Modern Warfare 2 capped at 9v9. On the PC.

This is actually one of the few welcome changes I've seen. Having my server list flooded with these 24v24 matches is stupid. Though I do respect peoples right to choose stupid.

It's sad that this game will see record-breaking sales, but PC won't be a major contributor. At this point, I don't think even pirates will bother with this POS.

Having my server list flooded with these 24v24 matches is stupid.

Hold on a moment. I've never played the game but are there maps that are suited for such large matches?

[quote name='Jodou']It's sad that this game will see record-breaking sales, but PC won't be a major contributor. At this point, I don't think even pirates will bother with this POS.[/QUOTE]

+1
Yup even with all the problems people are having with the PC version the console version is pretty much an automatic win for them

[quote name='Nohbdy']Hold on a moment. I've never played the game but are there maps that are suited for such large matches?[/QUOTE]

hmmm the maps aren't that big, but when you play a large scale game the score limit sky rockets...like on console in ranked games the score limit was about 500...on PC the score limit could reach 5,000+ i think

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']This is actually one of the few welcome changes I've seen. Having my server list flooded with these 24v24 matches is stupid. Though I do respect peoples right to choose stupid.[/QUOTE]
I have to agree with you, I hate seeing servers in TF2 with player counts that are way too high for the map.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I have to agree with you, I hate seeing servers in TF2 with player counts that are way too high for the map.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Any more than 10 v 10 on COD4 would be too much. That's half the reason I went back to playing on 360 instead of PC

I'm glad. I usually only play 5v5 anyway since I just scrim constantly. COD maps are not made for 20v20, they simply aren't big enough. Even dating back to the first one, they've never been made for that. However, I do understand that some like to play that way, and they are taking a feature away from us, which is shitty.

It's a little sad to see they have little to no interest in pleasing the people (PC gamers) who made the franchise what it is today.

[quote name='kilm']For all this outcry and petition against MW2 and IW, people still really care about MW2 news lulz[/QUOTE]

That doesn't mean it won't be a damned excellent game, it's just that they're ditching their most devoted and supportive fanbase for the cashcow fanbase.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']This is actually one of the few welcome changes I've seen. Having my server list flooded with these 24v24 matches is stupid. Though I do respect peoples right to choose stupid.[/QUOTE]

+1 to this. In COD4 with 20+ players it was constant Helicopters. Just seemed to be a bit much.

9 v 9 isn't bad at all ... it's when you get to the crazy crap with 48 ppl in a server it's just stupid.

They're probably just trying to have the game play the way it's suppose to

That stinks... maybe there was a trade-off? I mean, developers are always trying really hard to make the game equal for all platforms-- in some way-- aren't they?

I wasn't going to buy MW2 since they revealed there would be no dedicated servers. The $10 price hike and 9v9 player cap definitely haven't done anything to change my mind. I'm thinking maybe the 18 player maximum was put in place at least partially because half the time the random match making hosts will have 56k modems that can't support more players.

And some of you are actually happy about this? It isn't like you have to join the 32 player games in COD4 and TF2. There are plenty of smaller servers for you to join.

[quote name='strikeratt']9 v 9 isn't bad at all ... it's when you get to the crazy crap with 48 ppl in a server it's just stupid.

They're probably just trying to have the game play the way it's suppose to[/QUOTE]

on a purely DM server yes, it was stupid. But i never use to play on those. I enjoyed only 24player + HC Tac servers enforcing iron sights for firing only and no shooting/nading for the first 30 seconds. 9v9 cap blows big time. If you didnt like large servers, nobody held a gun to your head and forced you to join them, plenty of servers opperate with less people. Now people like myself have NO choice and thats the problem. Of course those Tac servers wont exist anymore either and thats another problem.

As far as TF2 goes, valve tried this....twice.... and literally one of the first things the community did was modify server files to allow for 24+ player servers which are VERY popular.

Except they're giant morons who change the playercounts because Valve strictly made those maps for 24 players only and no more. 32-player servers become stupid clusterfucks.

I would always get on the 24 player servers. 12v12 wasn't bad on some maps. More than that was pushing it a lot. For me most maps seemed better when it was a toatal of 16-20 players.

Hmmm, I play cod4 PC on a 16v16 HC server almost every night. I think it's the perfect size (though they don't use the uber small maps). I think with too few people on a medium to large map it just becomes a camp/snipe fest.

I have never played with less than 16v16 and usually prefer higher numbers. Many of the maps actually balance well and the ones that don't tend not to come up on larger servers. Also with many of the servers I play on they increased the killstreaks needed for certain things so it doesn't become overkill.

bread's done
Back