Modern Warfare 2v2 Alpha now available for preload for ps4.

looks like the alpha went live last nite. I've been having a blast playing it. The guns feel great and they sound awesome! New graphics engine is definitely a step up also. Best mix of battlefield 4 and cod.
The guns do sound amazing. More akin to battlefield and less pew pew pew that COD is known for.

I’m not a fan of this game mode though. Or it could be the maps that I don’t like. The line of sites are strange to me.
It’s too early to tell if this will bring me back to the COD fold after all these years but I’ve enjoyed what I’ve played so far

The "all cosmetics" argument will be never ending Im afraid since each side has very valid points. That's why it's the same brick-wall dead end argument every time;

On one hand it can be viewed as its own separate entity parallel to the actual game; there is a dedicated team of graphic designers solely propped up to make shiny trinkets, and by paying for them, they keep making them. You bought the game they worked hard on, and this is extra optional stuff for the *cough* - enthusiast. It's extra-curricular, so to speak. Bona fide DLC in MOST cases. 

I say most because, as others correctly point out, eventually these shady publishers add in pay to win items after the critics have their say and move on, rendering this post moot (lol)

On the other, video games are primarily cosmetic - VIDEO game. Graphics, including eye candy and artistry, are part of the development process, end product, and overall experience. Saying it doesn't matter because it's "just cosmetic" doesn't make much sense because the entirety of a game's artistic vision is literally based on making cosmetically-attractive assets. Selling them after the fact is a hard pill for paying customers to swallow i.e. just how many of these assets were deliberately held back to be sold later?

I work in public schools and with many k-6 children; there's a huge point to be made on the psychological and social aspects of these Fortnite skins and whatnot. All these kids "made fun of me" because "OMG MR R ONLY HAS HIS DEFAULT SKIN" and I've heard countless stories of kids being shunned from groups for not getting the new season pass skins or w/e the hell it is they require as a right of passage. This ultimately puts pressure on the parents to either decline to pay for such trivial digital goods, or give in so the child isn't left out.

Just my 2 cents. Or more like $2.02 at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
its just a form of entertainment.  don't like it?  don't buy it.  Same reason I dont buy EA games.  COD is just a mindless fun.  I haven't paid more than 30bux on a new game in years and don't intend to pay 60bux for this one.  I'm pretty sure before Christmas this game can be found for 30bux, just like how I picked up blackops 4 for 29bux and battlefield v for 19bux last year.   

The "all cosmetics" argument will be never ending Im afraid since each side has very valid points. That's why it's the same brick-wall dead end argument every time;

On one hand it can be viewed as its own separate entity parallel to the actual game; there is a dedicated team of graphic designers solely propped up to make shiny trinkets, and by paying for them, they keep making them. You bought the game they worked hard on, and this is extra optional stuff for the *cough* - enthusiast. It's extra-curricular, so to speak. Bona fide DLC in MOST cases.

I say most because, as others correctly point out, eventually these shady publishers add in pay to win items after the critics have their say and move on, rendering this post moot (lol)

On the other, video games are primarily cosmetic - VIDEO game. Graphics, including eye candy and artistry, are part of the development process, end product, and overall experience. Saying it doesn't matter because it's "just cosmetic" doesn't make much sense because the entirety of a game's artistic vision is literally based on making cosmetically-attractive assets. Selling them after the fact is a hard pill for paying customers to swallow i.e. just how many of these assets were deliberately held back to be sold later?

I work in public schools and with many k-6 children; there's a huge point to be made on the psychological and social aspects of these Fortnite skins and whatnot. All these kids "made fun of me" because "OMG MR R ONLY HAS HIS DEFAULT SKIN" and I've heard countless stories of kids being shunned from groups for not getting the new season pass skins or w/e the hell it is they require as a right of passage. This ultimately puts pressure on the parents to either decline to pay for such trivial digital goods, or give in so the child isn't left out.

Just my 2 cents. Or more like $2.02 at this point.
Excellent post, but u will still have these 20iq guys come in here and try to argue that it's cosmetic only and "Reeeee doant tell me how to spend my hard earned money!!!!". They basically don't have the capacity to fully understand the problem of predatory mtx and it's ramifications on society and the industry.

its just a form of entertainment. don't like it? don't buy it. Same reason I dont buy EA games. COD is just a mindless fun. I haven't paid more than 30bux on a new game in years and don't intend to pay 60bux for this one. I'm pretty sure before Christmas this game can be found for 30bux, just like how I picked up blackops 4 for 29bux and battlefield v for 19bux last year.
Did you read that post your responding too? Seriously?

The majority of this thread about a free game alpha is from two people who will never buy the game and hate CoD. They don’t even have any original thoughts or points and are just parroting Jim Sterling.

Unreal that people put that much energy into being upset by something other people like.

Surprised at the amount of soy boys that are still defending cod. Well, not really. It's how they've kept up their business even after years of severely declining games.

And lol at the guy above. Nobody even watches Jim Sterling, dude is an idiot, but blaming someone for inciting hate on cod (most people hate cod nowadays) is the same as saying "Orange man bad, he inspires everything bad". Grow up.

I thought this was a somewhat "adult" forum? Adults shouldnt be playing cod in the first place let alone defending it.

Surprised at the amount of soy boys that are still defending cod. Well, not really. It's how they've kept up their business even after years of severely declining games.

And lol at the guy above. Nobody even watches Jim Sterling, dude is an idiot, but blaming someone for inciting hate on cod (most people hate cod nowadays) is the same as saying "Orange man bad, he inspires everything bad". Grow up.

I thought this was a somewhat "adult" forum? Adults shouldnt be playing cod in the first place let alone defending it.
so adult of you

I don’t understand how letting people enjoy the games they want to play isn’t the adult thing to do.

Hell, you’re calling people “soy boy” and throwing a tantrum and I can’t think of a more childish thing.

NearEagerDaddylonglegs-size_restricted.gif

Adults shouldnt be playing cod in the first place let alone defending it.
Adults shouldn't be telling other adults what they cannot play. Not that I think you're an adult, given the rest of that post and others you've made on this site.

I'm assuming you are not an adult then judging by that response.

Name calling, assuming things, making judgements, saying adults shouldn't be playing a game they want to, telling people they can't defend something they like, etc. Way it appears to me is you're the immature and non adult here, and not people who simply don't share the exact same opinion as your own.

People are allowed to like things.

The majority of this thread about a free game alpha is from two people who will never buy the game and hate CoD. They don’t even have any original thoughts or points and are just parroting Jim Sterling.

Unreal that people put that much energy into being upset by something other people like.
You are literally the one person who brought up Jim Sterling, as if he has a monopoly on ideas.

We may unintentionally parrot his thoughts, but unlike you, we have thoughts.

I mean if you and anyone else likes CoD, that's fine. I got no beef with that, nor did I say anything about hating on CoD.

You are literally the one person who brought up Jim Sterling, as if he has a monopoly on ideas.

We may unintentionally parrot his thoughts, but unlike you, we have thoughts.

I mean if you and anyone else likes CoD, that's fine. I got no beef with that, nor did I say anything about hating on CoD.
Are you shitting me? You literally called someone an Activision shill for daring defend people who like CoD.

I know you’re parroting Jim Sterling because I’m also a fan of his. However, unlike you, I have the cranial capacity for critical thinking. I can formulate my own opinion and choose to play games that you and others may not like.

Again, STFU and let people play what they want. It’s fucking crazy how much you and the other guy spent railing against a game you have no intention of playing.

Are you shitting me? You literally called someone an Activision shill for daring defend people who like CoD.

I know you’re parroting Jim Sterling because I’m also a fan of his. However, unlike you, I have the cranial capacity for critical thinking. I can formulate my own opinion and choose to play games that you and others may not like.

Again, STFU and let people play what they want. It’s fucking crazy how much you and the other guy spent railing against a game you have no intention of playing.
You need to stop getting so upset. No one should be this passionate about Call Of Duty. You might actually be paid since you're defending it so hard.

Also, the 5 minutes that I've seen of Mr. Sterling was enough for me to never watch that incredibly annoying british Twat ever again, so I dont know what you're talking about. But from what you're saying, its not ok to agree with him in that he apparently hates cod since you keep bringing him up, but it's ok to love it solely based off the fact that you're not agreeing with him? Wut

God, you are so dumb it hurts. Like seriously, you are one of the dumbest muthafuckas I ever seen on this site since it launched in 2003 or whatever.

I already said I have no problem with anyone enjoying whatever game they please. They can have their opinion and I have mine. YOU are the one who has a problem with anyone having any opinion that isn't pro CoD and want to silence anything that isn't sucking it's dick. I don't know why, probably because you're an idiot who has to constantly convince himself he has some measure of intelligence. And you keep bringing up Jim Sterling, when no one mentions him and act like he has a totally unique opinion that only comes from him.

Don't come at me with your weak apologetics, scrub.

He called that guy an activision shill because the guy was pathetically unable to actually make a coherent argument. He just kept repeating the cosmetic only BS that was debunked in the 4th comment of the thread, and repeating idiotic statements like "you have a gambling problem" and "you dont have to engage". Only an activision shill or a complete moron would make such arguments, and my boy there was being an optimist.

Anyway Jim Sterling is spot on, and smarter than you. He can see a scam like call of duty a mile away and as a gaming critic rightly calls it out. COD is just like fifa now, crammed with gambling mechanics, catering to uneducated gamers. Its your attitude that killed the franchise. And please point out where someone said that you cant play cod? Ill wait...

BTW I downloaded and played the 2v2 mode. Its already a camping simulator. Save yourself the download bandwidth and dont even bother.

I love this.

I have people calling me a shill because they fail to see the other side of a coin, when I have actively seen theirs but they see black and white and think it’s impossible for someone to enjoy something because something exist within it they hate.

I have people calling me a Moron

Apparently I’m requested to form an argument against something I’m not arguing against because again- they don’t understand. That whole black and white thing.

And best of all someone said Adults shouldn’t play Call of Duty.

I like this. I’m gonna Sit back and count my Activision money. Y’all have fun. LOL.

Sounds like you’re the sucker. I guess if you have a gambling problem then sure, ....YOU DONT HAVE TO ENGAGE WITH.
Except again YOU DONT HAVE TO DO IT.
I’m not defending micro transactions, and I don’t care if they exist. As long as it doesn’t end up pay to win. COD isn’t pay to win yet.

I literally don’t understand people that actively try to make people dislike something they enjoy, have been enjoying and somehow tell them the enjoyment they have been getting is false. Wtf

Also, if you have a gambling problem that’s on you. Be addicted. Don’t be addicted. Be stronger willed. Out
I haven’t played COD since a dabbled with Advanced Warfare.

You don’t have to engage with any of it.
It seems the people that complain about it aren’t even the ones that play it. And most of the ones that play and enjoy it don’t have an issue.
Lol. That is nowhere near the same thing. What part of YOU DONT HAVE TO ENGAGE don’t you understand.
You’re the one with the gambling problem. Not me.
Just a summary of the valuable contribution from this guy.

He has no recent experience with COD, doesnt play it. Does not even know that its been pay to win since AW (even though he actually played that game).

Is upset that people are trying to make others dislike the game when they dont play it, but actively shills for the game while admitting to not playing it.

Accuses anyone who disagrees as having a gambling problem.

When he can no longer muster up an argument resorts to emotes.

Lmao.

Love the "adults" that are getting triggered about me saying they shouldnt play Call Of Duty.

Imagine saying to your significant other "No honey I can't watch the kids or come to bed, I'm playing Call Of Duty with children". Almost as bad as an adult playing fortnite or battle royale in general.

Love the "adults" that are getting triggered about me saying they shouldnt play Call Of Duty.
Imagine saying to your significant other "No honey I can't watch the kids or come to bed, I'm playing Basketball, LITERALLY anything else l with children". Almost as bad as an adult playing fortnite or battle royale in general.
Sounds like someone has been traumatized by a child at some point isn’t their life.

This person does not play well with children. NOTED. No Dark Souls for you.

GATEKEEPING of Video Games Y’all.

This is the entertainment I’ve needed. I thank you all for brightening my life.

bread's done
Back