever you see me on. I'll then build up a collection of UAVs, Turrets, & Emergency Airdrops for you. I'll also keep your room constantly protected with claymores.[/QUOTE]

I thoughtt airdrops don't count towards your killstreaks?

Sometimes they bug, but I don't know if it can work if you give it to somebody. Either way, the UAVs & turrets would be so nobody would gank the nuker. I would also be there protecting him with claymores.

i was playing mw2 and my console system just shuts off and a red like just blinks , but my ps3 still works. all the games I have doesn't shut off besides mw2 anyone know why ?

bread's done
Back