Modern Warfare 3 Xbox/PS3 with 2000 pts ($20 value) for $55 at Buy.com free shipping

foreinter

CAGiversary!
Just got this email from Buy.com " Buy MW3 for Xbox or PS3 version get 2000 points ($20 value). The price now at Buy.com is $55 for both ps3 and xbox version. So $35 is not a bad price.

PS3

Xbox

Plus using Discover card to get 5% cash back.

Sorry if it's a repost.

[quote name='Jawmuncher']Eh we can go with this thread, my thread turned into a mess because of my iPhone.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I didn't see your thread. I don't mind it the Mod merge our threads. I will probably go with this deal and save the Midnight release.

[quote name='foreinter']Sorry I didn't see your thread. I don't mind it the Mod merge our threads. I will probably go with this deal and save the Midnight release.[/QUOTE]

It's fine.
I'd rather the nicer thread than the first thread.

If they posted this a couple weeks ago then I'd jump on it. I still kinda feel like going for it and just waiting a few days to get it.

EDIT: The free shipping will take 5-8 business days. My last buy.com order with free shipping took a week or so. I already have it preordered from Amazon, which cost me about $7 (I sent back a game I got from yourfree360games.com and used the credit on MW3). I think I'll pass on this. Nice to see someone give good credit though...

Thanks OP. This is definitely the best deal in terms of pricing, if you don't mind that free shipping takes 5-8 business days. My issue is I've never shopped at buy.com and not sure what I would do with $20 gc there. I'm going back and forth between this deal and Toys R Us. Lol.

[quote name='CaseX']Thanks OP. This is definitely the best deal in terms of pricing, if you don't mind that free shipping takes 5-8 business days. My issue is I've never shopped at buy.com and not sure what I would do with $20 gc there. I'm going back and forth between this deal and Toys R Us. Lol.[/QUOTE]

I will buy a copy from B&M store like Walmart and then return the buy.com copy. In this way, I can play now and also enjoy the price. I know I am shitty CAG. Buy.com occasionally has some decent deal. I bet you can find deals on BF. BTW, this is my first time to use points and have no idea how it works.

I just got this email about an hour ago.. I'm really debating. I rather get the hardened since I have the steelbooks for all the rest, but chances are with that version being out of stock everywhere, it will probably be a really long time before I'm able to get it for a decent price. Plus I already have $20 worth of pts from when I pre-ordered Catherine.

[quote name='SOLDIER']Can the points be used to buy an MS points card?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. As a side note: maybe it's a YMMV, but it looks like they charge tax for their points cards. Also, a lot of the other games they have don't offer free shipping.

this might be the best net deal for the regular edition (for me). not sure if the $20 credit would be deducted before tax (makes big difference). Kmart is the best overall deal for the regular 360 edition (plus another $50+ game) due to the bonus discounts for msp/live. Best Buy has the best potential deal if the regular edition was one of the 5/$100 thanks to PMing (until January).

Buy.com really should have done this earlier; they would've got my sale (and I hate shopping at buy.com and I'll have to do it once more).

I wasn't going to get this game unless I could find it for less than $40 by subtracting credit incentives. I happened to run into this deal while checking if amazon had put a credit sale on it. Came out for $54.99 + $20 credit.

The way I see it, even if the game sucks I can easily trade it in for a TIV of $35+. Battlefield 3 is at $33 right now.

I have Battlefield 3 and although I have no intention in trading it in, some minor choices in game system really makes it irritating. For example you can make a squad of 4 friends at the Menu but once you go to a match your friends get spread out of the squad, and even at the enemy team. Took us a little while to figure out a way to get back together as a group. Not being able to quit after a match ends is the most retarded concept ever. I hate having to wait for a match to start to then leave. Like I said, minor but huge annoyance.

That being said Battlefield 3 and COD are completely different type of games and I hope everyone is enjoying them both. I think this buy.com deal is for sure worth it for everyone on the fence. Honestly, people should stop hating on one or the other. Activision and EA are both greedy company, and honestly why the heck do people buy games as "supporting" a major company. Just buy games for fun and because you want to play them!

Haha I guess my post is all over the place, anyway just a little rant among the opinion. Thanks for posting it here both OPs. I was going to do it but saw it was up. Good job and have fun everyone!

how do the points work? never mind I looked it up, 15 days after item ships points are usable, no Google or Paypal check out to use points.

[quote name='tightclaws']how do the points work? never mind I looked it up, 15 days after item ships points are usable, no Google or Paypal check out to use points.[/QUOTE]

Right on time for black friday. I used paypal to pay so I'm sad about that tidbit. Oh well just put credit card and then delete it off the account afterward.

My plan is to spend it on either Super Mario 3D Land or Zelda: Skyward Sword.

BOOOOO also thought was 2000 XBL points.

LOL guess you can always buy a 1600 points card though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will go with this deal. $35 with free shipping, seems the best deal so far. I buy from Buy.com, so spending the 2000 points ($20) will be no problem.

Thanks OP, wanted some kind of deal that didn't benefit a live membership like Amazon was offering. I buy random things from buy.com so I'll find a good home for the credit!

bread's done
Back