Modern Warfare 3 Discussion Thread - Out 11/8/11. New Multiplayer Trailer!

Im still playing a lot of MW2 lately, if i play at nights i RARELY run into hacked lobbies, its only during the daytime that they come about. Ive also hardly ran into OMA toobers lately, and the quickscopers these days are worse then ever, super easy kills. Overall im really enjoying MW2 again and im beyond hyped for MW3, maybe all the douchebags were at the XP event which is why its been so good lately.

That sniping footage is complete bullshit....

Yay for adding this "1337 Quickscoping" for the pre-pubescent player base of this game.

[quote name='LordKefka06']That sniping footage is complete bullshit....

Yay for adding this "1337 Quickscoping" for the pre-pubescent player base of this game.[/QUOTE]

Yah, the QSing i still trash, but i watched other videos where they only got one shot one kill 2 out of 5 shots they took, it has to be done really well to get a kill it seems. Plus most people quickscoping are horrific at it.

After seeing that sniping footage, I'm damn near 99.9% positive Battlefield 3 is the right choice for me. I may have only put in 27 days worth of time into MW2 but I honestly don't see anything mind-blowing in MW3 and BF3 drops my jaw everytime I see a new video...

MW2 was my first experience with FPS multiplayer. Playing with the CAG clan was one of the best experiences I have had with online multiplayer. We had some great nights bullshitting and/while steamrolling the opposition. I really hope this is not all hype like BO was. As long as someone has the Hardened edition with the free maps, and if they are gameshareable, then its all good. I still need to look into the elite pricing/experience.

I tried streaming the damn COD XP event but got lots of D/C and lag, that I gave up. Did they post video of the paintball on scrapyard? Without stopping power perk, it really looks like half to whole clip is required to kill someone. Lag is going to play a big part in this game. QS = lame.

No way im getting BF3, as i mentioned earlier, i cannot support games with online pass codes. And with MW3 this holiday + UMVC3 + SSF4 AE 2012 patch + Uncharted 3, etc, there is no room for it. Black ops was one of the biggest disappointments ive ever had in my gaming career, the game is SO DAMN GOOD, but it a) runs like shit on ps3, and b) has some of the worst netcode ive ever witnessed in a online game, Black Ops and King of Fighters 12 are in the running for trashiest netcode of all time. Ive had countless times where i put a clip in the guy, no hitmarkers, he turns around and drops me with a single bullet from his pistol. Its just horrific lag thats deep rooted in the engine itself, treyarch are not good enough devs to go all the way, although the core game itself is spectacular with balance and gunplay. All of that is worthless with the trash netcode.

I was trying to see if they removed the rifle/scope sway and it looks like they did or completely toned down the breathing aspect. It wasn't a quickscope but it was obvious that this person did have their sensitivity set lower so they can drag it out more accurately. The players looked very stiff and the ones that are the real killers you can tell by the way they progress and are more "shaky". Only 2 people featured in the vids so far are actually any good at what they're doing and they're still making extremely terrible mistakes. Dude with the shotgun had it down but I noticed a lot of people had chances to go for the knife and simply didn't, which had me yelling at the screen.

I'm not too worried about quickscopers, they're only good if they can either react quick enough or catch you with your pants down. When I hear people bitch about quickscopers I just laugh because all the energy spent on quickscoping is much better spent elsewhere. Kids get hung up on the leetness of quickscoping and they neglect the rest of their game for that one amazing kill or the opportunity to set up in a shooting gallery.

At least you can turn off Aim Assist which will be helpful, as that got me killed a whole lot in MW2. Oddly enough and I'm not sure if it's because Black Ops just had a lot of recoil but every single gun had excessive recoil to the point where you can't put 3 shots into somebody without the gun just jumping all over the place. I think Black Ops failed in that they aimed for ultra-gritty-grown-ass-men-can't-control-a-gun rather than using actual real world data. They really took spray and pray to new levels once you turn off Aim Assist and that really isn't how it should be. I'm fairly sure it was Bullet Assist more than Aim Assist judging from most of the Black Ops footage.

Mad, Nokill, Snake, Hito

Are you guys getting Hardened Edition? I am on the fence about doing so, cause I may not be able to play as long/often as with MW2. But if we could get a good group together for the clan tournaments, we could go for some prizes (hopefully big prizes). Any plans, ideas, suggestions?

Ya, this doesn't look like MW3.

The sound of each gun is exactly the same, from assault to sub machine gun to sniper rifle. In MW2, they were nearly the same, but slightly different especially from type to type. Not only that, but I don't like the kill confirmed guy popping up nearly every time, a nice text pop up will do, I don't need the voice confirmation I know MW2 also had "Tango down" or "Enemy down", but it seemed quieter.

And the textures look fucking lazy. Oh, lets just make everything fucking black except sniper rifles. I mean even in MW2 base textures were different colors. The animation when he pulls up the pad with the numbers is fucking lazy. It just looks bad. The thing that pissed me off the most, and maybe I'm wrong about this, but a Riot Shield was a fucking killstreak? Really? That shit was underpowered in MW2.

Honestly, MW3 looks like a rush job to get another CoD out so people can expect one every year. I know textures and animations don't really matter, since it's all about gameplay, but since they cut corners there you don't think they'd cut corners in other places?

Extremely late Edit: Upon viewing some footage of actual matches, not trailers, the maps do look way bigger than in Black Ops which is a good thing. The gameplay itself looks like normal CoD (excluding the Tryarch games), but I still don't know. Maybe I over-reacted. The care-package for Riot Shield still seems insanely retarded, considering it looks like they're keeping quick-scoping.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nakanenui']Mad, Nokill, Snake, Hito

Are you guys getting Hardened Edition? I am on the fence about doing so, cause I may not be able to play as long/often as with MW2. But if we could get a good group together for the clan tournaments, we could go for some prizes (hopefully big prizes). Any plans, ideas, suggestions?[/QUOTE]

To be honest I didn't really think of getting the Hardened Edition. Is the major thing that comes with it the CoD Elite?

If the rest of you guys go for it and we go for the clan route I wouldnt mind dropping the extra coin to pick it up. I definitely can see us doing definitely well when it comes to clan matches and may give a bit more longevity to the game.

[quote name='nakanenui']Mad, Nokill, Snake, Hito

Are you guys getting Hardened Edition? I am on the fence about doing so, cause I may not be able to play as long/often as with MW2. But if we could get a good group together for the clan tournaments, we could go for some prizes (hopefully big prizes). Any plans, ideas, suggestions?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kagekiri']To be honest I didn't really think of getting the Hardened Edition. Is the major thing that comes with it the CoD Elite?

If the rest of you guys go for it and we go for the clan route I wouldnt mind dropping the extra coin to pick it up. I definitely can see us doing definitely well when it comes to clan matches and may give a bit more longevity to the game.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I'm on the fence about MW3's Hardened Edition since it's hideously more expensive than MW3 alone. If I can swing it sure but money just got tighter than I want it to be, maybe I'll put aside some scrap money for this. Quote of the Gamestop description below.

Boasting multiplayer map packs, an exclusive membership, in-game unlockables, and a one-of-a-kind book bound by Call of Duty: Modern Warfare's untold secrets, the "Hardened Edition" is the definitive experience for the Call of Duty fan.

• CALL OF DUTY: MW3 GAME DISC, FEATURING UNIQUE DISC ART
  • 1-YEAR CALL OF DUTY: ELITE MEMBERSHIP, INCLUDES FUTURE CALL OF DUTY: MW3 DOWNLOADABLE GAME CONTENT (INCLUDING MAP PACKS)
  • PECIAL FOUNDER STATUS ON CALL OF DUTY ELITE, INCLUDES EXCLUSIVE IN-GAME EMBLEM, PLAYERCARD, WEAPON CAMOUFLAGE, CLAN XP BOOST, AND MORE EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS
  • PREMIUM, COLLECTIBLE STEELBOOK CASE
  • EXCLUSIVE PLAYSTATION NETWORK ANIMATED TIMELINE THEME
  • LIMITED EDITION, COLLECTIBLE FIELD JOURNAL CHRONICLING THE ENTIRE SAGA WITH 100+ PAGES OF AUTHENTIC MILITARY SKETCHES, DIAGRAMS AND WRITTEN ENTRIES

[quote name='Mad39er']I dunno, I'm on the fence about MW3's Hardened Edition since it's hideously more expensive than MW3 alone. If I can swing it sure but money just got tighter than I want it to be, maybe I'll put aside some scrap money for this. Quote of the Gamestop description below.[/QUOTE]

The only benefit to the hardened edition seems to be the free dlc content which will probably be timed delayed for PS3 and we can all gameshare maps cheaper. Am I missing something?

[quote name='jax2001']The only benefit to the hardened edition seems to be the free dlc content which will probably be timed delayed for PS3 and we can all gameshare maps cheaper. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]
A year's worth of CoD Elite($50 value). I'm leaning heavily towards the Hardened Edition now as it's $10 cheaper to buy it with Hardened than to buy Elite and MW3 separately upon release.

Definitely setting aside pennies since I stopped buying booze.

My major tipping point on the Hardened Edition is the benefits of Elite Membership. I know I would not pay extra for it separately, but as a bundle with free maps, it is a nice value. If we can do well, as a player, or as a clan, we could win physical prizes. But we have time to make a decision. I just hope those prizes are worth the extra money for Elite. Free DLC is nice, and granted we could gameshare the map packs to lessen the assumed $15 for each map pack default price. Safe to say 2 map packs minimum in a 12 month span?

[quote name='nakanenui']My major tipping point on the Hardened Edition is the benefits of Elite Membership. I know I would not pay extra for it separately, but as a bundle with free maps, it is a nice value. If we can do well, as a player, or as a clan, we could win physical prizes. But we have time to make a decision. I just hope those prizes are worth the extra money for Elite. Free DLC is nice, and granted we could gameshare the map packs to lessen the assumed $15 for each map pack default price. Safe to say 2 map packs minimum in a 12 month span?[/QUOTE]
Anybody who is using Elite probably will be one of the organizers of the clan nights, if that's going to be something to factor in. Elite also gives you the map packs for free when they're released as long as you were 'Elite' at one point or another. I think the Hardened edition is hard to pass up for a $10 discount on Elite and if you break it down further, $15 each per map pack and Black Ops has now pushed out 3 map packs... basically boils down to a single person buying Elite or multiple people gamesharing just for the map packs.

Changed my preorder to the hardened edition. $99 is pretty steep but hoping to see how "limited" it really will be. With the BB deal, going to get $20 back, plus if any retailer decides to reduce price within 30 days, a price match will definitely be made.

[quote name='nakanenui']Changed my preorder to the hardened edition. $99 is pretty steep but hoping to see how "limited" it really will be. With the BB deal, going to get $20 back, plus if any retailer decides to reduce price within 30 days, a price match will definitely be made.[/QUOTE]

I dont remember any retailer advertising the lower price of any special edition.

[quote name='edson13']I dont remember any retailer advertising the lower price of any special edition.[/QUOTE]

Probably not until release week. But BB has a 30 day policy for matching competitor ads. I have a few options, like FRYs who almost always has release day sales. I wonder if I can PM Newegg since they also have some good sales. Kmart has been stepping up their game sales with their dedicated deal thread, so if they have a physical ad then that too is an option.

Newegg has a bunch of preorder sales right now, but I am still contemplation how much time I will actually have to play all these games. They all come out one after another.

Black Ops had a MAP(minimum advertised price) that only Kmart was able to get around via points and bonus offers. I can almost guarantee you will not see a better deal than Kmart but their allocations for the Hardened Editions have sucked so bad because they have no way to "pre order" and can't secure more than a copy per store based on the release experience I had with Black Ops.

The only other rival may be Toys R Us with their giftcard w/purchase deals, but I wouldn't count on anybody beating the MAP other than Kmart.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']The care-package for Riot Shield still seems insanely retarded, considering it looks like they're keeping quick-scoping.[/QUOTE]

Its not a riot shield killstreak, its a juggernaut one. Remember these guys ?
Juggernaut_SpecOps.jpg

Have any B&M stores posted any deals yet? I've searched high and low for deals but have yet to see any...

I know it's still early, but I like to be prepared :)

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Is most everyone using the UMP? Thats what it looks like :lol:[/QUOTE]
They only had a limited amount of guns available, according to various XP participants. It does showcase how the games are meant to be played and how much of what was learned in MW2 still holds true. Hold B bitches.

Domination. Hold B point, and you own the other team.

I see too many mexican jumping beans. Not too many drop shooters.

Announcers are terrible.

[quote name='nakanenui']Domination. Hold B point, and you own the other team.

I see too many mexican jumping beans. Not too many drop shooters.

Announcers are terrible.[/QUOTE]
I loved the epic fail of that one announcer, he's like 'the trophy, what are those? AKs?' and the other one just ignores him. They look like ACRs or SCARs.

Mountain Dew and Doritos chips to have Double XP codes in October according to the Gunn Shop.

Hmmm....that video almost makes me want to hurry up and get this certification I need for work since that will be taking up most of my time for a while.

[quote name='jmbreci']Hmmm....that video almost makes me want to hurry up and get this certification I need for work since that will be taking up most of my time for a while.[/QUOTE]

do it now, haha. I am trying to see how to convince the wife to let me play like MW2 days (all evening with the CAG/NOOB clan). I guess if I buy her that house...

I cannot believe the hype you guys are giving this game. I think I'm going to pass this year and stick with BF3, with the possibility of some Uncharted 3. MW3 looks like it could be another map pack and a simple patch of MW2, except it will cost you $60-100.

Speaking of MW2, I played some last night, had a few good games. Others had some major hacks, one guy was shooting circles with an AC130 picking everyone off. Spawn, Die, Spawn, Die...awesome. Also ran into a clan of noobtubers. Other than those two games...good times.

[quote name='combatrhombus']I cannot believe the hype you guys are giving this game. I think I'm going to pass this year and stick with BF3, with the possibility of some Uncharted 3. MW3 looks like it could be another map pack and a simple patch of MW2, except it will cost you $60-100.

Speaking of MW2, I played some last night, had a few good games. Others had some major hacks, one guy was shooting circles with an AC130 picking everyone off. Spawn, Die, Spawn, Die...awesome. Also ran into a clan of noobtubers. Other than those two games...good times.[/QUOTE]

Battlefield is 30 fps, is going to have a online code to play online and everyone is just going to hang by the back and wait for the jets to spawn and rush them. With MW3 i know what im getting, new awesome maps, weapon balance, new system where the online code is now on the servers so chance of hack is slim to none, and the same awesome gameplay i loved in mw2. Its hard not to be excited for MW3 if you are into MW2 style of play.

Lets not even forget the awesome survival mode.

[quote name='combatrhombus']I cannot believe the hype you guys are giving this game. I think I'm going to pass this year and stick with BF3, with the possibility of some Uncharted 3. MW3 looks like it could be another map pack and a simple patch of MW2, except it will cost you $60-100.

Speaking of MW2, I played some last night, had a few good games. Others had some major hacks, one guy was shooting circles with an AC130 picking everyone off. Spawn, Die, Spawn, Die...awesome. Also ran into a clan of noobtubers. Other than those two games...good times.[/QUOTE]
Dude, it's a discussion thread about MW3. Those of us[from the clan] who are leaning towards it are leaning towards it because MW2 is currently broken on the PS3 side. We'd much rather stick with MW2 if it would just get patched.

That said, there is nothing wrong with wanting BF3 and Uncharted 3, neither of those are currently offering tournament features as far as I'm aware of. If you've got the skill and drive to play big, play MW3, if not play whatever else because my biggest lure is the competition and how we'll collectively place when this bitch gets rolling.

Edit: Just checked BF3's facebook page, they're already talking about announced DLC. Lets not stir the pot in that direction, both companies are money/DLC hungry.

MW has its flaws, and some of the biggest flaws in the FPS genre to-date, since it caters to the mainstream children demographic. But at the same time, it does oh so many things correctly, and is 1 of the most polished & all around enjoyable FPS game on the market.

1 of the biggest reasons I, and the clan as a whole, still play this game is because of each other. This game is no where near as entertaining when doing solo play, since you then start to realize how many flaws there truly are. But in the end, the game sets up so many mischievous opportunities (that Mad has proven time & time again) that make this game a complete blast to play with friends. It has the right balance of competitive play & game modes, along with the entertaining side of perks/explosives...etc...

So yes, you are right, this game is horrible compared to what it should be. But that is what it will be, since they have to cater to all consumers.

Back On Topic: I need to see some of my beefy Silenced AK-47 Gameplay!

Doesnt BF have a competitive tournament every year around release?

Mad, you brought up a good point about the competitive aspect. Have they released any prize lists or hinted at anything? Even though I planned to, I might have to postpone buying a bunch of games if we decide to really have a go at the competitive clan battles aspect. I really hope this does not turn out like BLOPS did, where we hyped the living crap out of it, and when it dropped, we were like "this game is nothing like we expected." At least the gameplay videos have demonstrated to some extent our expectations.

[quote name='LordKefka06']1 of the biggest reasons I, and the clan as a whole, still play this game is because of each other. This game is no where near as entertaining when doing solo play, since you then start to realize how many flaws there truly are. But in the end, the game sets up so many mischievous opportunities (that Mad has proven time & time again) that make this game a complete blast to play with friends. It has the right balance of competitive play & game modes, along with the entertaining side of perks/explosives...etc...
[/QUOTE]
Agree one of the main reasons I play COD games cause they are fun to play with your friends. Since COD appeals to the masses most of my friends play these games, so I play them as well and considering MW2 brought me into the whole FPS world and back into gaming. I may pick MW3 as well since I did enjoy playing with the MW2 clan and my friends will most likely be playing this too.

I know this isn't the clan thread, but since a majority of "the MW2 clan" were posting, I figured I would drop my two cents as well. My apologies for going OT.

[quote name='nakanenui']Doesnt BF have a competitive tournament every year around release?

Mad, you brought up a good point about the competitive aspect. Have they released any prize lists or hinted at anything? Even though I planned to, I might have to postpone buying a bunch of games if we decide to really have a go at the competitive clan battles aspect. I really hope this does not turn out like BLOPS did, where we hyped the living crap out of it, and when it dropped, we were like "this game is nothing like we expected." At least the gameplay videos have demonstrated to some extent our expectations.[/QUOTE]
I saw that BF has competitive tournaments on the PC side but that's about it.

I'm glad I didn't go to the COD XP event in LA. I didn't realize they were only filling 4 teams to go on to participate and they made everybody run the "gauntlet" with the other remaining 12 teams already set up in Black Ops tournaments held by Gamestop and elsewhere. I'm really skeptical that the CODXPo would have been enjoyable knowing we all would have had to have competed individually to get placed with the finalists and not guarantee a team spot.

That all said, I know they intend to use Elite for event organizing and tournament stuffs but that's about it. Prizes and everything else is up in the air. I do know they made it so you can personally manage and organize your own sets of player groups and clans, so it's likely that we can register for tournaments as a team remotely versus having to go to gamestop, which would be awesome if they hold more CoD tournament events.

After reading up more on it, I may consider getting the hardened edition. Since they now have a support ranking that will more suit my type of playing instead of straight kill streak mode. Just wondering if I can run the flag and cook a grenade at the same time.

i for one will be comming out of the rock i have been hiding under lol . and will be back on there for the release of mw3 . it'll be nice to play with you guys again

[quote name='jmbreci']After reading up more on it, I may consider getting the hardened edition. Since they now have a support ranking that will more suit my type of playing instead of straight kill streak mode. Just wondering if I can run the flag and cook a grenade at the same time.[/QUOTE]
All I know is CTF is going to be off the chain. No more Marathon means much more teamwork, more escorts and the survival rate drops considerably for runners. I'm just glad C4 made it back in because it'll be worth it's weight in gold now.

CTF with bouncing bettys everywhere, going to be fun. Just like claymores, but instead can take out the whole team who are running escort if they are too close.

[quote name='nakanenui']CTF with bouncing bettys everywhere, going to be fun. Just like claymores, but instead can take out the whole team who are running escort if they are too close.[/QUOTE]
Robert Bowling said the Bouncing Betty's make a very audible sound that if you go prone in time, you'll avoid most/all of their damage. Where claymores are more cone-explosion oriented, I think the Bouncing Betty will be more something that will have to be tinkered with in terms of placement. I know around corners and bushes/tall grass will be perfect for them although I know C4 above the bombsite/flag will always be my favorite.

Per the link above from Mad39er - "New monthly DLC released over 9 months."
Hot damn, how much goodies are they coming out with??? :)

[quote name='nakanenui']Anyone worried about who is developing the game? Raven Software and Sledgehammer Games?[/QUOTE]The only thing I'm worried about is liking the character models, as they looked a little stiff in the videos. Everything else looked alright, most gamesites are reporting it to be a directly translated feel of MW2 in terms of controls, pacing and whatnot, which means there is little to no adaptation issues aside from shaking off the rust.

At least it's not a fucking Treyarch game, they're so garbage.

[quote name='nakanenui']Anyone worried about who is developing the game? Raven Software and Sledgehammer Games?[/QUOTE]

I'm don't keep upto date too much on developer's names, but I thought Infinity Ward was handling this game?

And what games has Raven & Sleddgehammer made in the past?

bread's done
Back